• bener
    Folks ... just to help shed some light on the Beta testing thing ... Ghost and others have posted this, so it's not new info, but, given how threads are all over the forum with similar info, it seems some of us may have missed these items ...

• Beta testing is going on First in iOS and then later on it'll be on Android. Don't ask me why, that's just the way they are doing it.
    • Beta testers are not all starting at the same time. Ghost is doing Beta testing in batches or groups. It seems that they are focusing on working through issues as the Beta tests identify items of interest, etc. So, if you asked and haven't been contacted yet, don't assume that you're being ignored, unloved or worse ....
    • The timeline -- like so many things in life -- is not set in concrete, these are working estimates, so please don't get upset unnecessarily if some working deadline has passed. Things happen...
    • There is no big secret handshake to become a Beta tester, just send @ghostvapesofficial a message telling them of your interest.
    • We here on the forum have been besieging the Ghost folks with the same queries over and over .... just take a few puffs and RELAX ... The more time that Ghost spends on answering the same questions over and over means less time is spent on focusing on the task at hand: fix the issues.
    • And don't forget -- if you're tired of waiting, or don't like the way things have gone and are going, or you think you've been played, you can always return your Ghost MV1 hassle-free. Several folks have done it already. If you're not happy about things you have a right to be unhappy, but for the sake of us all, please just ask to get your money returned and quit the whining ... whining doesn't fix things. But it sure does make for some unpleasant reading :-)
  • BoomDraws
    Bumped to keep it up.
  • Ooziah
    That’s what she said
  • Philly
    thanks for the summary.
  • bener

You are more than welcome
  • Spaceman66
    @bener Agree! Signed up today for iOS beta testing. Patiently waiting...
  • StuddlyBud

I thought the testing for iOS was over and now time for Android...
  • bener

Not as far as I know, where did you get the information to lead you to conclude it's Android testing time?

It's possible you're correct, but I have not noticed any posting by Ghost stating that's the case.
  • vinhale
    As I understand it, they are 48 hours into iOS group 1 testing. Group 2 is likely days away as they are already using what they learned to make changes to the firmware plan.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the work being done on the iOS tests should apply across platforms, so the android dev phase should be shorter because the problems they are working on are on a layer of tech that is platform-agnostic. Opinion, of course.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Hey yo, I found a pic of the ghost app in operation, one sec.. it's pretty damn cool man
  • GhostMV1User
    Android testing is probably 7 or so days away. That what I was told :)
  • Erikson
    all I see is a grey image with the words "Plush Forums"
  • Spaceman66
    @SirCrackKillaH I get the _exact_ same result, dude. The links you use don't appear to be pullin' in the actual intended image. It does say "GIF" in the lower left corner of the PlushForums "box/window" but nuthin' else displays, certainly no images. Lather, rinse, repeat - same thing happens on multiple posts. Haven't seen one work correctly yet. TOTALLY love your stuff regardless, bro', so def keep ur posts coming!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    You mean you didn't see the images I found of Patrick man? That blows hard. Yeah, this Ghost app is mad chill yo. it's got these animated ghosts that when you push the buttons, so long as you are looking at them, won't move and keep their eyes covered. When you push the buttons and aren't looking at them, they move. They open and close their mouths and shit. It's pretty rad.
  • Spaceman66
    @SirCrackKillaH Sounds like it, bro! We'll get it figgered out...
  • medicalmark
    Kinda degressing don't you think? I thought this was a beta testing forum about the ghost mv1?
    It's getting well stupid.
    I'm wasting my time here obviously
  • SirCrackKillaH
    He's explaining what the timeline is and what is to be expected. Thus far from what we've seen, nobody has it yet. Or if they are doing the small groups, it's most likely closed or under nondisclosure agreements which would make sense. We'll Hear more when we hear more, that's it.
  • Ooziah
    It's all good thanks for the laughs while we wait LOL
  • medicalmark
    Bored go vape
  • BoomDraws
    He's explaining what the timeline is and what is to be expected. Thus far from what we've seen, nobody has it yet. Or if they are doing the small groups, it's most likely closed or under nondisclosure agreements which would make sense. We'll Hear more when we hear more, that's it.SirCrackKillaH

:)
  • Rockytdogg

You want specific posting rules, censorship and rude authoritarian rule, go hang over at that jerk fest called F*** Combustion... That place fuckin sucks for anything but lurking.
  • bener
    Actually,this isn’t a
    beta testing forum about the ghost mv1medicalmark
    Those conversations are going on between the beta testers and Ghost in the background.

I started this particular thread to help inform readers about the Beta testing process.

Did you read the first post in the thread?
  • bener
    @Erikson & @Spaceman66

If you don't see images on some of the posts, the explanation is likely your browser or some setting on your device. I can see the images, but it is sometimes browser dependent.

If you can, try using a different browser as a test to see if that fixes it for you.
  • BoomDraws
    it's not browser as much as plug-ins related to flash or java script. That's the issue they are having.
  • bener
    how can you be so sure!? Have you examined their devices? What if one of their browsers has some setting that doesn't allow images?

I have THREE browsers on my machine right now, they all don't work the same - on purpose - I use them for different things. I've seem MANY users have issues with a particular site or images that were due to their browser settings or, as you suggest a plug-in (which is really a browser setup issue).

It's usually not a safe bet to be 100% sure of things without firsthand experience.

You'll note that I used the word 'likely' to help the reader see that it's not an absolute, but a possibility. Unless you have actually examined their devices, perhaps being absolute is not as helpful or useful.
  • BoomDraws
    Because it's an issue I have had many times over the course of 15+ years of using/building my own computers and I am 90% sure that is the problem..... I also use multiple browsers.... however my tried and true fav is Firefox.
  • Spaceman66
    @BoomDraws@bener

Good points, guys! I will try using different flavored browsers. Geez, is the interwebs broke or what!... what do mere mortals do?! I’m always telling the missus: I’ll get IT right on that! (slaps forehead): ... Oh wait, that’s me!!!
  • bener

And, if you do see something like a link, or “placeholder “ instead of an image, try just clicking it. You might see the image.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment