• MurknyaVapes
    So i got at least 1oz of ABV or more (vaped majority of time at 385f). I want a very POTENT edible / dish that I dont have to eat too much of to get the effects preferably. Am I wasting my time? Should I make a abv canna butter, coconut oil, oil, etc? Whats some options for very potent "" with what I have? Theres a willie nelson chili thats in the high times cookbook that looks good?
  • Namekian
    Butter is you best option but if its really potent and made from just ABV, it can taste terrible. I prefer putting it in a savory dish like a nice spaghetti sauce instead of cookies or brownies. Good luck! :)
  • Kuzko
    I’ve found ABV butter to be extremely potent still. Just make it and use it as you would with regular flower.
  • Namekian
    You don't need this by any means but if you plan on doing this often it makes things a lot easier. :)

https://magicalbutter.com/
  • MurknyaVapes
    ya the taste with the amount needed to be potent probably would need a good chili / or something? speghetti sounds good too. Something to definitely mask some that abv taste. Ive always made butter with flower in the past.
  • MurknyaVapes
    I was thinking about getting the cheaper version, i think its call easy butter or something. It makes 1 or 2 sticks of butter at a time and no shredder.
  • frandemarco
    so what do i do with the sticks of butter if im making brownies?
  • Namekian
    Sorry, I don't understand the question, are you asking how to make the butter?
  • frandemarco
    I seen the video nevermind thanks
  • Heugh

Take the whole ounce and get a huge pan. Mix it with two packages of brownie mix and make it one that uses the most butter in it. Bake at 350 until cooked through. Start with 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch squares. Will be very CBD heavy and probably put you to sleep. Have fun.

ABV is already activated so you really dont need the butter as much but it helps for taste and breaking down the material while cooking even further. You can try only one package but its not gonna taste amazing.
  • Oldtoker
    Yeah, I ate about 10 grams of ABV the other night on a PBJ. Started to get a buzz but fell asleep on the couch. Slept like a baby. So this is because ABV is CBD heavy Heugh?
  • Heugh
    Yup that would be it. ABV has already had most of the THC vaporized and whats usually left is the higher temp CBD's that haven't been vaporized so in essence you're consuming what was left out of the prior process which is very body relaxing and also to a lot of people, sedating. Isn't it wonderful?
  • Oldtoker
    Great night. My wife woke me up to go to bed, lol, and I don't think my head moved after hitting the pillow.
  • Heugh
    There is also a great little tincture you can make with coconut oil if you dont want to eat it as well. I think thats the best sleep I ever get or blast myself to sleep on an enail works too i guess :D
  • Baron23
    THC is fat soluble and not water soluble. So, even though the AVB has been decard'd, it still makes sense to make infused butter or coconut oil and use that to cook with.

Personally, I just don't really dig edibles. I have tried but find the onset time, effects, and duration too variable for my liking.

But yes, edibles will conk you out for certain, IME.
  • ZRN
    IME the easiest thing to do with AVB is to put it in a tight jar, cover with alcohol and put in the freezer for a few days shaking as often as is convenient. Filter through coffee filter to separate tincture from plant material. The various web sites recommend using Everclear grain alcohol but that stuff was too rough on my throat, I've found a high proof drinking alcohol works effectively and does not do that. I may leave some great chemistry in the plant material when I throw it away but at least I can consume my medicine without causing harm. I recently experimented with a second rinse with the alcohol and got a second batch of tincture just as strong as the first. You can add tincture to any recipe or consume it directly. The down side of consuming orally is you have to wait up to 2.5 hours (my longest wait) for it to become effective, it depends on what you ate and when. My next experiment is adding honey to improve the taste.
  • MurknyaVapes
    So since its "ABV" flower im not going to have the same/similar experience to fresh flower? Thats why i was saving up my abv. Would 1/2 oz of fresh flower equal 1 whole oz of lightly abv??
  • Bruce
    ABV is really good with the Magical Butter. Tip, as soon as ABV is available put it into a Coffe Jar or a e-Vac jar.

The one thing I didn't realize there is an EXTREMELY strong yummy smell that can be smelled anywhere in my house. If you want stealthy and cant afford to chance the smell, this method is not for you.

I made that mistake. I stood over the unit, on my first run. The yummy smell hit me for days, I am not joking. I was saying let it stop!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment