• StuddlyBud
    In the ghost I found that I'm liking to start off at level 4 and end at 5 to deplete the herb; very recent discovery. I thought that would change since having the loaner device, because the defective one kept giving me the blinking red at 4 and 5 and really wouldn't perform on level 3 and below because of the overheating issue. But with this loaner I have taken big, tasty, satisfying hits of beautiful vapor and reminded me of Bud's video or even better! I remember having the same quality of vapor on level 3 off maybe the second pull; great smooth taste and full vapor. With level 4 though, it's met my expectations of what I wanted in this vape; it's both completely satisfying to see and taste. Now, I can only imagine what level the app and firmware will push the mv1 to. Maybe my preference will change once it's downloaded... Am excited to see.

In my arizer I did prefer the higher temps but it would get a lil too hot. Lower temps were used sometimes, but didn't serve me use or satisfaction other than less visible vapor in certain situations that called for it. Once I got used to it... It didn't bother me too much, but my throat gets irritated easily and thus, cool tasty vapor is much more preferred.
  • bener
    nice topic!

I myself like to use various settings in a session, so I often go from 180C - 220C (355F - 428). I like this because at lower temps I get a lot of great flavor, and the effects are different than at higher temps. Sometimes I go thorough the temp steps in one session (one draw after another to finish the bowl), while other times I may take a few draws at lower temps and, over the course of an hour or so, step up through the temps.

I also, when I'm in a 'bong hit' mood, will do like you, going directly to 200C (390F) then 220C (428F) for more intense effects right off.
  • BoomDraws
    365, 380, 395, 428.

Flavors, vapors, expenditures.
  • DiscoverCannabis
    Level 1 & 2 has me in my computer chair twirling & coughing !!!
  • BoomDraws
    yea without the app I found those two to be the best!
  • Ooziah
    My first thought would say 370°. I think I say this because it gives thing next release of ingredients as well as taste, since the ingredients will diffuse off at various levels I think for Max effectiveness this would be the best temperature.

I recently discovered the 428 as well, and that is a wonderful tasty camp. The MV one is able to deliver taste at all temperature levels, so this becomes much more difficult question. Previously my temperature would be based on taste and effective release excess boiling points of various materials. This way you maximize your vapor at the right temperature before it runs out prematurely, which can happen guys, there’s doctors for this !

*OK for those of you like my wife, that was a joke
  • bener
    Something we should keep in mind when we’re talking about temperatures is that 400° on one manufacturer’s model or a given unit of a particular model is not the same as 400° for another manufacturer or even another unit of the same model.
  • Baron23
    Something we should keep in mind when we’re talking about temperatures is that 400° on one manufacturer’s model or a given unit of a particular model is not the same as 400° for another manufacturer or even another unit of the same model.bener

Give the man a cigar.
  • bener

Thanks @Baron23!
    I like robustos X-)
  • Namekian
    405-415. Not a flavor chaser. Just looking to get ripped! ;)
  • BoomDraws
    partagas humitube!!!!
  • Bruce
    It depends. Mostly I like a smooth and thorough vape session. I like starting at 341 Degrees (F) and move up to 385 in 5-degree increments.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Fav heat setting has to be around that level 4 mark for me on the MV1. Full session I'll start at 355 and work my way up in increments of 10-15 degrees. IQ I run the smart path with these temps, Mighty manually adjust it upward from 355. Mighty if I'm not in full blown temp changing session mode, I'll be at 385.
    With the MV1, heat level 2-5 but if I could get unlimited hits at level 4, that'd be awesome man. Level 4 if f'in on point.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Firefly 1,favorite heat level is second long pull in off after a seven second preheat. Hells yeah. MV1 does that shit with no effort. That's that shit vape dude was talking about.
  • Erikson
    Mv1 lvl 1, then 2, then finish on 3.

Never tried on higher than 3 with my MV1, maybe I'll give it a try.
  • MMongo
    For MV1 I seem to like amber2 (365), then custom temp 381 (sorry!), then finish at amber3 (392) for last draw.
  • Baron23
    For some personal reasons that would prevent me from dedicating sufficient time to the effort, I am not currently part of the beta team but am still using my pretty good functioning MV-1. Biggest issue I have is the same as others, performance tanks with battery depletion but I feel that Ghost will most certainly solve this issue.

With that said, I have been using L2 & 3 almost exclusively. The only time I have had to go to L4 (red 1) is after some battery depletion.

For comparison, I tend to run S&B vapes at 385 with a boost to finish it off and the Grasshopper at 4.25 on the temp scale. So, I do tend to warmer temps that some prefer.

With a totally full battery, my Ghost vape works very well.
  • BoomDraws
    I get the last bits out in 3 draws max at the end with 428.
  • BoomDraws
    yea the first 3 crucibles run from 100% do well. After that it drops off. How many crucibles do you feel you get before you feel the drop?
  • Lucic and Chong
    Right now, depending on battery level, I either go 1,2 & 3 or 2,3 & 4. I'm excited for the app as I think that I'll want a level between 1& 2 and between 2& 3. My preferred way to vape on my crafty is to start at 175 and increase by 5 every 2 draws, finishing at 195. I'd like to be able to try to replicate something like that with my ghost, as I like trying to hit the full flavor spectrum.
  • Baron23
    I believe I can perceive a difference after two loads.
  • BoomDraws
    - Hmmmmm. That is good to know. Thanks Baron
  • Baron23
    Definitely can tell after three....but I do think after two and even a really a slight degradation after a single bowl. Nothing works as good as a topped off, 100% charged battery.

Lately, after a session I just pop the battery back on the FC.
  • Ooziah
    428 for unique fx
  • BoomDraws
    - yes, i def do agree that is what i was doing last week. because i think Patrick said that it was designed to be used in a way you could "top up" with the charger from any level without any adverse consquence.
  • medicalmark
    The ghost works well in any heat setting but I prefer 123 cause anything higher chars the herb due to the issue related to the power and should be fixed with the release of the app.
    Using the concentrate setting isn't that great I get the red light after 1 session, so can't comment really until the power issue is fixed
  • rft360
    Level 3 outside in the cold...level 2 inside my room i has no app so i still to be specific but im counting on 385 f
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment