• DukeNukers
    Hello everyone,

New here and looking for some feedback. I'm currently shopping around for a portable vape and am considering purchasing the Crafty. I remember hearing/reading about some issues that people have been having with their units regarding defects/battery issues and having to send their units back in for repairs. I have heard that Storz & Bickel are very good about updating their products over time and fixing issues. Before I make the investment, I wanted to get some information regarding any issues that people may (or may not) still be having with their Crafty. If I purchase a Crafty now, is it likely that I will still have to send it in at some point, or have most of the issues been fixed? Is the Crafty still worth it (especially now with the lower price), or is it a better investment to buy a different vape?

If anyone has any information regarding the defects on the Crafty I would greatly appreciate it before I spend ~$300 on a new vaporizer.

Thanks,
    DukeNukers

• SirCrackKillaH
    It's great, not so great. Long term nah man. Short term sure. I sent in my Mighty about a week ago after going through three craftys, upgrading to mighty, now on my second mighty potentially third mighty. The lack of user replaceable battery is what blows about it . When it works, awesome!!! Crafty never lasted more than 10 months with me. Shortest duration was six months.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Here's the thing though about both, I'd take them in a heartbeat over all the other vapes with the exception of the MV1. That MV1 looks to be equal for the most part.
  • Magicman
    Don"t listen to Sir Crack. CRAFTY is the best session vape you can cram in your pocket.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    How long has yours lasted?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I'm not saying it isn't the best, I'm saying it is one of the best along with the mighty. It's just totally fucked as far as long term is concerned. I can see my firefly lasting 5-7 years easy, IQ same. These two, nah man
  • SirCrackKillaH
    How bout this, if you are prepared to part with your vaporizer yearly then it's awesome. I don't mind really sending it in because I have other vapes. Unless they improved it with the most current model, I'm not too sure it'll last without a service call or five by the five year mark.
  • DukeNukers
    Hmm. It's always difficult for me to purchase a new product because I want to do as much research as possible and hear what people have to say about it. I saw the MV1 that you are talking about on Bud's Best Vape List as well as his YouTube reviews and I was intrigued when I saw it. Your mentioning it definitely puts it into consideration, as well. It is comparable in price to the Crafty and Bud seems to really love it. I definitely want something that will last, especially since good vaporizers can be pricey. Honestly, I'm just looking for a quality product, great vapor production, and longevity. Does the MV1 have any issues like the Crafty does, or is it a really solid vaporizer?

Thank you both SirCrackKillaH and Magicman for your feedback as well. I'm reading everything I can and really looking at as many options as possible before I buy the Crafty (or some other vaporizer).
  • Kakarot
    FF2 will last a lifetime because the damn thing never works therefore nothing can mess up.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Ha, not the FF2, the FF1 I'm talking about. FF2 is made of glass or some shit, the FF1 is straight iron man steel type shit. Fuckin IRON MAN!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    IQ man. 10 year warranty. I'm lovin' the MV1. Some of the issues like the battery which I ran into with the MV1 were easily mitigated with a replacement battery and not the whole device needing to be sent in. Same thing with the davinci. I got that too with a defective battery but they sent me another with haste. It was easy for me to simply go to the vape shop and get a replacement battery. That's the thing that you gotta look at, Is the battery replaceable or will you potentially be bound to the company indefinitely for replacements. I've learned this with the Pax and Storz and Bickel products the hard way back when I only had one dedicated vape. Forced me to buy an IQ which turned out to be awesome and a second hand firefly 1 which after a little while I got the hang of and bought a second one used for $100.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Now I have a small collection of vapes. Storz and Bickel won't do you wrong really but you do need a back up. Some of the other vapes are definitely more reliable in the long run but Storz and Bickel products will always have a place in my heart. That's I guess why I'm super pissed about the reliability factor with them. MV1 vs. Mighty with removable battery pack.... mighty all the way. MV1 vs Anything else currently in the market today, MV1 wins. That's at least my opinion currently until some new space age shit comes out again. Argument over session vape now I'm deeming a little invalid. You can session vape this thing no problem, back to back crucibles.
    Unless you have a few heads, the MV1 is fine.
  • DukeNukers
    Thanks for the fast responses everyone. SirCrackKillaH, after reading your posts you've definitely given me something to think about. Thanks again for your opinion! Definitely going to research the MV1 a lot more.
  • Magicman
    The new crafty is much improved. Buy directly from Storz and Bickle to ensure the lastest up to date device and firmware. If it ever breaks, use Sticky Brick Jr., or your favorite #2 for a few days until an even more updated one arrives.
    jaeawanxsg9nztb5.jpg
  • Big Red
    you cant go wrong with a Dynavap.
  • Baron23
    I can see my firefly lasting 5-7 years easySirCrackKillaH

LOL That's cause a lot of them are being used as paperweights. ;) (Y) X-)

@DukeNukers - my impression from haunting boards is that the Crafty teething problems are resolved and I don't hear a lot of bitching about them anymore. I have a Mighty and am very happy with it, have owned it about a year, and its still working perfectly.

One thing to keep in mind is we all use and treat our vapes differently and where someone may be very hard on equipment may find a vape to not last too long, another person who vapes solo and at home and is very careful with their kit may find the same vape to be reliable as a rock. I have no idea where on this spectrum you may fall.

So, can't say anything about Crafty reliability, but I have found its big brother to very reliable and I'm very happy with the purchase.
  • Baron23
    Does the MV1 have any issues like the Crafty doesDukeNukers

Since we are talking about long term battery reliability with the Crafty (as I don't know of any other endemic problems), its not possible to say anything at all about the MV-1 because its a very recent release.
  • DukeNukers
    @Baron23 thanks for the insight. You are right that everyone treats their vapes with different levels of care so it is worth keeping in mind. I suppose another thing I should keep in mind is storz & bickle have what appears to be stellar customer service as well. And the crafty, aside from possible battery problems, is still tried and true and there is a reason so many people love it. Thanks for your input!
  • Baron23
    My pleasure.

I can add this...I have an MV-1, mine works pretty dang good, I like it a lot, and I'm glad I bought it.

But I'm not selling my Mighty.
  • DukeNukers
    @Baron23 if you had to decide on a favorite are you able to? Or do you love em both too much?
  • Baron23
    At THIS point in time only, if I had to chose only one then it would be the Mighty.

I say that because the MV-1 is still basically in beta testing and if I had to only chose one, that implies that I would not have other back up vapes.

In my case, I have a number of vapes to fall back on and, in the case of the MV-1, I was willing to be a very early adopter....not something I do often.

It also depends on how you vape...your goals and objectives. When I first started vaping (have been using MJ for 50 years but only vaping for about 3 years) I wanted something that worked like a pipe. I could take a hit, cover it up, and come back later for another hit. At that time, many/most vapes were conduction (easy on me about the 'many/most'...I know this is debatable) and I wanted something more flexible. So, I was super interested in the FF2 for that reason, for example (and I do NOT recommend that device personally).

Well, now its a few years down the road and I find I don't often just take a hit and set it down. After 50 years of MJ consumption I'm a medical patient and vape for pain and sedation, mostly just prior to bedtime. I have a session and go to bed. Love it and the Mighty is very good for that.

I do use my MV-1 for taking a hit here or there but mostly I session with it also. Hits hard for the amount of herb in there.

I think the MV-1 will be a real winner, I like mine, but its far from mature on this date (as in NOW) and if someone where looking to get their first and only high end portable today, I would suggest the Mighty.

Oh, I also keep a real close eye on my tolerance and try to keep it down. I often will use a slightly smaller load in the Mighty (.15 - .17 g...around like that) with a liquid pad on top and it works wonderfully that way.

Good luck.
  • DukeNukers
    @Baron23 than you so much for your responses! You've been very helpful and have given me some things to definitely consider. I greatly appreciate your input.
  • Bruce
    I spoke to tech service at S and B, they said the battery is 20% better, fewer warranty claims, and 20% more vapor production. Just makes sure if you decide to buy that you ask if its the 2017 version.

With that said, I was expecting more features (from the Crafty) like the Ghost MV1, IQ, Arizer Solo 2 and the Arizer Air 2.

Good luck, you have a nice variety of choices that are cutting edge. (Go with the MV1)
  • DukeNukers
    @Bruce thanks for your input. It's such a hard choice! These last few years vapes have definitely improved by light years. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
  • frandemarco
    Actually the new crafty doesnt seem like an bad idea the only gripe was really battery life in my opinion. If you dont wear tight pants mighty is pocketable but crafty is almost unnoticeable. Only one close in the IQ maybe but the cleaning sucks and not quite as easy as the craft. Ive have my crafty 2 years no Issues but i dont wreck it either since my evo takes most of the load at home. I really dont know why MV1 is even in this discussion to compare between the two i still would use the crafty/ mighty more and plus silicone right by the air path is a big no no for me.
  • Slowdraw
    I'm on my third Crafty. The vapor quality is very good and it's super easy to load. The battery life is terrible and mine have lasted about 8-9 months before I have to send it in. Now that I have an MV1 I notice that the vapor is cooler than my Crafty but I don't consider it portable. MY IQ has also been in the shop once and is going back in for the same repair as I write this. I find it to run hot and it's difficult to keep clean. The Mighty is great but doesn't beat the MV1. Have you considered the Firefly 2? I love mine- superb vapor quality, easy cleaning, efficient.
  • DukeNukersAccepted Answer
    Hey everyone, just an update to close the thread. I ended up buying the 2017 crafty with new battery improvements. It seemed like the best choice. Really can't go wrong with S&B. I want to thank everyone for their input and opinions. You guys and gals really gave me some solid personal viewpoints, so thanks!
  • frandemarco
    No problem i knew it wouldnt let u down
  • Bruce
    Its like asking someone, what is the best phone? you say iPhoneX ... the other person says I got iPhone 5, it really works good, but the iPhone X is the NOW most to date. Which means that your going to be enjoying something Is New. I take new all the time. The Crafty is the iPhone 5 (Awesome) and the Ghost MV1 is 2017 technology.

The Crafty is Awesome, if you choose it, make sure to check if you are getting the 2017 update. The ones with 2017 have white color in the middle, the non 2017 Crafty has blue and orange. Asking is your best bet.
  • Bruce
    Tech Service at S and B, wrote me twice upon asking about the new 2017 update for thre Crafty and Mighty. The new editions have addressed the issues in regard to the high percentage of defective units. Plus, 20% better battery life and better air flow. I believe them!

I am selling my Mighty because I am not really using it. I use the MV1, GH, IQ or Arizer Air. Only so days in a week.

Peace, Love and Vape
  • frandemarco
    Speaking of GH have u ever puff it like hitting a joint. Man the results are great. I used to take those long draws but now i sip and the crafty hardly ever comes out on journeys with me only because of the longer time it takes to heat up. At home i use my EVO plemty and pretty soon epic for at home i barely have time for the mighty anymore
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment