• Baron23
    I too do not care to use my EVO for ‘trates. Cheaper and better alts for ‘trates, IMO.

But, it’s a GREAT flower vape.

I’m not a whip person, but I love it w the turbine HT.

If trying to keep the cost down, just get the EVO, ELBs, and an HT. If you like, PM me and I’ll send you a new EVO nail to try but I don’t even like to think about hunting up this great flower vape w trates reclaim.

As for ELB costs, I’m still using the same two after a couple/few years. Little ISO bath and they look like new (actually, I think I retired one and am using # 2 & 3 but still last a long time).

I run mine at about 1-1:30 on dial but I do like strong hits.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    hey , thanks for the reply! I am not a whip person either. I had a scooby doo hookah when i was a kid, so i might figure out some diy kinda dealio for the nostalgia.

I just grabbed one used! It comes with a turbine, mini hyrabomb, a deck, a bowl loader, 3 bowls, nails and a pelican case! :starstruck:

I really appreciate your offer though, thank you! :cheer:

Ill post some pics of the loot in a bit just on my way back home, gotta stop at a lounge or something first though :halo:
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    any chance that scooby hookah was ceramic with a big ass magnetic bowl? I totally had one of those, i forgot about it till just now. The magnets got so gunked up they stuck together and eventualy came off the ceramic head lol. I mostly remember fighting everybody to try and get a hit. Lol
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i cant remember if it was magnetic but it was cermaic for sure, looked like scooby had dreads lol!

Oh god the fighting, so frustrating i had one buddy who would suck the air out of your lungs. Your doing it wrong bud! I hated that.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    lol yup rasta scooby for sure... You really did need to take turns most times. Lol
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i kinda wish i still had it just for a vase or some shit.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    that would be sweet. I have no idea what happened to mine
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    me either, i think i gave it away, but i really dont know anything could have happened to it :joke:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    This thing is great! Im really liking it!! alao57h8vw5032qk.jpg
    a8je91oyof0pkcfg.jpg
    @John Cocktostone
    @bum karacho
  • MothChewMoth
    nice setup! Here's my setup for the day :nerd:

qhdcq9d93ctfuxkj.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    nice man! Shout out to the guy that sold it to me too. He kept this thing mint!
  • Baron23
    Outstanding!! Use it in good health for many years (my grandma used to say that all of the time after she gave me socks or something like that for my birthday! haha).

Great set up!! Happy for you and I look forward to hearing how you like your new to you EVO.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    thats a great quote and way more applicable here, unless were talking compression socks :nerd:
    My great grandmother got all of the granchildren honey roasted nuts and winter hats for christmas one year, we were all lined up and she goes "okay boys, put on your hats and hold up your nuts so grandma can get a picture of you" best photo ever :rofl:

So far i am impressed with the evo, before vaping a was a huge bong boy, so when i found it for a good deal it was a no brainer :snicker:

Ive run some flower, hash and live resin thru it, i have been happy with the results from everything so far.
    For dabbing it is definitely not the most flavourful, im okay with that though what it lacks in flavour (i might try the dry pipe attachment) it makes up in convenience for myself anyway.
    This is by far the tastiest way i have consumed hashish!
    When using flower, i am extremely happy with the taste on the first hit and then the power of the extraction there after.

I love having two different hydratubes, not something i would ever splurge on, sometime in the far future i may get a recycler one off of the gate.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    f2qd1aol2vxq07fx.jpg
    I didnt think i liked the green cover till meow.
  • Baron23
    , we were all lined up and she goes "okay boys, put on your hats and hold up your nuts so grandma can get a picture of you" best photo ever :rofl:Tyedyesamuraiguy

Now that is too damn funny!! hahaha
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    qrt9kuam98psh0jh.jpg
    I found an Evo on reddit the other day and VAS once again got the better of me. It just got here about an hour ago. It's a bit smaller than I expected it would be, and thats a good thing IMO. I've only run 2 ELBs so far, but I have been very happy with the results. Nice tasty, lungbuster clouds, with ease. The first rip I took was pretty awesome! Super tastey, and HUGE! I'm stoked that I picked this one up. It's definitely a keeper!
  • John Cocktostone
    using mine this evening as well. If you're a whip guy, get the Lynx adapter. It cools the vapor before it hits the whip.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    never benn a huge whip guy, but someday perhaps.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I am really loving this vape. There is no draw restriction at all, and that first rip is sooooo tasty. Mine came with 6 ELB, which is super handy, since theres only a couple hits per elb. I just load them all and pop one in as needed. It just so simple, I love it!!!
  • Baron23
    it’s a GREAT vape.

VXH has ELB back in stock for those that were looking for some.
  • Karec
    Southie check my fav set
    a6pkcugrs9gfbg2s.jpeg
    I like this setup since i can see the amount of vapor produced and inhaled :up: i always found using the whip a great choice for the EVO i also have the Lynx, never got those Big glass rigs
    My N1 vape, versatile, powerful, easy to use great!!!
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    it did come with a whip attachment. I will have to try it through other rigs, but I am quite enjoying the honeycomb hydrotube so far. It is a little hard to see how big a rip your getting, but I just rip it as hard as I can for as long as i can. I haven't yet been dissapoited ripping it this way. I'm sure I'll try the Lynx out eventually, but for now I am extremely pleased as is. I wish I would have grabbed on of these a long time ago.
  • Pud
    how "top heavy" is this? I was going to buy one of these but then the salesman told me he kept knocking his over because of the top heaviness. So he talked me out of it and I didn't buy anything... never went back either... lol but I never got to hold it
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    i dont find it to bad, but i do take the rig off the top when not in use. It came with a lil stand for it so I dont forsee it being an issue. I wouldn't want to leave it on top of the vape unattended though, my cats would definitely knock it over then.
  • Dr green thumb

Best to take the glass off as the heat will weaken and crack the joint.

I find the whip is quite handy as you can use your favorite rig and still get huge clouds.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    that makes sense. I take it off anyway because i know I'm clumsy, but i can totally see your point. I'll have to try it through a different rig on the next round... Which is probably coming pretty soon.
  • Bad Dog
    5fgrqycia5l0jj5n.jpeg

Test driving a Evo today :smile: it’s so much lighter than I expected. Found the elb to be a little fiddely to load, scoop then poke with tool repeat. Found it similar to my Ditanium because of its slow to produce vapour performance, but when it does it pretty thick but not as thick as my Weedeater again I found it similar to the Ditanium. When I emptied the elb I found it to be very dark which surprised me because of the kind of clouds I got.

0qlnb0vys23bahkp.jpeg

All in all it’s a pretty good vape and I’ll be playing with it all day today to get a better feel for it. Any pro tips for a newbie ?
  • BawlmerMerlin
    Beg, borrow or steal a hydrotube to really get the full experience. Maybe turn down dial slightly, but not much. I use an old NewVape aluminum Pax scoop to load ELBs, works great.
  • Baron23
    a little fiddely to load, scoop then poke with tool repeat.Bad Dog

If you buy an EVO, then buy this from NV. It fits into the ELB perfectly and there is no fiddling around

2744-6_1_1024x1024at2xdotjpg?v=1582578439" alt="?v=1582578439" class="bbcode_img" />

2774-3_1024x1024at2xdotjpg?v=1582578528" alt="?v=1582578528" class="bbcode_img" />

As for clouds, wow...I get huge clouds from mine, usually on the first draw but that depends to and extent on its moisture level.

I run from 1:15 to 2 on the dial.

Now, just because it turns green and says its up to temp, that doesn't mean this is the end of story. Like most desktop power hitters, the long it is on and the longer it heat soaks, the better the performance.

The EVO has an auto-shut off timer (half hours, maybe). I just flick the switch off then back on when I occasionally think about it. Once its been running a while, I found I get as thick of vapor as from any device.

The rec for a hydratube is indeed a good one....you can really honk on an EVO with an HT.

Cheers and have fun experimenting.
  • Bad Dog
    this is as close as I can currently get
    3mlsmhnbx6suga6b.jpeg

It’s better than the whip. After a few more roasty bowls I’ve got it dialed to a smidge passed noon and duh discovered it likes stirring lol
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment