• VapeCritic
    Just posted my brief review of the X MAX Starry portable vape from POTV, it's pretty cheap at $120 but it's a very nice package for that price. Any of you guys have this one?

My POTV referral link: https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/x-max-starry-vaporizer?rfsn=273269.ac4813
  • Bruce
    You got the funky music back!
  • RizVapeman
    Good review like usual Bud. Does it get too hot during the session to hold ?
  • Karec
    yeah my question is the same, Vapefiend is selling a unit exactly like this for some 3 months (their review is from june...) they sell it like their new improved model and now this company is selling the same unit with a different name... besides that this is a really good 1st vape unit, i already tried the Spirit and i had 2 friends buy it, they didn't want spend a lot of money, and they are really happy with this or that unit LOL. For a 1st vape is really nice!!!
    Cheers
  • Dazza78
    @Karec the spirit is better spec and higher end and a better deal ;)
  • Karec
    Really?! they look exactly the same i didnt crosscheck the specs.... i tried the Spirit and big up for that unit!!!! Cheers Dazza78
  • Dazza78
    @KarecI’ve spoken to my guy at vapefiend and we went through all the differences and I’d def go with their spirit version of this vape
  • Karec
    Cheers thx mate can you check thru your Vapefiend Friend when the Hydra and the Lynx whip kit are available for the EVO, its the only thing i miss with the EVO is that water filtration, the glassware for the Evo is way to expensive...
    Not planning to advice that ripoff unit, but i made 2 friends get the spirit and really nice for a 1st vape,
    Cheers
    k
  • VapeCritic
    Yes X MAX (Topgreen) is the actual manufacturer of it and the Spirit one is a rebrand, should be basically the same thing. I'm aware it's not new I just haven't reviewed it.
  • Dazza78
    Ok so just to clear up I’ve me chatting with my guy at vapefiend and this is the skinny on the differencesn05zqqs8gqlpquon.jpeg
    gwz7n842248s9xl7.jpeg
    qlqeeeyq2ibkj4fs.jpeg
  • DaveinSM
    nice review. It looks like a cross between Arizer and Boundless vape parts.
  • shani
    I got two questions:

1. How does it compare to the PAX 2 (or 3)?
    2. Since it wasn't mentioned in the video: how do you clean it, how is maintenance in general?
    I can imagine the screen getting dirty really quickly. Also: how do you clean the vapor path?
  • Logan
    How would you say vaping concentrates with this vaporizer is?
  • StuddlyBud
    Wow look at those clouds and how easily they came...plentiful. I think that's a good deal tbh for this vape, for those looking for clouds, average taste, and reliability. I think I would try as a backup vape...perfect price and performance for that. Wish it did concentrates tho, nice to have more options like this vape. I wonder how the Tera will compete with this one, the one up already is the the ability to vape concentrates.

I saw on @Dazza78 Spirit one and it does concentrates, so I guess the Starry does too; this will be interesting.
  • thatasianjohnny
    Can you do a comparison of the Starry to the Spirit? I'd love to see how they compare and also the different concentrate pads that come with the Spirit!
  • Karec
    mate u have the differences listed by @Dazza78 above...so regarding the performance i think the 2 (dry herbs), 5 (concentrates) and 6 (resin) can make a difference when u use it, the others can limit your use
    1- starry worse battery life so fewer sessions, so is just buying a new and better battery since its replaceable...
    3-package not really important
    4-warranty more 6 months for the Spirit but both of them have really small warranty life...(6months is laughable...)
    7- Stylish...not really important...in my opinion performance beats style....

So unless u find someone than can make a side by side review its not going to be easy, Spirit sells in the EU, Starry sells in the US... so basically they (vapefiend EU) took the starry and made some changes to make it better, so i think without a side by side review that the Spirit is a better choice than the Starry.... hope i helped and correct me if i wrong, i tried the Spirit and its rocks really nice device for the price (i advise 3 friends who bought it and they are really satisfied), never tried the Starry cheers

P.s. if you go for the Starry is almost mandatory to get the concentrates pads (that can work like a reducer) and the resin capsule (Spirit capsule is better judging by what Dazza mentioned above...) unless u only use it with dry herbs....
  • Ricky
    I think that you need to try a vape before reviewing it , if you don't it's speculation and not a real impression , I had a regular starry , it was ikay , I switched it for a POTV STARRY , it's MUCH better . The spirit may have a better battery life , but it's got replaceable batteries , so that really doesn't matter , there isn't really any difference . Healthy rips makes the fury , it's the same as the quanta without the wood finish . I have not tried either . I am In no position to review them , I just read the website info . I think you should try something before acting like an expert .
  • Karec
    Would be great to have a place were u could go and try each one of the vapes u consider to buy... but at least where i live u dont so other users comments and experiences from different users are useful. Spirit and Starry are more alike than different... but they have their differences...
    you're welcome @thatasianjohnny
    cheers
  • Baron23
    I think that you need to try a vape before reviewing itRicky

I don't necessarily agree. While owning it and using it gives the most informed response, and certainly subjective aspects such as vapor quality and smoothness can only be addressed by direct experience, engineering review by analysis is a very well known and time honored technique and can yield some very valid observations on tech used, materials used, etc.
  • Ricky
    Granted
    But you can't discuss performance if you have not seen its performance.
  • dineshj
    The mouthpiece filter sucks on this thing. I got rid of it and put in a regular sized screen.
    Now it works like a champ and needs a lot less cleaning! I get huge tasty clouds at 395f with perfect airflow!
    y010gefbbo86sm6a.jpg
  • Karec
    u just replaced the filter unit with a mesh? no cuts on the rubber? ant its a lot better to clean? i have to give this info to some friends who got this unit, now im curious to see the differences in performance
    Cheers mate thx for the info, happy holidays
  • dineshj
    Yeah man,no fuss no muss. I've done a ton of sessions with no problems at all! You'll get a few kernels on the screen after each sesh that brush off easily.
    Just a regular sized screen.
    zhcf85qs3nk8ylpd.jpg
  • Bskyy2
    Hey Bud. Ive got the wulf vape sx with ceramic chamber .. i see one in your case.. i dont like the battery on he wulf, so will not be getting another. How does this compare ... judging by your review this one is far better? Thanks

mod added @VapeCritic
  • ntropy
    @Bskyy2 "Wulf" rebrands vaporizers. Did they rebrand the Starry?
  • VapeCritic

Hey sorry for the late reply!

The Starry is light years better (lol) than the Wulf vape, which happens to be in the group of the worst herb vapes I've tested :-x
  • Bskyy2
    Good to know .. my first cape was a mivape , i liked it but it did not last long ... just got the e-nano for my desktop per your review and wow! Is that some amazing flavor ... also going to take your advise and get the firefly2 for a portable.. thanks for the good info
  • Baron23
    just got the E-nano for my desktop per your review and wow! Is that some amazing flavor ... also going to take your advise and get the firefly2 for a portable.. thanks for the good infoBskyy2

I was all excited about you getting an Enano as I love mine and its a stalwart of my medical vaping rotation. Like last night....was hurting pretty good all night and I just left the nano plugged in.

I LOVE to use it with a carb'd adapter like below. Suddenly my little gentle log vape becomes a ripper when put through water like this:

50s5agkwq83uyke3.jpeg

As for the FF2, my only advise is to read far and wide and look for all info before purchasing. That's it.

Cheers
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet