• Cl4ud3
    So I found this recently, the Slug.33 rosin press https://www.instagram.com/slug.33 not a bad price at $59 for those in the USA.

ck98f9mzmnztt24r.jpg

Arrived today but I haven't had a chance to test it yet, waiting for more gas so proper testing will be later this week.
    Quite a neat little thing from what I've seen, not complicated at all.
    Heat up the drum for between one minute and one minute thirty with a torch and squish rosin.

xeiryzju2ieiti0e.jpg
    tyqjln24g0xx6f63.jpg
  • koepen
    really interesting, can‘t wait to learn more about it!
  • Temple ov truth
    looks simple and easy to use temple ov truth rave on.
  • Cl4ud3
    I had a chance to play with this for a week now, not had a load of squishes because it does use more meds than I would normally. I enjoyed using it a lot, not sure why but the prep and method appeal to me like butane vapes do.
    I've had a couple of mistakes but that is part of the process, lost a gram to the cooking AVB jar (won't get wasted but won't get used soon) and every squish gets better. It also shows quality in = quality out,so some flower isn't as good as others.

Using a disc as a back plate is ok but I will get a better larger plate.2iyam8k9y60x1a40.jpg

and this was my third squish
    14svu2fq3lw64ttk.jpg

It's definitely something you go into knowing that you will need to learn the variables until you get it perfect, almost like some vapes there is a technique. I will continue to play with it :)
  • Rockytdogg
    Awesome! And yet another thing to delve into after next grow season...!

Rosin can be pure nectar!
  • akabernie
    I have been watching several videos on this product and had a question. I send the mfg a message the other day but they haven't gotten back to me yet. The question is would a temperature gun help in the creation process?
  • Cl4ud3
    This was a quote by NBD taken from another forum :-

HEAT GUN? Great idea. We have tried it. it works. it just takes a LONG TIME. SO long in fact we knew right away this was not going to be ideal. GAS IS FAST!
  • akabernie
    Sorry I think I may have mispoke. I should perhaps said an infrared thermometer that reads the temperature of a heated object. This might help in not overheating the rosin.
  • Cl4ud3
    I'm sure I read that it was hard to measure like that due to being stainless steel. They did apparently test with a dark version and that is where the 1 min heat guide came from. Not sure if you could use something like a BBQ thermometer as a rough guide or do something to make it easier to measure.
  • The beav
    Any updates on this thing
  • Cl4ud3
    I've not had much chance to use it recently but it does work if you're prepared to take some losses until you get the technique down. I can't compare it to hair straighteners so not sure I can add much to what's already in the youtube videos.

If you're only doing small amounts, and don't mind waiting for cooldown between uses then it's a nice device. If you plan on squishing a lot then I do think the bigger automatic presses take the variables out and might be easier to use.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • The beav
    Ok thanks I've talked to the guy who makes them and he says it's all in your material and you can always low temp as low as u want to go some people use too big of a flame I dunno he seems to swear by the calibration. Also not to be rude at all so please bare with me but rosin color isn't always the way to tell quality. Beard bros even say that about their shatter. Darker sometimes means the trichomes were more degredated and also comes down to curing. Yield has to do with quality of material as well. He claims it'll pump out whatever your flower has. I dunno just the answers he gave me and what I've seen. It basically seems to come down to material quality. I've had fire rosin that was a little darker than others. He also gets some really golden light colored in a couple YouTube vids. I'm gonna grab one and let you know my success. Thank you for the input though. Very informative.
  • katdaddy

Well, someone needs to pick this up and tell us ALL about it from their experience!
    So, who's the guinea pig going to be? lol

Katdaddy
  • The beav
    I will the guys a cool dude. Seems like a good thing to work with. This is also just the first wave of em. He's developing better things as he goes. I'll update I'm gonna order hopefully Friday. Thanks guys.
  • Cl4ud3
    He's done a few versions now if you look on Instagram, the big ones look mad. https://www.instagram.com/p/BekYPFblQsz/?taken-by=slug.33
  • The beav
    Gee wiz yeah the big one is too much. I like the small idea of being able to press a g or an eighth at a time. To me the whole process seems ritualistic and therapeutic wich is what I love most about it. If I can get some potent fire ass flower I'd like to press a g to see the return and quality plus you have full manual control. But the big boy looks to be waay too much for me.
  • katdaddy

If it works well, pressing a g to get some medicine rosin would be very interesting for me.....
  • Deleted User
  • AVENTUS
    Yeah this tech is ok for beginners in states with bad laws. Extract will be "dirty" with unwanted plant waxes, lipids, and other superfluous substances.

I'd replace path parts often, to keep molecular metal pollution to a minimum, if using long term.

Or just find good extract with single digit PPM solvent purity.

Reddi Whip is like 15-20 PPM solvent/propellant. Top shelf extracts should be under 5ppm.
  • Deleted User
  • Bud

when I tried a press at 170f a few months ago it looked like that, is that the secret?? :sweat:
  • Deleted User
  • Bud
    So far with my largest squish being 7g and my smallest being ~2g I am liking the 2g or 3g squishes and coming out with ~.5g of rosin at a time, it's a cool ritual to do it every few days :cool:
  • Bud
    The press I'm using is way overkill for this small amount but that's another story :sweat:
  • Baron23
    Our press is overkill...OUR PRESS!! (jk LOL)

I have every other weekend for supervised visits. hahaha
  • Natty
    @Gman "always going to be bad color" no offense, but it's obvious you have no idea what your talking about. A simple look at my instagram pics says it all. peace.

Mod note: fixed tag for Gman. Also, please be careful. Saying "no offense" does not cover for saying anything offensive so please remember to keep it friendly and not personal. Thanks
  • Deleted User
  • Natty
    You dont have a clue homie. like I said, you obviously have not seen my videos. Or my instagram pictures. If you have, and your still talking trash?? then your just a hater. We have almost 1,000 customers all over the world in 15 different countries and only 1 return. That shit speaks for itself. Keep the bullshit to yourself. peace.

Mod note: I don't know anything about your product, but it seems clear that you seem to have problem taking in politely worded direction, as in the mod note in your post above. Let me make it more clear; "talking trash", calling people "haters", and calling people's views of your product "bullshit" does not conform to rules or our general desire for polite discussions. You are entitled to a difference of opinion from other members, you are not entitled to tell them they are not entitled to their opinion.

Here are the rules: https://forum.vapelife.com/page/rules

Follow them or please post elsewhere.

@VapeCritic @Cl4ud3

• artv4nd3l4y

I think that's impressive to bring a rosin pressing option that doesn't involve a hair straightener for under $100 to the market. This will give a lot of users from non-legal states an option to make small amounts without a significant investment. In that regard, I'm not sure how it would be fair to complain about a darker color. Surely a $3000 rosin press may give better results, shit I would expect it...
  • Deleted User
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to Vape Life Forum!