• bener

I am very interested in knowing more about this, please!

I have a couple of torch lighters around here that weren't cheap and I'd like to see if I could give them a new lease on life. Can you please tell me more?

Thank you!
  • Philly
    blaze pocket micro torch.
  • Rockytdogg

Hey man, sorry if I’m being a pita and I really hate amazon but will buy directly from a manufacturer storefront thru it with prime so I just want to be sure... it’s BazeR, right? Like this one?:
    Blazer PB207CR The Torch Butane Refillable Lighter, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q4UVR0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8McjAb69668TA
    Or this too:?
    https://www.jbtoolsales.com/blazer-products-189-2076-pb207y-pocket-torch-yellow/
    Maybe post a link if it’s easy?

Thanks in advance!
  • Temple ov truth
    I like that one as well great lighter temple ov truth rave on.
  • bener
    FWIW, I occasionally smoke cigars and have had a few Blazer and other high-priced lighters that have been pretty well taken care of. I have found that the Blazers can be pretty hit or miss in terms of longevity. Same with Promethus. This is with my using premium fuels, too. I've switched over to using Xikar and not too fancy ones for my camping cigar rig.

That Jet Line works as well as a Blazer and if it dies (like two of my $45 friggin dollar ones have) I am not concerned. Mine has worked well for a couple of years. Far longer than my Blazers lasted.

That Xikar is really a thing of beauty in terms of heft, finish, etc. So, I don't usually take it out and about if I am doing work around the property or working on the lawn mower. It's for couches, hammocks, and decks :-).
  • MAbud
    Love my Xikars. Well built and light 99% of 1st try. I haven’t had near the luck with the dual flame I bought from Dynavap
  • Temple ov truth
    clean clean clean all lighters need regular cleaning just like your vap lol temple ov truth rave on
  • bener

How does one do this cleaning, please?

I saw @Aj85, I believe, refer to this also in another thread. He mentioned files too ... I asked but have not gotten a reply yet.
  • Temple ov truth
    I use a small really stiff brush with copper bristles and a small piece of 1000 grade set and dry then a qtip with a bit of iso seems to work for me temple ov truth rave on.
  • bener

Which Dual Flame one did you get?

Mine, the Z Plus 2, is sort of disappointing. I contacted Dynavap about it and they said it was a very reliable one so it's unusual mine was acting up. The issue mine has is that unless the flame adjustment is up almost all the way, the lighter doesn't want to work whenever the tank (which is small) is not 100% full). Weird thing is that I had tried two different high quality fuels in it (Xikar and Colibri) and had this issue. Then I tried the Benzomatic butane I have that I use for a butane soldering iron I have, and with the Benzomatic fuel, the Z Plus 2 works best. It's not great (the flame height sometimes sputters a little), but it works better than with the other, high quality fuels. Who would have thought.

In any case, Dyanvap has shipped me a replacement :-)
  • bener
    small really stiff brush with copper bristles and a small piece of 1000 gradeTemple ov truth

What area(s) do you apply the brush to? The actual 'coils', the aperture for the gas outlet?
  • Temple ov truth
    aperture for gas outlet and any oxidation you see temple ov truth rave on
  • bener

Thank you! I've never done that on any of my lighters.

I figured if I wasn't seeing any spark from an ignitor then there was nothing to be done.
  • MAbud
    @bener it’s the Tron. It’s rare it lights 1st click and even more frustrating is that it often goes out mid flame and use. Drives me nuts when I’ve started heating the cap and the flame drops out. George told me it’s new and he doesn’t have much experience with it...
  • Rockytdogg
    Not to leave the Sticky Brick and other butane folk out in the cold (get it?!), but maybe we should consider a lighter/butane thread if there isn’t one already....?
  • Philly
    thats it. Really loving that torch. Have 6 now and that one is in another class. Sneaky Pete uses it in some of his demos.
  • Aj85
    hey there, sorry took a while to get back to you. I’ve been busy and I’ve just seen the notifications.

It looks like Temple ov truth explained it well enough already.

I might have to look into finding a small copper brush myself. lol

I do the same thing but I have a tiny tiny rat tail file I use, also precision tip cotton buds and 99% ISO.

You could even use a pin or somthing to break down any buildup inside and around the nozzle (whatever you use be careful not to damage any ignition wires) if you don’t have any suitable brushes or files.

Also purging any air from the fuel tank itself, can be an easy and common fix.

In the case that it’s not a blockage in the nozzle caused by buildup, or air in the tank that’s stopping the jetflame working properly, here’s a very basic guide on diagnosis and fixing things like ignition and gas line issues.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fixing-that-jet-lighter-you-love/

It is very basic though and also not written the best, but provides some good information.

Any more questions, just ask.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Temple ov truth
    Jet flame scout ,,,never had any problems with it ,my son took it on three tours sand sun sandstorm and it still going strong now heading to S Sudan for six months temple ov truth rave on.
  • Baron23
    I also used Blazer Pocket Torches like @Rockytdogg linked when I was smoking cigars. And, I also have had them clog but to me this is a function of jet type torches...the jet aperture simply gets clogged. I haven't smoked cigars regularly in years but I still have a Blazer.

I do NOT use that with my VapCaps as I want to distribute heat evenly and not have a hot spot from a single torch lighter....so, I just use cheap multiflame torches like George sells on his Dyna site. They clog too but for $10 its not a big hit.

Some do like single flame lighters....it does take longer and you need to be careful to not just heat a single area of the cap, IMO.

Not sure if I posted this before or not...this is a custom VC with great work by Phattpiggie (UK guy, hangs at FC and Vapor Asylum). Its beautiful and functions great.

kbqwr9t5gjilncs9.jpg

Cheers
  • bener

Thank you so very much for all the information!
    That’s very kind of you (Y)
  • Rockytdogg
    To all who helped or care these are the lighters/torches etc I went with...:

Fancy (Ha!):
    Vertigo by Lotus - Bullet
    Cheapo:
    GStar® Torchzilla Palm Size Dual Flame Torch
    Crazy...?:
    Vertigo by Lotus - Intimidator
    Fuel:
    Colibri Premium Butane Large Can - 300 ML 3-Pack

Thanks for all the awesome input! I really appreciate it!
  • Philly
    I find that single torch flame on a dynavap leads to better flavor. I got a four flame.torch from dynavap that works great and heats up maybe 5 sec quicker but the flavor is not there. I am still new to.dynavap but I think the technique sneaky Pete uses is right on. Do a few small taste puffs then go for the huge cloud to finish.

The blazer is hands down the best with my sticky brick.
  • Baron23
    X-)

We are indeed many and varied. Glad you are loving your VC.
  • Rockytdogg
    Cool. I think they let me cancel my “crazy” choice above... got a little carried away there I guess but the thing does look pretty nice for the money... just too big and heavy and powerful for the vapcap... not needed...
  • bener

That "fancy" one you chose is a LOT like the one that Dynavap carries called the "Tron" I believe. Yours got a cigar punch too, however, so you can be vaping and bluntin' ... oh, I guess folks that smoke blunts probably aren't using cigar cutters or punches, are they??? :-}
  • Rockytdogg

Yeah, their “tron” is quite a bit different. I like the way the cover opens on the one I got better, among other visual aesthetics... the cigar punch... seems like a lot of decent ones have them tho I don’t need it... never smoked a blunt in my life... not even one drag. Sure, we rolled huge joints when I was a kid with tracing paper and what have you... ever use the Big Bambu paper that came in the Cheech & Chong album? We did... and more than once!
    4voy2bxuxi0dvmql.jpeg
    2fo0jo4ddt60jjdx.jpeg
  • bener

Hey, I remember when those albumns and movies first came out -- and YES, I have used mega-sized papers as well as, at times, we'd glue together many, many papers to make a doober like the young woman has in the picture .... ahhh, the good ol' pre-vape daze ...
  • Temple ov truth
    Mrs T still has hers and the LP in fine condition ,I am not allowed to look or touch ,,,,,,,I think she does not trust me lol temple ov truth rave on.
  • Rockytdogg

Yes sir... To be young and hott...!

Now I have to settle for only the latter...
  • bener

But you can still be young at heart!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube