• Baron23
    :rofl: :joke: :cool:
  • Futurevapors
    Have to say I managed to get 3 good pulls out of my M the other night, faith restored.
  • Rockytdogg
    I christened my SS tip (from Black Friday) in the M and thru a glass stem the other night... what a disappointment... I will most likely be hacking grooves into the top edge to try a improve airflow if my new cap doesn’t have better results (why would it?)...

I’m kind of annoyed about how bad it actually is. It’s absolutely terrible. I had bail on it and reload it into my Ti tip it was so bad.
  • Magicman
    It will take at least 1227 more forum pages before any of us come close to understanding a Dynavap.
  • VapeCritic

You mean you're noticing a big difference between the SS and Ti tip with the new M?

Shit, I actually didn't even try the Ti tip before giving them all away :cry: :lol:
  • Cuckfumbustion
    Bought 2 M17s and an later an OG 1 yr ago. (OG RIP) Now I nearly have one of each type outside a few custom stems. Just waxed the wooden parts of the new stuff that arrived today for the 2nd pic.
    I do think each of the types of tips offer different mass and alter the conduction/convection ratio as well as airpath +/-. SS tips takes more time to heat up and it stores the heat longer. Where Ti heats up and releases it's heat quicker. Then all the variables with heat sources.
    It is a 'Stick shift' vape. :smile:
    0b535YAl.jpg
    9OwdQZfl.jpg?1
  • VapeCritic

Ohh snapp I just had this thread open and this popped up!! Nice!!
  • Cuckfumbustion
    It's all in the timing. :grin: Glad you just caught that.
  • Rockytdogg

No sir, the ‘17 M tip is terrible, imo, after using only a Ti since Black Friday.... I friggin hope they made improvements to the ‘18....!

Just awful.
  • Cuckfumbustion
    No sir, the ‘17 M tip is terrible, imoRockytdogg
    Sorry you not getting on with the M17 @Rockytdogg and good that the Ti is working out.

The M17 has more mass and more restriction than the M18, I found. M17 is good for conduction and cold weather. M18 seems like 'this years' model of the M. FWIW.

Some like the M17 best. You can get a second draw. But as a negative, I tend to combust more by accident during back to back sessions. For the reasons I described earlier.
  • Rockytdogg

Thanks, man... :up:
    But I only care about not being able to pull any air thru it... like almost none. The Ti tip is way less restrictive... where are the grooves cut into the top edge like with the Ti tips...? My cap seals on tight... how is air supposed to get thru...? I never usually complain about draw resistance...
  • Cuckfumbustion
    I never usually complain about draw resistance...Rockytdogg
    It is the narrowest and the edge is fairly square edged. M18 does have a bit of a flange to it Plus the double helix grove as opposed to the narrower single helix of the M17.
    Where the newer Ti tips and the 7fin LE definitely had more work done with them all toghether.
    The M17 being the answer to the OG, doesn't have as much millwork to keep it at it's price point compared to the other designs. Still has it's own function and i use it for special things.
    hopefully the M17 tip will fill a niche for you at some point. Like say concentrates with a hemp wick filter as one example.
  • Rockytdogg
    hopefully the M17 tip will fill a niche for you at some point. Like say concentrates with a hemp wick filter as one example.Cuckfumbustion
    Oh, I’m sure I’ll find a use for it someday and have no plans to ever get rid of it or anything...

I do like where you’re going with this... hmmm, and I did just grab this earlier today...:
    hjw5xqlf4aca6lcs.jpeg
    Thanks!
  • f0Nz
    One question about Omnivaps.

When i spin the mouthpiece to restrict the airflow, will i be able to pull off the mouthpiece afterwards leaving only the condenser inside the stem but still have the desired restricted airflow?
  • MAbud

Big difference. You should only be using TI tip even on your M. If you have an Omni borrow it from there so you can try the difference. Even the ‘18SS version there is a noticeable improvement with the Ti tip
  • LabPong
    But I only care about not being able to pull any air thru it... like almost none. The Ti tip is way less restrictive... where are the grooves cut into the top edge like with the Ti tips...? My cap seals on tight... how is air supposed to get thru...? I never usually complain about draw resistance...Rockytdogg

I just took a draw off the 18M.....nothing in it...but with carb blocked off....has less restriction than the older designed M.

Once you use a Ti tip......hard to go back to the M tips for the big difference in the draw restriction. The Ti tips also offer better flavor potential.
  • metalmancpa
    I just received my Titanium Omnivap XL and used it tonight. Here’s my personal review based on one bowl of herb.

Before I switched to vaporizing many years ago, my go to apparatus was a dugout. It was easy to carry, I liked how to twist and load, and the amount in the bowl was enough a decent herb effect. After trying out several vapes (some bought, some tested with friends), I pulled the trigger on a Crafty and never looked back. I added a Mighty for home and shifted the Crafty for on the go. Using the oil pads is great portion control. Then I came upon the review of Dynavap. I was intrigued by no battery, and this looked like the perfect updated technical bat without the dugout. On 420-day I pulled the trigger. They got hit with sales hard I assume which created the longer shipping time. Dynavap hopes to have their Dynastash XL in stock soon, and they do provide a plastic tube with the order. But I searched and found a Cedar Dynastash XL from the UK and had it shipped to the US, and it came yesterday.

This is the perfect product for me. The Crafty & MIghty are superb, but in truth they are session vapes. They each take a little time to heat up. Their bowls are bigger and you certainly get vaped. But since I didn’t want to combust anymore, the Omnivap just fit me like a glove. I got the 3-flame Vertigo butane, and tonight I gave this technology a whirl.

The weight was the first thing I noticed. It’s really light, and it feels natural in the hand. I like the feel of the Titanium and the chiseled body. Then I took it apart to examine the pieces. I played with the mouthpiece adjusting airflow, figured out on my own that the wing of the cap was the bowl cleaner (ingenious). I had previously watched a few YouTube videos and learned about the metal screen and how the bowl size could be adjusted. I snapped down the screen a couple of notches, which in the end gave me 6 lights before exhausting the bowl. A few pieces were showing black/burnt, but I never tasted anything fowl. The cloud was surprisingly full, even on the first hit where in comparison the Crafty & Mighty generally only 1/2 cloud.

The clicking sound is pretty noticeable, and it’s accompanied by a vibration. I get a double click when ready, as well as the cooling click. You need to hear the cooling click before lighting up again, but it happens within 30 seconds or so from when you shut the torch off. So unless you are extremely impatient, it’s perfectly times and ready to go for the next draw. Unlike the session vapes, it’s so easy and quick to spread the 5-6 hits the Omnivap gives me over time.

This was my first try. I have some playing to do with flame position in order to understand the different variants in temperature you can achieve without any visible help. Now I have my technical dugout system. I feel so 21st century. I really am curious the technology behind the clicking. Will that somehow “break” over time, or is the design of this Titanium marvel impervious to such things.
  • beyond6strings
    @metalmancpa congratulations on your Omni XL. I too got my all Ti Omni XL put together over the 420 sale. I have other vapcaps, an '18 M, a couple of Ti Vongs in different lengths, and an XL Carbon Fiber with a Ti mouthpiece-not an Omni. I love them all, they all suit different purposes, but the Ti Omni XL is my absolute favorite. It is such a fantastic device. I keep all my Ti tips in the smallest chamber setting, and am constantly amazed at what a vapcap can get out of .025g of flower.

Cheers
  • juxt

Yes, there are 2 gaskets on the omni, so long as the interior one is behind the carb hole (toward the mouthpiece) you can remove the mouthpiece and the other gasket and put something else on. If you want to do something in water, I'd suggest just getting the 'big' mouthpiece...it's rubber and fits over the existing mouthpiece and makes the Dyna fit in an 18mm Fem joint. That or a 10mm Fem joint to whatever, the normal omni mouthpiece fits in a 10F joint pretty solid.
  • f0Nz
    @juxt Thanks. I just don't like the mouthpiece. Wish there would be a whole range to choose from like drip tips. Right now i'm using the glass mouthpiece from the arizer whip connecting to the vapcap with a piece of silicone tube.
    But i want to take off the Ti mouthpiece so the condenser is sticking half an inch into the glass tube. Just to make sure the vapor doesn't have to touch the silicone :razz:
    Didn't want to buy without knowing. Too expensive for some testing :wink:
  • metalmancpa
    I too am amazed at how far a little herb goes in this. I set the bowl to a mid-level setting. Haven't found the need to play with the mouthpiece too much. The cooling clicks come so fast I have no idea how impatient one would have to be to heat up before the click to mess things up. Having used it for a bit now, I say without any hesitation that this is an awesome product that takes my old-time favorite dugout system and recreates it in the vape world. I just wonder what the fuel mileage is - I seem to eat through butane like a truck does with gas :grin:
  • beyond6strings
    I've been able to put together a nice little Dynafamily with the $ I've saved on herb, so I think your usage will surprise you. I've moved three of my Ti vapcaps into the mid position and one into the deepest. I ended up doing too many back-to-back sessions in the small setting and I found I get just what I want in one bowl at the mid-setting most of the time. My short Ti Vong hits like a beast so I put that one in the deepest setting.

I also think the overall vapor is better too when it's in either the mid or deep setting.
  • warren0728
    yeah the amount of butane i'm using surprised me ... i'm using the vertigo triple torch that is included in one of the package deals ... but i really do love my vapcap nonavong xls
  • metalmancpa
    That's the one I use too. I have a single flame torch too which takes longer to heat up and I would think at a lower temperature because cloud not as thick. Either one I'm happy with. Just waiting to screw up an combust for the first time.
  • Rockytdogg
    If I know I’m gonna do more than a single quick cap, I’ve taken to using this old plumber’s propane torch:
    p8ge5q1q7uojz099.jpeg
    I just leave it going the whole time on the lowest possible setting... propane’s a lot cheaper than butane. It’s also kinda cool not having to hold a lighter... However, it probably isn’t the safest thing to do... ha.
  • Magicman
    Only the 1st draw is tasty. Harshness increases with each draw. A burning sensation in the back of my throat with the 2nd hit on. It works. It's very tiny. Seems like a lot of the cost of a Dynavap product is tied up in "research and development". The item itself seems overpriced across the entire line for what you hold in your hand, and your lungs.
  • metalmancpa
    I've been adjusting how I hold the flame when heating up. It's made a difference for me where I get 3-4 good draws on the bowl set to medium. When I use my single flame, not as much vapor but a tad tastier. My only "complaint" is the Dynavap is not as stealth as people think, because you have to stand there torching for several seconds, much more noticeable and at least 3x as long as lighting a cigarette.
  • MAbud

You say a lot of insane stuff. But this one might be the most out there...
  • metalmancpa
    Today, the Dynavap Omni XL Titanium truly proved it's worth. I've had it close to a week now, and am impressed with the vapor quality. I've learned how to control the heat, and thus far have not combusted. Good taste. A single-flame butane is useless (tried that) so it's the triple flame for me. Too bad it eats butane quickly.

All of that said, tonight it hit a home run. I just wanted to sit and watch a movie. Went to get the Mighty out, and realized I forgot to charge it as it went dead last night. So I reached for the MV1 and I had not realized I had used up the battery and forgot to charge that also. I could have reached for the Crafty, but no need to. Just grabbed the dugout, took out the Omni XL and torched it up for a good 5-hit session. I knew I had previously filled the bowl but at that time decided not to vape. No battery or plug required. As long as I have butane (which I do for refills) I'm good to go.

It "saved the day" so to speak. I mean the Crafty was there, but not necessary.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment