• Flipz
    For those not aware, you can easily add a Vape Life Forum home screen shortcut if on a iOS device. I only found out recently myself 8-)

This only works in Safari. Go to the forum.vapelife.com homepage. Press the button circled in red shown below:
    iwmoczugbhoq5zys.png

Than press the Add to Home Screen button:
    squ4tn82ro266bpk.png

You can change the name or keep what it says, now just hit Add:
    u5c2bs4ltmi7qabx.png

Now you have a nice and easy way to access the Vape Life Forums! (Y) (Y) (Y)
    2mlfv6p12sq52gg3.jpg

Be easy!
    -Flipz
  • VapeCritic
    Yes!!!!!! (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • Aj85
    thanks man, (Y) I've just brought an IPhone SE today, now ive just done this to it! So thanks for the tip! You're a Legend!

I can't believe I've used an Ipad pretty much everyday for the past 5 yrs and I didn't realise I could do that. lol

I think I could end up with quite a few of these shortcuts on my home screens! Lol :)

Thanks again!

All the best,

Aj.
  • JustinB
    that is very cool. i have been using apple products since the iphone 4 and first ipad. never knew i could do that with websites in general. now i need to just stop making so many :D thanks!
  • Flipz
    Your not alone lol. I've been using iPhone's forever and only came across it a few weeks ago myself :D
  • Robin
    I am on Firefox for Android. I believe it may be a standard (little known?) option. For Firefox users, hold the bar at the top where you input your Web address. It will pop up with the options to copy address, paste it, paste and go, or add to home screen. :) I have done this with a couple sites on my phone.
  • Aj85
    Thanks for the great tip! I did wonder if it could be done on Android!

Take it easy!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Flipz
    Thanks for the great tip. I don't use a Android device myself but half of the world does and I'm sure it'll help many people out! Take care.
  • Flipz
    All credit goes to @Robin for this tip but I just took a few screenshots to visually show how to add a shortcut in Firefox/Chrome for Android devices.

Chrome for Android:

Press the menu button on top and press Add to Home Screen.
    dheq8dd81zafi2xm.png

Enter a name for the shortcut and tap Add. Chrome will add it to your home screen.
    ol4qvuq2k2ykehua.png

The icon will be on your home screen like any other app shortcut so you can move it around and put wherever you want.
    wtk5qd0ocrc38iai.png

Firefox for Android:

Press the menu button on top and tap the Page button from drop down.
    1syv21rdb4iyjbsf.png

Press the Add to Home Screen.
    hx2qxxllvjifwszs.png

Just like the rest, it will put a shortcut on your home screen which you can rename and move around.
    5ijmzu46epa7lvtx.png

Be easy!
    -Flipz
  • Perfectek
    thx for sharing that. i was actually able to use that for a bunch of sites i visit often.
  • highasakite
    Does anyone know how to bookmark a thread (on this site, not in a browser) on an ipad? On a PC, you hover your mouse pointer over the star and click it. On an ipad, there is no star in Safari, Chrome, and Mercury browsers.

haha damn, figured it out as soon as I posted. There's another star at the end of the thread on the left - that one shows up on an ipad.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment