• justjustin
    Absolutely! I totally agree. There are definitely different grades and qualities of plastics but for goodness sakes, vape companies, please use odor free, heat safe and non toxic plastics please and by now, I think they all do, at least the "good" brands or well known brands because they know they will not make it with unsafe materials in their products, we will not stand for that shiz. After all, we all choose to vape not only for the many added advantages but because it is the healthier alternative.

I wonder if BNDLS recommends "burn offs" and I wonder if they will make an appearance and attempt to explain the smells, tastes and reasons why some of these vapes are gassing? I really enjoy my Tera and it tastes pure but that doesn't necessarily mean I am not inhaling harmful fumes...

S&B says right on their site that they only use food-safe, heat resistant materials that are FDA approved. Does that mean they are safe? I have no idea but it sounds safe, especially if they are food grade to begin with and the FDA has approved these materials but what goes into an FDA approval, I have no idea?

Are all vapes required to be FDA approved? I doubt it but they should be. Anyone?

I have faith that BNDLS plastic is safe but it may not be the same quality as S&B...I wish we could get all the specifics about the materials in these vapes to assure the user that they are in fact safe, don't off gas, fume or whatever. I really would hope so anyways, and the Tera has been certified RoHS Compliant as well as some other certifications ( CE ) but I think the RoHS just applies to the electronic parts and they must use non hazardous materials, non leaded solder etc but that may not apply to the other parts, ie the Mouthpieces, Silicone etc. I think future vapes need to go through rigorous inspections and must be certified safe and free of dangerous materials!

Can anyone describe the CE Certification and how it applies to vapes? I don't think it has to do with using safe materials but something else???

katdaddy,
    I really hope you get a chance to try a working Tera! Yeah, Volcano has an aluminum heating block with a Ceramic Cartridge I believe? I don't claim to know anything about chemistry and I wish I did because I would like to know more about this stuff and what happens to these materials when they are heated, if they create gasses or fumes or by products etc. We shouldn't have to research this stuff, these companies need to provide proof that their products are safe but I'm sure they aren't required. If I had a vape company, I would want only the best materials and I would want to show the consumer that
  • GhostMV1User
    Yeah, I heard from Eric too.
    I'm completely fine waiting for a replacement. I've wanted something like the Tera for awhile, so I'll wait for a good unit to get to me. Boundless is really good with customer support, so I'll just wait for that to kick in. Only bad thing is they really don't have a time frame yet and it might be awhile before they do.

Oh well, patience is always something I need to work on, this will be good practice. :)
  • katdaddy

Yeah, I’m ok with them correcting also, and yes, the big suck is not knowing when we’ll get to try a replacement.
    On the bright side, I didn’t really expect to have it until after the Chinese New Year anyways.
    First world issues, lol. I’ll use my vapcap for now. Big deal, lol. I’m sure we’ll survive the wait
  • Kuzko
    I just shipped mine back to puffitup for a replacement. Not sure what my options are if the next one is bad too.
  • justjustin
    Uh just saw a pic of a new BNDLS vaporizer from the Champs Trade Show....Its called the Uno and is a successor to the CFV but with a better price tag than the Tera...Anyone know anything about this?

BNDLS UNO Vaporizer
  • katdaddy

Interesting I guess, but I want the Tera, not a CFV 2. Thanks for the pics, I knew they were at Champs but hadn’t seen any info or pics.

They’ll work the tera out. I have faith.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Boundless.. hmm... lemme check this
  • justjustin
    I got 9 sessions @350t for 5minutes / until auto shut-off with the Tera. That's pretty respectable, given its a powerhouse and heats up fast. I'm trying my vivant alternates batts. Now to see if there's any differance. Is anyone else using the Tera or is everyone experiencing the smells?
  • justjustin
    you at champs? I bet your gonna figure out the Uno and post some pics!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Shit I forgot, I just stepped outside for a minute
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I found haze people Man, I thought they weren’t here
  • SirCrackKillaH
    That dude from the video is here
  • Alegre
    We have our very own reporter at Champs! How cool is that!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Packed up by the time I got to them yo, place closed at 6:30pm after extending it from 5. Imma check em’ tomorrow
  • SirCrackKillaH
    One more day of champs, imma post up more pics yo in a few. Running outta battery
  • cottoalvapore
    For those who are waiting the tera, try to not start with the maximum temp, maybe the heater and coil needs and adaptive time, and starts at 500f could shock all
  • LabPong
    ↪GhostMV1User

I got a response from Eric last night to my email.
    Said he’d gladly replace it when they got new units delivered or refund if I want.
    I’m not giving up on the Tera though. I want a replacement, I still think this will be a great vape once a few things get worked out.
    They have always treated me well and I’m ready to give them a shot on this. Sure, stinks that I’m not using the Tera NOW, but really, big deal.
    They’ll make it right.
    ✌️
    Katdaddy
    katdaddy

Honestly....I do not know what to do.....do I send it back to PIU and get a refund...or if I accept a replacement....I will have the same problem seems.

Or do I return back to Boundless directly and wait for a 2nd run replacement?

No freaking way I am going to use this thing....Others seem to be pretty damn brave to actually let it touch their mouths.....I could not the nasty chemical smells are enough to gag a maggot off a trash can lid. :vomit:
  • LabPong
    Uh just saw a pic of a new BNDLS vaporizer from the Champs Trade Show....Its called the Uno and is a successor to the CFV but with a better price tag than the Tera...Anyone know anything about this?

BNDLS UNO Vaporizer
    justjustin

The instigram statement : "The UNO is the successor of the CFV, with loads of improvements and better features. It’s a convection vape just like the Boundless Tera, but with a more friendly price tag.
    We can’t wait for the UNO to be released!"

I would be scared to have a "more friendly" price tagged version of the Tera....I would like a more expensive Tera with non toxic parts though!
  • GhostMV1User
    Personally, I'd deal directly with Boundless, if you want to continue to use them. I bought from them so I have no choice, but I'd think you will get the best service from them, since they have more at stake than a re-seller.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people use this also. Some even put weed in when it still was producing a bad smell, then the smell 'magically' went away and they started vaping. Kind of shocked at that.
  • Cl4ud3
    Lifted directly from FC/Reddit:-

It appears that the multiple reports of intense off-gassing and unpleasant smells coming from first production Tera units has become an issue that needs a resolution. We are asking that if you received a unit with these issues, refrain from using the device and email . We will be asking for those units to be shipped back to us and will undergo further inspection. Boundless will do our best to get a resolution going for the customers who are experiencing reports of continuous off-gassing. Please email to begin discussion on possible short-term solutions.

We will be offering a replacement to those customers once it has been determined what the root problems are and once those issues have been fixed internally. Also, we are in contact with our manufacturer to get a better understanding of what is going on. Updates will be shared as I am updated.

Boundless Technology values all our customers and our team is aware that these are indeed serious issues. I would like to sincerely apologize, as I would have liked to comment on this situation earlier. Unfortunately, we have been exhibiting at a trade show which has delayed my response. A mass email will be sent to all pre-order customers regarding this situation with the Tera units. Please email me with any questions.
  • Baron23
    just the message they needed to send. Good on them
  • GhostMV1User
    Agreed, good they are getting on this. Bad timing to happen during a big show in Vegas.
  • Magicman
    "Also, we are in contact with our manufacturer to get a better understanding of what is going on."

I read these words and scratched my head. Hello! Psst!...I wil let you in on a little secret.

BOUNDLESS IS THE MANUFACTURER! Their name is on the box. Designing something on an iPad, shipping the designs off for low cost manufacturing, and then blaming it on "the manufacturer" is total smegma. Maybe next time send one of your people to oversee "your manufacturer".

You can find an endless list of companies that tried this approach and had the exact same problems.
  • Magicman
    Ghost Mv1, Indica, Tera, Haze, and many more all followed this business plan. All paid a heavy price for good ideas with bad oversight, quality control, and execution.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    They got like a bowllike on demand type vape
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Looks pretty cool. I can scan tha catalog, it explains what it is
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Device is fatter and heavier than I thought it would be. It’s like a fatter crafty
  • justjustin
    "Others seem to be pretty damn brave to actually let it touch their mouths." That's a pretty unfair statement to make and your assuming that everyone is having the same issue you are and are just brave or stupid to use this vape. I have no doubt that you are experiencing some nasty smells but is it possible that others are not?

Have you determined that there are toxic parts in the Tera? Could it be that some of the Tera vapes are just defective or faulty and that others are perfectly fine? Just because the Uno is a more affordable version of the Tera, it doesn't mean they use inferior materials that are dangerous...

I'm not trying to defend BNDLS either but this whole thing is starting to sound like a conspiracy!

I'm kind of shocked that you assume that everyone is having the same issues you are. That's like people saying your not having an issue with your vape and your just imagining it or your material is toxic and causing the nasty smells. If the smell is as bad as some of you are describing, like gag a maggot bad, I don't think any material will magically cover it up.

It really sucks to get a new vape that you've been waiting forever for and to get it and not be able to use it! I think BNDLS needs to get to the bottom of this "smell" and explain what's going on because I am concerned about my health and is the major reason why I switched to vaping. I don't think there is anything sinister going on here and its most likely a manufacturing issue, where some units are affected while others are fine but they need to figure this thing out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment