• Cl4ud3
    For those that don't know the splinter is a 510 threaded mod made by RBT that uses the heater technology from his previous vapes. So you can think of this as a mini Zion or a regulated Milaana.

The Splinter pre orders are going out and I thought it a good time to put a link to the store and the signup sheet. Initial impressions from people are great (Y) This is the way to get the Zion experience if you missed them.

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/forms/splinter-sign

1ogbw6tb1ymwka80.jpg
    Not my images or video.
    Attachment
    bNzFilu (154K)
  • Rockytdogg

Looks pretty awesome! How much $ are they running...? It would probably work on the Source Volt Max 60 watt box mod, you think, no...?
  • Cl4ud3
    Not sure on the full details so I don't want to say yes to something that ends up being wrong.
    With some now out in the wild I hope others will be able to answer some of the questions. I'm sure a few members here were/are on the waitlist.

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/projects/splinter some info can be found here
  • katdaddy
    Looks interesting!
    I used to demo a bunch of mod companies when vapers.tv was a thing so if anyone needs a recommendation to a cheap yet quality reliable 50w box mod, I could help steer you. They make TINY reliable ones now.
  • Dazza78
    It will be mine oh yes it will be mine
  • Temple ov truth
    ok ok ok lol did your day go good , temple ov truth rave on.
  • Dazza78
    @Temple ov truth ay ‘‘twas grand I never leave them empty handed very good guys
  • VapeCritic
    This thing is awesome, I included it in my RBT review (that I recorded today)

Question though, does anybody know of a cool box mod that somewhat matches this?? maybe fake wood finish or something?? lol

I used my Source mod with it and it worked perfectly, but it looked ugly :’(

cnu6wup6x3lijuf0.jpeg
    hepgisxhri7i14jz.jpeg
    8lo6xidis73xb038.jpeg
    Attachments
    77E3F4F4-0A9C-4CAF-949B-952E7AE24AF6 (123K)
    A3A68DB3-BCA6-4389-A155-C6890EFD255F (144K)
    42B71705-3EFE-4933-8615-B66C18DD1B6C (121K)
  • Baron23
    Question though, does anybody know of a cool box mod that somewhat matches this?? maybe fake wood finish or something?? lolVapeCritic

Here you go, mate. Happy shopping.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wood+colored+box+mod&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
  • Rockytdogg

Yeah, I figured, but good to know... thanks!

Check these out...:
    http://elementmods.com/product-category/devices/
  • Other Side
    I use that Tesla and it looks pretty good.....

9fp4keo9j4y9xkjt.jpg

bgiztltdif1zuyki.jpg

BTW the mouthpiece shown here is NOT the one included. This is something from 7th floor and Ryan cut it down from 26mm length to 22mm so it would fit all my RBT gear.

Here is where you sign up.
    https://www.rastabuddhatao.net/projects/splinter
    I believe the price will be around $130
    Attachments
    20171211_185437 (80K)
    20171211_184059 (107K)
  • Philly
    looks amazing. Do you know when the first batch will be shipping?
  • Other Side
    First batch has already shipped (I have beta units but this walnut is the production version). There are a few more presales to get out and Ryan will be contacting people on the waiting list. Get on that list. I suspect he will be producing more in January to fulfill the pre-orders left and the waiting list. He's waiting on parts now.
  • Philly
    just got on the list, thanks!
  • Other Side
    Sweet! What mod box do you have/are you looking at?
  • Philly
    don't have one yet but I am looking at the Tesla one above. I would like to use "myevic" open source firmware, never used it yet but looks really interesting. Still new to the box mod thing. Really love my milliana and can't wait to try another of Ryan's devices.
  • VapeCritic
    Splinter part starts at 16:46

• Kuzko
    Nice reviews, I’m on the waiting list for a splinter and your review just confirmed that I must have one. Question: do Tubo stems work in the splinter?
  • Other Side
    Nice work as usual! Thanks again for taking time to review some of the less known "small company" vapes. As you noticed these can perform with the big boys but don't they don't have the marketing bucks the other guys have so your exposure is extremely helpful!

Just a couple points of clarification....

*The Milaana and Zion heater is the same tech with just slightly different configurations.

*You can mix/match your Splinter/Milaana batteries but it's recommended you keep a matched set with the Zion to be charged together at the same level.

The Tubo stems will not work unless you cut them down. While they are both 18mm joints the RBT products take a 22mm (US sized) length and the Tubo comes with a 26mm length. Hence why I had Ryan cut down all my 7th floor stuff which is 26mm length default.

There are some ways around this (like wrapping the joint with a O Ring and pressure fitting it in the joint but the hold is less secure and it sticks out a bit. This is what I did before I had everything cut down.
  • Kuzko
    Thanks for the info, I have a bunch of spare o rings of various sizes so maybe I’ll try that trick.
  • Other Side
    should work just fine. Just not as clean. Good luck!
  • techvape
    @VapeCritic
    Do you still give your rating? I would like to know how high you would rate the splinter :)
  • Other Side
    I just thought I'd mention that I received a Tubo Dual tonight and it came with 22mm joints so yes it will work with the Splinter and RBT gear. :D
  • Kuzko
    Sweet, any suggestions on the best mod for the splinter, something simple?
  • BobCat
    I'm on the Splinter waiting list, and I am rather ignorant on mods. @Other Side posted info I thought helpful in the Zion thread https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2000/rbt-zion/p3 . There is good info on the FC forum
  • Kuzko
    Thanks for the link, that’s some good info.
  • Philly
    Speaking of mouthpieces. Just got this one for my mi. Only $8 came with a quality basket screen. Going to get a second for my splinter.

xkrx654hy56op83l.jpg
    Attachment
    20180114_143419 (124K)
  • Rockytdogg
    @Other Side

Do you (or anyone) know the width of the Splinter (overall outside diameter)? Thanks!
  • Rockytdogg

Awesome!
    In millimeters, too, if you can...
    Thanks!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention