• badbee
    @Hapo. I’ve had a Splinter v2 since 4/20 and am super happy with it. This is with a $30 Wismec P80. DNA mods have a great reputation for temp control but you don’t need to spend that much and don’t really need a 200W mod. For me TCR didn’t add anything, at 30W I get great hits and have never combusted. You can control temp and density of the hit by slowing down your draw, in wattage mode slower is hotter.

I don’t think anyone can say what the future holds for availability of various models. RBT has the soul of an artist rather than a businessman (not that I know him in the slightest) and seems a little unpredictable.
  • BobCat
    Remember: running the Splinter in a mode other than power (wattage) voids your warranty.
  • Hapo
    37-3941-000_3.jpg37-3941-000_6.jpg

...there's a warranty…???...should I buy ten...???...

...I like this box mod...what does TC mean...???...Temp Control…???....

https://www.directvapor.com/snowwolf-85w-tc-box-mod/
  • badbee
    @Hapo. Sorry, I don’t know much about mods. These seem fine but more expensive than a P80. My criteria was inexpensive, single replaceable battery and support for sur_myevic software. My only complaint about the P80 is the slightly cheap feeling and overly “clicky” button. The all black looks good with the dark Splinter v2, however.
  • Hapo

...I figgered to go with a single replaceable battery unit of some sort...

...I'm liking the old school box look of the Snow Wolf 85w TC as much as anything and it seems like a solid unit...
  • badbee
    I’m not at home to check but I believe the warranty (yes there is one) specifically rules out use at more than 50W or continuous use longer than 2 min. TCR doesn’t need to exceed those limits ( I would never want to).
  • BobCat
    I use a dual battery for longer run time. TC is temperature control.
    Warranty. Splinter is down the page a bit.
    https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/Articles.asp?ID=269
  • Hapo

...thank you...I was being facetious as I thought the warranty was a moot point at this point...

...do we send them back to Puffitup or China...???...
  • BobCat
    I thoughtHapo
    Mistake #1 :rofl:
  • Hapo
    ...oh my Gawd…!!!...you can't talk to people like that...!!!...I am so triggered...!!!...

...Bud...!!!...HELP...!!!...MODERATION...!!!...MODERATION...!!!...

specialsnowflake.png
  • Hapo
    ...well, if nothing else the shut down encouraged me to read this whole thread...

...I normally do read a thread before posting but this one is 22 pages, eh...

...non the less, I wish I had, and shall indeed do more reading and less posting hence forth...

...for one thing I feel well equipped now and less desperate to be relevant...
  • Kuzko
    Looks like RBT is back in business. Ryan posted on FC about some new people coming onboard to handle various aspects of the business.
  • Hapo
    ...that is encouraging...

...I already have the mod and battery and now I have to pick a Splinter...LoL...

...I was all set to pull the trigger on Puffitup when I saw this:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/rastabuddahtao

...now it seems there are options...

...do you think Ryan wants us to buy the Chinese one...???...

...I would think the heavy German glass would make a difference in performance...???...

...I see I could get a Splinter Z V1 but from what I read on this thread the Splinter might be better for Hapo as I plan to use it mostly as a portable E Nano w/o water...
  • Kinick23
    @Hapo I have an unused custom Z w/ the german glass I may put up in the classifieds along with a couple other vapes. I own another and am torn cause I wanna keep both in case one breaks but don’t really need a 2nd right now. Stay tuned :victory:
  • Hapo

...noted...
  • Hapo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=3EO21mwHRbk

...DOH...!!!...Hapo can really pick 'em…
  • Chandler
    Hmm. Sale splinter for $90 CAD, splinter $110. That's $60+ off. I mean I own a G43, Elev8r, mv1, woodscents etc... But I mean, on demand convection, so much love from the crowd. Deep consideration... Any huge advantage Z over original splinter? I'm leaning towards the splinter because it's smaller, but the Z has the stronger heater? Also, can they do concentrates as well/well?

Holdup @bum karacho I see you above. Best dab ever? How did the old school hash vape? How would you compare to G43? Splinter or Z?

Thanks
  • Jimpanse
    Hi, i am new to this Forum and new to the Splinter. I bought a used one, and it will arrive tomorrow. I think i bought the V1 because its not Darkwood. I was searching for the difference between V1 and V2, thats why i landed here. I found out that V1 is using Mica in the Heater, but isnt Mica bad for the Health/Lung?

Can someone explain this to me? I try to wuit Smoking for a better Health, but dont want to risk it again wirh toxic things in my Vape. Or is there nor Healthrisk?
  • BestBuds

Welcome to the forum. You unfortunately DO need to be aware of the materials in your vapor path with everything you buy. You need to make the decision what you are comfortable with.
    The V1 & V2 Splinters are made in China and have the ceramic insulator. The only difference is the V2 is Blackwood the V1 is not, it's more like a bubinga wood. I know this because I have seen the splinter and Splinter Z both US version and the V1/V2. The US version is sometimes referred to as "custom".

The Splinter is a fantastic vape. Let us know if you need help taming the beast. If you still find yourself reaching for a j and the Splinter isn't giving you what smoking seems to, try a dynavap M. If you really want a great experience, spring for the titanium tip as well. It's the vape that I hear most people say helped them not want to smoke anymore.
  • Jimpanse
    I think on Page 19 someone wrote that not only the Color is a difference, also that Mica is used in the V1. A few google searches later, i was afraid if i bought the right vape. But i am not sure if i read the Mica Health thingi correct. I am no native speaker so maybe i dont understand everything right. So you mean its not that risky?

I have a Dynavap, and i love it. But for some reason, i dont like the fire thingi. It alwasy look line smoking crack :)
  • BestBuds
    I see what you're referring to. I'll have to look into it, but I thought the V1's had the ceramic from the beginning. I might be wrong.
    If you look at my post HERE you can see the small square that is under the mesh heating element. That's the ceramic / mica insulator. You can even see that the Splinter in those pics is the V1 with the ceramic insulator. The taller Z next to it is the one that had the Mica insulator. I had a 4 hole Leadwood body made for that Z, and a new insulator to replace the mica one. There is a little movement with that piece and if you hear a little rattle when you shake the splinter that's the ceramic/mica insulator. Like I said, when having my U.S. Splinter Z repaired, I replaced the insulator with a glass one. After seeing how much it moved and the potential for dust to be made, it started to make me uncomfortable.

I am a big fan of RBT vapes but the instability of the man/company has made me nervous. If I was to go for another similar styled vape I think I would try an iHeat 510 or more likely a TETRAx
  • Baron23
    We all make our own decisions about material safety and what we are willing to tolerate within our personal environment.

But wrt mica....you guys do know that they make household heaters out of mica and that they are indeed considered safe?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=micathermic+heaters+

Am I missing something here?
  • BestBuds
    I am starting to use denatured hemp fiber or organic unbleached cotton to keep the small cannabis particles out of my lungs because I started to have a little cough start and it stayed for about 2 months. Gone since I started using that filter material. I just don't like breathing any kind of stuff I don't have to. My splinter was open so I had it spruced up. Better safe than sorry especially when it comes to health. But I agree the debate about material safety is becoming VERY contentious.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment