• badbee
    @Hapo. I’ve had a Splinter v2 since 4/20 and am super happy with it. This is with a $30 Wismec P80. DNA mods have a great reputation for temp control but you don’t need to spend that much and don’t really need a 200W mod. For me TCR didn’t add anything, at 30W I get great hits and have never combusted. You can control temp and density of the hit by slowing down your draw, in wattage mode slower is hotter.

I don’t think anyone can say what the future holds for availability of various models. RBT has the soul of an artist rather than a businessman (not that I know him in the slightest) and seems a little unpredictable.
  • BobCat
    Remember: running the Splinter in a mode other than power (wattage) voids your warranty.
  • Hapo
    37-3941-000_3.jpg37-3941-000_6.jpg

...there's a warranty…???...should I buy ten...???...

...I like this box mod...what does TC mean...???...Temp Control…???....

https://www.directvapor.com/snowwolf-85w-tc-box-mod/
  • badbee
    @Hapo. Sorry, I don’t know much about mods. These seem fine but more expensive than a P80. My criteria was inexpensive, single replaceable battery and support for sur_myevic software. My only complaint about the P80 is the slightly cheap feeling and overly “clicky” button. The all black looks good with the dark Splinter v2, however.
  • Hapo

...I figgered to go with a single replaceable battery unit of some sort...

...I'm liking the old school box look of the Snow Wolf 85w TC as much as anything and it seems like a solid unit...
  • badbee
    I’m not at home to check but I believe the warranty (yes there is one) specifically rules out use at more than 50W or continuous use longer than 2 min. TCR doesn’t need to exceed those limits ( I would never want to).
  • BobCat
    I use a dual battery for longer run time. TC is temperature control.
    Warranty. Splinter is down the page a bit.
    https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/Articles.asp?ID=269
  • Hapo

...thank you...I was being facetious as I thought the warranty was a moot point at this point...

...do we send them back to Puffitup or China...???...
  • BobCat
    I thoughtHapo
    Mistake #1 :rofl:
  • Hapo
    ...oh my Gawd…!!!...you can't talk to people like that...!!!...I am so triggered...!!!...

...Bud...!!!...HELP...!!!...MODERATION...!!!...MODERATION...!!!...

specialsnowflake.png
  • Hapo
    ...well, if nothing else the shut down encouraged me to read this whole thread...

...I normally do read a thread before posting but this one is 22 pages, eh...

...non the less, I wish I had, and shall indeed do more reading and less posting hence forth...

...for one thing I feel well equipped now and less desperate to be relevant...
  • Kuzko
    Looks like RBT is back in business. Ryan posted on FC about some new people coming onboard to handle various aspects of the business.
  • Hapo
    ...that is encouraging...

...I already have the mod and battery and now I have to pick a Splinter...LoL...

...I was all set to pull the trigger on Puffitup when I saw this:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/rastabuddahtao

...now it seems there are options...

...do you think Ryan wants us to buy the Chinese one...???...

...I would think the heavy German glass would make a difference in performance...???...

...I see I could get a Splinter Z V1 but from what I read on this thread the Splinter might be better for Hapo as I plan to use it mostly as a portable E Nano w/o water...
  • Kinick23
    @Hapo I have an unused custom Z w/ the german glass I may put up in the classifieds along with a couple other vapes. I own another and am torn cause I wanna keep both in case one breaks but don’t really need a 2nd right now. Stay tuned :victory:
  • Hapo

...noted...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube