• MAbud
    hey Splinter thread, where can I buy something different that directly competes? LMAO...
  • cottoalvapore
    the size of the splinter? can you tell me the diameter?
  • Kuzko

“The Splinter itself is 2 1/4" off the mod to the rim of the 19 mm glass and it is 1 1/4" diameter.

The mouthpiece that shipped is the "Splinter long" which is the standard for the Milaana. It is approx 1.63" high off the 19 mm female. The stealth mouthpiece is planned to be around 1".”
  • Magicman
    rq6bbb03nc8lxyvy.png
    Damn hire some peeps to help.
  • Magicman
    This is bad news for us waiting on a splinter.
  • Other Side
    He is relocating.....

And @magicman if it were that simple it would have already been done. There are a lot of things going on in Ryan's life right now.
  • Philly
    Is Ryan staying in upstate NY?
  • Other Side
    Not fully determined.
  • BobCat
    Ryan is implementing changes/improvements based on the pre-order rollout. Those of us on the waiting list will need to be patient. I would rather wait and have a better Splinter.
  • BobCat
    Should be cool.

qh7n1vho472d2lvh.png
  • Magicman
    Someone please tell us less capable tech people how to view this.
  • Kuzko
    Create an instagram account and follow rhastbuddhatao’s account.
  • Summer
    Speaking of mouthpieces. Just got this one for my mi. Only $8 came with a quality basket screen.Philly

Where did you get the mouthpiece? Thanks!
  • f0Nz
    @Summer It is the Arizer mini-whip to make a balloon connection. You can get it pretty much everywhere you can buy vapes :smile:
  • Philly
    it's a Chem-Si
    Chem-Si All Glass Adapter Bent 19mm Male to 11mm Female Frosted Glass Mini Whip from Amazon. Have 3 it's all I use.

Highly advice getting these screens as well:
    Hongjintian 10pcs 0.5Inch Diameter Crystal Tobacco Pipe Stainless Steel Mental Screen Filters for Crystal Smoking Pipes Use. Also Amazon.
  • Summer
    Thanks @Philly & @f0Nz. I cross-posted on FC. ;)
  • Magicman
    I'm #224.
  • Magicman
    Here is an update email from RBT.

Greetings all!  Thanks for your patience as RBT takes the required time to make sure we are making the best products we can.  We will continually be improving the Splinter as the builds progress but this build is near perfect. 

We had some issue with the recessed fitting in manufacturing so on some units the interface between the 510 fitting isn't as pretty as I would like but it's something you have to really look to notice and it is at the mod / splinter interface so I am deeming them worthy of sale.  Just want to give full disclosure in the spirit of RBT transparency.

There was an IT blip today that triggered an email that we did not expect so sorry to get you all excited.  Please know that the recent build of 25 units went well all the questions that where open are closed and material is being ordered to cover the VapeFiend and wait list units plus.  With things dialed in now the builds will steadily pick up speed and we will focus on nothing but Splinter other than some limited effort setting up the XL8R line.  Labor is lined up so once parts arrive in 2-3 weeks we should be able to catch up on the wait list in 2 months and then start to have stock.

RBT will be sending an email soon to the first 25 people so that I can invoice them through PayPal to avoid any further website confusion.    The second batch of 25 will be notified next week.  All materials will be on-hand in 3 weeks to start full time build of the wait list and VapeFiend order. 

Please know that I am spending every waking moment of every day on a mission to deliver Splinter ... so hang in there... I will get you your Splinter or I will die trying :)

Peace,

RBT
  • Magicman
    It's go time. For $100.00 what could go wrong? Catch my house on fire, blow my face off, or enjoy smooth reefer clouds? Me choose the latter.
  • Philly
    nice! What number we're you?
  • PAM
    did you buy a splinter or a PAM ? Lol . What could go wrong you ask ? Heard of 510 plates getting loose on initial batch or two. always risk of breaking glass so not too rough with your splinter .. The ModPod is getting great initial feedback from AJS who's done many rbt videos ... @Philly magic is #224 as stated a few posts above .
  • Philly
    So for some.reason that email got pushed into my spam folder. Just ordered one.
  • Philly
    wait PAM bad mouthing RBT....no way. If only there was another vape that had no glass.

You need a girlfriend or something. Way too much time on your hands. Sorry mods if I am over the line but PAM should not be able to post on any RBT threads.... especially since he has no RBT products to compare with, his only reason for visiting these threads is to spew his negative energy.
  • VapeCritic

Please watch yourself buddy boy :eyes:
  • Summer
    Heard of 510 plates getting loose on initial batch or two.PAM

That's why is was advised to not keep screwing & unscrewing the Splinter from the mod

OR

you can add a heat sink so the Splinter remains stationary when removing. I just ordered a 22mm one from fasttech.com for $2.xx. It was recommended to go narrower in width rather than larger.
  • Mrbiggs
    how you liking the splinter?
  • MAbud

Have only run one, quick session. But so far really good. Dead simple to use, regulated consistency and great flavor. Promising start for sure
  • Philly
    I have the exact same box mod, which settings do you think work best?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment