• MAbud

Nice. It fits well and feels great in the hand once the batteries are in. Once I am more comfortable I think I’ll like nickel temp mode for a combination of watts and temp adjustment. For now I am in straight wattage mode as I learn, and have been running 28-32 Watts
  • PuffItUp
    The splinter is a great unit for both concentrates and dry herb. Thoroughly been enjoying mine, and the price point is fantastic.
  • Bud
    What's the latest on this one did most of you guys start getting your preorders?
  • MAbud

Just, just starting to roll out. Maybe somewhere between 50-100 or so. And I think about 200 being built right now
  • Mrbiggs
    how’s it compared to the milaana.
  • MAbud

Too soon to say. Too many rigs here and not enough time!!
  • Cl4ud3
    25% off if you missed the first wait list. Code is waitlist
  • Philly
    , how is the Z. Saw the pic of your rig that Ryan posted on IG. Looks sweet.

mod fixed tag
  • Other Side
    I have been wearing it out! It's VERY good. I will come back later with more thoughts when I have time.
  • Philly
    great to hear! Is there a waiting list I can get on for that. Can't get a Zion but looking forward to getting a Zion heater.
  • Other Side
    yes I think you can go onto the website and request to be added.
  • Philly
    just added myself to the wish list and to be notified when back in stock. Can't wait to try it out.
  • MAbud

I may part with a Zion...I'll let you know if I do
  • PuffItUp
    That is a hard choice to make. I decided to bring mine along for the ride to Nevada! Can't wait to move
  • Magicman
    This is at most $100.00 device. The retail price of $200.00, and then needing a $100.00 mod to make it work? This is not what a $300.00 vape looks like. Though I was on the waiting list, I passed on it. Too many shilled mouthpieces are sucking on this tit. You know who you are....
  • scion34
    You sir, sound upset. Also, a tad misinformed - the splinter is currently $105 and can be paired with many mods starting around 20-40$. Maybe you should actually research a bit before you go off and intentionally mislead others.
  • Other Side
    lol oh magicman. As Scoin says it's not that expensive and if you doubt the vapor quality I'll give you mine to try. Then you can tell me a unit that produces better vapor quality under $150. I'm eager to know.

This is me tonight.

hwxo925fd8g3lcjs.jpg

Growler and some Splinter Z through water. I have a "Bud" sized collection and this ranks HIGHly.

What's your favorite?
  • Cl4ud3
    The retail price of $200.00Magicman

Price is marked at $139 retail and as you were on the wait list from before you would have got 25% off.
  • Smokin60
    I saw on the forum you have the 2 button Therion Can you just tell or show how, like the 3 button one on forum , to change settings ..... TYVM
  • Summer
    Originally the Splinter was $129 & those on the waitlist got 25% when RBT did a pay-it-forward in honor of a friend of his. After the w/l, the Splinters increased to $139.& are now in stock so no longer waitlisted. I believe the $200 was just an error. The Splinter Z is $189 & not in stock yet, but you can sign up for email notification when it is, so I guess you can consider it waitlisted. RBT said to expect it around the end of the year. Now you guys know as much as I know -- of course, always subject to change.

@Magicman, it's a shame you passed on it cause I'm sure you would have gotten the discount at the $129. I can't believe you would have received an invoice for $200???

I love my Splinter, would never want to be without it. The Splinter Z is based on the Zion heater (a larger surface area than the Splinter which is based on the Milaana) so I already know that I have to it.

BTW, I'm certainly not a shill mouthpiece for anyone. I can only wholeheartedly endorse a product I believe in.
  • MAbud
    Not even sure why you guys bother responding to him...it’s so ridiculous and childish to say you haven’t tried it but you know it isn’t worth the money and then accuse people who have spent money and like it as being schills.
  • welshman
    @Other Side

Could you tell us more about the Splinter z? I've heard its a splinter with a zion heater I think but i know nothing about any of the RBT stuff and couldn't find anything here about it (I'm sure its on FC somewhere). Whats the difference in the zion heater to the standard heater?
  • Summer
    As I said, the Splinter is based on the Milaana heater & the Splinter Z on the zion heater. There is no thread yet for the Splinter Z, but here is FC's link for the Splinter so you can read up on it yourself:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-65

Also, install the IG app. RBT does pretty regular livestreams on the PAM, Splinter & Splinter Z.

https://www.instagram.com/rastabuddhatao/

AJS has a bunch of videos up on his instagram account showing the Splinter, the Zion, the Milaana & the soon-to-be-released StemPod from ModPodlabs in action:

https://www.instagram.com/ajs_fc_/

Along the same cartridge + mod concept, but different heater design, is the StemPod. ModPod has published the stream from last night & it's very informative. Check it out. As far as I know, it'll be viewable until about 11p tonight.
  • Other Side
    is on it!

Ok first the settings for the Therion. I meant to do this last night and I was getting evil stares from the wife for not paying attention to her! Lol

Anyway the three button mod is pretty eay to figure out. I won't spend time there.

The two button is a bit of a pain to figure out at first but not difficult once you get it.

I know Bud asked about this a while back and I just recently "remembered" the solution so here goes.

To change material type you must be in active mode meaning if you push the fire button it will run.

Step 1:
    Hold true two lower buttons down (+ -) at the same time. This will lock the power.

Step 2:
    Push the + button repeatedly. You will start cycling through material type profiles. There are two lines (don't ask me why). The material type you want to change to is on the TOP line. Once you get the one you want you simply hit the fire button and it will select that profile.

I use Nickel 200 Temp control mode for my Splinter, Splinter Z and then Mod Pod. Within that mode you also select wattage and temp. I will get to how to change those in a second but I like a wattage range between 27-32w for my Splinter and 30-35w for my Splinter Z.

Now that you have it to the profile you want you simply hold the + - buttons again to lock back into power mode so you can change the wattage.

Now how to change temp.....

For this you need to have the fire button locked (which is essentially the off button because it prevents the mod from firing). To lock it you hit the fire button five times in a row very quickly. To unlock again hit the button five times quickly.

Once you have it locked you simply hold the + - buttons down at the same time. The screen will change to "hold to change temp" and then take you into the mode to change it.

Push the + - buttons up and down until you find the temp you want. I am generally running between 370-390F on the Splinter a bit higher on the Splinter Z cuz I have been hammering that through water a lot. To go from C to F just keep on the + or - button to go all the way through the scale. Once you hit the bottom of F it will change to C. Once you land on the temp you want you hit the fire button to select it.

Then hit the fire button five times quickly to unlock the mod, make sure you are on the wattage you want (+ - is now controlling wattage) and you are good to go.

Feel free to ask questions. I hope this was clear and is helpful!

Now @welshman asked about the Splinter Z. I do believe I am the only one out there with one. I am a huge fan of the Splinter (DD in a big collection) and am loving the Z as well. I have only had it for a week so I want to reserve my response somewhat until I have had more time but here is what I can tell you this far.

It takes a bit more juice and a bit more time to warm up then the Splinter but it does seem to provide an even fuller experience than the Splinter. Now I am reserving the right to modify this but for now that's my perception. The vapor density is just a little greater and the taste is top notch just like the Splinter.

As I said I have been running it through water a lot but have also run it dry with a nubby mouthpiece and have no problem handling the heat.

Pics for comparison here...

mod fixed tag
  • Other Side
    evnhiy0l2wigwv3a.jpg
    5mfw94u2u79ngzgh.jpg
    I do think the exotic woods are going to look kick ass since there is a little more real estate for wood but I do love me some walnut as well.

Ryan and I are also discussing some other options for this which I feel may be interesting to folks but not going to put it out there right now.
  • Summer
    I do think the exotic woods are going to look kick ass since there is a little more real estate for wood but I do love me some walnut as well.Other Side

What do you mean by this? Why would 1 wood have more real estate than another???
  • Other Side
    I just mean the Splinter Z is larger than the Splinter so more wood surface area to gawk at!
  • Philly
    I think I'm in love.... @other side I am running 38 watts at 450 is that too high. Its not getting too hot. This is my first time using a box mod so I am still dialing it in. v5e7zxomwfpv8h5m.jpg

mod fixed tag
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet