• ghostvapesofficial
    We are very pleased to confirm that the new Ghost App complete with the latest version of Firmware, is now available for iOS users in the App Store.

The Android version is still in development but will be available soon and we will be making a further announcement at this time.

The App will automatically upgrade your MV1 with the latest version of Firmware and give you a far greater degree of control, with the ability to customize temperatures on favorite levels 4&5 and operate your device without having to rely solely on the mode button.

We are also planning a range of exciting new features through a series of future updates.

A simple user guide to downloading and using the App will follow shortly.

Feedback from the iOS Beta Group has been very positive overall and early reports from existing customers, who have updated their devices to the latest version of Firmware are also extremely encouraging.

iOS Beta Users are now free to openly discuss the improvements they have experienced along with general performance related issues such as charring, overheating and improved ABV.

We still have some work to complete in respect of battery life but we believe the device is now performing very much in line with expectations.

The key remaining issue that we are still dealing with is that of "User Error" because even simple errors are often difficult to solve by emails, PM's and advice from more experienced forum users.

We do however have a cohesive solution on the way.

We are currently in the process of finishing off a series of 8 "How To" videos that include an introduction to the MV1, an animated CGI video of how the MV1 works, how to use the MV1 with dry herb, how to use the MV1 with concentrate, troubleshooting etc... All of these videos will be published later this month and we will be making an announcement as soon as they go live.

These videos take into account the thousands of comments that we have received and responded to or discussed openly elsewhere on this forum.

The most common problem we are continuing to witness and resolve, on a daily basis and that usually results in overheating, charring and uneven ABV, relates to incorrectly assembled or dirty Heat Sinks.

This common complaint can be very easily resolved by simply taking the time to watch this excellent video produced by the Vape Critic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-iVsEtSDRE

Poor vapor production is usually linked to the same issue.

You can also increase or limit the amount of vapor by raising or lowering the glass stem. IMPORTANT NOTE: When raising or lowering the stem please rest your thumb on the top edge of the Heat Sink to prevent it from moving upwards when you pull out the stem. If you pull the top lid off you will have partially disassembled the Heat Sink, which will result in an air bypass, reduced vapor and the potential for charring and overheating.

This is all explained in the above video.

In addition to the above we are also pleased to announce that our store is now open on the website and both new and existing customers can now purchase devices & accessories - without having to pre-register.

On a closing note we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience while we completed these important tasks and to wish you all a Happy Holiday.

Best Wishes

The Team @ Ghost
  • ToxicVape
    Congrats on the official launch!

Edit:
    To anyone who had doubts I can confirm this update DID fix every single complaint I had. The wait was well worth it. Yes it sucked but geez I this thing just got 10x better!
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Congrats on the official launch!ToxicVape

Thanks and much appreciated :)
  • MAbud
    I think everyone will be pleased with the latest firmware and app. It’s great to be able to build a custom flavor profile. I do setting 4 (F1) around 368-370 to be right between M and H
  • BobaTheFett
    The app really takes my unit to the next level super happy I got to be apart of the beta I love the app!!! The mv1 imo is the bong of vapes amazing flavor and packs a punch!! Couldn't be happier I also love the fact unlocking my vape takes my fingerprint feels like James Bond on my iOS app that is lol couldn't be happier bud was right this is the one for me no doubt :D
  • RightTrash
    Performance is better, by far for sure, than at release - I was in beta.
    The extraction efficiency, and flavorful delivery, along with the smoothness to top it off, are unique to this vape.

Similar to MAbud, I have setting 4 @ 380F, and I use level 5 @ 412F.
    Starting at level 1, a hit, bump to level 2 for another hit (sometimes 2), then I bump to level 4 for sometimes 2 hits, then to level 3 for another hit or 2, and finish it off with another hit at level 5.
    Sessions can last 8 minutes or be extended however long, flavors last longer than many vapes I've used, somehow.

AVB comes out even and dark, I promptly remove the crucible and brush both it plus the screen off.

Tips:
    -Don't pack tightly, fine or medium grind dropped or scooped in, doesn't even have to be to brim.
    -I prefer using the button on device than using the app to change the temps as I go.
    -Whenever I note the lid getting sticky, using a q-tip dipped in lemon oil or ISO, wiping the lid and empty crucible, then rinsing in water, this works well to keep flavor and build up from being an issue.
    -I've used a safety pin to keep holes in crucible and the lid cleaner, when I see build up in them after above cleaning.
  • Spog
    I was part of the beta group and after the last couple updates it started performing great! Bigger clouds and way less overheating.. this vape is a monster!
  • Toked23
    I was also apart of the beta group and am very happy with my ghost. I can also say you are going to have a hard time finding a better company customer service wise. They do the right thing over and over for the customer and truly want to make the best vape possible. As far as function goes, it is easily one of the best vapes I’ve ever used and what it does without question for me was deliver the goods with ease. I didn’t fiddle with anything, mouthpiece all the way out and a medium grind, boom. Started with a ladder type low heat and went up from there. No issue, no fuss. The other thing I can say is that is it super powerful, it packs a punch and got me ripped more than any other vape I’ve tried. Just potent.
  • Spog
    Also wanted to note that after the update, the flavor was the highest quality of any vape I’ve ever used! It’s already been said but with this one, a little goes a lot further! Way less material used.
  • Oliver
    It's fun using the MV1 with an iPhone in one hand and the MV1 in the other swiping back and forth through the various temps. Thanks Ghost.
  • casualcrown
    Congrats, Ghost My Dad is anxious to try my unit when I visit for winter break, and i'm very excited to show him everything!
  • nominal3
    I'm having a problem updating the firmware.
    The app is to the point of the firmware install where the screen says: "Complete Update- to complete the update press and hold both buttons on the vape. Awaiting input..." When I hold both buttons the single center green light comes on for two seconds, then turns off, and that's it. No pairing.
    If I release the buttons while the single center light is lit, the center light turns off, and the right green light turns on, and off, and then all three lights blink red two times. Once this happens, all three red lights come on whenever the mode button is pressed. When I then remove/reinstall the battery, it returns to the center green light coming on when the mode button is pressed...
    Any clues?
  • BobaTheFett
    I would try to completely unpair the vape then repair the vape to the app then try to update again
  • Headybuzzin
    Having issues with mine did the update worked great put it down came back and when it goes to heat up it flashes red lights then solid green then nothing happens won’t heat up!?!? Restored it back to factory settings and reinstalled update and still not working!!!! Help
  • casualcrown

I'm having the same issue
  • casualcrown
    Removing the battery from my MV!, unpairing it on my phone, and then restarting the process worked. My phone now shows that my MV1 is updated :D
  • Zep4
    As soon as I get those replacement crucibles I’ll be able to experience the app which I’ve paired with my iPad and GhostVapes explained the delay of the phone pairing problem.
    I just wanted to wish everyone on the forum, especially Bud, & Peter, Whitney and the unsung heroes we’ll probably never know by name that work behind the scenes actually MAKING the MV1 a wondrous and Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays.
  • BigRedDog
    But when will the crucible dispenser be available? I've literally been checking the website everyday for the past couple months and keep getting "item is out of stock." Would love to have it shipped before Christmas so I can share this with some friends.
  • nominal3
    I tried that, but now the vape will not fully turn-on and enter standby/pairing mode, even after removing/re-installing the battery.
  • bener

Try this:

• Turn off your MV1 and remove battery
    • Fire up the App and remove your MV1
    • Then try pairing your MV1 again

Good luck!
  • LabPong
    Tips:
    -Don't pack tightly, fine or medium grind dropped or scooped in, doesn't even have to be to brim.
    -I prefer using the button on device than using the app to change the temps as I go.
    -Whenever I note the lid getting sticky, using a q-tip dipped in lemon oil or ISO, wiping the lid and empty crucible, then rinsing in water, this works well to keep flavor and build up from being an issue.
    -I've used a safety pin to keep holes in crucible and the lid cleaner, when I see build up in them after above cleaning.
    RightTrash

RT....good post bro! I found the same things as you and follow your use scenario, and also with the safety pin as well.
  • billyob
    Later this month they will be available!
  • BigRedDog
    Yeah Boba mentioned that too. Crossing fingers I can get it delivered next week or the week of the 18th latest. Surprised how quickly they shipped my MV1. If only the battery was cheaper... Thanks
  • billyob
    you'll just have to wait and see @BigRedDog >:)
  • ghostvapesofficial
    But when will the crucible dispenser be available? I've literally been checking the website everyday for the past couple months and keep getting "item is out of stock." Would love to have it shipped before Christmas so I can share this with some friends.BigRedDog

Crucible Dispensers are in full production and will definitely be in stock soon. We will be able to ship in time for Christmas but I can't give a precise date.

We will be making an announcement as soon as they are in our warehouse so please stay tuned.

Pre-registrations have indicated a very high demand and we are recommending that anyone intending to purchase one should definitely take advantage of this facility.

There is no deposit required and you can change your mind at any time.

Best

Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ↪casualcrown I tried that, but now the vape will not fully turn-on and enter standby/pairing mode, even after removing/re-installing the battery.nominal3

Hi,

Is Bluetooth enabled/switched on, on your iPhone?

Best

Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Having issues with mine did the update worked great put it down came back and when it goes to heat up it flashes red lights then solid green then nothing happens won’t heat up!?!? Restored it back to factory settings and reinstalled update and still not working!!!! HelpHeadybuzzin

By copy of this message I'm asking at @rikcheese to take a look at this for you. Don't worry we will get you up and running quickly.

Best

Patrick
  • ghostvapesofficial
    I'm having a problem updating the firmware.
    The app is to the point of the firmware install where the screen says: "Complete Update- to complete the update press and hold both buttons on the vape. Awaiting input..." When I hold both buttons the single center green light comes on for two seconds, then turns off, and that's it. No pairing.
    If I release the buttons while the single center light is lit, the center light turns off, and the right green light turns on, and off, and then all three lights blink red two times. Once this happens, all three red lights come on whenever the mode button is pressed. When I then remove/reinstall the battery, it returns to the center green light coming on when the mode button is pressed...
    Any clues?
    nominal3

The firmware is automatically updated when you download the App.

Are you pressing the mode button and vape button down at the same time?

The single green centre light indicates that the device is in "Vape Mode. If you click it 3 times in quick succession it should go off.

Next, remove and replace the battery, then push the mode button down until 3 green LED's are displayed. You can then proceed to hold the mode button and vape button down simultaneously until the 3 green Led's are moving sequentially from side to side. You are now in pairing mode and the device should connect to the App.

Please try the above and if you are still having problems PM me directly. We can set up a call if required to run through it over the phone.

Hope this helps.

Best

Patrick
  • nominal3
    Yes, bluetooth is enabled. The vape will no longer enter stand-by mode. When the mode button is held to turn the unit on- the center green light turns on for 2 seconds, then the battery level lights turn on, then off, then 3 red lights blink twice. After that, whenever either buttons are pressed, all three red lights turn on.
  • BigRedDog
    @ghostvapesofficial Thank you very much. Your customer service is truly one of the best.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ↪ghostvapesofficial Yes, bluetooth is enabled. The vape will no longer enter stand-by mode. When the mode button is held to turn the unit on- the center green light turns on for 2 seconds, then the battery level lights turn on, then off, then 3 red lights blink twice. After that, whenever either buttons are pressed, all three red lights turn on.
    nominal3

I'm going to look into this for you now.

By copy of this message I'm also asking my colleague @rikcheese to advise. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best

Patrick
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube