• Cuckfumbustion
    Yea. are you streaming tonite? Cool SCIENCE!
  • Cuckfumbustion
    I'm on youtube on your site ATM. If you have a clip to show.

If you can heat up an ELB inside a straight tube, then you have a crude version of what I'm getting at.

You could also use your IH as a testbed for how different masses of metal heat up.
  • VerminSupreme
    I would love a live stream for any info on this Vape!
  • VapeCritic
    Sorry guys I flaked out the other day I've been swamped with responding to messages, I'm thinking about doing a stream tonight or within the next few days and I will confirm if I do.

I wanna take apart a few vapes live and brainstorm ideas with you guys, and I wanna talk about the few ideas I have too.
  • VapeCritic
    I didn't realize there were so many people making vapes on FC! heheh

Gotta make sure I don't step on any toes...
  • Rockytdogg
    Gotta make sure I don't step on any toes...VapeCritic

No way. Be yourself and everything will be just fine...

In Bud we trust!

(maybe just stay away from that new glass... unless you also got backup(s) :-x ;) )
  • justjustin
    Any news or ideas on the vape project?

I'd like to see a super luxury vape. Like totally CNC machined metal body mainly, customizable, modular design, totally replaceable parts ( heater, batts, chambers etc ) on-demand convection, removable chamber, full temp etc. I think serious vapers want a high quality vape that will be built to last a life and built like a serious device and not a toy that is focused on partying.
  • Hazel
    @VapeCritic TWO REQUESTS: 1) short draw capacity 2) don’t blow up the house :D (Y)
  • VapeCritic
    LOL did you notice how I tested all the smoke detectors in the house recently? :-! :-!
  • VapeCritic

Been doing more experimenting and taking apart vapes, I talked about it a little in last night's stream how I took apart my Apollo and plan on using the bulb heater from it to do testing with different designs, I'm really interesting in making the halogen bulb heating element work.
  • oddjobold
    @vapecritic

Have you considered getting involved with RBT open source?
  • VapeCritic

I'm considering all options at the moment but would like to hopefully develop something on my own. Halogen bulbs intrigue me as does using heated glass as a heat source, so I've started my experimenting with that type of stuff and also a little bit with an induction heater. I also picked up a ceramic rod element like some log vapes use to experiment with that too.

Hopefully I'll have some cool updates soon to share on a live stream!
  • VapeCritic
    I'm moving too slow with this, I need to kick it into high gear!!

My goal is to have a meaningful update for you by the next stream, let's see if I can make that happen :100:
  • artv4nd3l4y

I would think a halogen heat source could be great if done right, with the clean vapor it can produce.

How about the Herbalizer on steroids? For earlier models it could be simple to have different heat settings by adjusting wattage, I'm guessing the digital temp control is not on the list quite yet for the prototype? A switch shouldn't be too hard for something like three different heat settings.

I would think you'd need some type of fan with a halogen heating element? I wonder about the Herbalizer i.e., if a more powerful fan would give much benefit, or if the halogen heating element would need more power to compensate for the added air power, and possibly not produce as clean of vapor as a result of the added power? I could be wrong, but for such a high priced vaporizer I have to think they would've considered a high powered fan from how long it takes to fill a bag (the portable design is certainly a factor as well). Anyways this is interesting stuff, and I am excited to see what you come up with, halogen or not of course.
  • VapeCritic
    Last night I fully sketched out the first vape design I've had in my head for a while, and I'm getting super F'n pumped about this.

Here's my goal, I want to be able to source all the parts and assemble the vapes myself (with Hazel's help), at least in the beginning. I'm anal, sorry. lol

#NOCHINA

:cool:
  • keenlyside
    Awesome Bud. I'd be in for that!
  • f0Nz
    I'm very interrested in what your coming up with. I don't want to offend you but I think you underestimate the laws of physics :wink: It's not so easy for me to talk complex stuff like this in english. Don't want to say anything wrong.
    For me the biggest problem is battery power and that's not a problem any vape manufacturer will solve. There is a way bigger business behind batteries.

Lets say you could power the Mighty or MV1 with a batterysize like in a pacemaker or hearing aid then you could have a powerful e-vape in Vapcap size. I think Vapcap + (small) induction heater is the way to go. Do you know those Iqos Heets by Philipp Morris? They have a lot of money to experiment with :smile:

You say smoking is ezpz no questions to ask, everybody is fine with it but i wouldn't say that. I like vaping because with smoking i only have one set temperature. Around 900°C and it ends in combustion and a ugly burnt taste. Easy to use and no user input needed is actually not good. It's just easy and thats why most people do it. Most people are lazy.

I could talk alooot more on this topic but maybe you're coming up with the right solution :smile:

The perfect desktop vape for me is what you were experimenting with the light bulb. You need the Herborizer Ti glass thing where the Ti heater is sitting inside, but you put the lightbulb inside. No Titanium, just glass, glass, glass all the way :cool: :love:
    Aromed could be perfect but I don't know why they don't want to build it the right way. We germans are weird :wink:
    This style of vape is the only where you can replace even the steel screen with glass.

Enough for today. Looking forward to what you're doing :cheer:
  • TheHulliCopter
    I have a FF2 & I really like that its desgin facilitates easy reclaim. I also really like to vape and ride around so some way to easily switch to fresh material a la square haze would be cool. Having to find somewhere to pull over & stir my shit every draw is annoying & unstealthy. I'd like to see it have removable batteries, but you should be able to charge & use it at the same time (maybe dual 18650s). Is ceramic zirconia tougher than gorilla glass? Whatever its made out of it HAS to be able withstand being dropped (from a reasonable height maybe 3-4ft or so on concrete). I think being able to adjust temp settings in 5° increments is sufficient, & hybrid/convection seems to be the way to go. On demand would be my preference, & having the heating controls on the device would mean you could forgo an app. Forgoing a finicky app full of fuckery means not having to fit more finicky circuitry for the bluetooth antenna/usb connection which should make overall packaging & fuckery abatement easier.
    Thats my 2 cents!
  • TheHulliCopter
    Frankly you should design 2 vapes one portable one desktop. the Stay Up by Bud, and the Critical Extration by Bud.
  • Gonzo
    How about a portable vape that plugs into a base unit to work as a desktop....could be interesting and give a lot of functionality.
  • MAbud
    If this is something you plan commercially I would greatly advise against you building this yourself. Prototyping is absolutely fine but sales is something different. I’d urge you to research the amount of liability you open yourself up to without proper certifications, liability insurance, etc
  • Microvaper
    I think there is definitely a huge gap in the market for a truly on demand convection vape. The ghost ticks most of the boxes but it would be great to see a slightly smaller, hopefully slightly cheaper on demand on the market. The only ones out there other than the ghost are the milaana and similar style vapes or the log vapes, which unfortunately don't seem to be available where I live (England).
  • Rockytdogg

The Haze Square (coming soon) I think is on demand convection...? Tubo Evic is as well... Tera seems to mostly be on demand (quick heat up time) convection and will be out soon.

But I do agree, I would def like more fully on demand 100% convection options for sure!
  • Microvaper

Thanks for the recommendations! The haze square looks interesting. I wonder if that will be truly on demand? If so that could be a contender! The tubo evic doesn't seem to be available in the UK either. Bummer!! 8(
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Milaana is though dude, from Vapefiend, got mine there. My fave :smile:
  • Microvaper

Yeah I have been seriously considering the milaana. I like the idea of having full control of the unit. I was a bit concerned though after visiting the RBT website. It appears to be on hold so I'm not sure what's going on with them and what that will do to affect warranty etc. The milaana is genuinely on demand though and from what I hear the vapour is great quality! Only downside is not being able to use with bubbler. I assume it can't be used with a water pipe?
  • ChlorophyllMan
    I've seen some folk using a wp but I wouldn't personally. I find the cooling mouthpiece you can get does such a fantastic job when used dry. Took me about 3 weeks of daily driving to get it dialled, now it's unbelievable.
    I've said it elsewhere, I won't buy any more electronic portables. The unregulated Milaana style or Lil` Bud is almost the perfect convector, I reckon.
    VAS is stronger than you think, and can undermine you in many ways though, so who knows :wink: saw a used Tubo on ebay recently :love:
  • VapeCritic

You're scaring me!

I knew about getting insurance but there's so many people making and selling vapes!

You're right though, I should consult professionals before selling anything.

After experiencing multiple companies get royally screwed in their initial production runs I get extremely nervous letting someone else handle putting the vapes together, especially in the beginning.

I'd rather end up with a waiting list because I can't make them fast enough than have thousands of them made at once and have something be F'd up :cry:
  • MAbud

It’s a litigious world out there...at a minimum you should create a waiver early on and potentially an NDA for people to sign. I don’t mean to be a bummer but given you are going to build them out of your house that means people could sue you against your dwelling/property. I’d rather be the guy that calls that out now that potentially have you learn it the hard way. Hope for the best but you have to hedge against the downside and prepare for the worst
  • artv4nd3l4y

Very good points. Hopefully nothing ever happens, but you have to cover your ass, especially these days. I'm sure people have even used products incorrectly, yet still sued someone for their own mistake. A litigious world indeed. Great quote from Training Day - Denzel Washington "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."

Real world example: Company can't prove the consumer misused the product and are therefore liable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment