• Philly
    yeah Gabe is the head cultivator at grassroots. He has some strange fruit and Willie's tour bus coming up that is looking ridiculous. He was just here for the Eagles parade.

I am hoping to head out in the spring. Possibly do some fly fishing out that way as well. We should totally meet up. Vape forum field trip!
  • Baron23
    Definitely.....wow, your buddy is head cultivator. Tell him I said he did the best job of anybody in MD at this early point. Great looking Triangle Kush!!

Sadly I'm down for the count with the respiratory virus from hell and can't even vape right now.

But your buddy, Gabe, is the man!! Looking forward to more Grassroots and Harvest product.

By the by, Grassroots is the trade name for Maryland Compassionate Care and Wellness and in addition to having a dispensary they also have a processor license but I haven't seen any Grassroots 'trates yet.

I have a good friend, 11 time World Champion Skeet Shooter, who is from S Philly....I mean on 2nd right off of Front St. Love Johnny's Pork Shack down there. Anyway, yeah.....I think he is STILL nursing a hangover from the parade! LOL The whole bowl we were txting back and forth as he's an Eagles fan and I'm a fan of anybody who beats the Patriots. haha

Cheers
  • midas
    I'm assuming that this is in the grow as no dispensaries can have un-packaged flower right now except for display purposes and all that needs to be tracked.Baron23

Here in Illinois they don't even have anything for display. Everything is pre-packaged. One of the brands is finally putting their bud in clear, but heavily colored, plastic. But most product is bought completely blind.

As far as carts go, like everything else here, very expensive. 500 ml (½ gram) run anywhere from $50 to $65. There is one company that sells 600 ml carts and they are $50 and $60. Cart prices pretty much mirror the price of an eighth of flower.
  • Baron23
    I have only been in one store that had display carriers (look and smell) and yeah, it’s acPIA for them as every crumb has to be tracked to sale or disposal.

Most are like you said, packaged and not visible.

Still better than scurrying on grey market, I believe.
  • Gman
    CO2 oil is a bit of a sham. They claim solvent free extraction but then they winterize it using alcohol distillation... It's horrible in it's wax form. Rosin is the future for purists.
  • Baron23
    feeling pretty firm in your views these days, eh? ;)
  • Gman
    I've been researching all the different current and historical extraction techniques for future business plans. So I've thoroughly investigated Co2 oil. It pulls way too much in the initial extraction and decarbs so it'll never be "solid" again. The wax it does produce is scrapped from around the inside of the cylinders. It should be considered waste product. It's so useless in wax form they HAVE to winterize it and remove all the extra lipids and repair the color damage. This is why 99% of CO2 oil is in prefilled carts or syringes.
  • Gman
    And BHO/PHO will be illegal here (canada) so it's off the table. All the big companies are all doing CO2 oil but then they only make it edible, they can't sell it as pens. So like I said before, the future is...? :)
  • Beamer
    @Gman dude have you checked into radient technologies to see what there process consist of?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Good god, I’m looking through all these pictures and it’s making me wanna reach through the screen for a sampling to break up >.< wowwwwwww
  • Gman
    No it looks like they have only done "non mj" extractions. And by the looks of it they often still required some solvents.
  • Gman
    also I may have posted this before, but I'm big on variety. At the moment I have, Flower; Jack H + NL#1, Blue bubble, MKUltra. Then in concentrates, GOD, Pandoras Box, Pink Kush and Incredible hulk, Pineapple express Live resin, and everything listed below here from a picture I posted about 3 months ago. I keep samples of everything;

On one donut;
    Pineapple Express Live Resin
    Rockstar Kush live crumble rosin
    Whiteberry live budder rosin
    Incredible Hulk shatter
    QWISO rosin puck shatter
    Green Krack full melt bubble
    Skywalker OG distillate
    CBD bud strain rosin #1
    CBD bud strain rosin #2

https://imgur.com/fvfXIPi
  • Cuckfumbustion
    Any other lemon lovers out there?Baron23
    Does vaping lemongrass or lemonbalm count? I have a copper pot for my UD that has beeswax and Lemongrass oil for aromatherapy. I'll have to settle for Lemonheads candy until I go East.
  • Baron23
    Hi Guys - below is some pics of Harvest of Maryland's Holy Grail Kush, hybrid testing out at a whopping 29.28% THC/THCA.

Harvest is big in AZ and is vertically integrated in Maryland. They grow (and this their flower), have a dispensary, and have a processor's license but I don't believe that operation is yet up and running.

Now, they only had pre-packed grams of this variety left so I bought a few....nothing larger so you get small buds (larger buds exceed the weight, right?) so this is probably not the best example of this strain from this grower. But, it tests and its sticky as can be. I kind of think the trichomes are a little bit on the clear side, but once again these are the first harvests for our MD growers and they are trying to get product out as soon as they can. I am already seeing quality improvements and price reductions. Some dispensaries are offering up to one once purchases with commensurate pricing (I think I saw $340 or something close) but most strains at most stores is still 1/8's and 1/4's.

I think I'm getting a little better with the photog skills on the macro shots. What do you think?

aq22460nnqtlzx1q.jpeg

p43d8l87du0ditv5.jpeg

gjclhl8uzdmacfys.jpeg

mntdqhmztwhlzx5d.jpeg
    Attachments
    Attachment-5 (49K)
    Attachment-4 (59K)
    Attachment-3 (45K)
    Attachment-1 (59K)
  • katdaddy

Looks fantastic!
  • Smokin60