• Kakarot
    It is washed away man... no worries
  • Baron23
    Hit another couple of brand new dispensaries in Maryland...only about a dozen open so far but more opening every couple of weeks.

This time I went to a dispensary that was in the grow facility. That is, this company has licenses to grow, process, and dispense....its kind of like going to a Sonoma winery rather than buying wine at the local liquor store.

Its was very nice in that as soon as I stepped into the reception area I could smell the growing herb...delightful, like being in a bread bakery, yeah?! :-! X-)

I got some Gelato that they grew and assured me was cured, hand trimmed, etc, etc. And I have to say, the taste was wonderful and so was the effects. Only problem is, like all other MD MMJ herb I have gotten so far, it was dry as the Sahara Desert. Issue is hit it with a grinder and it almost immediately goes to dust. They need to do a better job of maintaining humidity.

I just ground it up when I got home so sorry...no bud shots.

But I also picked up .5 g of this Harmony sugared live resin that is tasty fire.

4nw4eh8j8b2rmqwd.jpg

z2duk55hhy7ql1hy.jpg

7887z3g4h3l4a3ux.jpg

8c9l3obrx1jgrbr0.jpg

I did also pick up an 1/8th of Gorilla Glue grown by Curio...whose stuff on my first purchase a few weeks ago was very dry and not quite up to snuff...hence, I'm buying small qtys until the market (price) and quality stabilize.

fij3vuewbijybj70.jpg

ede8aofte06gezk4.jpg

q3p0gsni6ouia2m7.jpg

b8kh8za0qs3ciui1.jpg

0wcuy7qs82j54wnx.jpg
    Attachments
    Attachment-4 (49K)
    Attachment-3 (44K)
    Attachment-2 (37K)
    Attachment-1 (79K)
    Attachment-5 (36K)
    Attachment-4 (51K)
    Attachment-3 (92K)
    Attachment-2 (101K)
    Attachment-1 (86K)
  • Rockytdogg

Nice pics!

12 already...?! That’s awesome for you and extremely bothersome for me, as we have had MM for what now, 5 years (over a year with legal rec, too, but nevermind that...!) and we only have about that up here in Mass...

Here, I believe all storefronts can only sell/dispense psychoactive products that they themselves produce... The few places in the city have remote grow facilities but all the other ones are usually at the end of some decayed, desolate old office park and grow on site.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, different model here. Each category (cultivator, processor, dispensary) is licensed seperately. Some will have a vertical integration of them all, some will only be store fronts who buy their product from one or more of the 15 growers and 15 processors that will be licensed.
  • Rockytdogg

Yeah, but that’s only with storefronts... apparently “caregivers” or delivery services will sell you anything... weed from anywhere, west coast and Colorado concentrates... some don’t don’t even require a MM card (and they really shouldn’t have to!) It’s like the old Silk Road Marketplace but you just call em and it comes right to your door a few hours later... I bet I could probably get an uzi, dilaudid and a 10 year old Hindu boy delivered by 6, if I wanted... it’s so fuct up here right now...!
  • Baron23
    So I go into one of only a dozen or so newly opened dispensaries in my state of Maryland...they had just opened and were close enough to be local to me...to register and make a little buy. Just establishing connections and seeing what's what as this is ALL brand new in my state.

So, I walk in and immediately see a gym rat buddy of mine from way back....running the store! I like Melvin a lot, he's a great positive guy, and was happy to see him. Turns out his dispensary, Herbology, is part of an IL group and is vertically integrated with a grow here in Maryland but they hadn't yet had their first harvest so the only product he had was from the first couple of guys who pushed their stuff out pretty hard.

Well, I wandered back in today and they had just that day received the first product from their own grow and so I bought an 1/8th of Triangle Kush ( https://www.leafly.com/indica/triangle-kush ).

As I believe I have gone on about before on this site, the first buds shipped and sold were really in kind of poor shape. Trimmed to literally death, dry as dust, and what good looking trichomes that were left just looked battered. I'm not upset and fully understand that this was absolutely the first botanical's from brand new grows with brand new equipment, employees, state and company procedures...yada, yada, yada. Its cool...but that's another reason why I have just been buying 1/8's...I knew it would be getting better with time and indeed it has.

This, however, I think is the high point so far as I'm actually the first person in the state to buy and "Grassroots" brand flower (yeah, aren't I special). Just sent my buddy Melvin these pics as he hadn't seen the flower yet either (pre-packed and just in today so...). Check it out.

I'm still working on those really close macros...used the iPhone again today and I just can't control the focus well enough...its really got to be tight to look right. Particularly look at the last one...I included it to show the bunch of trichomes and their milky color but the focus just isn't good enough.

tpzjt26bbrprzcaw.jpeg
    uf9hgjumy8oaxfo8.jpeg
    e8w9i47jtnvq4jhm.jpeg
    p23k278exdl0fcui.jpeg
    Attachments
    Attachment-2 (217K)
    Attachment-4 (281K)
    Attachment-5 (239K)
    Attachment-1 (214K)
  • G-love
    Hi @Baron23 thx for the pics looks really good! I like what I see with all the testing and especially expiration dates! Cali just went recreational and things have been pretty tense with the 30% tax increase and all. Our bud and concentrates here will be fully tested sometime in the future but for now it is the Wild West as usual out here in Cali.
  • VapeCritic

Dammmm nice!!

Super glad to hear the quality is top notch now (Y)

I'm on my way! 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    How much was the 1/8 of triangle kush?
  • Baron23
    $60 for 1/8. Still expensive cause nobody is offering 1/4's - oz's yet with appropriate pricing. I'm seeing pricing coming down already just a bit and it will continue.

At this point I'm most interested in quality improvement (and I will take this type of quality all day long) and strain variety which we are also just starting to see.

Concentrates are still a bit scarce. Oh, they have tincures and drinks and topicals and that stuff but dabbable stuff is available but not in great variety or quality. Still early days. I'm still finding the Rythm brand carts to be a really good experience....good cart that's consistent from top to bottom. Just WAY too expensive right now.

Come on down....take Amtrak....bring @Hazel and we will do the DC museum, monuments and dinner scene! X-) 8-)
  • VapeCritic

Snap still pricey! I don't mind paying for quality either, usually lol

Sounds awesome I'll bring some rosin! :D
  • Baron23
    Just bring the press!! haha
  • Kakarot
    Alien VS Triangle, hybrid of Ripleys OG & Triangle Kush 22% ThC .5 CbD.. it is smells like lemon pine and diesel & has a bronze tint to it, and yes I spelled TRIANGLE wrong on the paper lol, sorry.
    r4ylzji9g06ut3bg.jpeg
    2p7mr791eveggyva.jpeg
    Attachments
    1FEA14D1-7647-4BF6-BE5A-8FD8F8898BCF (282K)
    0EA15DA9-907B-420F-821C-6F37FACCA313 (310K)
  • Kakarot
    One more this one is Dark Devil.. its Big Devil XL x Purple Kush... I am starting to get into the purples and reds alot more, the taste is amazing and the feeling is kinda... different, it seems as if there is added relaxation with Purps & Reds.. It is 20% ThC and 1.3% CBD like I said the aromatics with purps and reds are amazing, if you ever get the chance to try them you and everyone else on here needs to!!!
    ltv6r5kknw2250yf.jpeg
    Attachment
    0E10E637-A444-4F56-96F9-338D8DA59171 (172K)
  • VapeCritic

Damn son! That's a healthy lookin nugget :D

Give me the brief rundown of your setup - lights, medium, nutes
  • Kakarot
    I sent you a PM & ty thats that red pappy I was talkin about lol :-!
  • Kakarot
    Also all Pappy shown here is of the non psychoactive Pappy and my buddy does not believe in drugs or that marijuana ... :o
  • Baron23
    Nice.....haven't even vaped any of that Triangle that I bought....been down with the respiratory crud for a week and can't hardly breath.

Nice looking....this is your home grow, right? Wonderful, both of them but that DD is awesome looking.
  • Kakarot
    My buddy Pappy shot me a few pics :-!
  • Baron23
    Ah...yeah, right (Y)
  • sote23

wow $90. the average price in CA for a cartridge is around $35, some are less and some are more.

Congrats on getting dispensaries. You'll love them.
  • Baron23
    yeah, too true. Sadly, however, I think you will find prices raising for tested CA MJ w taxes. Hope not but that’s what I’m reading.

Last cart I got out west was $70/gram. Was good too.

Thanks. I’m just glad to be legal for first time in 50 years!! LOL
  • Kakarot
    Holy mother of bat-shit 70$ a gram for oil carts? That is insane...
  • Baron23
    actually, it seems about right. @sote23 is paying $35 for .5 g cart.

What is outrageous is $90 per .5 g cart here in MD. Already seeing it coming down and believe it will continue.

Something to remember is that in my new med legal state there are costs for testing and regulatory req that make it more expensive to produce than in unregulated extract labs.

But not that much more.

Again, I’m still tickled pink that I can now legally buy a wide array of tested strains and products.

Cheers
  • Kakarot
    Yeah its sweet that your legal period, I do not know much about carts.. What additives are made to make the oil? Is it like vape juice with PG/VG I have heard some nasty shit about PG... VG seems to be a little better, personally I say stick to flower and avoid all of that unnecessary crap
  • Baron23
    Hi - well, that's sort of my point.....the cart from WA and the ones I'm getting in MD are CO2 extracted with NO PG/PEG/VEG, do NOT have fiber wicks (ceramic only), and the one from WA was SS and glass and refillable (but I didn't have anything to refill it with).

The two that I have gotten in MD are also SS/glass but not refillable but I'm happy with the contents. In addition to being tested for cannabinoids, they test for nutrient left over, pesticides and a bunch of other stuff.

I expect in the next year to see CO2 syringes that I can use to dab or even better fill a CCell cart with. We will see.

Mostly carts for me are for convenience. They work great for that 2 am, up in pain, quick couple of hits and back to bed.

Right now pricing in the country seems to be all over the place and changing as new regulatory requirements are being introduced. Be very interesting to see how that HUGE grey market transitions to full rec legal with testing and taxes laid on it. I imagine its not going to be a very relaxed year for many of those producers trying to transition.

Cheers
  • Philly
    Here is a photo of my boy at the Maryland dispensary he works for
    8ke15qqogdaazvs6.jpg
    Attachment
    Screenshot_20180214-131205 (181K)
  • Baron23
    Great looking cola...WOW.

I'm assuming that this is in the grow as no dispensaries can have un-packaged flower right now except for display purposes and all that needs to be tracked.

Not sure if you saw my latest post here: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/46778

But based on the location of the cultivator your friend works for, I am certain that its the same company that issues the Grassroots brand, which is what I posted about above.

They do have a dispensary also in MD, and its Herbology which is also what I wrote about and which my buddy manages.

As you can see in the pics and txt in my post, my Grassroots purchase was the very best quality I have seen so far. Them and Harvest which is part of a large outfit in AZ who also seem to really know their stuff. Good stuff, Philly...I was very happy with it.

Small world, mate...when you come to MD, we need to try to get together. Would be a hoot. (Y) :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment