• portbarton
    I watched your rubi review. Unlike all the other reviews, I noticed that you were able to disasemble the pod and get to the cotton. Can the user change the cotton if you start to get a burnt taste? Also, if you are using light or medium thc oils, can you just remove the the cotton without it starting to leak? In other words, will it work like a ccell that does not use cotton for oils?
  • VapeCritic
    I was just able to take apart a cartridge, remove the cotton around the ceramic, and then put it back together. I'm gonna make some more oil today and see how this works, I'll use it for a whole day to see if it leaks and I'll post back here (Y)
  • portbarton
    Wow, you are awesome. I’ve bought one and waiting for it to arrive, but I’ve been really curious as to why they have to use a wick if the coil is ceramic. I know it not the porous ceramic like a ccell, but still... I’m a fan of the ccell, but the form factor of the Rubi/juul is just the best out there. I also read your post that you were thinking of designing a new vape. Maybe the way to go is just to design a better pod? It would be a lot easier and the big money in a lot of products is consumables anyway.
  • VapeCritic
    Maybe the way to go is just to design a better pod?portbarton

Not a bad idea!

So I'm a little delayed here but it seemed to have worked better than I thought...

The pod did not leak at all with the cotton removed, so that must be there mainly for people who are using this with e-liquids.

The oil I made was still a bit on the thick side and it definitely works best with thin oils.

I figured the ceramic heating element was gonna come out black after this but it's actually not in bad shape, it has a mostly amber color to it from the oil.

This got me thinking that if you have a pod filled with oil and it craps out you can technically take it apart and just replace the heating element, it's easy to remove.

Taking apart the pod is pretty easy to figure out and it can all be done from the bottom. Just make sure when you reassemble the pod that you put the parts back in the right direction with the holes lined up, they only work one way.

jkxa1jnrzs4s4xef.jpeg
    6ark5vl1neg7hfag.jpeg
  • portbarton
    That is very cool! Thank you so much for trying this for me. Cotton always gets funky after a while, so I will give it a try without the cotton. The Cora does not use cotton, but it was a too long to fit in my jeans pocket cofortabaly.

I just got notification that my Rubi has arrived. I just need to have to get it forwarded to me (I live in the Philippines). I cant wait!!!
  • TinyTune15
    Any luck with the pods and rewick them I took it apart and it came out in pieces burnt
  • TinyTune15
    Anywhere you can buy the components to fire this pod up instead of paying 10$ plus for each pod ore pay 3 for 20 in the long run replacing the pods with new ones is not cost effective now if you can replace the heating system you save money
  • VapeCritic
    Hey guys got an update for you, I worked a little magic and got us a code for 50% off the pods (exclusive to VL) :100: :100:

Go to KP and add a single pod ($9.95) to your cart, then go to the cart and change the qty you want & put in the promo code STAYUP50 to make them $5 each :ok:
  • Pepe Silvia
    Nice!!!!!! I needed this code 2 weeks ago lol. All good though. Thanks for making it happen for us.
  • Zep4
    Awesome! Thanks Bud!
  • Zep4
    So I’m a little bummed out. I think I lost my Rubi in the grocery store this morning out of a belt case I’d made...badly. Hope someone enjoys it. Sooo, our NETA in Cambridge, Ma. Has a pretty good deal. A Rubi AND a prefilled pod for $75. So it’s off to the republic of Cambridge tomorrow.bnm2jjku295pqdzc.jpeg
  • Pepe Silvia
    A moment of silence for your your bro. On the bright side that’s a awesome find. Please let us know what you think of it.
  • Rockytdogg

Bummer!! May you have extraordinary parking karma tomorrow...

I can see it right now all grimy, covered with hair and floor wax, tucked under some shelving... Now which grocery store was this exactly...?

Might as well go to SIRA, too, and grab a WISP to suck on.... why not??
  • Zep4
    lol...you are too funny! I’m gonna check out SIRA too and that WISP...love to research this stuff:)
    Jack just found my Rubi.
    Yay! Forget NETA...for now.
  • Zep4
    I will Pepe. I already like the Rubi and I’d gotten a Cherry Pie pod for it, which thank God, was not on my lost Rubi. It is awesome stuff. One hit to the moon, lol. Jack has his Rubi so I will survive tho he’s taking it to band practice now and I’m high as a kite after taking 2 hits before he leaves with it.
    Jack JUST FOUND MY RUBI UNDER THE BED so I won’t be going to Cambridge! Yay!
  • Zep4
    Vape Critic on in a few hrs:) HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY !!!
  • Zep4
    Jack just reminded me of the ounce of weed we lost going grocery shopping years ago in a snowstorm. We looked for that bag for weeks as the snow melted, every time we went shopping. Never found it. Hopefully a plow driver did and was full of cheer:) Alas, these mishaps seem to befall us stoners all too frequently.
  • Pepe Silvia
    Three cheers for Jack!!!!!
  • ShooterMcDabbin
    I heard NETA just picked up the RUBI for all their locations. Bye bye Pax Era lol
  • Zep4
    $75 for Rubi AND a ($50) prefilled pod with Distillate. I got their Cherry Pie and 1 “bite” was all I needed:) Gotta get Healthy Pharms next door in Georgetown,Ma. to stock them...if they ever get up and running again. Still closed down per order of Dept. of Health....typically overreacting.
  • Zep4
    Update: Just had a Rubi pod leakvhgx67y03dt0oufi.jpeg
    The hole to the left of the little cap seems to be leaking. Sorry...I wiped it off prior to taking the shot. So this is a bummer as I have 8 more pods still half full and now I fear for them. Will keep y’all updated.
  • John Waltrich
    Yes. KandyPens claim that they’re leak-free is very dubious.
  • Vapedaddy
    I used the rubi a few months back and had to quit because i was loosing so much juice. I use the Wax Liquidizer to make my juice and it has leaked through every rubi pod i have ever had in about 2-4 days. I have emailed the customer service multiple times they would always send me new pods but they have said that the wax liquidizer is the reason it leaks.... Have y'all had better luck?
  • portbarton
    I’ve been using the Rubi for a couple of months. The pods do leak. It is not common, but’s it is not rare either. I had juice leak out 3 times. Two of those however were because I left it in the car in direct sun. And it can get really hot in the car. The third time was just a bad pod. This was over about a 4 month period. I mix my concentrate 1:1 I rate the battery part of the rubi a perfect 10. The pods get a 7. At $5 a pod, I just change the pod at every fill, so no more burnt taste. The reason I even found this thread again was because I was searching for “rubi pod” on google hoping to find a new and improved rubi pod. I love my rubi. The pods not so much.
  • Zep4
    I bought my & my husband ‘s 3 in total Rubis probably about 4 months ago. I got 2 packs of 3 each pods as well. A couple little leaks at the holes in the base of the pods which we wiped. I’ve refilled them numerous times, using sometimes terps, sometimes Wax Liquidizer. Besides the Liquidizer turning brown and separating, all is ok. The FoggFlavorLabs Cutter is still my go to for solvent. I’ve used wax which I’ve pulverized and mixed unheated with terps or Cutter and that’s worked well. I talked to a guy at the dispensary I go to who says you can just squirt in Distillate...$95/gram here. I’ll try that next. Prefilled carts from Rubi are amazingly strong and my mix can’t seem to compete even tho I use high thc wax.
  • Zep4
    Leaking around inside rim. Called KandyPens to inform them and send this video. They are sending replacements.
    sqkdmfn2mvx1lahp.jpeg
  • Cmatz
    Anyone have leaking from the mouth piece?

This is my second full on this pod and I've been getting a lot of spitball from the mouthpiece. Check out the pic below of a tissue I put between the mouth piece and my mouth during the draws.

hc1y134vr63fdiz0.jpg
  • Rockytdogg

What kind of marerial are you trying to run thru it?
  • Cmatz
    @Rockytdogg
    Rosin with wax liquidizer. Thus the poopy color.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    Yah my first Rubi pod leaked a lil’ too, out of the holes on side at bottom … well, more like it wept. But still had a thin residue of oil on the outside. Not good. Going to try a second and see what happens.

Really hoping for a safe & reliable pod solution for oil for travel stealth.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment