• Illinois
    No issues with my Rubi
  • Jeepgirl713
    just found this post in a search. Thank you so much for posting this deal. $10 per pod plus $10 shipping is killing me so this helps. Thanks!
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Just wondering if anybody knew if how haed you haul can affect the longevity of your pod if i haul hard is this going to wick the cotton better? If i haul softer is it wicking less and causing it to burn out?
  • pearchaos
    I went for the same deal and got a Rubi with a pod from NETA Northampton. Love it!!! Except for the pod breaking every five minutes, but the vapor is amazing. I've found that if you make the liquid a little thicker by adding less liquidizer it doesn't leak - at least not so far. I think that's one of the reasons why the pods I get from NETA never leak, as their distillate is so thick. My latest batch seems to be working well, and I used 1 drop EJmix to 0.1g distillate and it came out like a thicker but still movable liquid.
  • pearchaos
    As far as how hard you hit a Rubi goes, I don't think it matters too much, it more matters the consistency of what you're using. For example when I have straight distillate from NETA I need to pull much harder than when I make my homemade ejuice mix with EJmix. In my own experience I've also found that if you prime the pods more often, i.e. before every sesh, it helps the life of the pod and can possibly prevent some spitback. It's not a cure-all fix by any means, but that's just what I've experienced. Hope that helps!
  • Zep4
    g94b37asn25hbpby.jpeg
    I’ve posted this all over the forum..forget the cutter and just shove some shatter in. Roll a bit up and poke it in with a poker. Vape it! I can only fill one side and but it is so easy. Won’t leak. cuz it’s so thick. AWESOME!
  • pearchaos
    I agree that sounds awesome, but if you can't fill the other side it would burn the wick real quick right? I don't wanna be inhaling that lol. I need to learn to take the pods apart to get the cotton out. Then I'm totally gonna try straight shatter. Thank you.
  • Zep4
    No it doesn’t burn the wick. I have not done this on brand new pod but when I Vape it it melts into the other side so I think the wick is fine. And it never tastes burnt.
  • Zep4
    I refill it every couple days and I have use the same couple of pods for months and I have not had any problem I just don’t vape it all the way to the bottom so I always know there’s a little bit left to keep the wick wet.
  • Zep4
    Just try a little bit at first so that you know it’ll work before you fill it up. Then you won’t be so nervous...that’s what I did.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @pearchaos I have really good results with wax liquidizer and cherry oil i mix 1:1 and its great a big blast or a couple puffs and im good for a while. I find that way it saves money too. A pod last me just about a week doing it that way. I put .3 of pure distillate into a pod and it hardly lasted two days i got some cotton puffs and i have alot of residual left. Thats just my experience though hope it helps somebody
  • ColPanic
    I've been using a Rubi for a month now and love it. I'm using two different brands of salt nic: Mr. Salt (vanilla custard) and Hi-Nic (tobacco). The Hi-Nic performs flawlessly. Unfortunately, Mr. Salt turns dark about halfway through the pod accompanied by a burnt taste, a very harsh hit, and a more resistant draw. After the process of elimination (switching pods, juice, battery), the problem is definitely Mr. Salt. So what I have now are 4 pods with bad juice that I originally thought were bad pods. Bottom line, I'm staying away from Mr. Salt.
  • Zep4
    How’d you make out with shatter only in your pod? Try it yet?
  • pearchaos
    Nope not yet, still using the last of my distillate first. When I do I'll def post and let you know how it went! And I was too optimistic about my last batch of homemade ejuice, I didn't cook it long enough and it semi-crystallized when it cooled. Ah well, always next time, right?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @pearchaos how are you making your thc juice??
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Or is this regular eliquid eother way i need more into sounds weird
  • Zep4
    it is such a relief to NOT have to worry about ejuice mixing. The distillate we get from our dispensary costs $85, shatter $60 or 4/$200 so if you do like the shatter it will probably save you some money too. Just made my first edibles ( pot leaf shaped gummies:) and with avb. I posted a picture under Edibles. My hubby and I are digging the heady buzz we’re getting. Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck. It’s easy.
  • pearchaos
    I am using a product called EJmix and the method shown in this video. Although I haven't gotten it right yet, I keep taking it off the heat too early as I'm afraid to overcook it, even though I keep it at 150 Farenheight. Hope this helps you!
  • pearchaos
    Nice! Hope you enjoyed those gummies!!!
  • Zep4
    With us all vaping, we’re all getting tons of avb. It only makes sense to do something with it, to get additional buzzes for our money. I’m really happy with the gummies I made. If you’ve got a Magic Butter Machine, people, it’s a big help. Enjoy the buzz:)
  • Zep4
    I have had it with putting just shatter in the Rubi pod. I’ve gotten disappointed with the relative wispiness of vapor produced. I’ve also tried some of the cutters and just don’t like the process of making the ejuice with less than ideal results. My new Sai gives such nice hits and the taste is so good. So I just threw some HAZELnut ej ino the Rubi pods,after digging out what shatter I could and I’ll enjoy the pods that way. Sorry my way didn’t work out guys:( FYI, the ej vapes great in the Rubi, so I do highly endorse it for that.
  • Ana linvader
    I need help opening up the rubi from the top ..there's no vids how ..I find it so hard to get the distillate inside
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Ana linvader if you are using syringes check these out they should fit onto most syringes even the glass ones do some looking into it to see whats best for your needs.100pack 18G 1.2-38mm Syringe Luer Lock Needles Dispensing Needles/Industrial Syringe Needle/Syringe Blunt Needle tip fit Various Syringe https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GZ9W1NC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bXF8BbN64Q7NJ
  • Freedomshocked
    Hey there!

I am looking at getting a Rubi exclusively for CBD vape juice and had a question for y'all.

I really like the look of the pen, the functionality, and esp the size, as I intend to use the CBD for frequent anxiety, I'd love something this small and slick to keep on me all the time.

But... How in the world is this thing cost effective when it seems (as I understand it) that the little pods have to be completely replaced every 7-10 fills?? Have I misunderstood something? Can the pods not be cleaned? Or the cotton changed? I really, really would like this little thing, but I am strapped, budget wise, so I need to be mindful of hidden costs.

Any help here would be very, very appreciated. Thank you!
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Freedomshocked bud had a coupon code because hes the man! i dont see it listed though @VapeCritic rubi pods still good? I just ordered 12 with it a couple weeks ago i hope it wasnt my last order lol im on a tight budget too i use nicotine for my anxiety might be a good thing.
  • Freedomshocked
    Hey, @Tyedyesamuraiguy- Thank you for taking the time time to respond!

I guess my main concern is that with how often the pods must be completely replaced, the whole thing will become prohibitively expensivse real damn quick. Has that not been the case, in your experience?

I'm so used to my cheap little T-Priv box mod for actual e-juice, with very simple tank care and only the occasional coil replacement, it was a little shocking to me that the Rubi, that seems to be to highly rated... Everywhere... Has a tank that must be swapped out after not all that many fills.

Do you have any idea why it must be replaced and not just cleaned, by chance?

Thank you very much for your time and help. I truly appreciate it.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Freedomshocked I can get about 10 max usually around 7 or 8 depends how much you can stand the taste and lack of vapour quality after so many refills. I was supprised to find out that they use cotton as well as ceramic I thought it was just ceramic which would make the pods last a whole lot longer the reason they dont last as long is the cotton degrads after being heated x amount of times. A coil for a box mod has more cotton so it takes longer for this to happen. What you should know though is the liquid that the rubi is meant to use is nic salt it is highly concentrated 50mg/ml is the highest i have seen. For me this means that 1 ml will last me a day or two. I can make a pod last almost two weeks time. With a box mod a coil could last me months. I prefer nic salt though i really like the throat hit but at lower levels it is much smoother. I just came across an intresting e cig device if that is what you are after it is the teslacigs gg check it out dude, its got a phone app and something called gravity induction boost i cant find any information on. the device is around 40 dollars and three pods is around 10 considerably cheaper with the rubi your paying for it to hold thick concentrate oils. I have been using the airistech headbanger for my concentrates. I will be purchasing this tesla when i run out of rubi pods. Prob a hard post to read through as mine usually are lol hope it helped a little though.
  • Freedomshocked
    Helped immensely! Thank you!
  • towelie
    Man Rubi sucks compared to the ALD Amaze VFire. This uses ceramic and man does it hit!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet