• BudsofWar
    I've only had coil n pid 24 hrs, most of which has been spent coil arranging, cooking, arguing..... and Vaping some mystery dank, so I think it's just about getting it dialled in, just now i changed the routine a lil n it was perfect n I'm perfectly stoned, ill try same again next time
  • Alexis
    I just turned it on today for the first time:
    Y3iZNfI.jpg
    Straight to set temp and not even budging. If it stays like this then that confirms it. Keep those coils close and uniformly apart for optimum performance.
  • MAbud

Which coil are you using? I’ve just ordered that same PID with 20mm coil for Flowerpot but would like to add an additional coil for Elev8r
  • Alexis
    This one here bruv:
    https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-3-sizes-coil-10mm-16mm-20mm/409000932.html
    Cheap, the seller seems to be on the ball. Works as advertised. Except this one won't work with the FP controller, diff pin layout. Go direct to Newvape, or maybe Vapecode can offer one from China?

I have the Auber rdk-300.

Edit- misread. If you have the rdk-300 coming then this coil will work. However make sure you ask very clearly for the correct pin layout for the controller. They offer 2 types of pin layout.
  • Drew420
    I have the 16 mm coil from New vape. Spread it apart a little to fit the Elev8r
  • AndY Noth
    Wait.. what... I buy myself a new lighter.. and NOW you guys come with some coil device??! MANN!
    Please inform??!

-- edit: hmm okay PID controllers and coils ey... some more exact info before I buy myself some china defect?
  • BudsofWar
    i have mine set at 666c ..... and then work up from that. i think i have it all dialled in now and im loving it
  • LabPong
    Alexis
    i have mine set at 666c ..... and then work up from that. i think i have it all dialled in now and im loving it
    BudsofWar

I use mine at 665.....had it at 668 but felt keeping the demons away was important. :monkey:
  • BudsofWar
    i like to invite the demons in to play.....hehe
  • Baron23
    I speculate only, but the thermocouple is in the very tip of the coiland perhaps if it was not in solid contact w the vape, then perhaps ambient air cooled it too much and the controller thought it needed to keep feeding it juice.

The coil should really NEVER glow like that.

I only mention this because they also make straight rod cartridge heaters that have no coils so no proximity to other parts of the heater yet they also work just fine w PID controllers.
  • Alexis
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. This stuff is all new to me Im only able to guess really. I have wondered about what you have suggested. Whatever I did by closing the coils has made all the difference. Rock solid performance all day temp wise. And all I did was push the outer coils in a bit, but the ID stayed roughly the same.

I just used 675 in the small bowl and a few very large hits has wrecked me in a nice and smooth way. Fixing a late meal now- baked sweet potato, haddock black olives and smooth peanut butter. It may sound odd but it totally works, with coconut oil and cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne etc.

Sorry...yes I'll keep thinking about the coil. I dont like it glowing either. It does it in open air currently but not on the vape. I may try bending the tip in and see.
  • AndY Noth
    Oh boy this coil thing is waking me up!!!!
  • LabPong
    Andy, while heating up my Elev8r coil to do a session, I was recalling one of your pic's recently that showed you put the coil over the heater "upside down".....(handle into the coil was on top).

Just for the heck of it I tried doing that after my first heat up draw. As soon as I put my coil on the heater the opposite way....handle up......the temps dropped dramatically on the controller. I mean....instantly. I also noticed that it got much more red and hot looking upon the heat up surge.

I think the heat sensor is like Baron mentioned....at the top or towards the tip end of the coil. I do not see how this could make such a dramatic effect otherwise. I actually squeezed my coil just a bit closer to see if I got any diff in heat consistency from what I have been getting....its bout the same. I think you need to keep the coil wraps close to each other to get much more consistent heat. But this is my experience with the RDK300 and Auber's coil.

But either way, does not change the way I use the coil on the Eleva8r. I do not mind waiting 30-60 seconds of "coil on heater" time to get my draws out of it.....usually 3 draws this way....with a torch I would only get 2.
  • BudsofWar
    how many mm is each coil separated by?
  • Alexis
    I would say 2.5 to 3 mm guess. But they are now uniform distance apart which may be key.

@LabPong one of us is tripping here man haha! As far as I am aware, @AndY Noth has not even used a coil yet. Are you sure you have not mistaken his identity with my own? If that isn't the case, then I am tripping. If it is, then I am innocent ha! :wink:

But yeah it can make a difference which way up you put it, but at times it has not seemed to make a difference. All a bit foggy right now anyhow. I dont remember much of the previous days after waking up currently tbh, and last week- what does that even mean?
  • LabPong
    LabPong one of us is tripping here man haha! As far as I am aware, AndY Noth has not even used a coil yet. Are you sure you have not mistaken his identity with my own?Alexis

Oooops......I meant Alexis....not Andy..so sorry. I was 420 hungover....
  • Alexis
    all good thanks for confirming that both of us are in fact still sane (?) and that the touted Mandela Effect has not suddenly swept into full swing!

Crikes, I forgot it was even 4/20. Like I say it's all a blur, but in a nice renewed, set free kind of way.
  • BudsofWar
    I have mine at around 3mm apart too, I think I'm dialled in now with the set up i'm using. I have to say bro that yr posts have been very helpful, and others too, I thank you all.

After experimentation I've found that with my set up and my style of vaping it's best to set my PID to 700F. My coil is permanently wrapped round my Elev8r so it's heating while i grind and fill. The Elev8r then goes on my bowl and enjoys a heat soak while i put the kettle on and make a brew. (milk & 2 sugars)

Mannnnnnnnnnnn that 1st pull......that taste my nommy nommy nommy goodness nom nom nom tasty as fuk. I'll have a temp drop of around 20 degrees, i give it 30 secs then pull again. Wow, clouds man tasty tasty clouds, and i'm floating with them clouds. I can pull on it like i can my desk top every 15/20 secs or so, satisfaction every time and man it lasts forever.......my only issue is if i shake as soon as i finish a draw then i lose 50 degrees, other then that i'm losing around 15/20 degrees a draw. I can certainly live with that.

Honestly I highly recommended the Elev8r with a coil and PID to everyone. I cant get over what this piece of glass is doing to me, I haven't been this stoned for a long time. A piece of glass man, wow....
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment