• LabPong
    The only issue you might have is reduced air flow....not sure how that works out though as it seems hard to get the balls in there with all the deep pinches....but....I have not stuffed any in there yet..haaa

I was always thinking about this...but just never did it. Thanks for bringing this up!
  • martinstraka8282
    I tried this, as well as filling the G43's bowl with the glass balls to try to get enough heat to transfer to my Elev8r bowl to produce vapor, but no such luck.

I don't know what you're doing differently with your G & Elev8r bowl @LabPong and others, but I can't seem to get mine to do much of anything no matter what I try. A very light hit or two is about the best I can get, and even then it just feels like heat in my throat than any vapor.

Direct bowl loading in the G with the same herb works fine, but put it in my Elev8r bowl and I get nothing regardless of heat up time, wattage, water piece, draw strength, battery level, etc. I've killed an entire battery trying to get vapor with no luck, so I empty the bowl directly in to the G and it's like a fresh, bright green bowl giving me big hits.
  • Dr green thumb

It sounds like you possibly may not be getting a good seal. I'd try putting a little bees wax on you glass joints and see if that helps. Also make sure your screens are clean.
  • BestBuds

Yes you do need to be careful about the balls falling out of the top of the Elev8r. I lost 2 of them shaking it to mix the herb. :lol:

@LabPong the air flow is a little reduced but not bad at all. I got the glass balls in the Elev8r my removing the screen and pouring them in. If one gets stuck just give the Elev8r a light flick. Don't forget to plug the top hole with a finger so you don't loose any balls.

I imagine this would be amazing with a coil!
  • martinstraka8282
    Thanks. Good suggestion, I can't really think of much else at this point, since my G seems to operate as normal with direct loading..

I have some beeswax, so I'll try it out tonight.
  • LabPong
    It sounds like you possibly may not be getting a good seal.Dr green thumb

I think that is the only other possibility here.....good call Dr. ! :up:
  • martinstraka8282
    @Dr green thumb@LabPong
    Well, I tested it out last night again. I'm getting perfect seals on the glass after blow tests.

Turns out the problem was right there in front of me the whole time and I was having what I'd say was a bit of a stoner moment (at least if the one bowl I tested last night is an indication, I'll have to try it out some more this weekend to confirm) I use my Arizer EQ in my vape kit as my G43 stand right now and I was preheating it in that while the Elev8r bowl sat in my water piece or J hook. Last night it dawned on me to have the G in the loaded Elev8r bowl during heat up and I had a solid session right away. I don't know why it took this long to figure that out lol.

Thanks for your help figuring this out. I was getting pretty discouraged after buying a $40 bowl for this purpose exclusively.
  • LabPong
    Thanks for your help figuring this out. I was getting pretty discouraged after buying a $40 bowl for this purpose exclusively.martinstraka8282

:love:
  • LabPong
    Ok.....yesterday I tried putting G43 balls in my Elev8R boro heater. I filled it up to the bottom of the top pinch. This way the balls would not fall out if tipped 45 degrees or so.

Results with a coil at 560F......(normally use 580F).

First thing......def adds some draw restriction. Taste was degraded....not sure if because of all the balls or also putting the screen back in the heater. I normally do not use the screen in the heater, and the balls were ISO'd and rinsed prior to using.

I will not use like this again as it was a very different experience with taste, didn't mind the draw restriction as much.

I would of had to also turn down the heat just a bit more...maybe another 10-15 degrees. It was too hot at my normal 586F setting.

End of experiment....haaaa
  • BestBuds
    yeah that was my thought too. :lol: it was an interesting experience but it made a great vape not that good at all.
  • LabPong
    Actually, I did think about trying again...but only with rosin on the health stone. But the taste problem makes me think twice.
189101112Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet