• LabPong
    My coil has never turned bright red like I have seen others when their loops are spread apart.Drew420

Mine does not either...which heater do you use with a coil?
  • Drew420
    The heater is the one that comes with the Elve8r. The glass numb that the coil goes around. I'm assuming you mean PID. I have two from Newvape and one from Auber
  • LabPong
    The heater is the one that comes with the Elve8r. The glass numb that the coil goes around. I'm assuming you mean PID. I have two from Newvape and one from AuberDrew420

I use the 15.8mm one from auber with my 300rdk.

By which heater.....i meant do you have a boro or quartz version? They will heat/cool slightly different.
  • Magestral
    If this is a dumb idea as a heating solution then I am guilty as charged. I haven't used one in probably 20 years so I could easily be missing a horribly obvious reason why using an electric heat gun as an alternative to a butane torch couldn't be an option?
  • Terpenetime
    I could easily be missing a horribly obvious reason why using an electric heat gun as an alternative to a butane torch couldn't be an option?Magestral

I’m no expert on electric heat guns but I doubt they would be powerful enough for the Elev8r. The flame on something like the Blazer Big Shot is 2,500 degrees F and it has a precision point.
  • LabPong
    I could easily be missing a horribly obvious reason why using an electric heat gun as an alternative to a butane torch couldn't be an option? — Magestral

I’m no expert on electric heat guns but I doubt they would be powerful enough for the Elev8r. The flame on something like the Blazer Big Shot is 2,500 degrees F and it has a precision point.
    Terpenetime

I tell ya what guys/gals......I did not really think to do this....but I use industrial heat guns at work. I too would not think it is enough heat....but maybe.....the industrial heat guns get damn hot.

I will do a test with this maybe today as I have to go to work for a bit. I will let you all know what happens. I will try a vapcap too.
  • Magestral
    @Terpenetime may be right but it won't hurt to give it a try! I look forward to hearing the results of your test @LapPong. I just bought an Elev8r & a Dynavap Ti Xl. Okay, and a V-rod too. I think I may need some professional help for my VAS. It was just too hard to resist the BF & cyber-Monday sales. It helped that I already own an Auber that's been collecting dust. I've only tried the Dynavap so far but am quite pleased! Don't have V-rod yet. The torch that came with the package got too low on fuel or just crapped out after only 2 Vapcaps tho. Finally got really good torch & fluid today. Really looking forward to trying out the Elev8r! Sorry if I veered off topic a bit & hopefully this reply posts right. I'm fairly new to posting on the forum & not sure how to use all the tools yet. Thx all!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment