• Baron23
    haha...that makes no sense at all! LOL

If OTH is set for a 150 watt coil it is set to be able to use more current than would be available if set for a 100 watt coil.

So, running a 150 watt coil with the lower available current from a 100 watt High Output Limit setting should indeed result in longer heat up times

But running a 100 watt coil with the higher available current from a 150 watt High Output Limit setting should result in faster heat up times, perhaps a bit of overshoot, and more stress on the 100 watt coil.

I do understand you are just reporting what Auber said, but I think perhaps they are not understanding correctly as this just makes no sense to me.....ah, it will just have to remain one of life's little mysteries! LOL
  • gratefulabe
    My take on it is that I don’t think the settings change the current, it’s just part of the PID calculation, if you tell it you have a 150 watt coil, it assumes it will respond quicker than a 100 watt coil, if you use that setting on a 100 watt coil it’ll just heat up slower.
  • BestBuds
    I put some G43 balls in and then took them out because my bottom screen didn't look secure. So I put a new screen in and made sure it was quite snug. Put the glass balls back in and turned it down 10°. :scream: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! :love:
  • Hapo

...I wish I had thought to order some when I got the G43 stand...fuk...
  • BestBuds
    The only reason I don't recommend it to others is because if that screen falls out it's like blazing hot buck shot on your lap or floor. :scream:
  • nonamekevin
    @BestBuds how full did you fill the heater? I filled it as much as possible with glass beads, and it felt like drawing through a coffee stir straw, compared to the free flow draw without beads.
  • BestBuds
    I keep the coil as low as I can comfortably. And the beads are filled only just past the top of the coil. The draw restriction is like a TM now. Very nice. :up:
  • nonamekevin
    @BestBuds maybe because my daily is still my sticky brick runt, the free flow draw of the elev8r is what keeps me coming back. That also might be why I run my coil at 815, cause I draw pretty fast? I'll give it a shot.
  • gratefulabe
    Have any of you compared it directly to a Flowerpot? I went with that for ease of use for the others in my family, but it’s got me curious.
  • BestBuds
    I've not had them side by side. Infact my flowerpot use was one session more than 6 months ago.
    I don't think you will be disappointed with the FP unless you taste metal and prefer glass.
    I think they are different but both are amazingly great.
  • gratefulabe
    I’m not disappointed at all. I got a Runt two weeks before that and just can’t get consistent results. The Weedeater has been amazing, very repeatable results and simple for others to use.
  • Hapo

...with the Elev8r you do not have to move as much air as the flowerpot...

...the flowerpot seems a bit more awkward and bulky...

...you need to sort out your own E Nail and a stand with the Elev8r...

...other than that they seem very similar to me...
  • mmx
    I'm definitely pulling the trigger on Elev8r for 420. I also want to get a reliable torch, who will get the job done, but not too expensive. What are your thoughts on Big Buddy Torch by Blazer? Or something similar in that price range and in EU... Hit me up :cheer: Thankssss
  • Terpenetime
    @mmx I have the Big Buddy and it works just fine with an Elev8r. There’s absolutely no need to spend over twice as much on a Big Shot :100:

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/big-buddy-torch-by-blazer?_pos=1&_sid=f6c220043&_ss=r
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment