• juxt
    I know what you mean about going through bud like nobody's business, I vape it like it's going extinct tomorrow :roll: lolVapeCritic

Dude, I meant to start another thread the other day but was reading here and saw your note so thought I would ask: Tolerance, how bad is yours? what do you do? Frankly mine is so high that I'm worried, and with the Elev8r it's a great vape, but so time consuming to change loads and reconnect and reheat, even with the enail mod, just too slow.
  • Alexis
    I empathize entirely with this view. Besides the torching which I hope to eliminate soon when my new coil arrives, somewhat awkward, fiddly and time-consuming access to the load is the Elev8r's biggest downside.
    However when I bought it I never envisaged it as being a daily driver more as a spontaneous and random usage bit of fun although I never anticipated it would be such an excellent vaporizer in terms of what it delivers.
    As a result of it offering vastly superior vapor and effects to my other current options it has been my daily driver for 3 months now alongside the vapcap.
    But when I get my Herborizer I expect to use the Elev8r more flexibly and occasionally as an excellent compliment with its own signature and effects. This way the nuisance aspect becomes less of an issue and I hope it will be easier to keep the ritual fun and fresh.
  • juxt

Hey I know your situation and can totally understand how it would be highly preferable for you, and I don't want to denigrate it at all it's a great vape, clean and powerful. It's just with the GS and the FP, I only bring ou the elev8r when I'm sharing with others ;)
  • Magicman
    This is way more crack pipey than the sticky brick.
  • BobCat
    But less crack pipey than a Vapcap
  • LabPong
    This is way more crack pipey than the sticky brick.Magicman

No...sucking in butane is more cracky....lol

The reason I luv my Elev8r....is how clean and pure it is.
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Yeah, I think inhaling whilst directing torch feels most cracky. I've seen my girlfriend looking concerned (and not about whether I was about to combust :wink:) whilst I dial in a Flip Brick hit :lol:

EDIT: Having said that I wait until she's gone to bed before bringing the Elev8r out!
  • AndY Noth

No joke, but try combining your vape sessions with a good tea (mint, hibiscus, white sage, lemon and especially yerba mate). The drink herbs will tell you somewhat about what the medication is doing to your body. When the vape is not doing what you expect but the body seems to desire the whole time, it could point out to one of the organs.
    Next step is more excercising to sweat out the build up of toxins. Stretch and breath. Meditate.

Stay healthy.
  • BudsofWar
    73nzoixy7agyy3w6.jpg
    my nubby heater arrived yesterday,
    just waiting for PID n coil now tick tock
  • Cl4ud3
    Mine was as nubless as an action man. I've not stretched my coil as far as others yet, still playing around with this, but I have used a paper clip in 2 of the indents to hold the coil steady.

hoii05c18eb42vdm.jpg
  • Alexis
    Good thinking! Do let us know how testing goes and what the performance and temp stability is like in particular.
    There has been some substantial variation in temp drops during between hits among diffetent experimenters so far. Like 50° drops each hit, compared to just a few degrees.

Bud's setup was more in the middle, as are others I believe.
    It may be strongly controller related to do with the settings. One user suggested this, that his (Hex-nai or Hi-5) controller was tuned for the FP in a way that caused the 50° drop.

But I noticed he had spread his coil apart quite a long way. The user reporting very minor drops- hardly stretched the coil at all and left it a very snug fit. He also has no nub but the coil seems to grip on okay.

So see if your temps stay more stable, then if you do stretch it more watch for changes. A good chance for some science! I have a coil coming from China. Im gonna text ut first this tine, then do a minimal stretch to start see how it goes. My arms seriously hurt now from too much torching!
  • Cl4ud3
    Like 50° drops each hit, compared to just a few degrees.Alexis

First few goes I had big drops and a glowing coil trying to get back to temp but when I left it heatsoak a bit longer the temp didn't drop so much. Now I will need to test that again properly because it could be a number of other factors but currently I have too many vapes and little time :D I will keep you informed.
  • AndY Noth
    Alright here goes.. how the heck do I correctly flame this thing? Bought a 1300c torch and having a hard time getting a decent hit.. d0h... why are simple things so hard.... Better torch with a bigger flame?

@VapeLifeX Thank You for the discount :D
  • LabPong
    Alright here goes.. how the heck do I correctly flame this thing? Bought a 1300c torch and having a hard time getting a decent hit.. d0h... why are simple things so hard.... Better torch with a bigger flame?AndY Noth

You need a bigger torch. Something like the Blazer Big Buddy Turbo.
  • AndY Noth
    Awesome! Thanks alot
  • Other Side
    This works excellent for me. About 30 second's heat time on the first cycle and 15 seconds each after that.
  • AndY Noth
    Hmmm 2500F is same as 1300C.. my lighter should be right..
  • Rockytdogg
    my lighter should be right..AndY Noth

Which lighter is this...?
  • Other Side
    I have found that the listed specs mean nothing. Biggest advantage of the Blazer products is flame size.
  • AndY Noth
    Right, this is helpful!
  • ChlorophyllMan
    hey man, as the others say, you need a bigger flame.
    You can't 'paint' the heater quickly enough with a small flame. It'd be like painting a door with an artist's brush instead of a decorators brush.
    I use the Big Buddy and have never needed it higher than the lowest setting. The hottest part of the flame is the very tip of the brightest blue part, if you want to minimize heating time with a given flame setting.
    Let us know once you get elev8d man, my mouth waters at the thought of those incredible flavours :razz:
  • Aj85
    hey I just wanted to say my Elev8r arrived yesterday and my Dremel 2200 Versa Flame torch isn’t powerful enough either. Despite the fact it can heat up the Sublimator Eliminator (all titanium but quite a large mass) in 30 seconds and having a sizeable flame.

I’m having to heat the Elev8r for around 2-2.5 minutes to achieve the level of extraction I’m looking for and re-heats are taking me about 1-1.5 mins.

I’ve decided to pack it away till I get a Blazer Big Shot GT 8000. I’ve wanted one for a while now anyway as it definitely seems to be the best blow torch around.

I can understand your disappointment in having to buy a bigger torch after just buying the vaporizer. It’s definitly a con I’ll be sharing with any friends who show interest in the Elev8r as it adds to the overall cost of the unit. Especially as some people I know are already intimidated by using the Dremel torch I already own. Lol

All the best,

Aj.
  • Baron23
    This is what you need, mate! LOL

636529232520365616-IonaboutImage2016.jpg
  • Other Side
    we took the exact same torch path. I had the Dremel as well and upgraded to the Big Shot. I would not have been happy to spend $70 on the big shot but I got it for a hair over $40 on Amazon so that was easier to swallow.

It makes a world of difference for my Supreme 3 as well so money well spent!
  • AndY Noth
    Okay, I solved it partially with this one.
    It has 4 jets so it beats the versions with one lighter. And when I focus the 4 become one.
    However, we're stll not there yet! I'm liking the option you guys are showing. I'll look into the Big Shot.

I notice that heating it while you vape also gives you somewhat of idea where to focus the torch on the device in order for the temp. to rise.
    Hmmm because it's rather difficult to heat the container it's easier with more filling. If there was a nice way of ligting this you could get maximum out minimum amount of herb.

Also, the herb is good enough to combust in a paper after vaped. I don't have that with my volcano.

Pro's cons.. Hmmm it's all about not being able to heat this thing correctly....
  • Aj85
    haha. Yes, I need one of those to do the weeds in my garden. Lol

I was surprised the Dremel wasn’t powerful enough when it heats the Sublimator Eliminator in around 30 seconds for full extraction of a .2 of herb and a decent sized dab.

It was even hot enough to heat treat and colour my Sublimator Eliminator (although I’ve never taken any pictures of the Eliminator since I did so) It looks awesome full of red, gold, purple and blue colours I purposely left the handles and the handle of the carb cap polished sillver.

I’ve always been pretty happy with the Dremel 2200 until now.

I’ve put the Elev8r away for now. It’s a shame too as I found the perfect little grav labs j-hook pipe to use it with.

The cheapest I’ve found the Big Shot for in the U.K. is about £60 but it’ll work on the Sublimator Eliminator as well as the elev8r so it’ll be worth it in the end.

I don’t have any real experience (tried a friends once and he did everything for me) with the supreme V3 so I can’t really comment on that one.

I was lead to believe the Sublimator Eliminator was stronger hitting but the Supreme V3 wins on flavour.

Thanks for confirming the Blazer Big Shot is probably the best option for me.

All the best,

Aj.
  • ChlorophyllMan
    heya Aj, the Blazer Big Buddy will perform just as well as the Big Shot. You can get one from Vapefiend for £35 inc delivery, maybe even cheaper this Friday. If you already knew sorry for banging on about it again. :smile:
  • Aj85
    thanks for the information. :up:

I’m a regular Vapefiend customer and have been for over 6 yrs they’re a great company to deal with.

I was aware of the Big Buddy and it’s price however I’ve also heard that they don’t perform the same as the Big Shot from other people though I’m not sure exactly how or if they just meant duration etc.

I also feared spending less and it not performing well enough for my needs but after reading your posts saying you’ve only needed to used the lowest setting with the Elev8r and the price difference I’m going to have to think about it.

Thanks again.

All the best,

Aj.
  • ChlorophyllMan
    yeah, for the Elev8r it's great. I don't use it for anything else though. 20 second heat up (I draw pretty slowly) with about 7 second top-ups. I don't think the Big Shot would be any quicker than that.
    Enjoy man! :smile:
  • Aj85
    The other main worry I have is I’ve got a bit of a bad hand and I’ve heard the Big Shot is actually much easier to light and easier to use as a free standing burner.

I’ve also heard that the Big Shot has about a 20% larger flame. The build quality is also said to be much higher with the Big Shot vs the Big Buddy.

So a bit to think about but I’ll definitely pick up one of the two this weekend from Vapefiend.

All the best,

Aj.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube