• ChlorophyllMan
    Ah, okay, @Alexis also prefers the Big Shot for hand manipulation reasons.
    Makes sense. :up:
  • Aj85
    yeah, it’s part of my dilemma, but I was happy with my Dremel till now despite being hard to ignite one handed.

I don’t like the sound of the Big Shots fuel consumption either.

At least buying from Vapefiend I know they’ll let me exchange it if I don’t get on with my first choice.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Other Side
    Warning. Big shot is a butane hog and it's loud. But personally I still think it's worth it.
  • LabPong
    Go for the Blazer Big Buddy Turbo....uses less gas than the Big Shot and you only need to put it on its lowest setting anyway. In the US....I scored 2 off the bay for $27 each.
  • Alexis
    Big shot is far easier for me personally to ignite. The Big Buddy was a no go due to hand/wrist RSI and tendonitis, plus general weakness.

But the Big Shot is also very heavy and cumbersome in handheld operation. If the Big Buddy was easier to ignite, I would enjoy the experience of Elev8ing more.
    I also feel that it is easier to get consistently smooth and tasty vapor with the Big Buddy. The lowest flame IS all that is necessary, and is best in fact. The lowest flame on the Big Shot is still bigger, and maybe a bit different possibly- like a power shower. Yeah makes some noise for sure.

Im not trying to knock the Big Shot, but I think I would prefer the performance (vapor production) and handling of the Big Buddy if it didn't injure me to ignite it.
    Aj did you ever see this thread on FC comparing these 2 torches?
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/blazer-big-shot-vs-big-buddy.26383/
  • Sebastian
    Ok this is such an amazing vape. It's pure, dangerous and ultra effective!
    The 100 bucks r really ok (it's made in USA!), although it's not gonna be my daily driver. I think this type of ultra hot glass is a delicious experience but I know I would get injured with normal usage. Being medicated you really need to pay attention...
  • ChlorophyllMan
    heya Sebastian. Looking at the vapes you own I don't blame you for this not becoming your daily driver! :smile:
    It really is quite unbelievably delicious and I'm sure you'll find suitable moments to treat yourself, especially when you get new flower strains. In fact I reckon you could probably even distinguish between similar phenotypes with the Elev8r.
    Have fun man! :up:
  • Aj85
    Thanks for all the the advice.

I will read the F.C. thread you linked shortly. Thanks!

Only one of my hands is bad (nerve damage, very little sensation, muscle weakness and spastistacy after a botched operation and a T.I.A) the other hand is fine so as long as I can light it with my good hand.....

Also, it won’t cause me injury to try and light it, just discomfort and the inability to light it with my dominant hand.

So I think I will try the smaller, cheaper and more fuel efficient Big Buddy option first.

I intend to use it more as a stationary burner and hold whatever I’m heating to the burner with my good hand once I’ve ignited it, rather than holding the blow torch in my bad hand (risking serious injury WHEN I drop it) and my vape and waterpiece in my good hand so I won’t drop them.

That’s how I have to use the the Dremel torch I have now with my Sublimator Eliminator.

It’s just my Dremel takes 2-3 mins with the Elev8r so now I need.........

“MORE POWER OH HO HO HO!”

wtxe10skzck0mvlx.jpeg

Thanks again!

All the best,

Aj.
  • AndY Noth
    Ahhhh I don't know what to think and what to do with this device... It's perfect up until the heating module...
    Yeah okay maybe we need to keep buying bigger and more special torches, but as I see it, it's all about the heating knob not doing it's proper work.
    You all probably have noticed that there is a small air hole in the heating knob. If you direct the flame there (you can hear that the torch is flaming a small tunnel by the change of sound) and there you go, ALMOST combusting your herb. But YOU CAN TASTE BUTANE!!!
    You guys keep repeating that it is so tasty.. and I'm starting to disbelieve this whole device...

Also I can only hit the device properly when I hold the flame on the heating knob while vaping...
    Something is causing the herb to heat more proper when you suck/pull and torch at the same time.
    :'(
  • LabPong
    Ahhhh I don't know what to think and what to do with this device... It's perfect up until the heating module...
    Yeah okay maybe we need to keep buying bigger and more special torches, but as I see it, it's all about the heating knob not doing it's proper work.
    You all probably have noticed that there is a small air hole in the heating knob. If you direct the flame there (you can hear that the torch is flaming a small tunnel by the change of sound) and there you go, ALMOST combusting your herb. But YOU CAN TASTE BUTANE!!!
    You guys keep repeating that it is so tasty.. and I'm starting to disbelieve this whole device...

Also I can only hit the device properly when I hold the flame on the heating knob while vaping...
    Something is causing the herb to heat more proper when you suck/pull and torch at the same time.
    :'(
    AndY Noth

If you do not have the right sized torch....you will have issues and not get the results we all are getting.

Do not aim the torch in the intake hole of the heater, dude....your sucking butane wither you taste it or not!

Basically, you need to flash heat the glass heater to a high level of heat.....those little torches you show are not enough power even if it has 3-4 jets....just too small of flame mass.
  • seaofgreens
    I highly recommend a propane plumbers torch for these type of vapes. I use it on my Supreme v3 all the time. I recommend it because you are torching a heatsink in a similar manner to the SV3 so you won't be inhaling while flame is active, and the fuel costs are about 1/10th that of butane, so one $4 bottle of gas lasts you months of everyday usage.
  • juxt

LabPong is correct, you should not be using the lighter while hitting. Have you not watched any videos of how they do it? You have to heat the glass 'heater' by turning it in the flame until the glass causes the blue tip of the flame to burn consistently yellowish on each of the 4 indents where the nubs punch into the inside chamber. The interior blue flame of the torch should be nearly touching the glass heater surface. ONLY heat the outside of the device. DON'T heat the glass to where it's glowing. Only after you're done heating the glass do you draw. You should be able to get a couple of good rips at least, depending on how big a draw you do and how much air cooling happens on the heater.

Everyone else is right I have the Big Buddy and it works GREAT with this vape, in about 30 seconds it's ready to rock. I also have a Blazer gb4000 which works sufficiently, but takes about 1:10 to get there. A small pocket torch can get there, but it won't be as consistent or easy to get all 4 of the prongs to be heated optimally.
  • AndY Noth
    Right okay I get the point.. but the prices of these torches are no joke. Not just that... still in development as it seems because they are so rare. Once more: they could solve this. If it's just the glass that needs to be heated in order for the herb in the container below it, to become hot enough..
    I could imagine some clams that could heat.. nothing fancy.. girls use stuff like that to straighten the hair.. a similar device could heat up the knob..
    I mean this isn't rocket science, but the torches we need in order for the (pretty large) glass knob to heat up evenly are just dangerous.. no joke.
  • juxt
    I looked it up, the 'StingRay' is totally sufficient for this and check out that metal body construction: Amazon GB4001

One other thing to consider is the method Bud tried, putting a 16MM enail barrel coil around it. That works sufficiently well also, but having a big open enail at ~600F hanging out isn't the safest option either.
  • AndY Noth
    This is driving me nuts all day...
    Finally decided, after today's forum discussion, I should return all the torches I bought, and get this Gt8000... oke here comes: does not ship to europe..
    Come on this is getting ridiculous.
  • Philly
    I got a great vector torch for $50 from.my local head shop. Works great. 30 to 40 sec heat up time.
  • AndY Noth
    Blazer 189-8010 Big Buddy Turbo Torch, Black, does ship to europe.... is it really the one I need?
    I'll buy that one otherwise.

# finger on the buy button for the first one to acknowledge.. #
  • AndY Noth
    I'll be back when medicated.. har har
  • ChlorophyllMan
    hey man, I'm in the UK. This Big Buddy torch is a perfect match for the Elev8r, £35 and free delivery:
    https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/big-buddy-torch-by-blazer
    There is no way that this torch will not give you excellent results, it probably should have been bundled in with the Elev8r, at least as an option.
  • juxt
    That's it also.
  • BudsofWar
    my PID & coil arrived today....on 420.....how happy am i.....its fukking amazing. elev8r is something else wow
  • Alexis
    i've had mine rocking a few days. Man been so medicated. But Im having an annoying issue now with my coil not reaching set temp on the rdk-300. It started off 2 daya ago bang on and steady. I waa amazed at the performance and accuracy.
    But my coil was still a little too tight so I loosened it slifghtly. Now it is very strange the last 2 days. It stops 50-90° short of set temp.
    But somwtimes it gets to temp and once there is solid as a rock. Other times I am puzzling as to why it isnt heating fully- playing with the coil, angle, turn other way up, rotate, remove and replace etc.

Nothing happens then Bingo! It starts jumping up in heat, reaches stable temp and remains good, barely dropping during long hits, back up quick.
    Next session it wont heat up again. No idea what's up. It has to be the coil. Maybe the fit is too loose now? Here are a few pics. Notice the 2 middle coils are red.
    GUzHkRX.jpg
    9YfKi1I.jpg
    These 2 above- I turned the coil this way up as it was sitting way below temp. The temps dropped this way up and the 2 middle coils went and stayed red but the temo stayed steady at minus 100° plus.
    Then I turned it back the other way up:
    nYpvYZW.jpg

Glow faded but still more on the middle coils. I wonder if it is the distance between the coils that is to blame? The middle 2 are closer than the outer ones. I will try pushing clossr together again.

Its so annoying because when it is bang on steady temp, no real temp drops, it delivers such an amazing potent effect at your precise temp. So fun to hit. I hate the headache of babyfeeding it up to temp (or not!), not having control. Damn it what's the point of a controller if you still can't control the heat??

Any ideas are welcome guys. And Happy 4/20!
    Lost my wallet today and cancelled card so no weekend shopping for me. For the best though, need that Ti asap!
  • BudsofWar
    hey I'm having exactly the same issue with my coil but a different controller so I would say it's our coils
  • Alexis
    Very quick update guys- I pushed the coils closer together again. More even and snugger. I still have a very good fit. Its actually easier to take on and off now. I turned it on last night for some bedtime dosing and to my dekight- it reached set temp nice and stesdily. And it worked perfectly the whole session.

Barely dropping during long hits and fast recovery. Tamp adjustments- quick response either way and there in no time. The coil always drops heat rapidly when I remove it from the Elev8r. But even when I did to reload, as soon as I put it back it shot back to set temp quickly.

So it was just perfect performance which really pleased me. Im just hoping it will be srandatd now as if to confirm that the coiks need to be fairly close to each other at a uniform distance, for acvurate performance and temp stability/reactivity.

If correct then I have a supreme medicating setup here indeed . Its been something else tha last 3 days. A big step up in hardcore medicatedness from just torch vaping.

@BudsofWar Yo respect UK bro! Just saw your post. See above I will aim to get another pic latsr of the coil now. But hopefully this will be the fix, and suggests that variations in coil shaping/fit can have huge effects on performance. Hopefully we can get this cracked, its been giving me a right headache. :smile:
  • Alexis
    @BudsofWar here you go:
    q5lkDvQ.jpg
    LwYHeLH.jpg

Is yours like this atm? Maybe if you could get a photo we might be able to see what the problem is? See what you can figure out anyway. This has been depressing me quite a bit not being in control of the performance, having waited so long for regulated vapor that can be dialled in to my needs.

Its amazing when it is bang on point. Good luck bro.
  • BudsofWar
    maybe Bud can give us some pointers. im getting another coil as back up anyway so I'll find out if my issue is self inflicted
  • Drew420
    I separated my 16 mm coil just enough to test it before I went anymore. It works great. lswn58q6vhv7qh95.jpg
    u0d0cirttj269fmc.jpg
  • Alexis
    With the greatest of respect to @Vapecritic I dont think Bud is any morr schooled on this than the rest of us. He was the original pioneer but certainly ot a full time professiinal coil modifier lol.
    I have some good experience now with this myself and Im hoping I have cracked it at last. I hink the best way to move this forward and troubleshoot for others is if we can upload pictures of our coil setups.

Miine is working as well as anybodies yet in terms of accuracy and performance, when it works that is.
    A 2nd coil ain't a bad idea though. Keep on it bruv and keep us all posted. Trust me it will all be worth it if you can get it nailed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment