• gagliopaul
    Hey forum/Bud, I got my Ghost MV1 for winter quarter so was going to do some extensive testing this month on the MV1. I've been trying to have "full sessions with it and make it through as many crucibles as possible since I have I think 10 of them from getting the crucible holder and all the ones that come with it. I use heat setting 2 for 4-5 draws and a draw on setting 3 to finish the crucible. I've been making it to 2 to 3 crucibles in before the swing arm that is all metal becomes painfully hot to the touch. The whole front of the vape becomes very hot and the metal part becomes extremely hot. Is this a common problem, is this my unit? How do I fix this problem, thanks in advance.

mod added @ghostvapesofficial
  • MAbud
    You can do the calibration in the app and lower the temp some
  • Rockytdogg

So, how many full cycles are you running, about 15-20? In about how long a period of time? Does the unit actually overheat and prevent you from running it til it cools down?
  • Derek
    Mine used to do the same thing why I got rid of it and got a solo 2
  • Rockytdogg
    Mine used to do the same thing why I got rid of it and got a Solo 2Derek

Hey, thanks for helping out, Derek...!

:-}
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Hey forum/Bud, I got my Ghost MV1 for winter quarter so was going to do some extensive testing this month on the MV1. I've been trying to have "full sessions with it and make it through as many crucibles as possible since I have I think 10 of them from getting the crucible holder and all the ones that come with it. I use heat setting 2 for 4-5 draws and a draw on setting 3 to finish the crucible. I've been making it to 2 to 3 crucibles in before the swing arm that is all metal becomes painfully hot to the touch. The whole front of the vape becomes very hot and the metal part becomes extremely hot. Is this a common problem, is this my unit? How do I fix this problem, thanks in advance.gagliopaul

Hi @gagliopaul

Please could you pm your original order number to me @ghostvapesofficial so that I can identify you on our system.

We need to know which version of Firmware you are running and if you have downloaded the App.

Thanks

Patrick
  • Chopan
    Are you still having heating problems? I love the blow that my MV1 gives me. However, after 4-5 sessions in level 2, and 3-4 sessions in level 3, the arm is already too hot.
    It does not bother me when I'm alone at home (the first 4 are already high) but the problem is when I share with friends, it is difficult to share more than one pot.
    @ghostvapesofficial something to do about it? I installed the update 1 week ago.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ghostvapesofficial something to do about it? I installed the update 1 week ago.Chopan

Hi Chopan,

The Heat Sink and surrounding area are supposed to get hot - we designed the product to remove the heat from the vapor but it sounds like yours is running a bit too hot.

There is a calibration feature that was downloaded automatically when you updated the Firmware.

To access the calibration feature please try the following:

Manual Calibration:
    Addition of a manual calibration feature that is aimed at bringing units that are running too hot or too cool into line. Instructions on how to access this are as follows:
    • From sleep mode, triple click both buttons (mode/home and vape/draw) simultaneously.
    • A single amber LED will flash in the middle of the light pipe.
    • Press the mode/home button and the right LED will turn red, indicating that you just bumped the power up.
    • Press the mode/home button another time and the left LED will turn green, sign that you turned down the power.
    • Press another time and you are back to the basic settings.
    • Wait 3 seconds and the manual calibration will be saved on whichever setting you are on and you will be back to sleep mode.

Please let me know if that works.

Best

Patrick
  • tacit0ne

Hi Patrick, I was having the same problem - the arm was getting hot wayy before the heatsink.

Thanks for the manual calibration steps. Are there three power modes, or it is basically like a volume rocker i.e. every time I choose green it will turn the power down another notch?
  • ghostvapesofficial
    There are 3 settings low, normal and high.

You can calibrate it permanently or alternatively adjust it whenever you like.

Once you've played around with the device a bit more and adjusted the stem height and draw speed you should notice a reduction in heat.

The device uses 2 Heat Exchangers that work in concert to superheat air and cool down vapor simultaneously.

The main intro video that you will see next week includes a CGI sequence that demonstrates the process we use.

I think you are going to love it.

Have a great weekend.

Best

Patrick
  • Crimson117

Get a two dollar pair of cloth gloves from a convenience store, that'll help handling the hot parts (no need to play 'fast hands' games like I was, trying to bull my way through something burning hot, luckily even crappy gloves will insulate you nicely from conventionally uncomfortable temperatures) and just in general holding the unit as it gets really going. What it is doing is generating great heat for chemical extraction and then cooling it right the heck back down so you don't get burned, my heat sink gets toasty but the glass mouthpiece and vapor is always cool. I'd get a fan and have it blowing on the MV1 between rips, even just the brief pauses really gives it time to radiate that heat which is the goal as opposed to you getting that heat in your mouth.
    With loose I do a few rips on three and when it's running out I (wearing left glove) rotate the crucible and bump it up to five to finish it off, so the unit will sometimes routinely flash the overheating warning on the second crucible in a session especially when I'm charging it as I vape. Resting it in front of the fan, or even on an air purifier will avoid this in most cases.
    Also the quick charger is 1.5 amps at 12v as opposed to usb 0.5 amps at 5v, the unit operates at 8.2v peak 9 amps (it's two 18650 cells with a charge/balance/discharge controller with usb input and the docking connection), the quick charger is over six times faster than usb but when you're planning a long interlude slow charging can be preferable as a 'fast charge' is not always a 'good charge', as if there's more heat in a fast charge that can increase wear and tear on components. Though as a counterpoint, the unit routinely gets so flipping hot squeamishness over a couple of degrees here or there seems can be argued as a bit silly. Also, the voltage conversions going on when charging on USB is probably creating waste heat as the unit stores energy in those two 18650s at a charging voltage of 4.2v, 5v might charge one cell at a time but even with my Kangertech sub mod charging on usb on the pass through creates waste heat, mayhaps that's the .8v between the 5v usb power and the 4.2v of standard 18650 chargers being radiated.
    In short the gloves will help, resting it in the path of a fan will help, and you haven't even hit the unit's overheat limit yet so the unit's doing what we want it to do, when we understand the purpose behind the thing getting hot to the touch as an extension of it delivering cool vapor, then we can address the real issue n_n
  • To the Cloud
    How many draws is that in total you are talking in a row before it gets too hot handle ?
  • hbwnorthwest

Are you serious? Gloves and a fan? lol

This seems like an awful lot of hoops to be jumping through for a $300+ unit.

Maybe the company should include these with future purchases. lol
  • Zow237
    Once I lowered my calibration I haven't had a problem. But when it's on red I almost always over heat 3-4 crucibles in
  • VapeCritic
    Hey guys just reading over this thread and I don't think I saw it mentioned but your draw speed does influence the overheating issue.

For example, my unit never overheats when I use it, but when my wife uses it with her baby lungs it sometimes overheats because she can't pull the hot air through fast enough, so it builds up inside.

Just a thought because I know I've experienced the same unit on the same heat setting overheating for one person and not another.
  • Jacob N
    Turning the unit around so your index finger is used to push the button will eliminate the problem.
    You end up gripping the lower part of the unit which does not get quite as hot
  • Chopan

Hi
    It has not worked. has remained in normal configuration, however it is still very hot, even after a few rounds, when warming up it has blinked red and does not allow vaping.

Please help.
    @ghostvapesofficial @GhostMV1User
  • mpls80
    Exact same here. I don't understand why they have the preset calibrations so high. I use the lower settings which provide more flavor. I get a lot of vapor out of the low and medium settings and then sometimes finish with the high setting. I set my two custom settings in-between the others but I highly recommend not keeping them as high as they come preset. I overheated every single time I used those and also experienced charring.
  • juxt
    Sometimes you'll have overheating problems when you pack too tightly...the crucible should just have a loose fill in there, not too fine ground. I got my first hotspot the other day with stuff from the NewVape grinder.
  • BouncingOffClouds
    Hoping to do some experimenting this week, including a full clean. Got my mv1 updated finally but it still runs hot and requires some stirring. Will report back here with any updates.
  • nickviper666999
    mine gets brutal hot in the same manner.. I cannot get a full session in.. Maybe 2 crucibles.. I have to wait 5 mins..

I do around 30 crucibles a day so u can see this takes up a lot of time.
  • ScottyBigMoney
    My Mv1 gets hot on the crucible latch and around middle. Heat sink area not getting hot. Any suggestions? I feel its getting too hot way too quickly.
  • Cl4ud3
    Tagging @ghost-ops for advice here but the latch and such are part of the heat sink and where the crucible sits so will get warm.
  • ghost-ops
    Thanks @Cl4ud3

@ScottyBigMoney other than this, are you getting the expected results from the device e.g. good vapor and effects? Have you reached a point where you get an overheat warning and have to let the device cool down? Cl4ud3 is right, the middle of the device is where the oven is so that's where the heat is generated but some issues e.g. an air bypass can lead to excessive heat build up around that part of the device but this would usually be signalled by an overheat or lack of vapor.

Tagging one of our CS gurus @GHOSTTEAM so they can follow this up for you if you would like to give us some more details. Also feel free to email our team on any time and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Mark
  • okla68m
    Have Not noticed the "Heatsink" itself get hot, but, the Crucible Door radiates Lots of Heat. If I hit mine too quickly, several times in a row, Level 4-5, the Crucible door is the First thing that gets Really Hot Before I'll get a Flashing Red Overheat Warning.....Sorta like "HOT BOXING" a cig, take a couple Breaths of AIR before Hitting it again or take a Slow Draw without pressing the Fire Button. That will Cool off the Crucible. SMH !
    Had mine several months, LOVE IT....BUT YOU CANT ABUSE IT AND EXPECT IT TO FUNCTION PROPERLY, it's a Ferrari, Not a T/F FUNNYCAR(altho it WILL get you BLASTED)!

Hopefully, it's just a USER problem and Not a Mechanical problem.
    BEST OF LUCK and with GHOST-OPS You are in Good Hands !
  • ScottyBigMoney
    I've only had it 2 day's. Seems to be putting out decent vapor but not finishing the crucible very well.
  • ZRN
    @ScottyBigMoney - I've found I get those results when I pack the crucible too full or pack it too firmly. Try putting only a thin layer of material in the bottom of the crucible. Then if that gives you better extraction slowly add more and more material to the crucible each time you fill one until you know how much to use for best results for the way you inhale. Each MV1 owner has to figure out how much product to use and how tightly to pack the crucibles based on the strength and duration of their inhale. I hope that with this you can figure out how to get the best results.

Z
  • ScottyBigMoney
    Thank you I will try that. I absolutely love the MV1 and like you said just need some practice getting to know it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment