• gagliopaul
    Hey forum/Bud, I got my Ghost MV1 for winter quarter so was going to do some extensive testing this month on the MV1. I've been trying to have "full sessions with it and make it through as many crucibles as possible since I have I think 10 of them from getting the crucible holder and all the ones that come with it. I use heat setting 2 for 4-5 draws and a draw on setting 3 to finish the crucible. I've been making it to 2 to 3 crucibles in before the swing arm that is all metal becomes painfully hot to the touch. The whole front of the vape becomes very hot and the metal part becomes extremely hot. Is this a common problem, is this my unit? How do I fix this problem, thanks in advance.

mod added @ghostvapesofficial
  • MAbud
    You can do the calibration in the app and lower the temp some
  • Rockytdogg

So, how many full cycles are you running, about 15-20? In about how long a period of time? Does the unit actually overheat and prevent you from running it til it cools down?
  • Derek
    Mine used to do the same thing why I got rid of it and got a solo 2
  • Rockytdogg
    Mine used to do the same thing why I got rid of it and got a Solo 2Derek

Hey, thanks for helping out, Derek...!

:-}
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Hey forum/Bud, I got my Ghost MV1 for winter quarter so was going to do some extensive testing this month on the MV1. I've been trying to have "full sessions with it and make it through as many crucibles as possible since I have I think 10 of them from getting the crucible holder and all the ones that come with it. I use heat setting 2 for 4-5 draws and a draw on setting 3 to finish the crucible. I've been making it to 2 to 3 crucibles in before the swing arm that is all metal becomes painfully hot to the touch. The whole front of the vape becomes very hot and the metal part becomes extremely hot. Is this a common problem, is this my unit? How do I fix this problem, thanks in advance.gagliopaul

Hi @gagliopaul

Please could you pm your original order number to me @ghostvapesofficial so that I can identify you on our system.

We need to know which version of Firmware you are running and if you have downloaded the App.

Thanks

Patrick
  • Chopan
    Are you still having heating problems? I love the blow that my MV1 gives me. However, after 4-5 sessions in level 2, and 3-4 sessions in level 3, the arm is already too hot.
    It does not bother me when I'm alone at home (the first 4 are already high) but the problem is when I share with friends, it is difficult to share more than one pot.
    @ghostvapesofficial something to do about it? I installed the update 1 week ago.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    ghostvapesofficial something to do about it? I installed the update 1 week ago.Chopan

Hi Chopan,

The Heat Sink and surrounding area are supposed to get hot - we designed the product to remove the heat from the vapor but it sounds like yours is running a bit too hot.

There is a calibration feature that was downloaded automatically when you updated the Firmware.

To access the calibration feature please try the following:

Manual Calibration:
    Addition of a manual calibration feature that is aimed at bringing units that are running too hot or too cool into line. Instructions on how to access this are as follows:
    • From sleep mode, triple click both buttons (mode/home and vape/draw) simultaneously.
    • A single amber LED will flash in the middle of the light pipe.
    • Press the mode/home button and the right LED will turn red, indicating that you just bumped the power up.
    • Press the mode/home button another time and the left LED will turn green, sign that you turned down the power.
    • Press another time and you are back to the basic settings.
    • Wait 3 seconds and the manual calibration will be saved on whichever setting you are on and you will be back to sleep mode.

Please let me know if that works.

Best

Patrick
  • tacit0ne

Hi Patrick, I was having the same problem - the arm was getting hot wayy before the heatsink.

Thanks for the manual calibration steps. Are there three power modes, or it is basically like a volume rocker i.e. every time I choose green it will turn the power down another notch?
  • ghostvapesofficial
    There are 3 settings low, normal and high.

You can calibrate it permanently or alternatively adjust it whenever you like.

Once you've played around with the device a bit more and adjusted the stem height and draw speed you should notice a reduction in heat.

The device uses 2 Heat Exchangers that work in concert to superheat air and cool down vapor simultaneously.

The main intro video that you will see next week includes a CGI sequence that demonstrates the process we use.

I think you are going to love it.

Have a great weekend.

Best

Patrick
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention