• zazzambo
    good morning to all of you, i'm simone, i'm 23 and i live in italy. I bought an Airvape XS one month ago persuaded by the several good reviews about it. One of these is the vape critic's one. In all the thread i read about the vaporizers they said that the right way to inhale is a long and soft draw of more than 10 second. But when i charge the chamber of my airvape xs with a first class CBD cannabis (produced in Swiss and sold legally in Italy by tobacco sellers), i make the device reach the temp and i try to take a long hit, after 2-3 second the vapor become hot and it start scratchy my throat. In this way is impossible for me to take hit longer than 2-3 seconds. the situation seems to become better the more the herb is been vaporized and dried, but not so much after all. I don't know why, I grind the herb very well, i press it in the chamber not so strong but is fixed. I read about a burn off session some days ago and i did it for 10 minutes at 220 celsius but nothing changed. I can't do a comparison between the vapour amount in airvape xs and other devices, honestly seems that after 3 second of drawing the vapour amount is very good, but in the videos of Vape Critic and many others they take long draws, about 10 seconds. Anyway, 3 second itch my throat too so i would like to know if it's really healty vaporizing in this condition.
    I will be really thankful to anyone will spend some time to give attention to my problem. thank you very much
  • Cl4ud3
    I don't have one and haven't used one so I hope someone who has can chime in here.
    Can I ask though what temperature you are trying to vaporize at ? thinking if you try a lower setting you might get better results.
  • zazzambo
    i hope so! oh i forget to inform you before in the post: i vape usually at 190 celsius degree like is recommended to anyone who wants a big amount of vapour. But also with a 170 it does the same, just 1 second later maybe.
  • Cl4ud3
    If it's happening at 170 too then I'm unsure what to say, it could just be you are more sensitive to vapour or it could be a number of other factors. Have you any experience with any other vapes ?
  • Karec
    ciao, i never tried an AirVape XS but its strange after such a small time you get hot air thru the mouthpiece... @Cl4ud3is right asking you for you heat setting on the vape, maybe you are using a high temp and maybe this is the cause, i found out that this is usually the main cause of those symptoms , usually i vape between 170-180max (with dry herbs on the EVO) and 188-200max (dry herbs on the IQ) so i found out by using different vapes the this range of temperature usually works great (170-200) i can go higher but i only do that to finish the session or if the herbs is not really dry enough. off course the quality of the vape will make your experience better or worst.
    "if you buy peanuts you get monkeys...."
    Hope this helps, u need someone that owns one to help you figure out if you are doing something wrong or the vape not working properly, @VapeCritic is the go to guy, his reviews also helped me to buy all my vapes
  • Karec
    @Cl4ud3 is right if happens at 170 and after 3s of use, maybe you are more sensitive, but if you feel the heat on your mouth at that temperature u can have a faulty device... also could be the stuff u put inside but the heat at that temp is strange... but although we want to help you need some feedback from AirVape XS users, usually to get good extraction at low temp u need to have a good devices i found out that low quality vapes needs more temp to work....wish i could help u more.
    buona fortuna
  • zazzambo
    i didn't try others devices, only a davinci classic but in a very uncomfortable situation so i didn't prepare it properly and did very few hits. I will try the airvape xs of my friend and these days the vapcap of my girlfriend and i let you know. I though that is the conduction-convection hybrid system to push a hotter vapour but all the boy with an airvape xs in the reviewed draw for 5-10 seconds. Do you think i should try to inhale without any herb in the vaporizer and pay attention to the feeling? Maybe inhale it without any stuff show me better if it's the air which is too hot or is another problem..
  • Cl4ud3
    Do you think i should try to inhale without any herb in the vaporizer and pay attention to the feeling? Maybe inhale it without any stuff show me better if it's the air which is too hot or is another problem..zazzambo

I think that is worth trying, just to see if it is temperature or if you are getting some irritation from the herb. And being able to try someone else's will let you know if you unit is working properly.
  • zazzambo
    i try to inhale through the vape at 210 celsius without any stuff in it and i neither feel the vapour. I mean that the hot air doesn't give me any scratch to my throat. Does it means that the problem is the herb? Or is it a normal situation since i put nothing inside the chamber because i feel much less the air than the vapour? Thank you guys you are really kind
  • Cl4ud3
    where I can't say if it is your product for sure I can say the unit seems to be working if you don't feel it overly hot at 210. Now it could be that you need that cloud of vapour to be a lot cooler, think a water pipe (bong), for you to be comfortable and I don't know if you will get that from the XS. I don't want to say one thing yes or no though until you try your product out on another vape, after that you will know if it's the unit or your herb and it will be easier to proceed.

I know some people do have issues with vapour causing lung or throat irritation, and that must be frustrating.
  • VapeCritic

Hey sorry to hear you're having trouble with it!

If it's feeling hot and harsh I'm thinking it could be one of a few things...

Grind consistency - Use a very fine grind in this one

Herb dryness - Make sure your herb isn't moist

Pack it tight - Load about 0.3g in there and pack it down (maybe 0.25g)

And then set the temp to ~190C (~375F)
  • zazzambo
    well it could be maybe the not proper dryness at this point. Because i vape already at 190, i pack it tight (don't know if i do it too tight but i don't think so, i don't push with a big power) and i think i grind the herb very fine
  • BudsofWar
    a first class CBD cannabis (produced in Swiss and sold legally in Italy by tobacco sellers)zazzambo

sounds to me like you're not using the type of weed that we all know and love
  • BobCat
    Can you post pics of the material you are using before and after vaping? I've had the XS over a year, and I use it weekly to mix it up with my other vapes. I think @BudsofWar is onto something.
  • zazzambo
    what does it means that you use it weekly to mix it up with other vapes? sorry my english has limits ahaha anyway ok, i will post them as soon as possible. Well for sure in italy the weed is not high grade, and even the cbd cannabis from swiss is not as good as weed in amsterdam, spain ecc ecc. but i think is a very good grade after all. I like the weed you all like too but in italy is illegal so i can't talk about it here ahah
  • Rockytdogg

Many like to mix up their vaping experiences... I do too. For me when I do this it can almost be like changing flower. I’ve found that when I get too accustomed to a particular strain, it often feels less effective... it can be similar with devices... as many say, variety is the spice of life!
  • BudsofWar
    i don't think it's the real deal that you are vaping so that's were the problem is, vape that stuff at a lower temp
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment