• Fibrolife
    Plz help. Why the bad taste? Just got my new
    X max V2 Pro. I burned it 3 times used it. The taste was really bad! Then I burned it 4 more times. Still the same bad taste! Why?

• Rockytdogg

Cuz it’s a cheap conduction vape...?
  • Fibrolife
    I did my research. But didn't hear about the bad taste. If you could give me more info plz. Not just a statement as an answer. Thx
  • Rockytdogg

Sorry, It was just a guess cuz most of of the cheap conduction vapes I’ve tried don’t taste that good, but I’ve never used yours before... do you have something to compare it to?
  • Herb
    ↪Fibrolife
    Cuz it’s a cheap conduction vape...?
    Rockytdogg

That is a real good way to show someone new how the people on this forum give advice and welcome newbies... Jerk.... I don't have experience with this one but I would do maybe 2 more burns max temp on the max timer the vape has... If it still does not go away clean it out real good and then take it back... Also did you see any "mystery vapor" burning off the vape? .. If so it really can take awhile for all that ick to get out of there
  • Rockytdogg

Hey thanks, man!
  • welshman

I haven’t ever used one, but when you say bad taste do you mean a chemically manufacturing type taste or just an immediate burned popcorn type taste? Also is the avb/abv a brown/consistent colour post vape?
  • Rockytdogg

Or does it just make the weed taste bad...? Not really popcorn or chemical...

Did you clean and swab everything you could with iso first? Machine/manufacturing oil can take a long time to burn off...
  • Cl4ud3
    Can you describe the taste ?
    3 brunoffs probably wasn't near enough for one of these units, if after 10 it's still bad then contact the place you got it from. Some vapes do seem to get something that won't go away in them, sometimes it's the oven or tape surrounding the oven inside.
  • welshman

I haven’t heard of any vapes that make the material taste bad per se, generally the complaint would be that it doesn’t have as much flavour. If it tastes bad generally something’s been added to the vapour/it’s combusting/the material was bad tasting To begin with or it’s getting hot spots causing the burnt popcorn type taste early. That’s just my experience tho and I haven’t tried that many of the cheaper tier units so I could be wrong
  • Rockytdogg

Yeah, I suppose you’re right for the most part... I guess I was reading it as “bad” in comparison to something else that been used before as a reference... not “bad” as in a foreign substance.

Apologies to @Fibrolife, @Kakarot and whomever else was offended by my flippant initial reply....
  • VapeCriticAccepted Answer

A few tips to try:

Dry out herb
    Grind fine
    Pack it full and tight
  • Jack-vic
    I have tried it, and you should check with max temp if you get any of that "mystery vapor" that Kakarot is talking about.
    I guess some vapes come with more oil on them than others.

Regards
  • Fibrolife
    Thanks for all comments and suggestions. First off i have a vape to help stop smoking, reg oil.
    I just got my mmcard in Dec. I've smoked out of a reg pipe, used to be a chronic herb smoker for years before but stopped cuz of medical reasons. Now Its taken 1 month to get off heavy meds.
    ***back to the issue. I've burn it on highest temp 5/6 times. I'm thinking it could be the mouth piece
    Cuz they set an extra one made with glass. I used it and the taste was better but still there.
  • Fibrolife
    I'm not getting any clouds at all! I bout it from
    Planet of the vapes too. I'm. going to clean it again. How many burns should I do after?
  • Fibrolife
    thx. Plz see above.
  • Fibrolife
    check out my reply plz
  • Fibrolife
    check out my reply plz
  • Herb
    Hmm if its for pre-filled carts.. How much did you pay for the vape.. I had to go look it up to actually see it... If I were you I would take it back and tell them you either want another unit or just get something else all toghether... If you have done that many burns and it still taste like shit even with the glass mouthpiece something is not right.. 80$ vape they should exchange it or take it back... I hope they do anyways..
  • Cl4ud3
    Ok turn the unit upside down (upside down you don't want any liquid getting inside) and give the oven a clean with a damp cloth or q-tip (damn not wet). Some use ISO but we are just going to clean things normally. I would wash the mouthpieces in soapy water also.
    Give the unit about 5 more high temp burn offs, you can blow very lightly in the intake to see if it speeds things along.

Then if it isn't performing you best send it back.
  • Jack-vic
    You have done alot of burn offs already so a couple off more wont hurt but it might be a defective unit.
    If you can change it, you should go for a different unit.
    Mabye you are more sensitive to the plastic taste and need a better quality vape.
    I agree with Kakarot, something might not be right. :-(

Regards
  • Fibrolife
    disappointed for sure. Thx
  • Fibrolife
    I live in Az I'll have to mail it back. Is it odd I'm not getting any clouds at alla
  • Cl4ud3
    you can get much better vapes for just a little bit more money, some of the older vapes with new models have dropped in price. You can pick up an official Pax 2 or Solo 1 for around $120 now, there are also entry level vapes that will be a better investment.
  • Rockytdogg

Will this vape be used primarily for flower or concentrates?

When I started looking into converting from burning, I couldn’t find very many good reviews of sub $100 vapes that did both well... I ended buying a much more expensive vape than what I wanted to, and while it does do both well, it is far better suited for flower. I’ve found that devices that are solely designed for concentrates are not only of course better suited, but are also relatively a lot less expensive.

Here’s a review where the user experienced some bad flavor from the mouthpiece... he suggested soaking it in iso for a bit:

Sorry again, and I hope this helps...!
  • Fibrolife
    Thanks for all comments! Here is my problem trying to find something. First i need to be on monthly budget. I could spend up to 150. For a better vape but looking at all in one might be a better fit..? I need to be picky too cuz I do have grandkids.(I'm not even sure what is the best way to be smoking, not around them but when I have them) Don't really need extra smells out of my apt. A vape that is durable, I'm a klutz! I've been on overload for a weeks now. If I could get help with a list (1 to 4) that would work for me. It would really really help and I'd be so greatfull!!
  • Fibrolife
    From Dec to end of Feb. I can't go out or I'll get sick. I have to order online or send someone to get it. I'm in Buckeye Az.
  • Rockytdogg

Looking at your your current vape, it is said to be convection and not conduction... and judging from the video above, and a few written reviews, that many users do like this vape but that it doesn’t produce big clouds... and others too said that they wouldn’t recommend it for concentrates (these were POTV user reviews).

Maybe if we can get whatever tastes bad cleaned out it might serve you well for flower? Then maybe get an inexpensive pen for oils...?

But I’d def make sure all the bad tastes/smells are completely gone. And if not, get in touch with POTV customer service.

I feel many others here have much more experience and are far better qualified to post recommendations for you and I’m sure they’ll chime in... good luck!
  • Cl4ud3
    I have to agree with @Rockytdogg here, if you want a device for oil you will be better off getting a dedicated device for it. I would then save the vape you have for flower if you can get the taste to go away. That might be the best action first, trying to get some joy from your current device.
  • Fibrolife
    okay thx very much! I don't care bout the clouds but thought maybe there could be something wrong with it. I do hope i can clean up the bad taste.. It could be these roll my own crap I buy. Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment