• Aj85
    your fireflys so clean I can see your cat in it lol

Take it easy!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Bud
    @Hitz @Baron23 Hey guys the battery indicator thing is a known issue yes, it's def not accurate which is annoying but since the battery has a fairly small capacity anyway it's not too too hard to just gauge how much u've used it since last charge.

Also I haven't experienced the lid not sealing or heard anything about it, and i wouldnt worry about that misalignment thing in top that wouldnt affect performance it's just cosmetic (but annoying)

I also was able to test a unit last night that my friend received recently after pre-ordering it the day it went on sale. I can confirm that it's exactly the same as the one I have and reviewed, and the performance doesn't seem any different.

So I'll def still post something soon with best practices for it for the best results

Thanks for all the updates keep em comin!
  • Flipz
    @Hitz Not sure if I'm too late for this but my FF2 worked good for a few hits than I started having the same exact issue as you. After days and days trying just about everything... there was one thing I did not do as it never crossed my mind.

The first time using it I grinded up my herb really really REALLY fine which gave me a nice vape session but after that it had me stumped. Forgot the mouthpiece pops out and when I did that, the whole airflow path (and screen that's in the mouthpiece) was literally half filled with herb preventing the vapor from reaching my mouth. I must of inhaled too hard on the first packing when my herb was grinded too fine causing it all to shoot right into the mouthpiece path along with blocking the holes in the mouthpiece screen.

o5b5taayv9s1vydk.jpeg
    uen2cuoiez8ckrwx.jpeg

Long story short, I cleaned it all out and now works amazing with no problems since. Concentrates work even better than herb IMO but I hope this helps anyone having a similar issue with getting vapor out of their firefly 2.

Regarding the batteries, I also noticed the level indicator on mobile app is a little buggy. Tapping the left or right button (off hand forgot which but one blinks blue for battery life and other button blinks red for heat level setting) - I found checking the battery % level that way was more accurate than what the app showed :-O

I am hoping they can do updates to their mobile app allowing these little issues to be fixed which on the surface seems to be very possible.
  • Chandler
    I love hearing/seeing new information. I appreciate yall 'guinea pigging' for all of us!!
    @hitz cot damn! That centre ring is way off centre. I had to stare for a solid few seconds to understand/see exactly what you were trying to say.... @flipz @vapecritic is your centre ring of like that? @Flipz soooo vapor quality in your opinion is better than crafty?

Thanks
  • Flipz
    I think the FF2 produces much more fresh, pure, quality vapor hands down when going by that alone.

I can't deny that the crafty produces much more visible vapor and quality is right up there with the best portables. Though if choosing overall which vaporizer gives off the more quality vapor... I'd have to give it to the firefly 2.

As crazy good as both units are, they function and work completely different (all in good ways). So even at this time, it's hard to say "you'll like this one or that one better". What works best for my lifestyle obviously doesn't mean it'd be the best choice regardless of which vaporizer is in question.
  • Flipz
    I tools picture of my lid so you could try and compare to yours. Mine doesn't appear to be off centered but my vision may be playing tricks on me due to it being Friday (which means time to break out the concentrates).

l1z6fxj84l43gxh0.jpeg
    1zpfcw3gea3oa19p.jpeg

I'm still really amazed how amazing the FF2 vapes concentrates. It's so efficient, clean tasting and does such a great job... besides the battery level acting up sometimes. I've used mine for concentrates just as much, if not more than herb lol.
  • Hitz
    @Flipz Glad to hear you're enjoying your ff2! I'm still loving mine too, I never imagined vaping could be so flavorful and effective, plus I can't get over how efficient it is. I quit smoking cigarettes a few months ago and now feel I just want to vape everything, forget combustion! Btw after every 3-4 bowls when you're cleaning it out if you blow into the mouthpiece it'll clear out any debris and you'll rarely have to fully take out the mouthpiece to clean ;) .

For anyone interested I did get a response back from Firefly early this morning and haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. But anyways here's their response:

Message History
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 05/06/2016
    Subject: Re: Important Firefly2 Shipment Information

Dear Hitz,

Thank you for your reply.

I can completely understand your frustration with having to send the unit back so soon. If it did have to be sent in, we would be happy to send you a FedEx label to send it free of charge.

As to the battery indicator, this very well can be something with the units firmware. From the picture you've sent, you have the most up to date version. I do know our developers are constantly making edits to the app and software, and there will be updates very shortly. Once they are available you'll be notified via the app.

I do see what you mean by the ring in the lid being off center. That is the mirrored coating, which will not hinder the vapor production performance. As the lid does not have a groove on the seal, it is a little difficult to find that perfect fitment.

I look forward to your reply.

Warmly,
    Firefly Support

---END MESSAGE---

So not the response I was hoping to get but I'll keep my unrealistic response to myself and just say I'm glad they're communicating with me and offering to cover shipping costs. I really think something is outtawack with my lid (not because of the thing being off center but maybe it's warped or mishaped?) and probably going wait until I can buy a replacement lid to try before I send it in for service. I want a blue lid anyway and if it doesn't fix it I'll have it for when my unit is working properly.

@VapeCriticthanks for checking out your buddy's device, I'm glad to hear it was working as expected. Like you said the batteries are pretty easy to gauge and kinda know when to expect them to go dead. I'll definitely be looking forward to your tips and tricks for the FF2.
  • moneybee
    after much disappointment with the gpen elite, hoping whichever portable vaporizer i decide on next gives a better experience (L) maybe firefly 2, maybe pax 2 tooo mannnyyyyyyyy for little ollllll mee :P glad theres a place like this where i learned lots about vaping soooooo my next one will be easier to pick!
  • Chandler
    couple new reviews for the ff2 have popped up in the past week on youtube.
    vapewizard, namaste vapes.....
  • Baron23
    the seal is made by both the top and the bottom mating. I don't think just sending in the lid will be enough for them to see the problem. Matter of fact, if indeed the seal isn't good, then it may well be from both pieces being on the edge of their respective design tolerances and combining those tolerances into a leak.

While they were very polite and that's very nice, I personally would not accept that answer. Battery monitor.....meh, so what,they will fix it, and it would appear from their email that the firmware can be upgraded via the app at some point in the future.

The seal issue, however, is significant and fundamental to the FF2's function.
  • Hitz
    @Baron23 Yes I in my mind I had a more acceptable, non-punitive solution for both myself and them but then again my perception isn't the reality now is it? Like I said it could be worse, they could be like what I've read about other companies not returning messages and that's that. I need to give them the opportunity to make it right and if they come up short then, well I haven't needed to give that much thought yet. Like I said in the mean time I'm going try a replacement lid that I was going to get anyway and also the external battery charger.
  • Baron23
    Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see where they are offering you any relief at all. I don't see in the email you posted any instructions for return or RMA.

So what opportunity are you giving them?
  • Flipz
    yeah it is getting hard these days to pick that perfect vape lol. both the FF2 and PAX 2 are excellent choices though.
  • Flipz
    So besides the piece being a little off set and battery "bug" - does your unit work or are you still having issues?

Think I am going to be picking up the external battery charging dock also 8-) Wonder if they also make a carrying case for this, that'd be useful.
  • Hitz
    Yeah aside from those issues you mentioned I'm still getting really nice vapor now comparable to what VC had in his vids and other reviews however I just have to take a long, easy but steady pull. I love this damn thing!

I sent them an email asking if I could send it in later and if the external charger was available for the FF2 yet (the external charger for the 1st gen is listed and I found a link to the 2nd gen version but there's no option to buy it yet.)

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-external-charging-kit-includes-charger-adapter-and-battery.html

I'll let everyone know what I hear back!
  • Hitz
    Just heard back from FF, below is my response to their reply:

Update for Case #235269
    You guys are awesome, thanks so much! I ordered the external charger (order # xyz) and will anxiously wait for the blue lid to be available.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 10:45 AM, Firefly Vapor <> wrote:

Update for Case #235269 - "Re: Important Firefly2 Shipment Information"

Dear Hitz,

Thank you for your swift response!

Yes, that is not an issue. I will be sure to keep this return authorization and the shipping label accessible if you like to send the device in to be inspected.

We do have a short list of clients we are going to contact when we have replacement lids are in stock. We do have the external charger in stock for the original Firefly 1 which will work with replacement Firefly 2 batteries.

I've gone ahead and added you to our list and we will be sure to reach out to you when we have the blue lids available.

Warm Regards,

Firefly Support

***END***

@Flipz I'm looking forward to getting that external battery charger!
  • Baron23
    HI Hitz - have you been keeping up with the FF2 thread on FC? Very interesting and perhaps related to your air path issues. There have been more than one who posted that they have inconsistent air resistence, whistling, needing to squeeze top/bottom for proper vaping, etc.

Turns out that for some of them the defect in the application of the gasket is visually detectable. That is, the gasket wasn't out to the rim of the lid or centered in some instances. Just thought to mention as you might want to read and then examine your lid.

Cheers
  • Hitz
    that's funny you mentioned the gasket not going all the way to the edge of the lid. I was just looking at mine last night and noticed that my lid is this way and thought it could possibly be contributing to sealing issues. Thanks for the heads up (Y) , I'll have to give that thread another glance!
  • Baron23
    Yeah, if I recall correctly, at least one guy exchanged his lid for one with proper gasket installation and all of his air leak issues came to an end.

Cheers
  • Hitz
    That news made the light at the end of the tunnel just a bit brighter ;). Just a heads up I already got a shipping notification with a delivery date for tomorrow for my external battery charger!

xyx2vz6brp0usye9.jpeg
  • Baron23
    I hope you are still reading that FC thread....very illuminating wrt to your air leak issue.

As we discussed, there are a number of folks out there with what appear to be issues sealing the vapor path from outside air leaks. These leaks result in variable vapor density or just plain weak vapor as its diluted by outside air.

At first it was thought this was to do with gaskets not extending all of the way to the edge of the lid or not doing so in a consistent manner. Looking at the pictures, this didn't make a lot of sense to me as the gasket should seal to the interior and it shouldn't matter what is happening outboard of the edge of the gasket. But, this was reinforced by one fellow getting a new lid from FF, with better gasket install, under warranty and having his air leak issues go away

Apparently now FF is saying that such gasket installations are not a problem nor will they cover lid replacement under warranty for this issue. FF seems to be saying that people need to focus on putting the lid on correctly.

My take on this is:

1. Either the people with air leaks are either total fucking idiots who can't tie a pair of shoes or the seal of the lid to the bottom is far too sensitive and critically spec'd. I'm going for the later. It really should be shit simple to pop this lid on in a fashion that will seal the air path without it requiring special attention and technique. FF....really?....pullleeze.

2. If it were me, I wouldn't care what the root cause is found to be, e.g. gasket install, magnets not strong enough, the two surfaces (lid and bottom) not being flat enough, whatever. The lid should seal easily and sufficiently to provide a consistent and functional air path. Yes, you can't have herbal crap interfering with the mating of the top and bottom surfaces, but this is happening with clean FF2s and the design must address that this appliance will be used by a large and varied retail market, hence it needs to be idiot proof.

3. With a $350+ vaporizer, a purchaser should not have to be placing a bet on whether their unit will work correctly without having to be squeezed together, rubber banded together, zip tied together or any of the other stuff that people with this issue are having to do. FF needs to get out in front of this issue NOW.

Cheers
  • Flipz
    Wow I've been sick for the last few days and so much happened in the vape scene! I got some catching up to do (Y)
  • Flipz
    I guess it's hard to fully understand the issue without having one that does it in hand. For me, I don't see how the magnets could NOT be strong enough or someone really not being able to put the top on correct as you said. It basically snaps on pretty perfect & tight like the bottom PAX oven lid.

I don't doubt there are legit serious issues people are having but do think a number of them are just from not knowing/using the FF2 correctly? I really haven't got a clue - just my opinion and not meant to insult anyone at all or nothing like that. :D
  • Baron23
    Like I said Flipz, people having this issue have to either be blithering idiots (to not be able to put a lid on correctly) or the design of the lid to bottom mating/sealing is sensitive to tolerances in the manf process and some units are coming out with leaks/bad seals.

I don't think its the former.
  • Hitz
    Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up on the FF external battery charger. The external battery charger they currently sell online is apparently à la carte meaning it does not come with a power adapter (uses a charging pin not USB). This isn't a problem for owner's of the FF1 because you use the charger that came with your unit. I was perturbed to say the least when I received my charger w/o any power adapter >:o and did not have anything equivalent that I could use. I had to be more persistent than I would have liked but long story short they did make it right and communicated in a timely manor. (Y) (Y) for Team FF!

Below if anyone is curious are the MANY emails that ensued while on this strange journey:

On May 11, 2016, at 2:37 PM, Hitz wrote:

I received my external battery charger today so A++++ on processing and delivery! The unit I received however was missing its cable/power adapter which wouldn't be a problem however it appears to have charging pin instead of a micro-usb port like my charging dock. I understand mistakes happen, could the missing components be sent ASAP since I paid for overnight shipping?

Thank you for your support,

J

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2016, at 4:19 PM, Firefly Vapor wrote:

Dear Hitz,

Thank you for contacting Firefly.

Unfortunately, we do not have a power adapter available for the Firefly2. We only have the USB cord for it. All the accessories for the Firefly2 are not available to be shipped out yet.

The adapter you ordered is only for the Firefly1 and will not work for the Firefly2. You can use a wall adapter that supplies 9 watts or higher to ensure the fastest charging method for the Firefly2 but I apologize at this time there is no power adapter available for it specifically from us.

I can send you return authorization instructions if you would like to send the power adapter back to us and we will refund you the cost of the adapter.

I look forward to your response on how you would like to proceed.

Best regards,
    Firefly support

On May 11, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Hitz wrote:

I don't know what to say exactly but why was I advised yesterday (2 emails below) that I could purchase this adapter to charge my firefly 2 batteries?

I'm completely god smacked and beside myself, yes please refund the $47.19 back to my card and provide the return shipping labels.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2016, at 5:00 PM, Firefly Vapor wrote:

Dear Hitz,

I sincerely apologize for any confusion. The external charger for the Firefly1 will work for the Firefly2 batteries but the power adapter will need to be purchased as well in order for it to work, that is if you do not already have the original Firefly components.

We have the ac adapter available for purchase for $14.95USD and I have provided an easy access link below to it.

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-ac-adapter.html

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
    Firefly support
  • Hitz
    (CONTIND)

On May 11, 2016, at 5:39 PM, Hitz wrote:

I feel like I'm being taken advantage of here. Why was this not expressed to me yesterday? No where in the previous email did it state I would also need to purchase an external power adapter. That also could have been avoided if the item had a description on your site that stated that an additional power adapter is required. I was perfectly fine purchasing an external charger for $29. Now I'm being told I need to buy an additional piece for $14.95+ more shipping. Does this seem fair? How as a consumer could I have prevented this? Please show some empathy regarding the situation I've been put in due to the misinformation I was giving yesterday.

Now if the above isn't enough to frustrate someone imagine how I felt when I came across this link:

www.thefirefly.com/firefly-external-charging-kit-includes-charger-adapter-and-battery.html

image1.PNG

Why in the world am I being treated this way? You guys sell it bundled on your site for $29.95 and I'm being asked to pay an additional $14.95?!

Once again imagine you were me and after being told to purchase something, you purchase it and now are being told that you purchased the incorrect thing and need to spend more money and then you find it online as a bundle, how do you think that would make you feel? I'll tell you i don't feel very good at all.

I shouldn't be penalized for being provided incorrect information. The only fair options I can identify at this point would be to either send me a power adapter so that I may use this charger or to provide a full refund of $47.14 (I was incorrect when I said $47.19). But please don't treat me like a jerk and tell me your solution is for me to purchase an additional adapter when you sell them bundled online.

This is the first time I've ever been extremely disappointed by you guys. I've been a good customer, please be a good business.

Sincerely,

J

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2016, at 5:51 PM, Firefly Vapor wrote:

Dear Hitz,

I apologize you feel this way and it should have been expressed to you that the Firefly1 wall adapter will need to be purchased with the Firefly1 external charger. I can offer you a 5% discount on a purchase of the ac power adapter.

The link you provided is not a valid link. I do not know where you found this but I can assure you it is not apart of our website and we do not offer this bundle.

If you wish to take advantage of this discount for the wall adapter please contact us so we can place the discount for you. However, if you would not like to purchase the ac adapter and would like to return the external Firefly1 charger I can authorize a return for it and reimburse you as quickly as possible.

I look forward to how you would like to proceed.

Best regards,
    Firefly support

On May 12, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Hitz wrote:

Sorry the link I provided was missing the https on the address. The link below is what I was referring to:

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-external-charging-kit-includes-charger-adapter-and-battery.html

Thank you for extending that discount, however spending additional money for something that is already bundled together just doesn't make any sense to me.

If the only options at this point are to either purchase a separate adapter or return the product please send me the return shipping labels and refund back the $47.14 that I was charged (this is very disappointing, I was really looking forward to having an external battery charging solution).

I appreciate the communication,

J

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2016, at 3:33 PM, Firefly Vapor wrote:

Dear Hitz,

I am going to be sending you the ac adapter for this inconvenience of miscommunication from our part.

It will be going to the address we have on file and you will receive an email regarding the adapter being sent to you. Once tracking is provided please allow at least 24 hours for it to reflect in the courier's system.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful rest of your day and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Best regards,
    Angela

On May 13, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Hitz wrote:

Angela,

Thank you so much for taking ownership on this issue, I really appreciate it. I will continue to share with other users how fantastic your customer support is along with your products, this is what makes your company truly stand out and sets a precedent other businesses need to follow.

Much appreciation and gratitude, and most of all thanks for making me a proud firefly customer!

J

Sent from my iPhone

On May 13, 2016, at 4:13 PM, Firefly Vapor wrote:

Dear Hitz,

Thank you for your email and kind words! We appreciate your feedback more than you know as we pride ourselves off of making our valued Firefly enthusiasts happy. It has been our pleasure assisting you with this. If there is ever anything we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to our customer service department.

Our knowledgeable and friendly customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday 11am-8pm EST. We appreciate your choice to work with us, and look forward to the opportunity to do so again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
    Angela
  • Aj85
    I ordered this external charger for my original firefly and was just a shocked as you, that for my £20 it's just a plastic casing with a battery terminal, it didn't even come with its own power lead!

Meaning I have to use the power adapter that came with the FF, so i still couldn't charge two battery's at the same time (the only reason I brought it)!

It's a bit of a joke really, but to be honest a lot of FF products are very overpriced including the actual vapes themselves seeing inside the original FF theres no way it should of ever cost £200 retail!

Not that I'm saying I don't like the Firefly products, I really do like them! It's just that I feel they are very overpriced, even the cleaning kits are really expensive for some alcohol wipes and plastic toothpicks!

Take it easy!

All the best,

Aj.
  • silat
    So they are claiming that the link leads to a site that is not theirs?
    And it seems to me that they would love the idea and use it anyway:)
  • Flipz
    I think it's a continuation of a ongoing conversation with firefly so might be why it is confusing? I'm sure @Hitz can clarify more than me 8-)
  • Hitz
    I think the issue was I got a response from what I would call their "B" or "C" team members meaning they just didn't know what they were talking about and did not really dive into what I was trying to explain to them. In other words just think about where you work and your fellow team members that you're always fixing their mistakes that were caused by lack of common sense and/or just not in their skill set. I do believe the bundle I came across was something that has not been "officially" released yet and if you try to find it by using links on their site you'll never find that webpage. I stumbled across it when doing a search for an external battery charger for the firefly 2. I believe it's the same external battery charger that they've always sold but now sometime in the near future they're bundling it together so owners of just the FF2 don't have to purchase a separate power adapter.

TL:DR (too long: didn't read) Long story short, lots of miscommunication but in the end they made it right.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment