• silat
    Great point Hitz. Thanks for the response.
  • silat
    Thanks Flipz.
  • Tenchi Muyo
    Hello
    Thought I'd give my 2 cents. I've had my firefly2 for about 48 hours. I've yet to get any where near a decent hit off of it. I noticed on my very first try that it didn't seem air tight. My need for the device to work kept me pluggin away at it. Needless to say I've wasted a lot of herb experimenting and trying to troubleshoot. Also on my very first charge the indicator light shut off while I left it to charge.(sometime during the charge it decided to quit charging). Happened twice. Battery level indicators don't work at all. These things would all be forgivable if it actually gave me that awesome hit I've seen demonstrated. After finally admitting defeat I contacted them via phone. They stated the charging problem is known and could be caused by the climate i live and if I have carpets(I don't) I could be carrying a charge that causes the malfunction. Said I should hold it near the mouth while docking to charger. Alright. Now as to the hit quality, the very nice lady actually sat me through a session but it was to no avail. I was getting winded just pulling so long so many times. It was a case where the next 6 inward breaths, produced a mediocre at best vapor hit, taste not really there at all. Yet after my best explanation they seemed to insist its a case where i need to get used to it. This is where I have to bring up the cost of the FF2, for it to work this badly. My bases of comparison is my use of the prima vaporizor. The two side by side, the prima is straight killing the FF2 in every way except the air temperature. The pull resistence is alot greater in the Prima, and the pull temp very hot. FF2 wins there. I've included a picture of the lid. After reading through the posts I did what Hitz suggested and pressed down on the lid in the top center and Bam, great hit. In the pic you'll see that the gasket around the lid is warped, and not flush in the upper right bend area. There is a small sliver of a gap. To sum up FF said they'll take it for return inspection and possible repair. I hope it goes smooth cus I'm heart broken by this thing.

efrc044w7x2i4lb4.jpg
  • Baron23
    @Hitz@Flipz@Aj85@VapeCritic

FF2 need to really get their act together on this soon or kiss their reputation goodby.

The fanboys and paid shills (and yes, many of those a-holes with the pre-prods are compensated shills who don't necessarily disclose like Bud) will tear anybody a new asshole if they even imply that "somethings rotten in the state of Denmark" (Hamlet (1.4), Marcellus to Horatio...get your literary lesson and vape insight all on one website LOL).

I think they have even convinced Hitz that its pretty much in his mind and if he just applied the right body English when using, then all would be right in heaven.

It would appear from my reading on other vape sites that many people are finding their FF2 to work ok without any air leaks. Some have even convinced themselves that the air leak through the battery compartment is intended by design as an safe (cooling) alternative if the main air path is blocked. Wow, love to meet some of these people, I got some bridges in Brooklyn to sell these self-deluding individuals.

My understanding of this vape focuses on lid to base fit as key to this design. Mating of lid to base is how the vapor path is created. It SHOULD NOT LEAK AT ALL.

I also note that in video of the FF2's disassembly, that the heater (just a metallic coil as far as I can tell) is NOT isolated by the base housing from the electronics and battery. Is that really what was expected with this hyped up vape?

I know a number of folks ejaculating over how good the FF2 is with concentrates. Give me a break, $340 to evaporate what is essentially a highly volatile substance. sigh

People go off on how cool the vapor is....from what...a 3" air path cause that's the only place any cooling from the bowl can take place.

I fear that in many cases people are reacting like the King with New Clothes....its their baby, don't imply that in any way its ugly...even if it looks like Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame...Victor Hugo...really feeling very literary this morning ;) )

Look, I want this vape to succeed, but I'm not lobotomize myself into believe that all is well when patently it is not.

So, @Tenchi Muyo, have you tried using it on alternate Tuesdays, past noon, when standing on your head, with a east breeze, while squeezing the vape precisely 1.13 inches from the front, and pulling at exactly .75 cubic feet of air per minuter rate. Maybe then it will work well.

Your climate, hold it by the pointy MP end....if you have CARPET!! And this is just to charge the f*cker. Its very nice of your to not go off on them completely when fed this BS. :-}
  • Hitz
    I think they have even convinced Hitz that its pretty much in his mind and if he just applied the right body English when using, then all would be right in heaven.

LOLOLOL, Good Morning Red Baron!

To be honest I still don't quite know what to think but when it works I REALLY enjoy it and I'm getting more and more consistent results. I definitely have more to say @Tenchi Muyo but I've just taken flight so please stay tuned...
  • Flipz
    I'm not running into any of these issues so on my end there's only so much I can say or think of without having the exact unit being used in hand. I agree FF2 should be more helpful in making their vape more user friendly but I got no say or push with that.

Hoping with everyone here and the information out there... we could get to the bottom of this.
  • Flipz
    "I know a number of folks ejaculating over how good the FF2 is with concentrates. Give me a break, $340 to evaporate what is essentially a highly volatile substance. sigh"

It's ok, you can say it... one of those people "ejaculating" over the FF2 with concentrates is me lol 8-) I live a simple life (Y)
  • Baron23
    LOL I was not really referring to you...more the FC fan boys.
  • Bud
    definitely let us know what happens with the lid, I'm very interested to know if this was the primary cause of your displeasure
  • Tenchi Muyo
    I'll keep you posted. I"ve sent my FF2 back to them to check out. Let you guys know when I have an update.
  • Chandler
    glad i waited patiently before pulling the trigger on a ff2 or GH.
  • TheAnalogKid
    me too.

Some weeks ago I was just about to make a pre-order, but at the last minute opted to wait to get some real-world impressions, not only flashy pictures and articles in mainstream tech media. These guys do have a huge marketing department.

I think I'll keep waiting. There are so many mixed reviews, and even the ones that praise the device emphasize that it needs a "proper technique" and stirring, which is pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

I think I'll be back on looking for a cheaper backup to be ready when my Crafty dies.
  • Flipz
    That would be great, I'm very interested in what they say as well. Thanks

I don't blame anyone for waiting, these things aren't cheap and it's a crappy feeling when buying a costly one that you end up never using. Believe me, I know the feeling :’(
  • mario
    how has your experience been so far with the FF2?
  • AVENTUS
    I feel like heavy smokers are psychologically upset when vaping ghost clouds, even if they're super medicated lol
  • AVENTUS
    Ghost clouds are the best, people !
  • mario
    i see that ppl are complaining about not getting visible clouds but at the same time say that the taste is great and they are getting very medicated... if taste is great and the effects are great, who cares how big the cloud is?
  • AVENTUS
    ^amen brother!
    Seriously what is wrong with you people !
    Ghost clouds = zero carcinogens !
  • Hitz
    when it works like it does on tv it's great! After having it for about a month now I've really enjoyed it so far aside from needing to press the lid down ocassionally and the useless battery indicator (battery always reads full on device as well as the iOS app). The battery indicator hasn't been an issue though since you get a spare and having the external battery charger charges the dead battery faster than I can use a fresh one so no issues there. Plus it's so damn easy to clean.

But to be honest I've been struggling with the thought of selling it because not too many people I've shared it with have been able to really use it. I can get really nice visible vapor but no one else can pull for 10+ seconds and being a convection based it cooks it as you use it so this type of vape may not be for me. But once again this could be due to a bad seal and not how it normally functions, im kinda slightly burned out on the subject.

I'm debating on getting a Pax 2 or possibly the Sidekick from 7th floor depending on what Vapecritic has to say about it, I know he's checking it out now.

I did get a different grinder and box to dry material out in so who knows what I'll be saying next
  • mario
    is a little upsetting to hear... so the only way u get a good hit is to pull for 10+ seconds? Maybe send it in and see if it is defective?
  • Baron23
    im kinda slightly burned out on the subject.Hitz

Can't say I blame you, brother. I feel you.

I'm debating on getting a Pax 2Hitz

If you do, check out Anders optimization with stuff from New Vape and I think Delta 3D. There's a thread about it on here somewhere.
  • Flipz
    so far I've been enjoying it without any issues on my end (besides battery level in app). like many have said tons of times, people don't see clouds and immediately go it's broken but guess we'll see how it turns out
  • Hitz
    So got some stuff from the shop the other day :D

iktoz2ml00o2tw3g.jpeg
    ayygmom5dft4fl12.jpeg

Since the screen is pretty loose this is the little stuff that catches on the bottom
    ywqx56navrhz0ssv.jpeg

I like how it separates the big stuff out which the FF2 really seems to like. Being larger it stays WAY cleaner.

6i5zi0kzdfk7jisx.jpeg

Just landed after a quick flight, super easy to clean.

7lb5b4a6n1l6j8hj.jpeg

This Santa Cruz is really nice (Y).

Only spent $40 bucks 8-)
  • Baron23
    The santa Cruz is a very nice medium grinder, that's the grinder I use for those occasions that I want to roll a J (it does happen :-)).

I'm glad that the FF2 is finally working out for you, that's terrific and I'm sure all will be clearer in the FF2 community as time goes on and more are delivered.

Cheers
  • Tenchi Muyo
    @AVENTUS@mario

You know I think your right about the psychological expectation to get clouds of smoke vaping. It for sure crossed my mind while I was battling to use it. I'm definitely a noob to the vaping game. At the same time I think a puffy cloud is a sign of efficient medicating, and maybe carcinogens. Again it might just be in my head, cus I definitely find myself searching for that burning chest feel. My FF2 though was draining more then a full battery on one load up, and it still wouldn't even brown at all. You know you could just sense something was out of whack.

In anycase I did hear back from FF. They said they had their people check out my FF2 and that they didn't find anything wrong with its vapor production, but they went ahead and replaced the chassis(does that mean the whole base?) for better airflow. So we'll see how that goes when I get it back.

This could be a case of this vaporizer not being the the one for me, like Hitz said. Even in my research the reviews and the cost combined had me thinking this thing is perfect for everyone right out the box. From a purely technical standpoint it should work flawless for what it costs, meaning the battery indicators and charging should work perfect. I still think mine was busted though as a vaping device. I'll be sure to let people know.

It's worth mentioning that when I initially contacted FF, and referred to folks having a similar issue, the FF rep mentioned this discussion. So I think they're aware and are watching(hehe). You know I didn't want the masses returning their device and throwing FF under. The seal though is very central to the device working, but at the same time its seems so delicate that it could easily fail at anytime rendering the device useless. I never owned the FF1 so I was never really sure about how it works till I got mine. That seal though is asking to fail.
  • Tenchi Muyo
    by seal I mean gasket, and If it did fail at some point I guess you could buy another lid
  • Hitz
    strange how they didn't find anything wrong but performed a repair on it anyway :-}. But I get it, the business I'm in I don't exactly inform my customers of EVERYTHING that happens behind the scenes, I just make sure they feel taken care of and leave happy cause in the end that's all that really matters. When I first got mine I had the same issue of tanking a battery before finishing a single bowl and the material barely vaped.

Please keep us updated, I'm crossing my fingers, stepping over cracks and throwing a few Hail Marys that it works flawlessly for you! Please give me some hope tenchi!
  • Baron23

Ok, we are back to the "does vapor need to be visible to be good".

If I may, let's please set aside for the moment personal preferences in vapor. I got it...guys like Aventus really, really like very light vapor. Others expect a bit more content. But the question remains, what constitutes good...or even acceptable vapor.

This question often seems to hinge around the issue of whether the vapor is visible or not. I completely agree that, purely on the face of it, if the vapor has all of the cannabinoid content that you want to extract, then it should not matter if the vapor is visible or not. I also agree that for many, good vapor is associated with visible vapor and that Much of this expectation may come from previous smoking…..BUT NOT ALL OF IT.

Sometimes (most often it seems to me) good vapor is visible to some extent. Its visible despite there being no combustion. My Volcano definitely NEVER COMBUSTS. But I have run it at differing temps and differing loads and I can say that, although I'm fine with more slowly extracting the good stuff over multiple lighter bags at lower temps, there is NOT A DOUBT in my mind that heavy white vapor from this unit is definitely more dense, content laden, and effective than light or invisible vapor.

Now, I have not yet found any valid information that would indicated exactly what cannibinoid(s) generates the visible part of vapor. Not all gasses from vaporized substances are visible and even among those that are not all are white like cannabis vapor. For example, water vapor is clear and the only time you can see it is when it condenses (e.g. clouds, frosty breath, etc). But something, or somethings, or all things in cannabis are visible when vaped and those somethings seem to me to be cannabinioids of some sort and some density.

To me, it’s beyond argument that vapor potency is tied to vapor density and vapor density is indeed associated to an extent with whether its visible or not (once again setting aside personal preferences for very low temps and the very thin vapor that results).

In that light, I find it disheartening watching what looks to me like people trying to convince themselves that they like their FF2's vapor production when, for some folks and their units, there hardly is any vapor production at all. It’s like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Even more disheartening is reports of FF telling folks that their non-functioning, top dollar, vaporizer is working just fine and if they would just adjust their thinking then they would see how right this is, that their "no vapor" is really great vapor, and their FF2 is working perfectly. I would respect FF much more if they were open and honest and acknowledged that some people have had real issues with their early production units. But they haven't and they almost seem to be stonewalling that idea altogether. sigh

You know what...if you think you aren't getting vapor out of this sucker, then you aren't. If you think you aren't getting the effect you expect, then you aren’t. And if your AVB is still green, then your not efficiently extracting your cannabinoids. Please don't let anybody else try to convince you otherwise.

Whether a vaporizer is working correctly should not be a controversial issue, proper function should be self-evident. What other vaporizer would get a pass on this type of BS??

Just my never humble opinion
  • mario
    just got my ff2! sitting at work right now charging it with no issues so far.. and i have carpet lol next will be to see how it actually works. seal seams fine but i guess i will really know when i use it.
  • Sue
    hey is your FF working well now? I noticed I have to be very careful about aligning the top but other than that zero problems.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment