• VapeCritic
    Below is my full video review of the new Haze Square vaporizer with four chambers!

This one is a step up for Haze, it's a very nice improvement over the V3 in my opinion which was already a good vape. Vapor quality, potency and taste are all very good with the Square, comfortably above-average.

Coil-based convection heating with pretty large ovens at around ~.2-.25g capacity (loose pack). 5 heat settings with + and - buttons on the top of the vape to change the temperature.

I reviewed the Pro model which is $189 and lets you customize the temps with an app, and I ended up setting all of mine at 400, 410, 420, 430, 450 (wax). I'm a fan of those high temps as you can see. I clocked 37 hits off a full charge at max temps, then it took 45 mins to fully recharge via USB-C.

Overall it's a nice little vape that's certainly worth the price. The four chambers are pretty cool and convenient and it's not just a gimmick, it's a good performing vape to back it up.

I will also be adding this one to my Top Picks page as one of the best portable vaporizers under $200, same level as the Solo 2 (but session vs on-demand): https://www.vapecritic.com/best-portable/

Start layin down those questions! :-!

My Haze referral link to order: https://www.hazevaporizers.com/product/haze-square-vaporizer/?afmc=1p

Thank you all for your support as always and stay up!!
  • VapeCritic
    Going to sleep now though so I'll get back to you in the mornin! :-!
  • Gilljos99
    Nice review! Can you elaborate on the taste? Thanks.
  • BobCat
    @VapeCritic TY Bud!

1) Any idea on how many cycles on the battery pack which appears to be proprietary? $20 USD for a replacement pack.

2) How's draw resistance?

3) Thoughts on the cool down time and herb preservation if you set it down and pick it up an hour later? I would think the SS chambers, as opposed to the Milaana for instance, are going to degrade the herb quicker.

Appreciate it. ✌
  • Jack-vic
    Great review!! I have only one question: Can you send me that unit? Lol

Regards
  • mrbiggiejones
    Thanks for the review bud can you do half loads or do they have to be filled right up ? Taste and smoothness compared to mv1 and fire fly 2
  • Karec
    Nice review Bud, only these remarks

- What was the difference to your live feed where no vapor was coming out?
    - Do you think that, with use, the rubik feature will get loose?
    - You count almost 40 draws on high temp, do you think is enough for 4 chambers?

Cheers
  • Baron23

- What was the difference to your live feed where no vapor was coming out?Karec

That is a question I'm interested in also.

Another question is regarding your selection of the temp range to use. I know in the past you tended with many vapes to like the 355-375 area. That is, usually you like it a bit cooler than myself.

Now, with that said, I have often felt that one can really only use vaporizer set point/reported temps as being relative and not nuts on objectively accurate. That is, on any given vape you are on safe ground thinking that 400 F is going to be hotter than the same vape on 380F, but not so safe ground on whether its really 400 F and if so, where in the path is this temp taken.

With all of that said, does it really feel like you are operating in the 420-430 range or is this just the setting needed to get the vapor density you wanted?

Secondary question...I think I know the answer to....did you have to run that high in order to get the sort of vapor density that you might get on another vaporizer in the 355-375 F range.

I liked this review very much. Nice clean format, came in at just under 10 minutes so it was watchable, and I enjoyed your presentation of the material. Good job. (Y) :D 8-)
  • MAbud
    I find myself struggling with temp settings lately. For instance I don't think the MV1 runs nearly as hot at the temp setting would indicate. And conversely, I feel like my IQ runs hotter. Without being able to verify actual temps I feel like these are more settings guides than actual temps.
  • Other Side
    I totally agree. I don't think temps are accurate on a lot of vapes. Especially the convection ones because there are so many variables that change the temp in an instant! I wish companies would just do temp setting 1-5 or something like that.
  • VapeCritic
    Thanks guys great questions!

Can you elaborate on the taste?Gilljos99

I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor of the vapor, it has that nice complexity to it that you look for in high-end convection units. The materials in the vapor path are stainless steel, ceramic, and it possibly touches a tiny bit of silicone. The taste is very good for it using these materials, I can't say it's the absolute best but it's right up there.

Any idea on how many cycles on the battery pack which appears to be proprietary?BobCat

You mean the internal battery right? It looks like I'd have to remove a couple of screws to get the battery inside, but I would imagine the cycle life would be comparable to other vapes.

How's draw resistance?BobCat

Ah yes I forgot to talk about this in my video didn't I, the draw resistance is very low, I didn't feel that it was hard to pull at all throughout my testing, very acceptable. It's not completely free-flowing, but it's certainly below-average.

Thoughts on the cool down time and herb preservation if you set it down and pick it up an hour later?BobCat

I always like to vape my chambers in one session but if I was gonna stop halfway through I would take a cold pull as my last one, meaning I would draw through it for ~10 secs but without engaging the heat to help cool down the bowl faster.

I have only one question: Can you send me that unit? LolJack-vic

It's yours if you can explain what Bitcoin is to me LOL

can you do half loads or do they have to be filled right up ?mrbiggiejones

Yes you can do half loads, when vaping a small amount at a time just load the oven with ~.1-.15g and place the concentrate pad on top.

Taste and smoothness compared to MV1 and Firefly 2?mrbiggiejones

Ok those two basically produce some of the best tasting and smoothest vapor of any portables, don't get me wrong there's a whole bunch of excellent tasting vapes that I love, but those two are really up there. That being said, the Square isn't very far behind, and this is just my personal opinion based on tasting and feeling very subtle differences between all the vapes I have.

What was the difference to your live feed where no vapor was coming out?Karec

So I'm sure anyone with a convection vape can attest to this, but generally if the stars aren't aligning then vapor production will not be optimal. Basically I had only used the vape a few times before my live stream, and not thinking I ground up a different strain for the stream than what I tested it with before.

This vape, well pure convection vapes in general, are wayyy more sensitive to things like strain and heat level than hybrid vapes. For example, the Mighty is a hybrid heating vape, and I can get loads of vapor from it at as low as 350F, which is damn near impossible with a true convection vape.

I had it on the wrong heat level when I started the stream basically. Before the stream I dialed in my temp with a different strain and it just wasn't hot enough with the new strain I loaded. I didn't realize this was the issue until the last bowl I vaped, I kept thinking I was loading it wrong or something. I also might not have waiting long enough for the vape to pre-heat before I started hitting it, I got a little impatient and started drawing before the light turned green, sometimes it takes a little while to heat up for the first draw.

For my final review I dialed it in again to the optimal temps and of course the lighting was optimal now too so that you can compare it to my other reviews. Honestly, it could have just been a fluke during the stream, it's been working much better for me since then.

Just goes to show you that most vapes are not perfect and will require some experimenting for optimal and consistent results. I feel bad because Haze got it bad being my first live test, but if I did a live test of other vapes most wouldn't be much different, especially for me, I'm the guy who'll use a vape wrong a dozen times before realizing it.

Do you think that, with use, the rubik feature will get loose?Karec

It feels pretty solid and like it'll last but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

You count almost 40 draws on high temp, do you think is enough for 4 chambers?Karec

Yes I'd say the battery life is good for just about 5 full bowls on average.

does it really feel like you are operating in the 420-430 range or is this just the setting needed to get the vapor density you wanted?Baron23

Great question and it's hard to give an answer that I would feel certain about. I would say that most likely yes, the actual temp in the oven is probably right around what I set it at.

So with the Square I end up on ~420ish for complete extraction, not just good vapor but total and complete extraction. With the MV1 for comparison I always end up on level 5 also which they say is 428F, so right around the same general area.

I think with pure convection vapes you do need to go that high to get total extraction, although most of them, the Square included, will produce at least some visible vapor in the upper 300's.

did you have to run that high in order to get the sort of vapor density that you might get on another vaporizer in the 355-375 F rangeBaron23

If the comparable vape is a hybrid one like the Mighty then yes, you'll have to bump above 400 to get a similar intensity, but you'll still get some vapor at lower temps.

I liked this review very muchBaron23

I thank you kindly my friend!

Without being able to verify actual temps I feel like these are more settings guides than actual tempsMAbud

The unspoken truth of the vape industry! :-!
  • Rockytdogg
    I liked the review. Short and succinct... kinda like the vape. Not sure this is the one for me yet, but I’m interested to read some “on the go” experiences....

Great job, per usual, @VapeCritic...!
  • Kieffer
    I’m sorry this isn’t probably the right place to ask this but what are the pros/cons of convection vs conduction in your opinion? I’ve been wanting to get into the vape game for awhile now and have been doing a bunch of reaserch and watching a boat load of your videos to try and help. I’m stuck between the DaVinci IQ, X Max Starry, and now the Haze Square. There’s so much to choose from it’s hard to make a damn decision!
  • Baron23
    Might want to check out Bud's Vape 101 vids...basic tutorials on some basic vape terms and functions.

https://forum.vapelife.com/search?Search=Vape+101
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Hells yeah man, that borg cube looks hot. Discreet and on demand is sick. Gots to wait a bit for loot. I think orders now are backed up for a few months right now anyways. That thing is cooool.
  • benbar21

Hey! Just wondering when /if you're going to add the square to your vape review chart
  • BudsofWar
    this will be on sale in the UK for £135 - £145.....that seems a real bargain for what it appears it can do.
  • mrbiggiejones
    that’s a pretty feckin good price this is tickling my fancy good and propa (Y)
  • cottoalvapore
    anyone knows whene gonna be avaible?
  • Zow237
    April
  • cottoalvapore
    hi bud, in terms of satysfyng vapor, would you prefer the arizer argo or the haze square? (or the airvape x, if the battery life is comparable)
  • TheHulliCopter
    Can you charge this thing while using it? Thats the one of the gripes i have with my FF2
  • benbar21
    You can charge the pro while using it. Not sure about the standard, though.
  • TheHulliCopter
    Oooh i might get it then this thing looks perfect for cruising because i wont have to stir as much
    thanks
  • Bird
    Man, really liked the look of this and was going to pre-order but shipping is $60 to Australia. For comparison the MV1 is $30, The Airvape X is $20 and the Solo 2 is free. $60 is just ridiculous so I guess I'll see if one of the vape stores over hear stocks it when it is properly released. Looks like an excellent little unit. Bud should have shown the air channels, i saw another vid and the vapor path looks really interesting.
  • Other Side
    email and ask them for a custom shipping quote.
  • Bird
    Yeah that's what I did, for some reason my browser was having trouble with the site so I sent them an e-mail to ask directly and they said it would be $61. i don't think they're trying to rip me off, I just think the other companies subsidize some of the shipping cost. In any case I already went over budget so I'm going to have to wait anyway :p
  • DoeyB
    Hello, its been a long time since ive viewed your videos and ive noticed so many new vapes have been released. I remember about a year ago i was waiting for the haze sqaure to release and now that i see thats coming soon im back in the market again for a new vape. Currently i own a volcanoe and some lower tier vapes. Im about to pull the trigger on the ghost mv1 or should i just wait for the haze sqaure? What do you think will be better?
  • justjustin
    i can't say from experience yet but I'd put my money on the Ghost having better vapor and more potent vapor than the haze but I don't have the square yet to compare. The ghost has so much more going for it in terms of design of the heater, air intake, vapor cooling, heat sink than the haze that's basically a chamber sitting on a coil, although I'm sure there is much more to it than I am guesing, I don't know the design of the Square like I know the MV1. I'm not saying it's bad and I'm sure it's amazing but ghost seems to have built their vape around their heating system, where haze built their vape around the 4 chambers for convience. I will hopefully be able to compare the 2 soon but I love my ghost, my go to vape and I'm sure I'll love the haze for different reasons, probably for its convenience because 4 chambers is nuts! The ghost mv1 isn't perfect either but it's an amazing vape for on demand vapor. Also, the MV1 requires a little practice to get the best results but it sounds like the haze Square is a bit easier and less finicky about how you pack chamber to get good vapor. That's what I've heard anyways.
  • DoeyB
    thank you so much justin, im going to pull the trigger on it soon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment