• ghostvapesofficial
    We are very pleased to confirm that the new Ghost App, complete with the latest version of Firmware, is now finally available for Android users on the Google Play Store and can be found by searching for "Ghost Vapes"

The App will enable you to upgrade your MV1 to the latest version of Firmware and will give you a far greater degree of control, with the ability to customize temperatures on favorite levels 4&5 and to operate your device without having to rely solely on the mode button.

We are also planning a range of exciting new features through a series of future updates.

A video and simple user guide to downloading and using the App will follow shortly but the App navigates you through the entire process.

Many thanks to everyone for your patience while we completed this important work.

The Team @ Ghost Vapes
  • Mouette
    Got it, thanks!
  • Lucic and Chong
    As one of the android beta testers, I can confirm that having this app has totally changed my ghosting experience. I just love having full temp control, and of course the updates helped performance too.

I'm excited for everyone else with android to be able to finally use this too.
  • Mouette
    Can't wait to pair it and give it a try, everyone who's tried the app has been so positive about it!
  • GhostMV1User
    Yes, Android version is dialed in and working like a champ.

Buy your MV1's now if you have been waiting!!!!!
  • StuddlyBud
    if you haven't logged out in a long time, you might have trouble logging back in even if the email and password you have been using are correct. I also requested for password change and still wont. Before it said my account was locked but that has resolved by itself but still cannot get into the app. Never had this issue before.

After being OCD persistent, it finally logged me in lol. So if you run into this problem, there could be several things goin on. If you update the app, it could be that it's "settling" if that makes sense..but nonetheless you'll won't be the only one experiencing it and ghost will help out.
  • Kakarot
    congrats Android users!!!!
  • MustB
    Can't get mine to pair for some reason. Any tips please guys?

@ghostvapesofficial
  • Kevinio04
    what are your symptoms? I have an issue as well and I have already sent this over to Patrick / Ghost but interested if you have the same issue as me. Basically on my S8 the app crashes as soon as it tries to pair with the vape. The app runs fine and no other crashes except when I try to pair. Put vape in pair mode, try to pair using the app then the app crashes. Is this what happens to you too? Also, what model phone / android version do you have?
  • MustB

Thanks for the response Kevin though it seems my issue is different to yours. I can pair using the phone's own OS but when I try through the app it's not found. The message 'No Vape Found - Retry?' is displayed. Phone model is Sony XA1, Android version is Nougat.
  • lazylathe
    Super simple download and install!
    Pairing was a breeze and the update went very smoothly.

Still battling with consistent performance but the update seems to improve the performance.
    First session was a half full crucible of last nights material, so very dry. Worked like a bomb with great flavor and big clouds!
    Second session i ground up some 62% humidity bud and performance went down the toilet...
    I dislike having to dry out my bud so much in order for this vape to work effectively.

With dry product it is amazing but with freshly delivered product it is very underwhelming and i turn to my other vapes instead.
  • Lucic and Chong
    You've likely already tried, but if you haven't- try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as well as taking out the battery and putting it back in, to reset the unit to off mode, and try again.

It might do absolutely nothing, but no harm in trying.

In other words, turn it off and on again- that's the limit of my tech knowledge.
  • MustB

I have tried that but to no avail unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)
  • midas
    Thanks for the response Kevin though it seems my issue is different to yours. I can pair using the phone's own OS but when I try through the app it's not found. The message 'No Vape Found - Retry?' is displayed.MustB

You should not pair the vape directly to the OS. I don't know if that's causing your problem or not, but it's not needed and might actually prevent it from working.

If you know how to force stop the app, try that. If not, just reboot the phone. I sometimes have to try 2 times. If it still fails, reboot again or force stop and then take the battery off. As soon as you start the pair again put back in the battery and take it out of standby.

Hopefully that helps. If not, don't worry, their support will take care of you.
  • MustB

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd heard of the pairing outside of the app issue so didn't attempt it until I'd already tried via the app several times. I only did it via the OS to see if it would connect at all, which it did with easy. I'll try your other suggestions now though. Thank you. :)
  • Kevinio04
    Thanks but like MustB already tried both those options, also tried rebooting the phone in between detaching / re-attaching battery etc (multiple times) with no joy. I can see the device in the phones bluetooth list, If I try to pair through here (which I know is prob wrong) the phone shows a pop up asking for a pairing code - at the same time the vape vibrates and 3 green lights flash - like it's about to pair. However before I can try any code on the phone the vape lights turn off

Thanks - as mentioned above I have already tried force stopping the app, re-installing the app, detaching batteries on the vape, rebooting the phone etc. Sure ghost will sort it if the community doesn't have an ingenious suggestions :)
  • MustB

The same happens here ref to phone bluetooth list, though not sure a code has to be entered to pair with this device. It's like it pairs but the app doesn't see it as paired when performing this outside of the app.

I also noticed that when the 3 lights flash and the MV1 vibrates (like it's paired) if you try to hold both buttons again it just vibrates, like it's notifying it's already paired to something.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Kevinio04Kevinio04
    MustBMustB

Hi,

Just waiting for my colleagues @ghostdigitalops and @rikcheese to log in and they should be able to help resolve this.

Don't worry we will get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Best

Patrick
  • Kevinio04
    thanks guys - certainly no stress from my side on it - just fun to see if there is anything that we can troubleshoot as an easy fix.
  • ghostvapesofficial
    With dry product it is amazing but with freshly delivered product it is very underwhelming and i turn to my other vapes instead.lazylathe

The drier the better with convection vapes - we recommend laying the ground material out on white copy paper for 30 minutes if it's wet or sticky.

You will achieve a much higher level of extraction and it doesn't take long to dry.

Hope this helps.

Best

Patrick
  • Tonuzzi
    ↪ghostvapesofficial
    I'm having issues with the Android App. I went to update firmware using the new Android App, now the vape is locked into Pairing mode and won't reset(flashing amber lights). Any suggestions? I think it is bricked now!!
  • bgrpph
    i use the iphone app but lots of times when trying to pair MV1 to app it doesn't seem to want to pair to app- lights flash & apps says searching. every time this occurs i just slip the battery out & put it back in- then hold down button to get it into sleep mode & it pairs right up. try it
  • Tonuzzi

Thanks bro,
    I tried that many times, just worried that it may be bricked. I'm going to try to use my Ipad with the IOS version of the App once I get home from work. Just waiting on Patrick to reply. Hopefully he can shed some light on how to get this vape going again..What a pain in the arse
  • midas
    Supposedly the built in a time out on the vape itself. It's supposed to time out after, I think, 5 minutes. I remember it taking longer, but eventually it worked.

The other thing to try is rebooting the phone and trying the update again. The thing you don't want to do unless told otherwise is to either remove the vape from the app, uninstalling the app or clearing data in the app. You'll lose the pairing and it needs to be paired before you can update.

The app itself should recognize that the vape is stuck in update mode and will tell you that you need to complete it before continuing. If you're not getting that message then the pairing isn't happening. Follow the other hints to get the pairing working and the update should take care of itself.

Sorry, just throwing things out there. Hopefully something helps.
  • Tonuzzi
    Thanks Midas, I'm going to leave it on and hopefully it will time out
  • Mouette
    When I try pairing, a second after the phone searches for a vape, my vape vibrates and the app says 'No vape found - retry?' but then my mv1 won't let me try again for a while, if I press both buttons in order to make it try again, it vibrates and the lights flash five times.

I'm not sure how to make it pair. I've tried a few things, such as removing the battery and putting it back but it's either searching until the vape shuts down, or does that immediate 'no vape found' thing.
  • Summer
    @Mouette, I too can't pair. But app is allowing me to keep trying, but iit's futile. I emailed Patrick & I'm just waiting & trying to chill in spite of another glitch. :(
  • Mouette
    Patrick's seen this thread. They're probably going to tell us to hang tight while their devs figure this out and push a patch to the app. Problem is that the Google store is also going to make them wait before authorizing the patch to go through, so it should be a few days.

That is, if it's software related. Maybe we're all missing something here haha
  • BlluntRapp
    The app keeps crashing on my s8+ as it's pairing, anyone else getting this problem?

I've tried uninstalling and installing the app, restarting my phone, reseating the mv1 battery and the app still continues to crash.
  • Kevinio04
    see my posts earlier. Same issue on a standard s8. I have reported to ghost.
  • Tonuzzi
    The App crashed while the Ghost firmware was updating on my Vape, i use a Galaxy 5 . Now the Vape is locked in Pairing mode and will not pair or do anything else for that matter.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment