• barnangel

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Much appreciated;)
  • BlluntRapp
    There has been an app update and it's currently working properly on my s8+. I've only updated the firmware so far because i had a low battery, so im charging it first before i test it out - im really hoping i can set it to 210c with no temp stepping or charring, other issues etc
  • ghostdigitalops
    Morning all (UK time for me)

@BlluntRapp good spot and beat me to it. We have released a new version of the app so if you are on auto update you will see you should be on 1.0.1. If not then go to the app store and manually update if you would like.

The update is focused on fixing the pairing issue with an early firmware that was on a handful of early devices. Essentially if your app is crashing when pairing then please ensure you are now on version 1.0.1 of the app.

This update is not going to affect many of you now as everyone seemed to contact me yesterday and we manually pushed a fix which is what we then included in this app update.

Thanks guys and as always please DM today if you are having issues.
  • Mouette
    Thanks a lot! Got the latest version of the software on my device now :D
  • Rockytdogg
    I was using my cheap Android tv box running Nougat to set temps on the MV1 thru the tv last night... kinda cool, I guess. It wouldn’t update the firmware but like I said, it’s cheap and a little buggy... I tried using my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 that runs 4.2.2 (KitKat) and it wasn’t visible to me on the play store so I assume its too old... I don’t really care all that much and am happy to wait for the iOS update.
  • elopro
    @ "ghostvapesofficial" @ghostdigitalops, when the firmware update will be available for ios ?????????? and when the next update will be with new functions new features ???????????????????
    @ghostvapesofficial
  • elopro
    sorry for spam ;/
  • ghostdigitalops
    - we are currently testing the iOS app update internally over the coming days so it is coming! One thing we can not then account for is how long the app store will take to approve anything we push live
  • Rockytdogg
    @ghostdigitalops
    Hi, what's the oldest version of android the app can run on? Thanks!
  • ghostdigitalops
    good question and one I have asked our developers to answer. We need to do more backward compatibility testing to really find rock bottom. So far we have seen it go down to v 5.0 and be OK
  • Rockytdogg

I have an old Samsung tablet the runs 4.2.2 (KitKat) and I can’t even see the app on the play store, let alone try to install it...
  • ghostdigitalops
    IN absence of a rock solid official answer from the developers I would say if you can not see the app then your android version is not supported unfortunately. From memory KitKat was released in 2013 - would you be able to update your device?
  • ghostdigitalops
    Official word from the developers - you must have Android v 5.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 as minimums
  • Rockytdogg

Thank you! Yeah, I may try update the tablet later tonight...
  • Bongman420
    def downloading this now
  • Sage880
    Whoo hoo! On vacation but home Sunday and can't wait to pair my device!!
  • Bongman420
    I think if you try and run the firmware update directly after pairing while the lights are still flashing it may fail. once paired, try closing the app and starting it back up. worked for me
  • BlluntRapp
    The MV1 is like a whole new device now the app/ firmware update is out for android. I can set it straight to 220c (max temp) and rip the fuck out of it with no charring, uneven spots etc, On the 4th pull i noticed a very slight 'popcorn' taste, which at these temps is to be expected. I can't comment on whether the vapour quality still degrades as the battery loses charge.
  • ElG992
    @ghostvapesofficial

I've just take a look on your official site, there isn't mentioned that the Android app was released!
    I think there are some people can't know this!
  • justjustin
    Ghost or anyone: are there any tricks to stopping the MV1 when it's in update mode? I have been trying to update from 1.3.2 to the 1.3.4 version of the app i believe and if keeps flashing yellow Lee's whenever I try to use the vape. It was supposed to be updating but it never got anywhere, so I've been trying to pair and finish this update because I can't use the vape. I've had this happen basically the entire app program and somehow it eventually works out but it seems really stuck now. I try restarting app, diff. Batts, taking battery off for various periods of time, repairing etc but it always goes back to flashing yellow leds and just says pairing but never does. I've also gotten to the reset phase a few times and it fully resets but still hasn't fully updated the firmware. I have been using the app with fair/good success previously until I update....
  • midas
    You mentioned trying everything except rebooting the phone. Worth a shot or two (or ten). Curious though, I don't remember a 1.3.2 software version.
  • midas
    By mistake I updated to Oreo today. First time I fired up the Ghost app it found the vape first attempt. I have to say, I'm kind of surprised to be honest.

I'm sure it will make me insane tomorrow.
  • ghostdigitalops
    Sorry to hear about these issues! Can you email me at with the following:

• Make and model of your phone
    • MV1 serial number
    • Android version on your phone
    • GHOST Vapes app version number (go to settings > apps and look for the GHOST app)

For debugging purposes and to speed up a response can you also do the following:

-Download 'BLE Scanner' app from the Play Store (by Bluepixel Technologies)
    -Open this app
    -Look for MV1BOOT (may be as the main name or as Alias)
    -Click on Raw Data
    -email me know how many characters this is and the last 5 characters

Sorry for the lengthy steps however this really gives us all the info we should need to start to identify what could be going on.
  • ElG992
    @ghostdigitalops

It'll be great if we can be able to use the device paired with an android system without able the location.
    When i put it on the phone battery decrease a lot

Thanks guys
  • Russ
    @ghostvapesofficial@ghostdigitalops

Got the android app and updated the phone. Everything went smooth. I have a few questions though.

1. Is there a place we can set a custom temp? I didnt see any options.
    2. Is it possible to name our vapes in the app?
    3. Why does the app need permission for location services? What data are you guys collecting that require the global position of my phone?

Thanks!
  • justjustin
    Ok, finally the yellow leds have stopped and I can vape. Also got my MV1 to pair again but I'll wait a bit before I try the update again. Thanks for all the info everybody!
  • Lucic and Chong

1. You can set your custom temps on red 1 and 2 only, go to the vape temps page on the app. Or sometimes I'll just leave it on the vape temp page, with the unit on red 1 or 2, and adjust all temps manually.

2. I remember during setup being given the option to name a vape, but haven't looked for it since, so it's there somewhere.

3. I read somewhere that location services was needed by Google Play for new bluetooth apps, or something like that. So, not Ghost's choice, more of something they had to have to get the app approved. I could be wrong though, I read it online and the internet is full of misinformation.
  • ghostdigitalops
    all of the above is spot on!

@Russ:
    To name the device you have an opportunity when you first pair - just click on the name that appears in green and you can edit it.
    @ElG992:
    Play Store does unfortunately force us for location info for Bluetooth. We have set it to use the most generic location service.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment