• Namekian
    Would you not get a Sub if you only used flower? I don't really care about taste I'm just looking for maximum extraction. Also do you know if there is any difference between the Apollo and the Dabmaster as far as just flower goes? :)
  • Sublimator427
    If maximum extraction of flower is all you're after then yes the Sub and the other ones mentioned here are the heavyweights in the category. Like I said, I could adjust my unit to put it right on the very edge of combusting and the result was an extremely dense vapor.

I've never been able to use a Dabmaster but other users have said it retains a bit less heat than the Apollo since the ridge for concentrates makes it smaller. The Apollo is the bigger head and has more mass to hold more heat so it's really the best for flower only and double deckers. You can get them all in stainless steel or titanium upgrade.
  • Namekian
    Damn, I found a site with some titanium dabmasters still in stock but I feel I should wait for Sub to actually restock the Apollos now. :/
  • Aj85
    I’ve always loved the Sublimators. I use mine everyday. Unfortunately though, I’ve only owned the Titanium adapt a dabmaster kit and the Titanium Sublimator Eliminator. I have no experience (apart from using a friends years ago) with the Stainless Steel versions and I cannot compare the two.

I brought the Eliminator first, then I brought the adapta dabmaster kit, but I ended up using it so little, that I sold it to a very good friend for a good friend price.

Personally, I much prefer the Sublimator Eliminator because of its much faster heat up times and the much smaller footprint and lack of wires to pull it over. Its great to use outdoors/camping.

It’s definitely got more of a learning curve and to get the most consistent results you’ll need a powerful, reliable blowtorch and a stopwatch app on your phone, and some time and patience to learn the best technique for yourself.

Here’s some old threads I made about the Sublimator Eliminator a couple of years ago.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/100/sublimator-eliminator-

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/518/pics-of-the-sublimator-eliminator-in-use-with-some-sweet-lemon-skunk

I hope you love your new Eliminator. If you need any help or advice regarding the Sublimator Eliminator just ask.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Aj85
    hi,

I just wanted to say I use my Sublimators mainly for flower, I always have, and it’s awesome for flower. Used at lower temperature settings especially with glass the flavour (I use it dry with a couple of ice cubes if needed) is not bad at all. When used at the higher heat settings the flavour isn’t as good, but it’s able to fully extract up to a 0.2g of herb (maximum don’t overload) and a nice dab, pretty much all in a single large inhalation, obviously depending on various factors.

As for the dabmaster kits, Sublimator and other reps say it’s just as good for herb as the Apollo’s, but it’s got the nice little ledge for easier double deckers. They say It’s just a hybrid Apollo and Nail. I’ve used an Titanium Dabmaster million’s of times, and it’s awesome for flower.

To be honest though it’s all unnecessary, as you can also just put a little (rice sized or slightly larger) dab directly on top of the herbs inside the Atomizer cone. I sometimes mix oil into my corasly ground herb and then add a sprinkle of Kief and then vape it. It’s awesome I call it a triple decker. Lol

So I guess what I’m trying to say is,....you won’t be disappointed with either the Apollo or the Dabmaster kit. Definitely try to get a v3 as they look much nicer construction then the older models. The Titanium Sublimator Eliminator also has much better construction than the older models. I sold my Dabmaster and kept hold of the Sublimator Eliminator mainly for the heat up time, portability, improved build quality and smaller footprint.

The reason I love the Sublimator Eliminator is the fact that i can get full extraction of a 0.2g in 30 to 40 seconds. Also it’s so much smaller and easier to handle than the full sized kits are. It’s more like an old school dab rig that works amazingly well with herbs rather than a science experiment.

I think you told me in another thread that they were no longer listed but if you could find a used one they are amazing and much cheaper, but not for everyone I guess. I must admit sometimes I really can’t be bothered with the blow torch and just turn my Evo on. Those are the times I miss my Dabmaster kit, but most the time I don’t want to wait 15+ minutes for equilibrium.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Namekian
    Wow, thanks for all the info man. I've heard that the 2 preform pretty much the same and I've also heard that the Apollo is a little better for just flower. I can get a new version 3 titanium adapt a dabmaster kit right now but with the Instagram post the other day about getting stock back at the official store "really soon" I'm tempted to wait for the Apollo. Its just who know how long "really soon" really is... :/
  • Aj85
    hi,

I’ve used my friends SS Apollo a few times but that was years ago.

Personally, I’ve only had Titanium models and only the Dabmaster and the Eliminator not the Apollo so I can’t compare the two.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it whatever version you go with. Either way they’re both made from the same materials, both are capable of the same level of extraction and both can do double deckers and have the same pros and cons. It’s just that one handles oils a bit better and the other is more optimised for flower.

You did say you where after maximum extraction rather than flavour and that does kind of describe the Sublimator at high temperatures. To be honest I did really like the Adapta Dabmaster kit I was just spoiled by the super quick heat up of the Eliminator, and a friend was pretty much begging (he couldn’t afford a new one at the time) for me to sell it and he kept pointing out I hadn’t used it in about 6-9 months and using logic against me. Lol

I don’t envy you, I hate V.A.S. LOL

You could try emailing them and asking how long they think it would roughly take.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Aj85
    looks nice!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Sublimator427

Honestly he's been showing off the new digital timers for a while now. I would have totally been a customer for one during my 4 year ownership of the XLR 2.0 Apollo but they never became available or were just never in stock. I sold that setup recently and my new Eliminator is about to show up in the mail so too little too late for me unfortunately :sad:
  • Namekian
    Oh wow, didn't know this has been an idea for awhile. Really wish I had some idea when "really soon" is. Sounds like it could mean anything. :/
  • Sublimator427

"It’s definitely got more of a learning curve and to get the most consistent results you’ll need a powerful, reliable blowtorch and a stopwatch app on your phone, and some time and patience to learn the best technique for yourself."

Thanks for the review and links on the eliminator! I think I actually saw those pics on Google Images when I was researching it before picking one up haha. I actually have a Blazer Big Shot torch and a qaurtz nail dab rig for when I want concentrates the old fashioned way. I'm familiar with the whole 40 second heat and cool down techniques so hopefully it isn't too different when I just swap the Eliminator in place of the quartz banger. It really is the perfect fusion of traditional dabbing and Sublimator tech.

Also have my favorite Hamilton watch for the timing. It's amazing how literally no one I know in the community has an actual watch with a second hand for this stuff anymore. Everyone either keeps a little hourglass with their rig or uses their phone clock. Whatever happened to real mechanical watches man, all these youngins with the smart devices now :groan:

Screenshot_20180124-194953_zpsy5nksbaq.jpg

20180202_123002_zpso4cklngg.jpg
  • Sublimator427

As much as I want to be excited whenever the guys at Sublimator say "soon", I've learned over the years not to get my expectations up. I remember the first time they ever showed off the digital timers, it may have been over a year ago now, and they were "coming soon" then too lol. Here's to hoping this time around it actually is available soon. They still look super cool and will provide that long overdue exact temp reading.
  • Baron23
    Nice watch....got a Hamilton for my bar mitzvah...oh, 52 years ago or so! LOL

Being that age, that's probably why my watches still have second hands (well, not the Rado but...).
  • Sublimator427
    The Eliminator arrived earlier today. The titanium is a huge upgrade and the design is indeed much simpler. I'm extremely happy, currently working on getting the timing right :grin:

20180328_145953_zpsefq5uhl7.jpg

20180328_150022_zpszeblty4w.jpg

20180328_150033_zpsartxscfc.jpg

20180328_150118_zps2mcxhuqx.jpg
  • Aj85
    ha ha I’m so guilty of the watch thing and using my digital devices to keep time. You caught me red handed. Lol. This was my screen at the time I read your post.

mihi4ttqx5s24sk5.png

I’ve got a day off and nothing much needs done so I was literally hitting my Eliminator between catching up on vape life. Then I read your comment and cracked up.

That’s a very nice watch. I only have one watch (it does have a second hand) and I only wear it at very important business meetings, weddings, funerals or at court. Basically anytime I’m suited up. Lol

I’m glad your Eliminators arrived and that so far your happy with it. That’s a great torch for the Eliminator. The great thing with the Eliminator is you can heat it and use it in different ways for different effects. Combustion is rare when used correctly.

The main thing to remember is the main heat mass is where the top meets the Atomizer cone, where it says CAUTION-HOT is where you should concentrate most of your heating. The top half of the heat mass above the handle is an expansion chamber and takes less heating especially if your heating the top while you inhale. Most people do.

I think the easiest/quickest technique (the one I use the most) is probably just to heat the Atomizer cone where the two pieces meet no lower than where the writing is, for about 20 seconds on each side, keeping the flame still (rather than moving it around) as you heat it. Then I put my herb in, then put the heat mass back on and heat the top for 5 to 10 seconds (if doing a dab heat the top for 10-20 seconds and then add the dab and the carb cap) before I start my draw, and then I continue to heat the top as I inhale.

I’m sure you will pick it up quickly and hopefully you’ll be loving it soon enough.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Sublimator427
    So after a few days of testing this thing out I definitely love it. It is designed better, performs better, and made from better materials than my old stainless Apollo, especially for concentrate use only. The titanium is much better for flavor and refreshingly lightweight and easy to handle. About 5 pounds of stainless steel and wires from the old rig have been shed and the entire experience is now completely mobile as long as there's a torch around. The only trade-off is the cost of butane. It will be interesting to see the monthly cost with more regular usage. Thank goodness for $3 Zippo bottles at Publix.

Also, this :lol:

cdd89739-a869-44e1-b410-64adeea0ba57_zpszjdvapod.png
  • VapeCritic

I'm dying :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Namekian
    Love your response to him, perfect. :)
    Maybe he would tell The Vape Critic how long "really soon" really is since he seems to jones for your approval. ;)
  • VapeCritic
    Oh man, my Sub started to get a lot of draw resistance so I decided to take her apart for a cleaning, what I found was intense :vomit: but unfortunately not clean enough to save and re-vape cus there was bits of herb all mixed in :cry:

466s5ls30u7p23wx.jpeg
  • Namekian
    Jesus, looks like a couple evil worms! Really a shame you can't use it... :/
  • Rockytdogg

Try to melt it all down gently in butter or everclear...

And then have it sit around in the fridge or on a shelf for a year until you come to terms with the fact that you’re never going to consume it and toss it... like I seem to enjoy doing...
  • VapeCritic

It looked like friggin black tar heroin, which I only know from googling it! :lol:

Normally when I get honey out of a vape like the Crafty for example it's a golden or reddish color and I'll save it and vape it, but this crap was black, I don't even know how long it's been in there but it certainly wasn't fresh lol

There was a TON in there, well over a gram of that stuff, but I couldn't do it, it was too gross, I tossed it :groan:
  • VapeCritic
    Need to start using finer screens!
  • Namekian
    Lol, I'm sure your lungs thank you. ;)
    Just got my Sub from Vapefiend (think they have a couple left if anyone is interested) any quick tips for just herb usage?
  • VapeCritic
    Sweet!

Hmm let's see...

To fully enjoy the flavor start at a low temp, for me that's 5 out of 12 on the dial, and then work your way up.

But if you want a monster hit the first time put it on level 8 or 9.

Start with just a pinch of herb and vape it all in one hit :100: then put like .1-.2g for multiple hits.
  • Baron23
    It looked like friggin black tar heroin, whichI only know from googling it!VapeCritic

Yeah, yeah, yeah....likely story! haha :rofl:
  • Namekian
    Nice, thanks man. Have to wait for the EU to US plug adapter to show up from Amazon. Totally spaced on the fact I was buying from a European seller! :)
  • SunnyHours
    LOL "in a class all of it's own with the Biogassification process"

Just so were clear, what do you think happens inside this machine? Do you think it creates a special kind of heat or something?

It's still a Vaporizer...

And their "Biogassification" gimmick is just bullshit if you ask me...

Have you even tried the FlowerPot and/or Glass Symphony?
    I think the Vriptech Heat Wand can also be added to the list of "Super Vaporizers".

I've tried the Sublimator and yes it's good...but for the price, there's better available. Especially when you look at the craftsmanship, the lack of real bowls (using some kind of silicone grommet to connect the bowl to the glass piece).

I just think for the price, it should be much better made/machined and not look janky like it does.

Go take a look at the NewVape Flowerpot. I'm waiting impatiently for mine in the mail...
    But one quick look and you can see the quality machining, quality of the material, the design is Sublime (pun intended) and it's cheaper than the non-Sublime Sublimator...

I'll tell you what I think of both after I receive my NV FlowerPot :P
  • lazylathe

I have to agree with you as to BS claims but absolutely amazing marketing!!
    Those were HOT words in the vape scene for a while till we all looked up and thought..."Hey, that's BS!"
    And an FYI, for anyone that has deep cleaned their Sub bowl you would have realized that their special "Atomizer" is just a set screw that they drilled a hole through...
    Heat up any vaporizer that has a huge heating element and will almost combust the herb, it is similar to the Sub hit.
    I do not use my Sub anymore either due to better options out now and do not miss it at all.

You will love your FlowerPot!! Mine took over for my Sub and it was still the very 1st generation of FP!
    The FP can give you Sub like hits with ease as well! Just be prepared to take a long nap!!
    The Glass Symphony can hit just as hard as the Sub using FULL convection and a cold bowl.

I do quite like the look of the Sublimator though, looks like it means business!
    And does it ever when someone gets burnt!!
    The whole setup just looks sweet with all the SS parts, valves, glass, heater cages and then the controller. For such an expensive kit and no digital control...

As with every vape out there, they each have their strong following and the Sub is no different!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment