• VapeCritic
    Has anybody here had issues with the Puffco Plus?

Their review page on my vapecritic site has been getting bombarded with complaints for months, it's frightening.

Read a few of the recent comments and you'll see what I mean: https://www.vapecritic.com/puffco-plus/

Puffco even tried to respond to people and help but nobody's havin it :-O

I admittedly haven't used mine a lot but the few times I tested it there were no problems.

Yikes!
  • Cl4ud3
    The problem is when people have issues they take to the forum or some other social media to complain, you don't see the happy customers posting as much.

As for Puffco I know people who love the Plus and use it as a daily driver.
  • VapeCritic
    Very true and me too.

I should use this thread as a lead-in to talk about this subject, because it happens a lot.

Mostly on my review site because that's what people are finding first in google when they start searching after having problems.

And of course more people will be searching who have problems versus people whose pen is working fine.

That's one of the things I like about the forum because it's a little easier for us to catch things quickly and keep things better balanced.

There does seem to be a phenomenon of "runaway complaints" sometimes, where once a vape starts to get a few complaints in a row it starts a snowball effect and more and more people start piling on.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I don't have one, but one of my friends does. I've used it with him a few times, and it's always worked well. But I'm not a big concentrate guy, so it's not for me.

But, I will say, that my friend does nothing but rave about his, and the CS that he has received from them.

I agree that this is the sad state of the internet, people love to complain, but not enough people like to spread love where it's due. I think that a lot of that is because if a person tries to spread some love, they end up having to spend too much time and energy defending themselves against the haters/ship disturbers. And I ,for one, am not going to get dragged down into that negativity, so I won't usually engage in those hate filled threads. There's no changing someones mind, or even having an intelligent conversation with them, when they're that stubborn.

That's one of the reasons that I'm glad that I found this forum, you hear both positives and negatives. And people aren't afraid to share their love for a vape here, quite the opposite in fact.
  • Lucic and Chong
    After reading through that comments more, it looks like so many online complaint threads. A couple of people (Nick and John) are not letting up, and responding to anyone that posts a positive comment, claiming that they must work for Puffco, are a bot, or are just plain stupid. Basically, online bullying. Very likely that they have a few different names on there too.

If you could just filter out those 2 people, the thread would look a whole lot different.
  • VapeCritic
    You're right I didn't notice how many were from those guys!
  • Baron23
    After reading through that comments more, it looks like so many online complaint threads. A couple of people (Nick and John) are not letting up, and responding to anyone that posts a positive comment, claiming that they must work for Puffco, are a bot, or are just plain stupid. Basically, online bullying. Very likely that they have a few different names on there too.

If you could just filter out those 2 people, the thread would look a whole lot different.
    Lucic and Chong

Yep, I was about to post that....you are exactly right, mostly them (pretty much all them).

You never can tell who these trolls are and if they are associated with any other manf.
  • Karec
    got a plus and a hypnos zero, love both but my go to is the plus, only complaint is i can't clean the chamber properly even with ISO...and if u push to clean it u break the bottom...and like most of people know is not that cheap to replace...
    cheers
  • MAbud

I know a few folks with quality issues with Puffco. Some leaked, some stopped working pretty quickly, etc. People I trust enough that I don’t recommend to people looking for concentrate pen. Much better luck with Dr. Dabber Aurora for similar price
  • Gman
    To be honest your concentrate pen reviews are way off and out of touch with what's currently at the top of the market.

Puffco - I can list the issues if you like. Starting with the plus. I have them all.
    Kandypens - still ripping off peoples visas
    Source - Been trying but they have quality control issues still
    Lynx Hypnos zero - top tire build quality but under powered ceramic coil. Outgrew in weeks.

The fact that you don't own a DTv3, SAI or the new Top Flow (TAF) sai is crazy. These are the best wax atomizers on the market at the moment by far. They requires a box mod, but so does any good vape, just like herb vapes. They need proper power.

This is how the champs hit wax and rosin;

https://imgur.com/a/rQ3G3
  • Baron23
    Really? And I thought THIS is how champs hit wax and rosin:

4w36p3v6voxkldbt.jpeg
    Attachment
    Attachment-1 (73K)
  • Gman
    We are talking "pens" here. That is a champs at home setup for sure :)
  • Dazza78
    I have a puffco plus and a pro2 and like them both my only issue with the plus is the battery isn’t great and the ceramic can crack if you fire it on high while it’s very cold, but performance wise I enjoy it a lot and the pro2 is a beast of a little single coil pen, I have my full reviews on YouTube and insta
  • Mc69
    I personally think it is based on usage. I use my d-nail halos and liger 95% of time, but love hooking up my Puffco plus with my nibbler AC for a few sessions a week. I don't view these pens as daily drivers so I get long use out of them. I think problems occur when they are pushed too hard
  • Baron23
    I personally think it is based on usage. I use my d-nail halos and liger 95% of time, but love hooking up my Puffco plus with my nibbler AC for a few sessions a week. I don't view these pens as daily drivers so I get long use out of them. I think problems occur when they are pushed too hardMc69

+1

And not to make fun of any of our younger members, but how many times have we seen some young dude come on the board complaining that his pen leaked....after he poured a 1/2 g of oil into it!! haha

Like yourself, I use Liger and D-nail SiC Halo (love them both) but do like the convenience of my pens/carts from time to time. Particularly to put a little bed time kick into my night time pain/sedation session.

Cheers
  • VapeCritic
    I am aware my pen list is not a popular one, I do actually have the Sai & DVT3 now and will be reviewing them soon and adding to my page, however they are not true vape pens so it's a tricky one.

still ripping off peoples visasGman

did you see my response to this here? https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2604/time-to-take-kandypens-out-of-the-equation
  • VapeCritic

If you had to make a top 3 list of best actual vape pens what would it be?
  • VapeCritic
    I know other people think what Gman does so I'll ask this here also, what do you guys think the ratio is between people who take a couple of puffs from a vape pen and people who rip it like a dab rig?

I'll tell you, it's 90%+ people who take a few puffs and just want a sleek & small pen, so I recommend first what 90% of the people coming to my page are looking for.

The HVT stuff will be what I end up recommending for heavier users who don't mind the bigger size, there is no denying it is very high quality.
  • Gman
    Kandypens is obviously using a 3rd party cc company from some 3rd world county that's STILL ripping off credit cards. They even admitted to it in the past, yet it's happening again, how is that fking possible? How you can defend them at this point is upsetting. You should be putting a boycott on them until they fix their shit. They have DOXed customers in the past as well. So the longer you associate with them, the more tarnished your rep will be once they finally get charged by the feds. It's really only a matter of time at this point. But enough on that topic.

As for my top 3 wax atomizers;
    1) Top Air Flow SAI with Ti cup is king right now. #1.
    You can order the TAF cap and coil kit to transform your OG sai into the new TAF Ti cup for 25$
    2) DTv3 was the old title holder now sits at #2
    3) The third place is currently up in the air because the maker of the DTv3 has made a new Quartz Quest Device that's had some first run production issues. When that's fixed this whole list might shake up. But for now 3rd place is with the original SAI or the QQ if you don't mind running wattage mode.

As for "pens", there is not much on the market that's "great". They are either too expensive, or too under powered or the build quality is dangerous. But if someone wants a "pen" for both convenience and or stealth, these would do for 1 or 2 hits on the go;
    1) - Source Slim -4 - This has buckets even though they aren't great, but it helps.
    2) - Lynx Hypnos Zero - but way over priced for replacement coils. The donut will not hit hard enough for most users.
    3) - vape710.ca or maxvaper oil carts. You need distillate or terp liquefied oil to run these, but nothing beats a cart for on the go.
    Adding Vapecritic tag here also: @VapeCritic
  • Gman
    And I don't touch my rig since getting the TAF sai with poseidon. There's no reason now to wait for the nail to heat up when I can take instant, temperature controlled hits now that taste just as good.
  • AVENTUS
    In theory the puffco plus was ahead of its time, but heat issues, very restrictive airflow, airflow holes too low on walls, the tapering of the chamber to make concentrate more likely to "jump up" onto the dart....

Plethora of issues I had to get replacement atomizers for the first batch that got way too hot, then I had to drill my replacement atomizers to get the airflow to function well.

Source, Linx, and now even Kandypens all make better performing options.
  • Gman
    you really should try this thing man, everyone who has gone this way from reddit comes back joyous. Like this guy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/7xkbbu/its_valentines_day_and_i_have_fallen_in_love_all/
  • Baron23
    Looks very cool but I have a handful of DT atomizers I rarely use as it is.

Like I said (or thought I did haha), I'm an older guy who vapes at home and the full enails do me just fine. I do have a box mod and Source Nail kit...just don't really use it but I can see where many would not want to mess with an oil rig and these are alternatives that have gotten much better in recent years.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment