• Beamer
    Anyone in the pot stock game?
    I have jumped in and am holding 2 companies currently...
    Just looking to see if there are any other investors kicking around on here?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Aha, TWMJF, take a look. It’ll blow your mind
  • SirCrackKillaH
    There are quite a few companies. I’m trying to educate myself more right now on it. Canada is exploding right now and will continue to grow.
  • Philly
    I love that ArcView is the name of a MJ investment firm. I think there are other tech folks on the board but that is the name of GIS software that has been around forever. I think the name has changed last year but surprised that ESRI is not all over them with a law suit. There is definitely a link between geospatial data geeks and vaping.
  • Beamer
    I will have to check that out,
    Right now I’m in with Aurora and radient technologies...
    I like to think I’m in a interesting position and have access to info that most don’t/won’t see so I’m scrambling to get more $$$ into the game
  • 420edc
    Former insider of a pot stock. Not a bad time to get in. Good luck!
  • Beamer
    @420edc how do you mean?
    Former insider? Of which stock?
    Fell free to pm
  • VapeCritic

My current holdings LOL

0e0qkuvf6cew1cuv.jpg

In 2014 I bought $3k worth of 3 different MJ penny stocks, but I ended up buying them at the top and took it on the chin.

Already sold the other 2 stocks for write-offs after they were down 95%+ :-! :-!

I'm only down 83% with GBLX! LOL
  • VapeCritic
    The stock I lost 99% on was VAPE by the way :-! :-! :-!
  • Magicman
    These losses mean nothing to the Vape Critics' deep pockets.
  • Beamer
    Lol good stuff bud,
    I’m holding long on acb and rti and sure hope I don’t stay in the red for long lol...
    I’m holding for the long term we will see where it ends up...
    Hopefully not like yours lol sorry dude
  • 420edc
    Prefer not to promote the stock by mentioning them, there are a lot better plays in the industry now compared to the years when I was in with a public OTC company. Some of the Canadian stuff could be a bit overvalued currently. Jeff Sessions took the wind out of the sails last month for the US sector from what I saw and my portfolio felt.
  • Philly
    Best investment is to buy a grow set up.

I have two friends that don't need to work anymore because they got into bitcoin when it first started.....kicking my self for not getting involved.
  • Baron23
    Kick yourself all you want, my friend Philly, but please believe me that there are a 1000 stories of people going broke on highly speculative investments for each story like your two friends.
  • Beamer
    @420edc I don’t agree with you about the Canadian stocks being over valued...
    The numbers they currently have are based on very little sales. Really just medical sales which are low sales and high profit currently.
    I don’t think our guberment year really understands what is going to happen going full recreational across the board so I think that these numbers are conservative... I hope so anyways haha
  • Beamer
    @Philly best investment is to buy a grow op? Not sure I follow you on that either....
  • Rockytdogg
    So you can save money growing your own....?
  • To the Cloud
    I've got some GWPH, TSE and just a smidge ($1k) in Namaste to see what happens. Alot of them just had huge pops and are coming back down. So I will buy more when they get cheaper. However with the economy as good as it is I don't know how much risk exposure I want here when index funds are returning 15%
  • Philly
    your right but everytime I see one of their IG posts of them living the high life I can't help but wonder... if I started minning with them when it all started would I have to work the insane hours I do or at all.
  • Philly
    I was just saying growing is a better investment
  • Beamer
    Growing could be a better investment but I guess that all depends on your situation...
    Grow to sell?
    Grow your own?
  • Ctipp22
    I have aurora cgc
  • juxt

Not good for Namaste necessarily, their guy is no Elon Musk ;) But unless you own some probably not too impactful right?

I have heard horror stories about them and related folks screwing people.
  • To the Cloud
    yeah the fact they only are running at like a 20 million a year in revenue makes the short position so much more terrible for them. I actually doubled my money in Namaste but then bought alot more ahead of the Cannmart approval deal. That made it pop , but only 10%. Since then down 40%

It is hard to tell as if they can be the e commerce supplier of MMJ in Canada they could soar to the moon, sounds like alot of other companies up there are getting approval too.

However what tends to happen is if you sell it goes to the moon and you miss out, if you hold it tanks and you lose all your money. I'm holding a bunch of different ones and have been for a while, there's going to be winners and losers and it's long term prospecting.
  • To the Cloud
    It should also be noted all this stuff put out by Citron is speculation. The shorts always try to drum up sentiment to make people abandon the stock so they make a boatload of money. Look at what Ackman did to Herbalife only to lose millions on millions.
  • juxt

Don't get me wrong, I've no love for short holders. I think Ackman made his money back though right? I had a buddy go through the Herbalife thing so I'm sensitive to that, you know?

I can't tell yet where the winners are going to be. I think aurora and canopy are certified winners now, if that plays out in the long term we'll see. I don't like the tactics I've seen from Namaste, but I'm not holding them and hope you do well :)
  • To the Cloud
    They closed out their short and converted it to put options , so would have lost a bunch on that.

Yeah I hear you , I don't know anyone who works for MLM companies so I don't want to knock it , but the whole thing sounds questionable to me. There is a pot MLM company out here actually, some poor guy stopped by the office trying to get me to sign up and put his flyers in the California orders. It was set up like a pretty raw deal you have to generate so many orders to make a commission and then it was like 3% plus someone can just go to the site buy something not using your link and you get no credit.
  • To the Cloud
    WOWZA , what a shitty 2018 for pot stocks. It was very much a mania, like Bitcoin last year. The funny thing is if you look at the financials for these companies it's no wonder most are trading down 70% from their highs, there is still so much down room , however timing it is going to be the tricky part. You never know when they are going to get acquired and the future earnings are priced in.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/12/29/where-will-canopy-growth-be-in-5-years.aspx
  • EconMan

I won't even touch them right now.
  • To the Cloud
    Sean Dollinger out at Namaste , wondering if they will get acquired , glad I sold this one in the $2 range https://www.potnetwork.com/news/breaking-namaste-tech-fires-ceo-sean-dollinger-amidst-allegations-fraud-breaches-fiduciary-duty
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment