• Saeed
    I wonder if vape lounges will replace or cary the RC units and sell the capsules separately at the front; pre-packed.
  • Saeed
    Yah, the EV chamber is nice thing to have.
  • Saeed
    I have the Crafty and the Mighty. I originally wanted the Mighty but a friend talked me out it because of its large size. A month later I bought the Mighty and never use the Crafty as a backup vape. Stored in dashboard plugged into via USB. I can say the Mighty is farrrr more reliable in its computer electronics and battery life. This is partially credited to its native display. There's just less happening. Also if the vape has half the battery; warming up takes twice as long. Isn't the battery actually use time less than 1/3 of the time it takes for the Mighty. not to mention its bluetooth radio.
  • Baron23
    What vape lounges? ....in Amsterdam? :s
  • Saeed
    Baron23! good to hear you're in AMS. I don't know of any vape lounges that provide what i mention above however think it would be a good idea and wonder if storz and bickel design these capsules w that in mind
  • Saeed
    ill keep this in mind next time, i pack mine in quite tight i could see how that restricts air.
  • Baron23
    I'm not in Amsterdam...I'm in Maryland! LOL

I just had no idea about any vape lounges here....anywhere.

I understand (but have not been there) that in AMS they do rent vaporizers...whether they sell doses prepacked or not....well, I have no idea, really :-!

Anybody..

And no, I think that S&B's intent was to provide for the medical cannabis community and the dosing capsules provide easy mean for pre-measured doses and in particular would be handy for a care giver who prepares multiple days of doses for their clients at a time. Just my thoughts though as I don't have any inside info about S&B.

Cheers
  • oldskuule
    eocb5rxa7ttadzv4.jpg

Here's an ideal at-home storage container, 99 cents each from The Container Store:

X-Small Hinged Box SKU#: 10054862

These containers are just the right height for dosing capsules, hold six or seven capsules each, and the containers fit easily into the same airtight humidity-controlled glass jars where I keep tea bags filled with different flower.

Bormioli Rocco Fido Square Jar with Blue Lid, 17-1/2-Ounce
    T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 3-Size
  • VapeCritic
    Pretty sweet thanks for sharing!
  • Kallapryy
    Sent my Mighty off for warranty work (broken pieces around the chamber) and ordered some of the normal and the concentrate capsules. Have there been any new tips or tricks to using these yet? Do they perform better packed or loose? Fine or normal grind? Looking forward to trying these out when I get my Mighty back.
  • DregerUS
    When I used the crafty/mighty for the first time, I realized I was finally medicating myself, I was no longer searching for or trying to reach a certain point of "intoxication". I thank you creator.
  • DregerUS
    Not bad I was skeptical at first but I like how they reduce the quantity of material
    2 ways by using the device as intended and something that I just tried that seems to work very well
    Try placing a small amount Just A Pinch just enough to fill the bottom but with no material overlapping M place just the bottom of the capsule and use it as a spacer
    You don't have much room to work with so we have to make sure the material is finely ground and just barely covers the screen no overlap
    Drop in just the bottom portion of the capsule and you noticed you have the perfect spacer this will give you 3 to 6 great drawers if you set the temp on max play with it because I'm having fun
  • DregerUS
    I'm trying to get in touch with a company the mix the honeycomb glass filters
    The perfect solution would be a glass custom honeycomb spacer set bill for our crafty and my t something for half Bowl quarter bowl. Vape credit can you help us out on this?
  • DregerUS
    I take that back about the glass spacers and may need something that's more heat conductive like stainless steel honeycomb spacer they still will go with the idea of quarter half and budget Bowl

Also using the bottom capsule portion as a spacer you actually don't need to set it at Max temp but a higher temp seems to be beneficial
  • DregerUS
    interesting we need some stainless steel versions of these capsulesfr9qpuwf3ut4fa7a.jpg
  • pedro matoso
    hello were did you find those capsules holders?
  • DregerUS
    Unable to find the capsules in SS. And I don't understand how a generic imitation competitor has already come out with better accessories.

Disappointed, already confirm that it won't fit. I would like to have one of these for The Crafty or mighty to support water. yes there's others.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.puffitup.com/Boundless-Universal-Adapter-p/bound.106-wpa.htm&ved=0ahUKEwiUnr2E6vzPAhVIbiYKHY68DqoQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEiFXXD5hBuJBw0m7M8GtUOrXUJow&sig2=SYvd9MkBTj30LncJtbNjiA

Can we get a better alternative than aluminum for these capsules. Is there a health concern is normally aluminum is not used for these functions why not stainless steel this is a question for storz and Bickel
  • Baron23
    why not stainless steel this is a question for storz and BickelDregerUS

Thermal conductivity of aluminum = 200 W/(m K). This is good
    Thermal conductivity of SS = 16 W/(m K). This is not as good

Thermal conductivity can be defined as "the quantity of heat transmitted through a unit thickness of a material - in a direction normal to a surface of unit area - due to a unit temperature gradient under steady state conditions"

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-conductivity-d_429.html
  • DregerUS
    I was trying to express concern in regards to the aluminum for health and flavor reasons.
    My suggestion was stainless steel rather than glass as a spacer.
    I think storz and Bickel should provide a stainless steel option 4 a more durable permanent solution. They are very flimsy
  • Hitz
    Thanks for the Science lesson, always learning something new :D
  • Baron23
    Hi - well, can you help me understand what your concern is about these dosing capsules being made, presumably, out of aluminum?

Aluminum
    - Melting Point Temperature = 695 C (1283 F)

- Boiling Point - Vaporization = 2327 C (4220 F)
  • DregerUS
    i guess because they leave a noticeable taste difference
  • Baron23
    I have the dosing capsules for my Volcano and don't notice any taste impact but my nose and tongue are not the most sensitive in the world (well, pretty understandable considering what I have put them through! LOL)
  • DregerUS
    It's not a very noticeable taste let me see if I can explain. It's a little bit like the way beer tastes from bottle or can, there's a little bit of a hint of a tin can/cup. Maybe close to the flavor of a new screen during its first burn in. Or the metallic taste from some e-cigarette nicotine Vapse.

Have you got desperate and smoked it out of a soda can? Not strongly but there's a hint of metallic flavor with these caps. If I'm not mistaken I think this issue has been discussed in other forums in regards to the preferredability of glass towards other materials. From my understanding that's why the screens are made from stainless steel.
  • Kallapryy
    So I have been using the capsules exclusively since getting my Mighty back from repair. I find them convenient, easy to load when I use my Vapir NO2 scoop with the tamping tool that came with the mighty to tamp the load in the capsules. I did find that grinding too fine would cause loose herb to find its way into the cooling unit...something I was hoping to avoid because I like to recycle what I get in the cooling unit and use with my Kandypen Galaxy. I switched to a finder screen and went with a normal grind and that appears to have fixed my concerns. Using the concentrate pads is easy to use, but a little harder to clean. Does anyone have any tips with using bubble hash and the concentrate pads? I wasn't able to get what I would consider good results my first attempt.
  • Al Vaper
    The best thing about these is I can turn the Vape on, let it heat up and when it's ready, drop in a pod . There is no loss of vapor at all. Add to .that the ability to open carry and load without anyone even knowing what im doing. These are a total game changer
  • Saeed
    yes I agree! I do the same :) I carry two or three capsules in my front pocket; no smell and very discreet.
  • silat
    You say that a loaded dosing capsule does not smell? How can that be possible?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment