• Th3rd3y3
    Yeah, I love the keychain for dosing capsules. It's fantastic on the go. The only nuisance is either emptying the keychain and moving the used capsule to the back of it or sticking the capsule in your pocket. I never minded putting used capsules in my pocket, but it can make it more challenging to hold onto em.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Keychain tube for sure man. Madd discreet for sure.
  • pedro matoso
    hello, do you guys reuse the capsules? or just use one time?
  • Baron23
    I have been using two of them intermittently for almost a year!! LOL But they are like 38 cents each so really are disposable.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I've never cleaned mine. Same deal, well over a year for me too. They cost pretty much nothing so replacing is easy but I haven't had a reason the replace.
  • Kinick23
    I got a replacement Crafty that came with one capsule and used it in both the crafty and mighty for over 6 months before finally ordering a magazine of 8 on eBay. If you’re delicate with them and clean weekly they can last a while.
  • pedro matoso
    well more or less what i do also, use them a couple of times clean them and repeat, thanks guys
  • Bufatutu
    I've been playing and experimenting with my new Crafty and the dosing capsules for two weeks now. This is the most fun I've had since I started vaping four years ago. Trying various heat settings and amazed that I can get really nice clouds as low as 340F. The capsules are so much easier to use when on the go. I've taken the Crafty XC skiing the last three days and found its so easy to exchange capsules even in windy cold temps.(I keep the vape in a padded little camera bag that keeps it from getting too cold for at least a few hours--I also put it back into its padded pouch while its still warm.) I love how clean using the caps keeps the vape--just a little brush out of the the lower screen and knocking and blowing out the top screen and its ready to go. Also keeps it cleaner inside as well. To my surprise, the weed is perfectly and evenly roasted in the cap--No need to constantly stir, as I've had to do with my FF2, CF, etc. I've also tried making little sandwiches when I load the caps--a bit of weed, a bit of kief, and a bit more weed. Excellent.

I've weighed numerous caps and I consistently get between .07 and .1 grams per load. Three or four very strong hits at regular temp and another hit or hit and a half at boost.

I've also figured out how to handle the caps for convenience, smell and safety: I ordered two of the blue and orange cap containers, (which are amazingly cheap!)--when I go out one is filled with full caps and the other empty. After finishing a cap, while its still hot, I just roll it into the empty container. The containers have a rubber grommet and are odor free and water and air proof. The magazine is also easy to roll used hot caps into and I've put a little line with a permanent marker to remind me which are new and which are used. Also use an empty large round plastic camera lens filter holder to hold all the empties, which I've dumped the abv out of. I wait until most caps are empty before having a filling session. The initial caps have now been used a dozen or more times and show absolutely no need for cleaning. Filling 18 caps takes about 15 minutes, or less, from start to final clean-up.

The only downside I have found with the caps is that they are too convenient and too much fun. Even though they are incredibly efficient, the caps make vaping so much fun that I'm doing twice my usual allotment and developing a bit of a cough. Though the cough might be related to the amazing deep cloudy draws I'm getting with my Crafty hooked up to the Globe bubbler. Too f'in' good!
  • Steelers
    the caps make vaping so much fun that I'm doing twice my usual allotmentBufatutu

I think, ohhhh that capsule was so good I'll just do a couple back-to-back. Heck it's still less than if I just fill the mighty chamber. I can do three, wait was that three or four? Who cares, pop in another...

And so the trouble begins...
  • Bufatutu
    I'm a Boston native and a Pats fan. Tomorrow is going to be a great game. That is, if Brady and Co. aren't in the doldrums, as they were last week against Miami. Maybe Tom was just missing the Gronk. Sorry, but I hate Ben R.
  • Steelers
    you should go over to @Rockytdogg s house for the game!

Yeah, depends on which offense of our shows up as well. It better be a good game, so much on the line...
  • MrGustoHimself
    I was looking for the best place to post my experiences with the Dosing Capsules and the Volcano and this was the the best place I found to post.

Contrary to most, I actually really dig the Dosing Capsules—especially when I am alone or low on herb. Like anything else though, there is a curve.

The curve, I have found is to just increase whatever temperature desired by +15-17 Celsius or about 27(plus or minus) Fahrenheit.

So if you normally vape at 185C start these at 200C
    Or
    If you vape at 365F turn it up to 392F

(I actually give it 17degrees Celsius increase but I am a madman
  • PTSDoobie
    also looking for a place t o talk a bout those dosing capsules ,
    i vape in the mighty/crafty about 3 grams a day . i have bunch of vaporizers , none of them is getting close to the (dry herb) portability of the crafty with the capsules.
    i load them with 0.15 g each , 20 capsules a day is still a lot so i hope some new companies start produce dosing accessories specially the ghost mv1 , they really don't need to work so hard to adjust capsules for the device , when you need to take a hit every 45-60 min and the medical cannabis program doesn't allow use of extracts - capsules just make life easier (:
    Attachment
    mighty kit (293K)
  • MrGustoHimself
    Damn. Half of my post got cut off -.-

The only “downside” I found when I use the Capsules through my Volcano is that the ABV I use for my edibles is less potent. This may be caused by the Conduction element that is introduced by these Capsules (especially at higher temps and they heat up.) This could be an arguing point as to wether or not the Dosing Capsules are a more efficient way of extraction?? Still have mixed feelings about this.
  • DregerUS
    f*** I hate when that s*** happens

And by the way yes I agree with everything you're f****** saying ... bro I went through the same s*** using the mighty
  • Baron23
    You may be right. I do like to put a liquid pad on top of my Mighty loads to add a bit of conduction and my AVB comes out a very even brown.

I'm good with that! haha
  • DregerUS
    me too cool Baron. 23
  • MrGustoHimself

If one isn’t making edibles out of or saving Volcano poo anyway, extracting the most out of the herb from the very start would be pretty important.

According to this study: https://volcanotips.com/featured/just-efficiently-volcano-vaporize-weed/
    Even at max settings almost 50% of the initial THC is left in the material.
    As I mentioned my edibles come out less potent if I ran them through the Dosing Capsules — probably closer to like 30% THC leftover (mind you I am pulling this number out of my ass and none of what I mention has actually been tested, just experienced by me)

Here is a pic of 2 EZ Bags or 4ft of DENSE Vapor I pulled from some King Diamond OG ;)
    Ran about .2 @ 222C (431F) about 3 mins ago =D

gvf04fwkz35o95b7.jpeg
  • MrGustoHimself

So you know how it is!! Do you still use the Dosing Capsules/Mighty??

I don’t have a Mighty but I imagine I would totally use them on it if I did. I’m still on the fence about picking one up..
  • DregerUS
    I was reusing them many times.... but when I was out and about I would toss them so They Were Expendable for me but no and yes I was also using the keychain that's a Nifty little cool thing

F*** eBay those pieces of s*** bro that s*** is badass right

Ifucking wasn't able to weigh that s*** I tried I think I remember trying I don't know man I don't think my skills that sensitive I failed on that one

Okay hold up so I was saying yes right I hate when my message gets distorted by somebody's f****** horrible naive childish viewpoint or rather knowledge database. I mean simplest terms that mother f***** came and possibly comprehend my s*** and I know this text to chat f***** all that s*** up

And then in my previous message I agreed with him

Is that a little ghost red thing in the background of that photo yo I know you knew it was there when you took that photo I mean it's right there on the edge and it's red so you were like yeah

what what the f*** are you talking about.... what could you possibly be on the fence about it is a very healthy alternative I would not hesitate especially if you're burning what the f*** you thinking
  • MrGustoHimself

How long have you had yours?? How often do you use it? I just heard some nasty stories here and there, about it failing and stuff.

Been using my CFX and a water adapter as an alternative to the Volcano. The heat up time is about 30 secs and the chamber fits around half a gram of ground herb. So it gets the job done when I need a quick fix

And no, the Dosing Capsules do NOT fit in the CFX.

gfbr676se97ewlb4.jpeg
  • DregerUS
    I think I need to put the dragon to sleep
  • DregerUS
    bro f****** breathing is a little difficult at the moment so I'm sticking to the edibles ... and my f****** pain is atrocious today on my f****** birthday

Did you see that Google gave me candles
  • MrGustoHimself

My dude, it sounds like you’re on a good one already
  • DregerUS
    no
    But I'll give you a heart anyways.

I gave you one and then I realized didn't I give your first one?
  • MrGustoHimself

HAH!! You did. Just started the account, been reading on here for a while but never got around to talking.

Bud’s review on the Volcano convinced me.. picked one up back in November and the rest is history 8-)
  • f0Nz
    Hi everyone,

didn't want to start a new thread for my problem so i'm bumping this one up.

I discovered some metallic abrasion of the dosing caps since i'm using some cardboard as underlay.
    001.jpg
    002.jpg

On the lower part of the first pic you can see all those little "aluminum stamps" from filling the caps. Then i rubbed it over the paper plate and it's almost like writing with a pencil.

The second pic shows an iso soaked tissue after cleaning the oven. Marked with a 2 is the resin part. Marked with a 1 is the lower part of the oven where the screen gets clipped in.

So there is clearly silver greyish abrasion and i think this is not good or healthy. Anybody experiencing the same?
    I'm not using my caps since then.
  • BobCat
    I've never had that issue. The melting point of aluminum is 660°C. Are all your capsules reacting this way?
  • BudsofWar
    not an issue here, these capsules are best thing since sliced bread :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment