• artv4nd3l4y
    True Terpenes Viscosity Liquifier Review:

This is long overdue, mixing had been taking up a lot of my time. Hence why I'm getting into hotplates to automate it, I successfully used it to mix my first Viscosity attempt. Unfortunately I was anything but impressed by the Viscosity Liquifier product. I followed their instructions exactly, but found .1ml/gram to be a ridiculous amount as you can read I said it would be in previous comments. I barely even want to finish the mix, it could be simply that it's took thick for the CCell TH210 and explains the harshness, but then again there is no better portable cart when it comes to thick liquids.

Even with this small amount, I feel as though the taste is tainted in a bad way. So I'm just wondering how it will be when I use the amount that's actually necessary, obviously they have no clue what that is given their instructions. My guess is if it tastes bad already, imagine how it will taste with more of it... On a positive note, I also have been using their terpene isolates and find them to be useful.

At this point, I'm not too interested in the Viscosity Liquifier, seems to be a waste. After doing all the research it's starting to make me wonder about making my own terpene blend with pure isolates. Surely this is all that's being done, of course the truth is anyone with decent lab skills can make this stuff since the ingredients are readily available. The real value is in the research for the formula, which is exactly why Connoissuer Concentrates and many other manufacturers won't release the ingredients used.
  • Cmatz
    Yeah, Terps in ny mind should just be a HINT of flavor. I'd rather not taste enough than too much.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Yeah every "flavorless" blend so far definitely adds to it, the only one I haven't tried yet is the Puff Magic Synergic. Although the Connoissuer Concentrates blend I use is Tahoe OG, so I haven't technically tried their flavorless yet either (more expensive). The funny part is, the Connoissuer Concentrates Skywalker OG is closer to flavorless than anything else I've tried. The Tahoe OG just gives a hint more of flavor, and still I have yet to find anything give as consistently good results.
  • Cmatz
    I've only tried wax liquidizer... yeah I know :razz: and now Fogg Cutter. Adding Terps from some company on Amazon. They are cheap and do the trick.

qjjso048s14a7h4i.jpg
  • juxt
    Wow, I so want you guys to figure this out so I can do mine!

err ... sorry for riding on your coattails :)
  • artv4nd3l4y

The best solution is still Connoissuer Concentrates, at this point the only other one is Puff Magic Synergic that could possibly compare. Every other product either adds too much undesirable taste (Cutter and Viscosity Liquifier), is highly toxic (PG, PEG or VG based Wax Liquidizer or various ripoffs such as Vapeur Extract), or simply doesn't work well for it's intended purpose (i.e. grains up after a few days into non-liquid form).
  • artv4nd3l4y
    True Terpenes Viscosity Liquifier is 20% off until July 1st
  • Zep4
    While perusing FoggFlavorLabs site I noticed that besides their flavorless Cutter they’ve also added a bunch of new flavored terps like Chernobyl.
  • Cmatz
    Did this for one of my better Rubi pod fill. Pretty happy with the outcome.

0.6g of rosin
    2ml of Fogg Cutter
    5 drops of Delta9 Labs terpenes

Heat the cutter and rosin together in a small vile using a lighter. Afterward, I add 5 drops of the delta9 terps. Use a syringe to load it into the pod. Let it sit for 15 minutes then dry hit (no battery) to prime it. Good to go!

If any one has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
  • artv4nd3l4y

Good to hear you like the results, are you finding the Cutter doesn't have an overwhelmingly undesriable taste to it when used at that high of a ratio?

The mix I did varied as it went on but overall it was:

1ml Cutter to 1.7 grams of Shatter.

I found it was usable, but the taste of the Cutter was too strong for my liking even compared to the flavored Connoissuer Concentrates. Now 2ml to .6 grams of Rosin will be very pricey, especially with the added terps. For my ideal mix, only .4ml of Connoissuer Concentrates is needed for 1 gram of shatter. To need to use more when the cost is the same to me just can't be justified, on top of having an undesirable taste. I wonder if your added terps are offsetting the poor taste of the "flavorless" Cutter however. On the other hand, when I used .4ml of Cutter I liked it even better than Connoissuer Concentrates, of course it grained up less than a day later so hard to call it a "liquidizer" when that happens so quickly.
  • Zep4
    9eeun1mgosz6mwh8.jpeg
    Shatter inside Rubi pod. Roll into a thin rod, push thru opening, push around with pick tool. Can only fill one side but does not leak so far (because it’s so hard if for no other reason). I’ve been doing a this for weeks with no cutter, terps or Liquidizer.
  • juxt

Dude, I can respect .... but it seems janky ;)
  • Zep4
    The only leaky pods I had were when I used Wax Liquidizer.
  • artv4nd3l4y

It's ideal to not use any additives when whatever you're using can vaporize it, but it looks like it's turning dark/black in that picture. That would be my only concern.
  • Zep4
    I had just put it in so it is just the picture. It hasn’t darkened at all. I go easy on the first hit to not overheat it too much. Then nice long draws.
  • Zep4
    janky? Because it’s unaltered...lol?
  • artv4nd3l4y

How long do the Rubi pods last for you with the pure wax?
  • Zep4
    I bought my Rubi and 9 pods about a year ago and still have 7. Two, I tossed after 1 leaked out a little at one of the holes at the bottom and the other leaked all around the bottom when I’d squeeze the pod. The picture shows that one. I was using Wax Liquidizer, then terps from FoggFlavorLabs to thin my shatter. Then I got the leaks, read here that someone had called Kandypens and been told it’s the Liquidizer that makes the pods leak so I switched to plain shatter and had np with the rest of the pods. I’ve refilled them all too many times to count, but I never totally finish each one before refilling as I don’t want to risk burning the wick. I just took a chance with a little shatter just to make sure it would vape. Now I just fill it up. One side only. I can’t fit more in, but who cares. I just refill when I need to. Roll up a little, shove it in and try it. Could not be more simple.6dt6m5mss0k9w0dl.png
  • Zep4
    Yo Art...sorry that was for you.
  • Zep4
    And I’m not using pure Wax...I’m using pure shatter. Wax might be better or worse idk. I haven’t tried just Wax alone. I’ve also just squeezed in distillate and other times whole flower extract bought from my dispensary but they’re thinner and nearly twice the cost and imo could leak. I have not had an issue yet with the other 7 pods. They aren’t all I vape from, but I hit them at least 6-10x a day.
  • artv4nd3l4y

By Wax are you referring to what would be synonymous with Crumble? I have heard people refer to them differently as well, but also the same. The crumble will take a little more to liquify generally being more dry on average, and wax/crumble generally grains out more if you leave it in the open, sometimes you can touch it briefly without it sticking, then again I have some shatter I can touch for a little bit without it sticking.
  • bkrieger
    Hello,
    I have purchased the Skywalker OG connoissuer concentrates direct, and I am getting ready to mix it with the concentrate shatter. I have been following this forum and I see the correct ratio would be .4 ml of the connoissuer concentrates to 1g of shatter.

I have 2 questions- I read on here that it is recommmended to heat it no more than 140 degrees F.

The only experience I have with his is using wax liquidizer, and on their website there was a video where they filled a pot with water a couple of inches over low heat, put a shot glass on the water with the gram of concentrate, and with the provided syringe, measure out the filler.

Is this method of heating OK for using these connoissuer concentrates terps?

Also, if I need .4 ml of the connoissuer concentrates, the syringe I have starts at .5. What is the recommended way of measuring out?

Lastly, I read that it is recommended when mixing this to let it set for at least 13 hours before filling the cartridges. Is this correct, and does this have to be over heat?

Also, I read when filling up the cartridges to fill them up upside down. Is this also correct? Not sure how that works.

Sorry for all the questions, didn’t see any videos online and i don’t want to mess it up.

Thanks
  • juxt

@artv4nd3l4y is probably the guy to ask, but I'll take a stab at a couple of these.

1) Is that mixing method OK, yes that's generally how you get it to work unless you're using one of the cheapo ones that work in the microwave. I think the guys on here buy these little glass vials that have a lid that they use so there's no spill instead of a shot glass though. Get a cooking thermometer, or use an induction plate with a temp setting.
    1a) How do you measure .4ml terps? That's a really good question. There are some electronic pipettes that go for like $100 that would be great :) or maybe order some crappy pipettes off amazon that measure in .1ml increments. I think you should expect to mess one or two up and have bad taste until you get the hang of it. It's not end of world lost wax or anything, just a sub-par experience. But you will have to try it some to get it right ... I'm still playing with it trying to get ccell cartridges going and the 0 caps with mixed results.

2) I haven't heard about leaving it sitting for 13 hours, but I have heard about mixing it for up to 2 hours or more.
    2a) Cart filling is done by the cart design...it really depends on the cart how to fill it, in some of them if you fill it upside down it drips out. When you buy carts they have a little card showing how to fill, generally, always follow that, but make sure you're getting carts that can handle thicker materials like the CCell brand ceramic ones for example.
  • bkrieger
    Thank You,
    I’m not looking to spend a ton of money on hot plates and such. I know how to fill the carts, but I had read online that I think it was to prevent separation to fill the carts the carts upside down. I think it might have been a video in this thread somewhere.

Thanks, I’ll experiment with it.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Question 1 - Heating Method
    There are two things that can happen, once I explain them you will know how to adjust as needed.

If you use too much heat the terpenes will evaporate before the THC will, that may make you think less heat is better but then separation may occur. You need the right amount of heat to slightly decarb the solution, but without evaporating the terpenes completely (most important). This is generally around 140F, and unfortunately if "low heat" is as accurate of a temperature as you can get, then using the same amount of heat each time will be important otherwise you will have mixed results and not know why.

Question 2 - Measuring terps without the proper syringe
    If you google a drop it's technically .05ml, so 8 drops would be roughly .4ml, maybe that helps. Again make sure the drops are full drops, that would be the main variability there (avoid all variables when possible). Otherwise the pipette is the standard for precise measuring, syringes are not accurate.

Question 3 - Best Practices Filling Carts
    It's always advised to fill carts when they have had time to cool, you will read different recommendations because there are no universally accepted standards at this point.

Here is what I have read, I'll give the maximum amount of time recommended just so you know you're following best practices. Transpring recommends cooling your liquid for 12 hours before filling, and ALWAYS storing the cart upside down for storage. Additionally, you should try to fill the cart in 30 seconds or less, and not fill up above 2/3. This all significantly prevents leaking according to them.
  • bkrieger
    artv4nd3l4y,
    Thank You for the detailed explanation. I am open to different suggestions and methods, I just don’t want to break the bank with supplies.

If you are saying the heat should be around 140F, what do you use to heat up the mixture? Is it a hot plate of some sort?

You mentioned for measuring a pipette is the most accurate? Excuse my ignorance, but do you mean something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Transfer-Pipettes-Graduated-Pack/dp/B005IQTSE0

Lastly, when cooking prior to filing, what are you using to store the mixture? Also, when hearing it up, what are you using, a vial or shot glass?

By the way, I did purchase the Veco tank thst was recommended on here with the ccell coil

Thanks again
  • artv4nd3l4y

I understand completely not wanting to invest a lot of money, especially when you aren't sure if the end result will be something you are going to use regularly.

So 140F is actually a tricky temperature to obtain accurately using any standard household devices. In the past I've used my digital Volcano to blow hot air at 140F, but now I do have a heat plate with external Koeson infrared temperature monitoring. Honestly the Koeson was under $20 and is the one thing you can't really skimp on without compromising your product. Temperature control is the hardest part, but anything with accurate temperature control will be minimum of around $200.

Excuse my ignorancebkrieger
    I find there to be intelligence in those who don't assume, in fact my definition of ignorance and stupidity is simply those who assume that everything is so simple it couldn't possibly make a difference...

In this case precise measurement is not as important as being able to repeat the process precisely (using the same product allows easy repeating), so what I would recommend is using something you don't mind purchasing regularly. These disposable pipettes I would think are the best option for your use, and now it's making me think if the .2ml ones would be worthwhile:

https://www.amazon.com/Teenitor-Capacity-Disposable-Graduated-Polyethylene/dp/B01HZFBRKE/ref=sr_1_7?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1531182457&sr=1-7&keywords=pipette+disposable

For storage I am using vials only, you really need something that will seal. Air will naturally dry out the liquid. This is much like improperly purged BHO when someone just lets it sit out to dry into crumble instead and it grains up. Yeah that's the wrong way to make BHO, but proves my point you want a storage container with a good seal for sure.
  • barnabyjones
    I've done quite a bit of mixing of RSO/BHO for vape carts. I would rather use shatter, but very hard to come by in Aus.

I've tried Vapuer Extracts Clear and Puff Majic. They are very similar, and both work well, but I tend to prefer Puff Majic's flavours.

I mix with the recommended 2:1 liquidizer:concentrate and find this works reasonably well. I've tried lots of different atomizers and found that any with cotton wicks tend to get gummed up by the waxes and lipids in the concentrate (I wish I could buy already winterized), so have recently been trying out ceramic only oil carts. I've ordered a few and will post reviews as I try them out.

I also just bought a Rubi. Filled my first cart up with RSO mixed with vapuer extracts cherry flavour and it seems to be going well so far.

I've also just ordered a Vapresso NRG tank with ceramic atomizer to try out on my mod.
  • bkrieger

Thank You for the info. Do you have a link to a good Koeson?

$200 for the hot plate is something I would have to wait on, but the pipettes I will be ordering right away.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet