• bkrieger
    Thank You.
    I appreciate it
  • bkrieger

One more question- on the Veco tank, I am assuming you set the resistance to 0.5 and you said the watts should be 25-35W?

What should the temperature be set at? I have the Pico 21700 mod

Thanks again
  • juxt

I think they're closer to 1ohm, what do you get when you measure them on the pico? I think I saw somewhere that a lot of people use .9ohm. Yes watts should be between 25 - 35

For temp most of us use 400F.
  • bkrieger
    Thanks,
    I actually haven’t put it on the Pico yet, because haven’t made he juice yet.
  • artv4nd3l4y

SS316 coil is offered in .3, .5, .6, and .9 ohm I believe. I use the .5 mainly because it offers the lowest wattage of 25-35 watts. The .6 ohm wattage range i.e. is higher like 45-55, and that's just unnecessary unless you like inefficiently using your material of course.
  • juxt

One thing to clarify there, that only holds true on the wattage if your voltage is set and unchangeable. A .5ohm cart at 25W is running at about 3.5v ... A 1ohm cart can run at 25W, just at about 5v.

I have found that some of the firmware is better than others at understanding this concept, however ;) And maybe just because of my heatsinks I can't get temp mode to work consistently so I just use power most of the time. I did order one of those theiron vapes that @VapeCritic recommends...so hopefully it will work better.
  • bkrieger
    The coils I got are the EUC SS316 .5 OHM 25-35 W I have the SAI With titanium bucket on my mod, and that’s set in temp mode at 440 Degrees F in temp mode.
    I was gonna set this coil to 400 degrees and about 25 Watts. Haven’t set it up yet

Thanks
  • Zep4
    hclbpuejb3xi6us8.jpeg

I keep posting this...KandyPens Rubi pods accept and easily vape Shatter with no added ANYTHING! Take a chunk, roll it up, stick it in with your poker of choice. When you’ve got some in, vape it. No leak with the more solid shatter. It doesn’t darken and you get the actual flavor. I’m vaping DawgsWaltz atm. Yummmmm!
  • artv4nd3l4y
    One thing to clarify there, that only holds true on the wattage if your voltage is set and unchangeablejuxt

This is a good point, here is what my readings are for clarification. I have a variable wattage device so it's going to automatically adjust the voltage for the increased wattage.

1. 25 watts
    a. 3.5 volts
    b. .49 ohms reading
    2. 35 watts
    a. 4.14 volts
    b. .49 ohms reading
  • bkrieger
    I just want to come here and say I was able to successfully mix my concentrates with Connisseur Concentrates Skywalker OG. It ended up being a little thick. I starts with .4 ml of CC to my 1g of shatter, and had to keep adding CC to thin it down.

I have the Veco One tank which is a 2ml tank, so the juice only makes it to a little less then halfway. I’m thinking next time I’ll need more CC to thin it down more. It tastes great and is plenty strong.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Glad to hear you like your results. The only reason I advise against adding more than .4ml, is personally the taste is less desirable the more that is added. Of course results will vary depending on the concentrate, so it could be simply you need something like .6ml i.e. to get the same viscosity that I get.

Aside from taste there's not really any other disadvantages with adding more, although terps are known to cause more irritation so this is another reason to avoid adding more than is necessary.

so the juice only makes it to a little less then halfwaybkrieger

Yeah when you only add .4ml it's really only going to be around 1ml still per 1 gram. It's difficult to calculate exactly how much liquid you will get, but in general 1 gram using small amounts of terps is roughly 1ml as you noticed. This is why it's going to be more potent than anything really, honestly the Veco is going to be overkill for most people.

I can go for about 5 seconds at 25 watts, but then start coughing because it's so potent, the equivalent of dabbing in my opinion but in your pocket. Also, the Veco tanks even come in 4ml. Although that's too large for me, because changing flavors i.e. isn't as easy then, and you will have more potential waste when changing. However if you plan on using the same flavor and mixer, then you can last an incredibly long time with the massive 4ml. Another great advantage of the Veco is the coil can be changed with the liquid still in it, just make sure to tip it upside down obviously.
  • bkrieger
    Thanks for the detailed explanations. Yes, it is potent, but that’s what I like. I have the 2 ML Veco. If I ha e to calculate and buy more oil to fill the tank, I’m fine with that. I’m also fine with using only .4 ml, but I think part of the problem is I wasted some of the mix because it was so thick and I had tbise cheap 2ml I dropper pipettes and some of the mix due to it being too thick wouldn’t come out of these pipettes all the way. I also tried the eye dropper hat came with the terpenes and it wouldn’t pick up the liquid due to its thickness.
    I need to find a device to pick up thick liquid like one of those electronic pipettes.

Overall, I’m happy for my first attempt with the end result.

Thanks
  • bkrieger
    Also to follow up on the Veco tank, I think it’s awesome. The 2ml is a good size. It would be good to be able to change the coil without losing any juice. I haven’t figured out how to do that yet.

Right now, I have the Skywalker OG, but I may want to try different flavors in the future to see what tastes better.

Thanks for all the instructions and help, I did this mostly by reading your forum posts. Much appreciated.
  • okla68m
    Like Baron23, my lungs are Sensitive (TRASHED), after vaping Nicotine E-juice for 2 days (not smoking Cigs) almost checked myself into the hospital...COULDN'T GET MY BREATH WITHOUT COUGHING, EVERY BREATH....GOT REALLY SCARY !!! Finally, got a breath Without the accompanying Cough. JEEEZZZZ ! Swore it was Over, seemingly staring Death from Asphyxiation in the face ! WOW ! NEVER AGAIN WILL I INHALE VG/PG. I had Noticed a smidgen of Congestion type feeling when Vaping E-juice, but, wrote it off as Bad Lungs (already knew that) and Vaping is going to be Better than Smoking cigs, so, I Continued....OMG, when you awaken to a congested lung you cough, usually Clears it, Not This Time.....Each time I took a breath, I had to cough Worse, after a few minute's, feels like I'm gonna PASS OUT, COUGH, INSTEAD OF BREATHING, INHALE, COUGH, INHALE, COUGH, EACH INHALE GETTING SMALLER AS EACH COUGH GOT MORE INTENSE.....FLAT OUT SCARED..........FOXHOLE PRAYERS FLOWING FROM MY MOUTH, BETWEEN GASPS FOR AIR !
    Finally, I got to Keep a breath without having to Cough it out.....! Disposed of ALL E-JUICE POISON, NEVER to have let it touch my lips since. As I Continue to smoke Cigs and Vape Eucalyptus, have Never had that SMOTHERING SENSATION REOCCUR !
    LIPID PNEUMONIA IS REAL !
    PG/VG IS POISON ! BE CAREFUL!
  • artv4nd3l4y

Not sure if you saw the countless posts in this thread from me about the plethora of studies that routinely demonstrate how toxic PG, PEG and VG all are. Each of the chemicals simply produce toxins when heated, so that's why we only recommend terpene based solutions here. The terpenes used you would be inhaling with normal flowers anyways, however the higher total percentage the terpenes comprise of the liquid, generally the more irritable it can be as well. The best liquidizer will be a concentrate that's already almost in liquid form, and preferably the concentrate will be created to be a liquid viscosity for e liquid carts...

Any additives are a disadvantage to the pure concentrate, some will argue it can mask the smell. Generally PG is necessary for that so have to think what's more important for you, not smelling like a skunk, or not breathing in stuff that is well known to be toxic? I'm glad to vape on the potent terp based concentrate I mix, to avoid all the garbage known as PG, PEG and VG. I love how some companies write out polyethylene glycol 400 as if that's somehow different from PEG, which is known to be even more toxic than PG if you can believe. VG is even said to cause lipid pneumonia, of course there has yet to be a report I've ever seen of that.

Do you know why people started vaping PG in the first place? "Well Bob, PG (propylene glycol) is FDA approved for inhaler use." Case closed. That's interesting logic, so by using an inhaler that also means you can heat it to any temperature safely? Well testing continues to show otherwise, even terpenes are now shown to produce toxins over 600F in dabbing. I'm sure there's someone thinking you breath more garbage walking down the street, which is probably true. Still, I certainly wouldn't pay someone to contaminate my concentrate. If anyone really likes using that garbage, just buy the USP grade glycols available on Amazon. At least you're not getting ripped off now, the PEG is what absorbs the THC, remember PG simply homogenizes like water in oil so separation is inevitable with these sub par "liquidizers".
  • juxt

Hey buddy, LTNS! I wanted to add one thing that I've seen with the distillate carts that have the terps added back, they don't produce the smell normally associated with the devil's lettuce, only the terp flavor that most people mistake for ecig flavor. I was reading up on the medical side of it, and they have isolated three distinct flavinoids that only appear in MJ, and can potentially filter those out in the distillation process which might mean final end product that has all the other goodies / ingredients but that cannot be distinguished purely by smell.

I'm not sure if they're doing that in any of these mind you, just new things folks are learning as some of the stigma is removed from it.
  • artv4nd3l4y

That is a good point about the terp sauce not having much smell.

Yeah the possibilities of removing particular terps is very interesting. This will definitely become a more popular research topic, and small steps like you mention will continue to advance our understanding. I still believe we only have a very limited understanding of terpenes, and how cannabis truly works on the brain and body.
  • bkrieger
    Hi, I have a quick question. When making ejuice with CC Terpines, can Kief be substituted instead of the concentrates, and if so, what would be the ratio of CC to Kief?
  • artv4nd3l4y

Kief could work but it would clog up the coils faster with more plant material. I am seeing someone uses everclear to wash the kief, and uses the resulting tincture to add to the e liquid because of this. I haven't used kief before, but I would think .4ml to 1 gram would still be a good starting point. Being that kief is so dry in comparison to shatter (which is basically liquid when heated enough), I would think it will need more but it really depends what your preference is. I should also mention that, extremely thick solutions in my experience are not as potent (usually low around .2ml added), because the coil is not designed for near pure shatter. So, this is generally why around .4ml is wanted.
  • bkrieger
    I’m thinking, would it be necessary to turn the Kief into Rosin first? I just discovered Kief I had at the bottom of my grinder that I want to put to good use.
    Thanks
  • Tkass06
    @artv4nd3l4y
    Hey art, this is what I was talking about in messages. The second photo I had over a flashlight because it was nighttime and dark in the house. 0.2g jack herer cc mixed with 0.7g shatter or roughly equal to 0.3g cc/1.05g shatter. Haven't tried it yet to see if taste is on but woke up this morning and still hasnt separated.

540d0qwclalr5whj.jpg
    lnalhiptmtxyr322.jpg
  • Tkass06
    This is what it looks like in ccell 1ml cart. Doesn't taste bad but there is a little throat irritation so I might try 0.1g cc/ 0.5g shatter, idk it might be because the jack herer is stronger flavor than let's say Tahoe og or Skywalker. Might try the flavorless next at 0.3g/1g to see if I can get a base flavor. Open for opinions, idk if it's more of the shatter I am tasting or the terpenes or if the flavor of each is not matching up. Yes I know to match jack herer shatter with jack herer cc if available.

0o44z0qzzeu228t4.jpg
  • artv4nd3l4y

It looks very similar to most prefilled carts, and if it didn't separate overnight that's a good sign. I would say after three days of no separation, that would mean it's likely not going to separate. My solution I left for months and it was the same as it was when I left it.

It's hard to say if the throat irritation is the concentrate or added terpenes, but the first thing to try would be less Connoissuer Concentrates mixer. The problem you might have is graining out with too little liquid added, of course different concentrates will give different results.

I have not personally tried the flavorless CC, but would be very interested to hear if that makes it less harsh. That would be worth the added cost then, but I had a hard time going with flavorless when it's more expensive for seemingly no reason.
  • bkrieger
    Hello,
    I made more Conisaur Concentrates mixed with shatter again, and I think it came out great. This time I mixed it with just over .5 ml of CC, and this time it wasn’t too thick.
    I have a couple questions if I may.
    I did this using the method in the video on Wax Liquidizer’s site, where you mix with a shot glass in water on low heat. I used a syringe to extract the final mix and put it in one of those squeeze bottles wax liquidser sells.

I read on here someone had requemended that the final product should be stored upside down?
    Why is this?

Also I read to fill the cartridge within 30 seconds. Why is this? The final mix was still pretty thick, so when turning the squeeze bottle upside down, I had to wait for the oil to get to the bottom. It took about 20 minutes to fill.

I think it’s vaping great and it’s the perfect thickness.

I am using the CCell Th210 carts, and after a few days of vaping, I notice at the bottom of he cart there are dark spots starting to form, around the holes on the coil. Is this normal?

Thanks
  • artv4nd3l4y

I read on here someone had requemended that the final product should be stored upside down?bkrieger

The recommendation is to store filled cartridges specifically upside down to prevent leaking. Additionally, it's recommended that you shouldn't use the cart if filled when the liquid is warm, until it has been turned upside down and stored for a minimum of 12 hours. These are just best practices for leak prevention.

Also I read to fill the cartridge within 30 seconds.bkrieger
    Again for leak prevention, this is to prevent additional air bubbles from getting into the cart. I also have a tough time filling in under 30 seconds. I don't recommend the Wax Liquidizer bottle because it's for thinner fluid, I use the largest available 14 gauge syringes and a vial to store it which will helps speed up filling.

I notice at the bottom of he cart there are dark spots starting to form, around the holes on the coil. Is this normal?

Thanks
    bkrieger

It depends on how much you're getting. If you get half way through the tank and then start to notice a slight amount of darkness just around the coils, this is not uncommon. If however you find that it turns dark quickly, then it's much more of a concern. Think about when you take a dab the residue left behind, the thicker the concentrate is the more likely it is to happen/accumulate.

According to Puff Magic, this is one of the performance flaws of the CCell TH210 (and all other portable carts in general). They recommended the CCell SS316 ceramic coil instead and sub ohm tank, so far with the Veco I haven't noticed any dark spots at all and the performance is unbelievable. Of course the concentrate itself could also have impurities and cause the darkness, so that is another thing to watch out for. Hope it helps.
  • bkrieger
    Thank You for the reply @artv4nd3l4y

The first time I made this I used the Veco tank, but it’s such a large tank and I am using 1 g at a time, it just wasn’t filling the tank even 1/4 the way.

Last time the syringe I had was too small and would not pick up the mixture. I had also used a vial to store, but was unable to get the liquid removed from the vial due to it being too thick.

I purchased the syringes and squeeze bottles from wax liquidizer, because that is what I’ve had the best luck with.

After heating up the mixture in the shot glass, I extracted it with a syringe and put it in the squeeze bottle. I let it sit over night, over 12 hours. (It was not sitting upside down. Why does this make a difference?).

The next morning when filling up my cartridge, it made it possible to fill because I was using a squeeze bottle and the liquid was so thick, I had to squeeze it out to get into my cartridge.

I used .5 ml this time. I may have to add a little more terps next time.

The dark spots started forming after I vaped over half the tank and I spent a night at a concert vaping out if it all night. So I don’t think it’s too concerning. I have my box mod set at 3.5 watts.

@artv4nd3l4y, what method do you recommend to making the process more efficient. Should I buy a more powerful syringe so I am able to extract the oil easier?

Also, I am using Skywalker OG. If I wanted to add flavor, basically just pick a different terpines from CC? Which ones have you been using?

Thanks again. Much appreciated
  • juxt
    After heating up the mixture in the shot glass, I extracted it with a syringe and put it in the squeeze bottle. I let it sit over night, over 12 hours. (It was not sitting upside down. Why does this make a difference?).bkrieger

After heating it up you should immediately put it in the cart, but then take the newly filled cart and store it upside down for 12 hours. This will allow the mixture to settle to it's final thickness and not seep out early. Art is right, the 14 gauge is good, and I am using luer lock versions with the wax filters someone on here recommended (they're great ... amazon 'syringe filter' and get the 22micron).

Also, I am using Skywalker OG. If I wanted to add flavor, basically just pick a different terpines from CC? Which ones have you been using?bkrieger

Skywalker OG is the only one I've tried, because Art mentioned it's the least tasteful...I've heard horror stories of chemical taste with some though so YMMV.
  • bkrieger
    Thank You.
    What is the luer lock and wax filters for?

Also, when storing the carts upside down, will it leak through the mouthpiece?

I am starting to notice some leakage through the threads of the cart

Thanks
  • juxt

luer lock is to hold the needles on better. the filter is for when you're using rosin, not more pure concentrates, to filter out unwanted plant fats.

No the carts don't leak upside down. They're designed to not be able to leak that way, unless there's a serious design flaw in that particular cart. If you're using them and there is some wax in the coil already then it might leak out the top.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment