• Sveeno
    Honestly i think ccells w strong oil is perfect, taste awesome lasts along time, get big hits perfect big. I personally dont like the big hot hits of big quartz wrapped coils. But there alot of diff stuff i havnt tried. Morr than i have
  • artv4nd3l4y

Agreed. I am seriously interested in the ccell vaporesso with aspire Atlantis tank now though. If you look up the video of taking it apart, it's basically like a ccell but massive ceramic coil. I think it's full ceramic too... many were asking for full ceramic option, well this may be it. The mini ccell tank still use small amount of cotton to prevent leaking.

Puff magic creator is also recommending vaporesso, so have to imagine they know.
  • Zep4
    Guys, I’ve been using Wax for ejuice because I can crush and mix it with my terps (still using “Calm” from FoggFlavorLabs) WITHOUT heating it. So far it works well.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Interesting, I have mixed various concentrates but usually need heat. This includes shatter CO2 extracted, and BHO budder. Even though I can mix them completely without heat it seems to just homogenize, because if heat isn't applied it will later separate. The heat lightly sort of decarbs it, which prevents separation. It really all depends on how long I will let it sit for, but for anything I won't be using right away I would apply heat to prevent separation. If however I wanted to mix something I was about to use, it wouldn't be necessary to use heat.
  • Zep4
    I’ve got 7 KandyPens Rubi pods that I’ve filled with either straight distillate squeezed in with the syringe it came in or, like I said, the wax and terp mixture. I can’t tell them apart now. When I use them each, I figure if there’s any separation, I will just shake it after my hits when I’ve warmed it up some. So far I’ve had no clogging and get nice billowing hits like the Rubi always delivers. Their prefilled pods (I’ve bought 2 from a dispensary) are so potent i wonder how, as I would think my distillate only pods would be just as powerful but seem not to be. I am quite satisfied with them tho.
  • artv4nd3l4y

To be honest, the separation is not that big a deal. I can almost guarantee however after a few days, if heat wasn't used (slight decarb) it will most likely separate. All of my tanks are clear so it's always obvious for me, and just bothers me, it can definitely clog them faster too since it's thicker. If you can shake it up when warm, that really shouldn't be a big deal then.

I think I can explain what you describe about the potency being not as powerful for the distillate. What I've found is the potency we experience is not directly related to the actual liquid THC potency, allow me to give you a good example from personal experience, and I think you will understand quickly:

I mixed nearly pure CO2 shatter into a CCell, thinking it would be more potent. To my surprise, it was less potent actually. Remember the CCell is made for distillate specifically, which is a much different consistency than pure CO2 shatter. The best potency I've found is from mixing around .4ml to 1 gram of wax so far, which is far more potent than pure shatter actually... This is only true however to the CCell tanks, so in a tank designed for thinner oils, I would get best potency making it even thinner, and so on...

What you should take away from this, is tanks can only be designed for so many uses. The Rubi prefilled carts works better than distillate likely because it's made for similar viscosity liquids, although if you put that distillate in a CCell I bet you'd get that extra potency like you're expecting.

Also, for the prefilled carts, the one big advantage of them is the dispensary has made tons of them, and has gone through the trial and error for you to perfect the solution. Compare what we're doing, we only have so many products/concentrates available to us. Then there's a lot of cost in going through the products that don't work well, which seems to be many.
  • Zep4
    We should probably leave it to the experts but what fun would that be!? Lol
  • artv4nd3l4y

Yeah it's a lot of fun mixing them. Really the experts mixing those carts are not very smart if additives are being used, they just had a lot more errors to learn from.

The truly best way to vape wax would be to specifically create your extract in a specific viscosity, then even a cotton wick can be used with no additives. Unfortunately these premium clear oils are very costly, so it's not really practical to smoke them regularly.

VVS Premium Clear Oil is a good example, I really liked the sampler I got. Unfortunately they're $60 each for 1 gram of 70% THC, but VERY smooth.
  • Sveeno
    so i got my delta 9 blue dream sample. Smells like a lemon cleaning product. So it says mix .1-.6 to 1 gram concentrate. I mixed .1ml with .9gr shatter. For a 1 ml cart. Once mixed it is the nastiest thing i have ever smoked. Works good to emulsify. But tastes like lemon chemicals. And thats at thier lowest reccommended ratio. It is so so so bad!!!
  • Sveeno
    I dont see how this could ever be enjoyable
  • Sveeno
    I also got the terpenes from the ebay guy which when mixed at the ratios he recommended which was .2ml of terps to 1 gram concentrate was also not good the pineapple express smelled loke pine needles and chemicals. And tasted way too nasty and strong. Although they were much better thsn the holy terps pure delta 9 whatever it was blue dream stuff. Did the connoiseur concentrates smell and tatse like that. I dont know how at any ratio either of these could taste good.

Looks like i may be sticking to my 710 ready mix pg based liquidizer. At 1:1 it decently strong and all the flavors taste really good.

I wish i could talk to some one who knew how they made the bho carts at the dispensaries. They do have plenty of them
  • Baron23
    I wish i could talk to some one who knew how they made the bho carts at the dispensariesSveeno

I believe that mostly these are indeed hydrocarbon solvent extractions which are then fractionally distilled with terps added back in for taste, entourage effect, and to thin them.

Some might be CO2??? Maybe??

Some might still be cut with PG/VG???
  • artv4nd3l4y

I was skeptical when you mentioned the product, but I never like to be that guy to say "that's gonna suck, I guarantee it".

No, the Connoissuer Concentrates tastes nothing like that, the Skywalker OG is close to flavorless actually. I have confirmed the terpenes are derived from natural sources, so there are no other added chemicals according to Drew the creator. Additionally confirmed by Puff Magic creator who makes a similar blend, they both argue terpene blends are safe, simply because we are already inhaling them with regular cannabis. Drew also called Poison Control and went through all the ingredients with them. From everything he said, I honestly believe they've done everything within reason to guarantee the product is in fact safe. The hardest thing is the way the product is sold, because you have limited options for sampling and even flavor in general. When a 25ml bottle is the smallest size, yeah...
  • artv4nd3l4y
    I wish i could talk to some one who knew how they made the bho carts at the dispensaries. They do have plenty of themSveeno

If you could speak with someone, they may be able to give you some general advice. Of course their carts use a specific extract, so unless you can get the same materials there would still be trial and error. Take Brass Knuckles i.e., they use CO2 extract specifically for carts, and completely proprietary blends that eliminate the need for PG. However, if they're willing to provide you materials, then that would be a decent idea. Of course, now you have to trust what they put in it...

I seriously recommend to buy a sample of Connoisseur Concentrates and give it a try. It really doesn't take much trial and error to get a good blend. If you don't like the price, maybe consider the Puff Magic flavorless terp solution, they have a better sampler option for $40 (5ml). I can't comment how it works, but the creator is on here so would likely be able to answer additional questions.
  • Sveeno
    Yea some are still from bho budder ive even seen pax pods. Alot of companies have almost every starting oil. I dont necessarily think that any of the ones i got i bad just they are what they are pure terpenes, and you cant mix it at the ratios they recommend. Most of the terpene sight say no more than 1-3%. Of the volume be terpenes. So when these companies say mix at 10-60% its gonna be harsh as fuck and overpowering. They actually taste just like flavors I've had w top shelf carts just 7000 times stronger. So what i did is use my flavorless pg blend and just used 1-3 drops per g of terps and they taste really good. Honestly tho i dont understand how a comp like Holy terps can market a product like that i mean have they even tried it themselves?
  • Sveeno
    Fyi most of the bho base pods i have seen say pg in the ingredients. . honestly im not scared of pg if you read the warnings a 1ml cart at their recommendeed ratios burning way hotter than a vape cart produces formald at the same level as 1 ciggarette. So i mean what the fuck ever. But if i can eliminate it why not. I dont get the burnt flavor but i can taste it always its kinda sweet.

Anyways i also second getting the legit brandname ccells not knockoffs. The real ones are 1000 % different and better. Its not even a close one.
  • Sveeno
    Nope the report everyone is goofy about says that peg which is much worse than pg is equivalent 1 cartridge to 1 ciggarettes amount of formaldahyde. Which any formaldahyde if i dont have to why would i have to but.
  • Sveeno
    I mean almost every ecig solution is pure pg. I people smoke those all day long. 50x more than i hit my carts. But still
  • Sveeno
    I am interested in trying puff majics terp based product. I would also be interested in talking with the owner. I think i could help him with insights behind my whole process of this learning process and give him marketing insight making it easier for others
  • Sveeno
    Sorry about all of the short messages but hey! I got alot to say, right? Anyway my favorite mixes i have had to date have been bho pull and snap, mix with a couple 2-3 drops of these terpenes and about .4-.5ml pg based flavorless liquidizer.

They are pretty dam potent and tatse phenomenal. Until i find a better product thats what i will be using, however. I find the terpenes def make it smell more like weed. So if i want to be covert the best thing for sure has been the pg based fruity liquidizers
  • Sveeno
    My ratios above are to 1 gram of concentrate
  • Sveeno
    I just feel like the whole industry is so fucking shady, everyone is so much more concerned about making money off of something, than informing the public about whats really going on. I know that thats business and that knowledge is power but in the thc industry more than any, people are trying to get paid off of basic ass shit
  • Sveeno
    Im literally waiting for one of these companies to step up and stand behind their product and not many can its like they are scared and hide because they know that each has flaws, but terpenes that ive had def work amazing as an emulsifier, so if you have terpenes that taste good that should be all it will take to satisfy me i guess. I dont care if it tastes like strains necessarily. Just want it to taste good.
  • artv4nd3l4y
    Fyi most of the bho base pods i have seen say pg in the ingredients.Sveeno

Exactly why I won't ever consider them.

honestly im not scared of pg if you read the warningSveeno

My perspective is PG makes an inferior product to begin with, and it will always be trash so why use it. The reason dispensaries use PG simply because it is so cheap, and they don't care about anyone else's health... It's not because it's good, it will simply make more profit.

Anyways i also second getting the legit brandname ccells not knockoffs. The real ones are 1000 % different and better. Its not even a close one.Sveeno

You are right on that, the Chinese knock offs are complete garbage.

Nope the report everyone is goofy about says that peg which is much worse than pgSveeno

To say one chemical is simply worse than another is a gross oversimplification. I can assure you PG has many health concerns that are not proven, but it's well known the thermal breakdown of PG is far from healthy. The problem with proving anything is how many variables there are. From everything I've researched, I do believe PG can be used with minimal health consequences, this is when used as recommended however. When you start adding stuff like Wax Liquidizer and THC, that's when it starts turning dark/burning, and when it becomes a very real concern that you're breathing in unnecessary toxins.
  • Sveeno
    Yea i feel you pg def makes the black stuff run from the coil sometimes. This is true. I just want something that us healthy potent and tastes good. Next try con conc i guess
  • artv4nd3l4y
    mix with a couple 2-3 drops of these terpenes and about .4-.5ml pg based flavorless liquidizer.Sveeno

This is very close to what I do, nearly the same viscosity. That makes much more sense now, so you have actual liquid terpenes then... Most terpenes are only meant to use one to two drops, because they can be so overpowering. Connoissuer Concentrates is an exception because the product is bascially terpenes, but specially formulated to not overpower when using even .5ml of solution.

I am interested in trying puff majics terp based product.Sveeno

I really want to hear how it does as well, I haven't heard any reviews yet.
  • artv4nd3l4y
    I just feel like the whole industry is so fucking shady, everyone is so much more concerned about making money off of something, than informing the public about whats really going on.Sveeno

There are definitely a lot of companies like Brass Knuckles out there, and I hope the law hammers down on them. I think it's beyond ridiculous that the CA dispensaries have any grace period whatsoever, I would make them throw every single gram of tainted weed in the garbage. I don't trust anything from CA, of course you should be skeptical of anywhere you acquire product from. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, 93% of tested concentrates from random dispensaries throughout CA had known pesticides in them.
  • Sveeno
    yea well the one is delta 9, which is suppose to be the same thing as holy terps pure except its thier strain inspired line. Is what i have gathered from just internet browsing. But they say to mix it at .1-.5 per g of concentrate and thats just too strong. And the other ones the guy said .2 per g and that was just way too strong, ive never had and other pure terpenes that you are suppose to only use a drop or 2, but even with these ones any more than that is just way too instense.
  • Sveeno
    I am going to try CC next for sure, i just want it to taste good, i think i like that pg tastes a but sweet. I dunno. Im going to try the top ten that has flavors from all of their different lines. Hoping they have 420 sale. Was going to order it. A week ago but the thank u code no longer worked
  • Zep4
    FYI I got the FoggFlavorLabs White Widow and Blue Dream terps and found I had to use more than I intended and although acceptable, don’t seem as natural tasting as I’d like. Tried their Calm. Liked it better but still wouldn’t recommend. I have Wax Liquidizer Pineapple Express which tastes good and their flavorless which is, but of course turn dark when used over time. I’m just using them all up as I make new ejuice. Good luck with your research.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment