• VapeCritic
    What pen exactly is your preferred one then? The Prism performs very similarly to the Puffco Plus and Linx Hypnos so you can't say those
  • VapeCritic
    HVT is on another level with performance it's not the same league, I make that clear on my page too. It's also significantly larger and heavier than the other pens.
  • MMongo

So vape MOD coils. Not vape PEN coils.

Got it.

That’s sort of my point. You exaggerated. It’s ok. We all do it sometimes.
  • VapeCritic
    vape MOD coilsMMongo

i've never heard this phrase before
  • VapeCritic
    no need to get defensive guys i said it's OK but Puffco is sketch
  • starbot1
    How is anyone to trust you when your top product is a $100 Kandypens. I’m asking you multiple times now. I don’t know what “fight me” even means in this context?

Anyway, your review on the Peak is absolutely devoid of any real content. You end by saying you “need to use it more”. This is your conclusion, as a reminder: “I have mixed feelings about it… I still need to use it a little more before making up my mind but I’m not sure I feel that it’s worth the $380 price tag.”
  • VapeCritic
    What do you call these Mongo

8l09j7gbfra0ig58.jpg
  • VapeCritic
    It's $70 and i've explained numerous times who my audience is and that 90% of them want a pen like the Prism, just stop it already.
  • VapeCritic
    Anyway, your review on the Peak is absolutely devoid of any real content. You end by saying you “need to use it more”.starbot1

It's not a review, and I did try it more, and then sold it cus I wasn't impressed, what else ya got?
  • VapeCritic
    It's funny, I get slammed for giving good reviews, and then slammed for giving meh reviews, cut me a break bruvas.
  • VapeCritic
    I think it's pretty nice of me to NOT make a full PUBLIC review video bashing the products I don't like, if I don't like them I just move on, not good for you guys?
  • VapeCritic
    You forgot to tell me what pens you like
  • starbot1
    I bought the Prism. There’s no excuse for naming that piece of sh*t #1. I’m not going to do your job for you, Bud, but yes, placing bad reviews with rationale next to good review with rationale, and doing so without any bias, is the job of a professional “critic”.
  • MMongo

I call them not the same thing as like a Candy Pen or Hypnos. To me those are mods as they require a lot more power (Orb is a hybrid but I disagree that Orb is even close to as good of coil as the Peak). It’s ok just different terminology. There is no doubt the HVT is more powerful but I don’t think it’s as sophisticated. It’s not as “smart” and I have a lot more issues with the HVT getting “hot” and losing flavor in a sesh or group scenario than I have with the Peak. The timed hit and the ability to “sesh” is something you never really touched on in your review and I’m not sure why it’s entirely discounted when you disingenuously compare it to a pen of any type since by very nature the difference is in those features.
  • starbot1
    For dabs? A source 4 slim or yes, a Mod101 with Sai.
  • VapeCritic
    There just isn't $380 of technology in there and I'm telling you 100% they didn't develop any new tech that's not already available for vape pens, or mod pens, whatever you wanna call them, the atomizer tech exists for pens.

I got hits from the Peak, I didn't say it was bad, and I can see how it can be useful. I did not like it enough to warrant a full review, even after more testing, and I can't recommend it for $380. They're gouging everybody, plain and simple, and it's fine if you don't mind, I do though.
  • VapeCritic
    Cool yea those are very different pens, I call those heavy use on my site and the KP/Linx style pens are light use because they can't hit hard. Believe it or not, most people who want a pen want something very small with light hits, they don't walk around taking dab size hits all day like some of us.
  • starbot1
    The fact is they made the temperature control
    mechanism function properly and paired it with an appropriately sized heater to do the job. It results it fantastic dabs and you clearly have not given it a sufficient chance, by your own admission.

The Sai etc, as mentioned, does not accomplish temperature control on its own, now very well with any mod i’ve tried.

And for the last time, we know it’s over priced. What if one is a man who wants to dab on the go. The peak is the best option right now. And yes, it is overpriced. But still the best option.

And please publish reviews other than the glowing ones. That’s the job of a critic!!
  • MMongo

There is no device, stand alone device, that does what it does automatically, without other software/firmware. Did you use it with 5-6 people one after another? Serious question.

Please tell me what other device has the sesh mode with the timed hits and it capable of doing it over and over and over?

Never once have I said it’s worth the money but it is unique or was when released.

I get you didn’t like it and it isn’t for you, but you don’t seem to be interested in that aspect of it which is really what they marketed it as.
  • starbot1
    Anyway I started an account here because I needed an honest opinion on the Peak and was pretty disappointed I waited so long based partly on feedback on this site, vapecritic, and elsewhere.

Money aside, the Peak is an excellent, unrivaled device currently. As a previous engineer, I throughly disagree that this device did not have real R&D. Of course we have no idea, and I do not want to speculate as much as Bud is willing to do here.
  • John Cocktostone
    The Peak looks like if Hasbro Toys designed a prostate massager.

That being said if you like it, that's all that matters.
  • Gman
    I think everyone's main issue with the peak is it's price. Like I said from the start, if they priced it around 200, they would literally own the market right now. They would have more than enough money to be engineering version 2 and 3 with better cleaning ability, the ability to pulse fire fro Q-tipping etc. All kinds of stuff. But no, they decided to just run the price up way past what it's worth and make it a nich thing where people pay all kinds of money to 3rd parties for glass. How fking dumb are they to go with such a bad business plan?
  • Baron23
    Hey guys, let’s let this one die, yeah?
  • MMongo

Yeah man sorry for having an opinion that differs Baron.

Fuck this place if open discussion isn’t allowed.

Please delete my account. Gracias.

Peace out.
  • highasakite
    Ok, Bud, your on-going butt-hurt regarding the Peak is really starting to tarnish your position as a “un-biased reviewer”.
    I haven’t hooked it up to a data logger to quantify the functionality. I’ll leave that to a professional reviewer, like yourself

Well, which is it?
  • VapeCritic
    Closing thread sorry guys
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal