• MMongo
    Let’s try this again, hopefully this time it won’t get derailed by Puffco haters.

First off, yes this is an expensive piece. I won’t make comment whether it is “worth” the price tag as everyone values things differently.

Secondly IF you don’t like silicone in airpath this piece is NOT for you. The ceramic bowl is well insulated from the silicone but the path between atomizer and glass water bubbler is silicone or at least silicone like for sure.

That said I have greatly enjoyed it for the two days I’ve had it. Anyone else gotten one yet? I’ve stuck to the green setting (500) and cold loaded as they suggest. For me this is a perfect balance between ease of a pen style hit and effect of a dab without the hassle. Haven’t had to clean yet but seems like it disassembles well. Very happy with how it tastes and the effects for sure.

This is how it looks right out of box no water in it. Iphone7 on left for scale. It’s tiny but very sturdy and feels solid.

If anyone else has any experience with one let me know. Not sure what I expected but it certainly is a cool piece at the very least.

es27vf1rxfa4xdcc.jpeg
  • Baron23
    thanks for starting a thread on this device.

I have two enails (Liger and D-nail) but as you alluded to sometimes I just don't want to set up the whole rig (and no, I cannot/chose not to leave an oil rig set up all of the time in my home for various reasons).

As for pens, yeah...use them a bit but really not much. Just not a fan of the flavor and efficiency. I do use the Source Orb 4 with some of the nail atomizers on a box mod more than other pens I still have. But pens aren't really the thing for me.

So, do you like the vapor density and efficiency of it vice a good enail?

As to the silicon...if I understand correctly, its between the dab surface and the bubbler part....is is silicon tubing inside there or ?? If you get a chance to share some pics I would appreciate that.

However, silicone...in the right grade and applications...isn't really an issue for me. Hell, I use whips from time to time.

Cheers
  • MMongo

It’s a very short path through hard silicone, not like tubing.

4d6b977f7gazy32c.jpeg
    ghg8d38not8qq5nf.jpeg
    qmhql499g3vd8t6s.jpeg

Here are some photos, as you can see the ceramic is held inside the atomizer away from any surface contact to silicone. It’s literally maybe an inch, inch and a half airpath through the device to the glass bubbler

It hits very much like a mid temp dab but very smooth like a low temp ceramic coil pen hit. I know that doesn’t make sense but it’s best I can describe it.

Haven’t played much with the temp setting yet and I do wish they had more cup options than just ceramic but I do really like how this hits and can see it being a crossover piece for people who are getting into concentrates but don’t want the stigma of an enail or torch set up.
  • Baron23
    Thanks for the pics and the reply! :up: :grin:
  • MAbud
    I really like the look and concept of this device. I do wish they would have offered full temp control either in place of or in addition to the pre-sets
  • MMongo

Yes fully adjustable temp control would be awesome, I agree.

It definitely has some room for improvement for sure.
  • VapeCritic

Hey thanks for posting about this one I didn't get my hands on one yet, can you post a few pics of the bowl part i'm interested in how they did it, thanx!!
  • MMongo

Sure thing!

Forgive my terminology but it’s a theee piece deal. The atomizer itself, the ceramic cup and then the top piece which is a ceramic spacer and silicone “ring” that locks the cup in away from the sidewalls of the atomizer assy. Hope that makes sense. Sorry it’s dirty atm but here you go :

5my6td0sijrylynh.jpeg
    vlzzpt0id8orspiy.jpeg
    igg5t318fgame41x.jpeg
    pjqe82or8gsc8r2z.jpeg
  • Gman
    I actually do like the look and idea of it. I just think the price should come down a good amount. And like mentioned full temp control. Would also be nice to have some Quartz cup but quartz is difficult to heat up and required a lot more insulation.
  • MMongo

Per FC post I saw Eternal Quartz has already made a quartz cup for it.

Guess time will tell. I would guess it would mess with the temp setting quite a bit.
  • Gman
    Thanks, and what's the highest pre set temp? Maybe it could run the quartz cup as is if green is already 500f.
  • MMongo

Settings are 450/500/550/600

Which they describe as for small/medium/large/XL “loads”.
  • Gman
    oh I just saw the vid, that cup looks pretty clean. I'm sure puffco would want to jump on that themselves. I don't mind ceramic but it is tougher to keep clean I find. Maybe that's personal.

edit: temps, that's a good range.
  • dontmindme
    Now after seeing how the silicone band fits outside the atomizer... it seems like a nice product.
  • MMongo

The way it heats from bottom and the way it’s insulated that top piece with the silicone doesn’t get hot at all, at the 500 setting anyway. Even back to back loads. Now who knows if you run at 600 and really sesh with it with multiple people etc.
  • Gman
    Max is still loving his over at /r/rwaxpen, getting good results with yours still?
  • To the Cloud
    Thanks for referencing size with the phone. By itself it looks much bigger. Is there any difference in flavor versus something like the Boost ? I like my boost but they do have mechanical issues ( as do all e-rigs and pens)

Does Puffco have as many haters as KandyPens ?
  • Gman
    people don't really hate puffco, they hate the pricing. They actually have some good products. Please don't compare them to KandyPens. They are in their own league.
  • Rockytdogg
    people don't really hate puffco, they hate the pricing. They actually have some good products. Please don't compare them to KandyPens. They are in their own league.Gman

Is it a good one or bad...?
  • MMongo

Yes I still love it, one could argue I love it a little too much hahha
  • Gman
    Sorry, is what a good or bad one?
  • MMongo

I have absolutely no issue with the taste. I like it better than any of the three buckets I have for my dabado bolt pro 2 which is the closest comparable device.
  • Gman
    lol, I'm sure I know who would make that argument. I have a wife that thinks I love my toys more than her!

And I've promised myself not to buy one until the price comes down or some super sale. So I have to live vicariously though you guys.
  • Rockytdogg

“Their own league”....?

After rereading:

Kandypen hate > Puffco hate? Right?
  • MMongo

Yeah I definitely think the price is it’s biggest weakness. If these were more like $200 they would sell forever.

Still a quality piece though but admit $380 or whatever is a steep entry.

To be clear if I drop it and break it I’m buying another one though so I guess it’s not THAT far off hahahaha
  • To the Cloud
    What about Dr. Dabber ? My experiences with Puffco and Dr. Dabber have been great. Who would you say is the best in the concentrate vape pens / dab rig space ?
  • Gman
    lol man you make it tough to hold back!
  • Gman
    Oh I see what you are saying. Yes puffco just has an issue with too much money into advertising and I believe that should be more into design and customer savings. Kandy pens has done actual bad practices so it's a hate of the company itself.

I have never owned a Dr. Dabber sorry. I have the puffco pens and containers. I liked the plus when it wasn't over heating, not working or generally tough to suck. For "pens" I don't like any that I've had but the omicron v4 was ok pretty good quality. I also use a real rig when the need calls so the peak does look good for an electric all in one option.

I was a die hard DTv3 "pen" fanatic until the TAF sai came out. Now it's TAF SAI with the TI cup and Poseidon bubbler. I'm waiting for the fixes to the Quartz Quest to try that again.
  • MMongo
    Man I’m still loving the Peak. Cannot get over how much I’ve been using it compared to any other rig or pen I have now.

I still find no faults overall other than price. The temp presets work great which I thought I’d want more control but it’s spot on for my tastes.
  • Gman
    nice! Only real issues I see are people with dead units and no support. But then I see some are getting support. So I think they might be backlogged a bit. Hopefully this drives the price down a bit :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet