• Gman
    Nice, that's good news. The ones that have working units all love it so far. Hopefully companies start to copy the design and force price reductions.
  • VapeCritic
    LOL soooo i see what's happening, they sent a Peak to every other reviewer on Youtube besides me, because they know imma tell it like it is and they scurred
  • MMongo

I will be completely shocked if you don’t like it honestly.

Over priced for sure but it’s hands down the best, easiest and most consistent Erig I’ve ever used.

I have no idea, other than price, how anyone can complain about it.

I hope you get one soon so you can say damn that Mongo fella was right ;)
  • VapeCritic
    Anybody wanna sell me their Peak? :sweat:

If not I'll order one later today :up:
  • VapeCritic
    https://gethyer.com/rigs/big-e.html is one of the new ones tooCl4ud3
    I'm gonna get this one too, there's no other ones I should get right?
  • Rockytdogg

Not to high-jack....:
    xMIGUBs.jpg
    OZreaYH.jpg
  • VapeCritic

Ohhhh shitttttt good lookin out!
  • VapeCritic
    I didn't foresee the portable dab rig segment really going anywhere, I'm still a bit surprised.
  • MMongo

I don’t think it’s really about mobility as much as it is about ease of use and not having to have a enail and big set up.

I don’t think I’d bother taking a peak on a hike or anything but it’s a hell of a lot easier to pack up and head over to a buddies house or whatever. So yeah it’s “portable” but the way I look at them they are more for convenience and newer concentrate users.
  • Gman
    ya I agree. I do not consider the peak a "portable" dab rig, it's more int he e-rig category. Portable means pocket able or purse able.
  • Gman
    It's the future man. People don't want to wait for a rig to heat up and be left on hot all day. They want instant hits and cooldowns.
  • Philly
    It's a portable home unit that doesn't make you look like your freebasing something scary.
  • MMongo
    I will say it’s damn nice being able to double click and have a satisfying dab in under 30 seconds and then just set it down.

Still not worth $380 or whatever but it IS nice.
  • Gman
    Ya exactly, if it was cheaper I'd already own one. So the moment they come down or go on sale (depending on how much) I'm sure I'll get one.
  • Gman
    This Dr Dabber does look pretty nice though. Any prices on it yet?
  • Rockytdogg

No idea. I just linked those pics from the "Upcoming and Unreleased Portable Vaporizers" thread on FC.
  • VapeCritic
    Peak ordered :up:
  • MAbud
    I'm a fan of Dr Dabber products so I am looking forward to the Switch. I haven't been able to find a ton on it since learning about it
  • Cl4ud3
    This has popped up on IG recently https://www.instagram.com/tnail_usa/ I have no information on it other than what is on their page.
  • Dapieguy
    that thing honestly looks pretty bad. there are much better products already on the market.
  • VapeCritic

I read through some of the comments on his IG posts and the one thing that caught my eye was them saying it had an auto-clean mode? Not sure but that would be a sick feature, I'll keep an eye on it.

What else should I buy??

I wanna do a Portable Dab Rig review soon, after I get the other ones (Peak, Hyer, Dr Dabber)
  • MMongo
    Interested to hear what you think. About only way I’ve consumed concentrates since the day I received mine. Love that green setting. I see a lot of hate out there for it but have nothing bad to say about mine that relates to function (price is literally my only issue).
  • VapeCritic
    First use (unlisted video):

• MMongo

Cold load and start with carb cap on.

The hum isn’t that bad with mine, it’s just enough so that I’m aware it is “on”. But I also have played guitar with loud amps for 30+ years so my hearing may be shot haha.

The cup will torch completely clean even with repeated rosin use.

Sucks you got water in your mouth. I’ve not had that happen but you don’t have to pull as hard as you think so I think that will go away with use.

Glad you finally got one!
  • VapeCritic
    start with carb cap onMMongo

Ah yes thank you! :lol:

I can deal with the hum too, it's kinda like the Ghost hum.

The cup will torch completely cleanMMongo

Do I just torch it from underneath or how do I do it?

I'm actually surprised that more water didn't touch my mouth, I really only got that tiny splash and it wasn't that bad, I think the sloping glass design is helping with this :up:

I wonder if they'll come out with a quartz cup I like dabbing from quartz!
  • VapeCritic
    Oh yea and i'll be vaping with it dry from now on anyway :lol:
  • MMongo

I just hold cup with needle nose and torch from bottom yes. Maybe 45 seconds and it’s clean as a whistle. Rosin is very mucky as you know so I torch it every other day or so. Never gotten any off flavors from the gunk but it just looks bad so I have to clean it. For most concentrates a quick clean with a precision qtip works wonderfully.
  • Baron23
    from the vid, its clear that the carb cap is absolutely needed...put it on and don't take it off until you want to clear the rig. Even in the vid, it was easy to see the vapor density go WAY up when capped.

A possible alternative to torching is to turn it on and just put a drop of water in there when hot and immediately q-tip it and see if that won't lift off the crud. With my SiC inserts on my enails, this works wonderfully at about 200 F on the controller. If really dirty, then a drop of water and then a drop of ISO and immediately q-tip. I have not done this on ceramic but imagine it should work fine??? Ceramic is a bit porous so if you use ISO I would definitely do a burn off.

Looks like you got some very nice hits from it.

Question, the little retaining ring that goes on top of the insert to hold it in....what's it made of?

Thanks for the vid. I think there are a LOT of people out there...med patients who would think an enail oil rig will look like a crack pipe.....who would appreciate a unit with this level of integration, packaging and form factor. The price is an objection but....maybe worth it??
  • MMongo

I think that upper part is a white delrin? It has tabs that space the cup evenly from the SS sidewalls. The outer band is just a silicone sleeve for looks. I’ve taken that piece off immediately after a dab and it doesn’t seem to get any noticeable heat. I only am guessing it is delrin as it feels like a lot of my old ejuice vape drip tips that were delrin so I may be wrong.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet