• MMongo
    Oh I’ve also noticed you should power the unit all the way down when done (long press “off”) for the day. People complaining about battery life and only time I had issues was when I forgot and went to double click the next day and it was dead so I think it sort of runs in standby when not in use and will drain eventually. When I’ve been conscious of turning it legitimately on and off between dabs and not just leave in stand by I’ve gotten 15-20 “cycles” per charge which is basically 45-60 “hits”.
  • Drezmane
    Just got mine in yesterday. I’ve only gotten it to work once. Apparently I have an issue with the fitting of the glass into the silicone. The glass isn’t fitting correctly and seems like there’s airflow elsewhere, not allowing me to pull vapor through the rig. Definitely upsetting after spending $380 on the unit. I’ve emailed them and looks like I’m gonna be waiting for a reply for some time.

The glass it came with doesn’t look as symmetrical as I’d like either. Makes it seem like the demand brought down the quality of the glass they’re sending these out with.

The one time i got it to fit properly without the extra airflow issue, i used it on blue and it was a decent hit.

Anyone else hear of an issue with the glass to silicone fitting?

I also feel like the silicone is going to be a problem with wear and tear after taking the glass off and putting it on a bunch of times. I think it’ll bring issues with airflow.

Another thing I don’t like is how dirty the ceramic gets after a single use. If I get this issue fixed and if I decide to keep it, I’ll probably look into the quartz bucket.

I’m even considering returning the unit and waiting til a newer version is available. I’m super bummed out that it’s not working. I bought it for myself as a birthday gift and now it’s hurting.
  • Cl4ud3
    Seeing as @MMongo has one and has the most knowledge of the faults and complaints maybe he will see this tag and have advice for you.
  • MMongo

That sucks to hear for sure. My glass fits snugly with no issues. As for the silicone, why do you need to remove it so often? I don’t see how it would wear very easy as the air path is very rigid if you feel it.

What concentrates are you using? Live resin? Rosin? Crumble? Mine doesn’t get excessively dirty at all. I usually torch it completely clean maybe every 20-30 dabs or so? Qtip lightly after each use of course. I run on green and usually load a 2-3 hit dab. So not loading a lot by any means.

It bums me out hearing all the bad experiences. I must have gotten completely lucky as haven’t had any problems with mine. I use it daily since I got it, never more than 2 straight cycles and I maintain it as above, nothing special or anything. I charge it maybe every 3 days.

I will never say the price is justified so I feel you on that but it performs perfectly for my needs and I’ve maybe done 2 or 3 traditional or enail dabs since I got it.

Hope they get you a better glass piece so you can enjoy it as well!
  • Drezmane

Yeah I’m looking at pics posted on this thread I for sure got a defected glass piece.

Dabbing on some just dab shatter and loudpack live resin crystals/sauce. It probably got dirtier than it should have cause I did waste some material thinking it was going to work. All it did was burn my dabs and waste em.

I only got the glass to fit correctly once and got tired of trying and wasting my concentrates.

I wasn’t talking about removing the silicone itself, not sure if that’s what you understood. What I meant was when you pull the glass piece off to store it. (I’m guessing some people have to put their stuff away or like to bring it with them places) I don’t think it’ll always fit as snug.

I feel your hype about how sweet this thing would be if everything came in perfectly. Makes me kinda hope that their customer service will be on point so i can actually enjoy mine.
  • MMongo

I can’t remember now when I got mine but I take the glass on and off each evening and have not noticed any loosening or fit difference at all. Just saying it is pretty firm silicone so it doesn’t seem to flex that much which would cause stretching or anything.
  • Drezmane

Sweeeeet. That’s good to hear about the silicone.

Good news!
    So I just went at it again with the glass and I think I might have figure out a way to get it to fit so I can actually get a hit out of it. Pull still feels a bit tight but it’s still ripping so I’m not taking it off. Lol

I just tried it on blue green and red. Green is probably going to be my option best taste to heat ratio in my opinion.

The ceramic definitely makes the taste different. I can see why they stick to ceramic.

Thanks for your input guys.
  • MMongo

Yeah I love green. I tried a quartz cup that didn’t quite fit right but worked and I actually like the ceramic better so happy with it. Would be cool if they had more options down the line.

Not real thrilled to see replacement atomizers are $40 for it. It seems they are sticking with the overpriced thing hahaha
  • Drezmane
    Okay so after using it for the day:

My only complaint is the price(obv) and quality of the glass. It’s not symmetrical at all. The two holes are to the left, first cone is super crooked. And the only way the airflow hole aligns is if I have it off to the side. Definitely got a fucked up batch. This is why I was having the issue where i couldn’t get airflow.
  • Gman
    40$ for just a replacement atomizer? oh man :(
  • MMongo

Yeah not sure why only the entire thing is available. Hopefully eventually they will have the parts individually. The top piece you almost should only ever need one of. Replacement buckets should definitely be separate as you can break them when torching or whatever. Imo they should part them out. I wouldn’t be as bothered if it was like $15 for atomizer, $15 for bucket and $10 for top piece, if that makes sense. Just seems overkill to only have complete assy, hopefully that changes haha
  • Gman
    I went through this with puffco on the plus, they way over price the atomizer there too. And they know it.
  • MMongo
    Fadespace has quartz inserts for $30 so I’m picking one up to give it a whirl, got tired of waiting on Eternal Quartz to bother responding to the 16 emails, 43 DMs and 9 actual phone calls I’ve made to them.
  • BobaTheFett
    hey If you have Instagram I know a guy who whole sales them I ordered mine through them messaged them and ordered same day and reciecef quick
  • MMongo

Already ordered the other one but I may look into that down the road
  • MMongo

How does it work btw? And on what setting are you using it?
  • BobaTheFett
    Been tinkering more wit it just now I feel ceramic is better imo in this battle still have to test it feel I’m not getting as much vapor production wit it still testing
  • MMongo
    Carb caps available now for $20. 3 ceramic bowls for $20. Honestly not as bad as I expected given the 380 price for unit and $40 atomizer.
  • BobaTheFett
    Yeah I bought an extra atomizer and they mailed me a replacement for the one that shit out in four ish days right now my throat hurts lol feelclike it’s my peaks fault although my first run wit peak didn’t happen
  • Drezmane
    So aside from the glass issue I had I got the rainbow fault and checked the atomizer. It’s as clean as it could be. Still not firing up. Thought I got it to work for a sec but it gave me the rainbow fault at the end of the cycle and it never actually heated up the ceramic. I emailed them about that too and hit their support ig to see if they would see/say anything but obviously nobody works on sundays. I wish I could get a refund on it but I guess I’ll have to settle for whatever they end up replacing to get it working properly. I’m really disappointed with the purchase.
  • MMongo

That sucks. I assume you made sure the atomizer isn’t cross threaded or not threaded all the way down? I saw that fix someone with rainbow lights on another forum.

Really blows they have QC issues on something so expensive. Lucky I got a good one as I’ve had no problems at all. And I’ve used multiple times daily since I got it.
  • MMongo
    Fadespace quartz insert arrived, works pretty well but for whatever reason I prefer the Peak ceramic cup for flavor, which is odd because I usually prefer quartz to ceramic in other atomizers or rigs. Will try some different consistency strains in it at some point, may be better for some things.
  • MMongo
    Making sexy sexier with dollars.

vhrap97im1tloq2m.jpeg
    4bpokn711zkmo1x5.jpeg
  • Gman
    nice!! and it holds well, doesn't leak out the bottom at all?
  • MMongo

Not a drop. It would if you overfill or tilt too far the wrong way so it takes a little concern but besides that it is flawless, great seal, nice draw.
  • Gman
    Nice!! where did you get this?
  • MMongo

Custom order from a blower on IG. There are a bunch out there
  • FLOmaster
    why haven’t you done a full review of the Peak yet?
  • FLOmaster
    Okay so honestly, I’m really really really unclear as to why nobody is talking about the very pronounced smell this device puts off, without any oil loaded in it. It’s not due to it being fresh out the box, “offgassing”, residue, etc, as it smells the exact same fresh out the box as it does after torching the ceramic bucket thoroughly and rinsing it with ISO. The ceramic insert/bucket is definitely the source/culprit as it doesn’t smell nearly as pronounced if you’d heat the device with the ceramic bucket removed. (Even the ceramic heating plate underneath is not smelling anywhere near as pronounced as the bucket smells when heated). It’s nowhere near a neutral odor, and I’m shocked shocked SHOCKED that nobody else is mentioning it either in this forum, or in the many reviews I’ve watched online. It’s clear as day guys. It drastically adulterated the taste of whatever’s high quality oil is loaded into it. Easy test is to compare the taste to that out of the Vapexhale EVO with it dialed down to 10 o’ Clock. Now THAT is clean FLAVOR. This Puffco Peak has a drastic taste imparted to the vapor from the ceramic itself and anyone who claims otherwise does not know what they are talking about. To be clear, I’m not necessarily saying the device offgasses a dangerous gas, as I imagine it’s somewhat safe since the source is ceramic, but to say the device has a good taste, or a neutral odor, is outright demonstrably FALSE
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment