• Cl4ud3
    Nothing new here for most of you but with the changes in international shipping costs I decided it was time to get one. For info the old shipping cost was $50 to the UK and it's now $21 which is inline with everyone else.
    ekb1fw44vicmbso8.jpg

I went for the full kit on this one, fine to coarse sifting screens and plates.
    kwnqr67faougzqks.jpg

Initial impressions are good, it cuts effortlessly, the turn action is smooth and a solid engineered piece. I'm not sure on how much of a difference there is between the plate sizes though and if really only fine and coarse are sufficient. Still I'm more than happy with the purchase.

I know a few people here have this grinder so any longer term observations ?
  • Rockytdogg
    I started getting serious about flower vaping when I got a med card early last summer (I’ve had an MFLB since ‘08 though) and since then I have purchased:

Yocan Evolve Plus
    Ghost MV1
    VapCap M
    SourceVapes Orb 4 Signature Kit
    Lift Innovations ”grinder”

It is easily the best vaping related purchase I’ve made to date. I have yet to clean anything on it that actually comes in contact with weed and it works like the day I received it. Perfect.

I’m thinking it’s a “once in a lifetime” type product.... if you like those kinds of things, this is for you.

As for the sifting screens... I only got the fine one along with the med in the standard 4 piece kit. I’ve switched back an forth a few times and I really have to say that overall I prefer the medium.
  • MMongo
    I must have had bad luck or something. Mine gummed up in less than a month and I got tired of cleaning it. Worked great when it worked but I ended up trading to for a really nice banger. I much prefer SLX and new vape grinders.
  • Rockytdogg
    Gummed up so you couldn’t even turn it? What would it do or not do as a result? My blades and discs are gummy but everything still glides like buttah.....? Am I just getting used to it and fooling myself? Is my material not very resinous? Do I not grind a lot?
  • Lucic and Chong
    Welcome to the club, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it. I also look at it as a "one time" purchase. The only way I ever see myself getting another grinder, is if I lose my Lift.

Probably my most favorite thing about it is just the simple quarter turn open, no gummed up threads to worry about. I find the medium disc the most versatile and I use it most. I like a little extra kief collecting, so I'll use the courser screen. That's one of the fun things about it, how you can customize it to your needs.

I've cleaned it once since buying it, it's no more difficult than cleaning most vapes. Not out of need, I just like my stuff shiny and clean looking.
  • Baron23
    I certainly have no disrespect for the Lift but really don't get too over enthused about grinders in general.

But the comments I see from time to time about having to clean various grinders as a complaint have me scratching my head a bit.

I generally use the NV fine grinder and I think I have poured a little ISO in the two halves maybe twice since I got it....oh, about 18 months to two years ago.....and this is with grinding some pretty sticky stuff.

I just pour a bit of ISO in the two halves, wait a bit, aggitate with an old toothbrush if necessary, clean again in another 9 months! LOL

Doesn't seem that onerous to me while at the same time I'm not so sold on coatings in my grinders like the SLX (not bad mouthing it, never have used one, but the coating does raise a mild concern in me...don't want that in my flower at all).

It seems like a lot of people really like their Lift and that's terrific.

Have a great day
  • Lucic and Chong
    Also curious what got gummed up? Blade? Tough to open/close?
  • Smokin60
    Rockytdog told me about the Lift a few months ago and while having the SLX , Compton Grinder and using both fairly easy with only one hand , I purchased the medium grind edition and haven't used the others unless I need a fine grind .....it's IMO it's the top shelf of grinders and easier for me to use . I'm happy !
  • MMongo

Both. Maybe it didn’t like the humidity or whatever but the mechanism got wonky and the blade edges got to where it was tearing more than cutting. Etc.

No knock on it. Just was more complicated than what I need
  • Rockytdogg

Just one more question before we crucify you (again), Mongo... :joke: how long ago was this? I know the earlier model(s) (the clipper?) had a bunch of changes before the latest LIFT....
  • Lucic and Chong
    I get it, as much as I love mine, it's not for everyone. I actually like the extra tinkering around with it.

Mine was a little tougher to open when it was new, but I followed their instructions of a little beeswax and now it's just like butter. I just have to reapply after any cleaning.
  • MMongo

Oh I’ve said it on here before sorry yeah I had a proto version when it was Clipper branded.
  • justjustin
    O have a copy cat of the lift grinder by LinCig, got on Amazon and it's one of my favorite grinders, especiAlly for the finest, even grind. It came with two plates, medium and fine. It cuts great when it's clean but it does get yummy after awhile. It's easy to scrap the residue and keep going until it needs a deep clean. The residue should be saved, as it's basically "finger" concentrate. I highly recommend this type of grinder and seems gentler on your herbs, cutting them, rather than "grinding" them. I find it's easier to turn than traditional grinders and it's my go to grinder, followed by SIX and Chewy 2 and I also use my Storz and Nickel grinder often because it really works well.. I have used and sold many grinders in the past from Santa Cruz or Call Crushed Homegrown, Kannastor Vape GR8TR etc. I'm curious about Groove grinders that have a unique cutting design...
  • Cl4ud3
    I generally use the NV fine grinderBaron23

The only other grinder I have any interest in because, in all honestly no matter where the teeth are or the shape of the teeth, every standard grinder I've had has been more or less the same.
  • B-ROD
    @justjustin

Have u used the Lift version? Any idea how the Lincig compares? I'm interested in buying a "blade" style grinder but a hundred dollars seems a little expensive.
  • Rockytdogg
    Well, at least looking into it a little, Lincig did finally add some magnets to their “Failed Execution” (Greg, the owner of LIFT’s opinion of it verbatim) and total rip-off of the LIFT design (no magnet...? Really? LOL) ... and it’s $70...! For a ton of extra crap you probably will never use...! For a few dollars more you can get the real thing! And you get to keep your dignity and honor, too! A total steal, IMO.
  • B-ROD
    lol noted. I will say tho that "a few extra dollars" for me would end up being about double the price because if I'm gonna spend a hundred dollars on a grinder id prolly opt for the total $130 package. Unless all that falls under the "extra crap u never use" category? Thanks for the info so far. Id be using it solely for my MV1 btw. If that makes any difference.
  • VapeCritic

Sweet!! I still have the original Clipper version from years ago, it's a cool grinder.

Fun fact: I was the one who originally recommended they make a screen option with finer pores for use in vaporizers!
  • Rockytdogg
    I spent $100 delivered on it and got a code (they're probably still out there, one for the fine or one for the coarse screen) for a free fine screen. Like I said, the medium has worked the best in my devices, and the stock kief screen is pretty fine, which I actually like cuz it keeps it more pure and leaves you more in the grind for your current sesh.
  • Lucic and Chong
    So, this thread has inspired me to clean my Lift, for the 2nd time ever. It's still working great, and doesn't really need it, I just like my stuff clean when I can. Plus it's super quick and easy.

Started off not too bad, but not new and clean looking.
    zmtad7xap4m21ar6.jpg

On second thought, I'm switching back to the finer screen for a while. I'm actually ending up with too much kief (is that really a thing?).
    sykn3h3vc342luka.jpg

Not unlike how you clean most vapes, take it apart and give it a quick iso bath.
    7vgw130z2ka3slgt.jpg

Dry it out.
    ii8hoh7upzxmg7dn.jpg

Taa daa! Looks brand new again, the whole process took less than 5 minutes.
    bezhhc96guvk455h.jpg
  • DregerUS
    cleaning that to me would have been like 4 hours and hours and hours and hours s*** I can only imagine what I would be thinking at that time :)
  • B-ROD
    Does the Lift handle dry material any better than a traditional "toothed" grinder?
  • DregerUS
    no clue bro...
  • Rockytdogg

My guess is that it would handle it way better... it gets cut and drops... bam. No prolonged crushing, smashing, bashing or smushing action. And with that action, more trichomes stay right where they’ve been all along... spaced out nicely and evenly on the flower since their birth!
  • B-ROD
    @Rockytdogg

Id think so too. My go to dispensary tends to sell stuff on the dry side. Add that to the fact that I usually get a months supply, it only makes it worse. The ten percent that ends up dust in my current grinder doesn't combine well with the MV1. Thanks for ur reply.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I think it does, but I'm also extremely biased because I like mine so much. I find it to have a much more consistent grind (cut?). With my cheaper, toothed grinders I would often find some chunks and some dust.

With really dry material, I find it to be better than the toothed ones. But no matter what you're grinding with, if the material is too dry, you will get some dust/powdery material.

I'm sure that all of the space case, SLX, SCS, etc... are all great to. I've only ever owned cheaper sharpstones to compare this too, so in comparison it is amazing.
  • Lucic and Chong
    Remember, it's always easy to add an orange/lemon rind to your bag/jar for a bit to add some moisture back if it's too dry. It can be a fine line between nice and dry, and too dry. Especially if it means dust falling in your MV1 oven.

And it can also add some nice flavor too.
  • Rockytdogg
    Or you can use Boveda humidity packs like I use.... they last awhile and aren’t very expensive... I use the 58% cuz I like my stuff a little on the dry side... I also almost always grind on demand... cuz I really like the taste and smell of fresh cut pretty much everything! Who doesn’t? (Oh yeah, peeps that “grind and store”... ew)
  • DregerUS
    3nay0cue8mds8lct.jpg
    Scooby Snack
  • B-ROD
    Sold. lol Thanks for the info guys. Ill definitely try those methods to recover my material. Up until now I've just been really hesitant cause of mold etc.
  • Rockytdogg
    Aaaaaand that’s a wrap!

I’d HIGH5 ya if I could @Lucic and Chong!

Seriously. You will not be disappointed... I promise you. Have you ever been truly happy when you know for a fact that you’ve settled for less? Not me.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment