• Mr Gweilo 420
    Well not really at all. After using a Lil Bud you find the glass inside the unit serves little purpose and is highly breakable. Absolutely no residue build up inside the unit. It remains almost perfectly clean and just requires an occasional light cleaning. In terms of glass in the stems I kind of agree although others would not. Allen (Toasty Top, IH, Hi) makes amazing roasting tubes of wood with glass liners as an option. That is my choice and it does not impact taste or grow mould.

You're comment about why you clean your bong, dab rigs and vapes was highly condescending. Thanks
  • BobCat
    After using a Lil Bud you find the glass inside the unit serves little purpose and is highly breakable.Mr Gweilo 420
    What tube are you using? Is it glass or glass lined? While which tastes are pleasurable does vary, most vaporists tend to prefer glass over wood.
    usqamaiq83x73bx9.png
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    well I seem to have acquired roasting tube acquisition syndrome. I have 9 roasting tubes from Alan in various lengths and varieties of wood. They all have glass inserts. I love wood but dont like to put it to my lips or use it as a vapor path. Others like that but not my style. I like to keep it clean. I have 4 long medium roasting tubes (maple, paduak, highly figured walnut and purpleheart), 3 medium (all walnut but one is a cooling stem from Mike) and 2 shorties (lavander and maple). I can use them with OG Lil Bud, Lil Bud Elite as well as my RBT vapes and my iHeat.

Since I wrote that comment I have acquired an Elite and in my opinion it is even better. I have other glass only stems but I dont use them. Alans roasting tubes are awesome. I hope to get a few more.
  • BestBuds
    People say Lil Bud is derivative of the Milaana but in my opinion it is far superior. Eliminating glass is a great improvement and the heater is far more efficient than anything made by RBT. The woodworking is also amazing and on another level compared to RBT. The vapor itself is dense and deliciousMr Gweilo 420
    Ok. First, this is just "as seen on TV" advertising. Over the top shameless plugging of one vape over another. I don't know why every fan of Lil bud has to have RBT in their mouth every time they talk about Lil bud. Dude just like your vape without getting involved in BS.

After using a Lil Bud you find the glass inside the unit serves little purpose and is highly breakable.Mr Gweilo 420
    :roll: highly breakable? I have dropped my Splinter Z and have had it for a long time. I have never been worried about breaking it. Again this is more meaningless "as seen on TV" sales jargon.

Why can't people like what they like without spitting poison about all others? I was going to buy my own Lil bud at one point but decided against it because of the lil buds fan base. After reading threads here and on FC I have seen members trash other vapes while fellating the hell out of a Lil bud on video. That kind of fan base makes me think it's a load of shite and mostly lies and misdirections.
    After trying one, it confirmed that the fans of this vape do it a disservice. It's a good vape with a lot going for it and a lot that I don't like at all, just like tons of other vapes.

Sorry if that was grouchy. I'm not a morning person. :victory:
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    are you an RBT fuckboi? Whats up dude? I made normal comments and you are hysterical like a lilttle bitch. Go eat a dick.
  • Gonzo
    I thought that what @BestBuds said about the Lil Bud was actually giving it good reviews, just didn't like the way that some users were portraying it on the forums (bashing others for not using it). How many other accounts have you used on this forum to push the same agenda?
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Im not Pam. Just one account.
  • Dr green thumb
    if the lil bud is the best vape you have tried, you really need to go try some other vapes. I would also suggest editing your comment insulting @BestBuds as you are just proving his point.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    lol Ive probably thrown more vapes in the trash than you have tried but what is your point?
  • Dr green thumb
    A quick search on fc shows that @Mr Gweilo 420 is not the happiest of people nor very well liked. Also 90% of his posts here are negative.

This is a relaxed community so go vape some flower and come back chill.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Im just defending myself. Use whatever vape you please. This is the Lil Bud thread so discussion is normal. I have a few vapes in rotation.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Oh man you are stalking me already? #weird
  • Dr green thumb
    nope just checking if maybe today was just a bad day for you or if this was a chronic condition.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    you probably live with your mom and wear a shit stained wife beater. Im off to enjoy my vapes.
  • Gonzo
    Ahhh.....so mommy made you clean the basement and it pissed you off? That explains a lot.
  • BestBuds
    Anger dwells in the bosom of fools. You betray yourself.
  • Vapster707
    Wow alot mean spirited ppls around here lately
  • VapeCritic
    Mr Gweilo is now on moderation, WTF dude.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    "nimbly bimbly from tree tree" it has been a while and i forgot about that specific sentence!!! :rofl: :rofl:

×edit× i should have taken this to the off topic my apologies....
  • Bravesst
    My apologies if this discussion seems *anger* driven. My loyal customers can a bit over zealous. This is the Lil' Bud thread, and you're correct, no other vapes need be mentioned. While you say LB fans can't get *other* vape manufactures out of their mouths, for a long time, *other* vape manufacture fans couldn't stop talking shit about LB, spreading lots of misinformation.

The idea of no glass came from Alan Gray. Alan had been turning tapered holes in wood for quite a while. Between the two of us, we've made hundreds and hundreds of vapes - NEVER ANY MOLD. He also designed a spiral mesh coil (very specific gauge, size, squares per inch) that heats up instantly and never wears out that sits inside every LB. Removing the glass helps keep the unit cooler, and there is no struggle to fix the glass in place by introducing an adhesive into the air path. The coil compartment is actually ss foil lined, and the ss radiates the heat back into the coil, and up into the load, instead of into the wood body. The roasting tube, also wood, has a 19/22 male connection to fit perfectly into the reamed tapered bowl.

The Classic is direct from 18650 to coil, the Elite incorporates a DNA75 Color control board, which changes everything (Temp Control, Watt Control, Preheat). When product is prepped and loaded correctly, this simple, yet state of the art system delivers rapid, pure, smooth vapor that rivals anything out there.

Taste is not necessarily *woody*, but the addition of all wood allows a cool, smooth experience. Cleaning the actual vape isn't necessary, the tubes will need a screen change every once in a while. If loading right, the ABV is nice and dry, making a quick empty a breeze.

Custom tubes are available, as well as glass lining for the tubes themselves for those who like a narrower tube and glass feel. The glass lining does keep the inside of the tubes clean.

No shortcuts are taken. As a woodworker, all traditional joinery techniques are used in construction of the wood body, caps, plates - all done by hand. The electrical connections are rock solid, and resistance within the LB circuitry is predictably low because of all this, with an efficient delivery of current to coil. This is a quality apparatus that produces some rapid, tasty vapor. Whether a LB is right for you is truly a personal preference, and there is truly no reason for any anger.
  • Cl4ud3
    Between the two of us, we've made hundreds and hundreds of vapes - NEVER ANY MOLD.Bravesst

Since you brough up the no mold thing Mike did you ever discover what this was in one of your vapes ?

icswfv8vxm952xcc.jpg
  • Bravesst
    Not mold, looked more like green stain or some kind of ink.
    Damn, have we come a long way since then...
    20190527-154741.jpg
  • UbarDog

That is clearly mould.
    Just be stright with people.

Edit::
    Sorry this came across rude. I didn't mean it to be but it is clearly mould

I like Alan's work. I feel he has done alot of good for vape progression. Hope I see more reviews on this lil'bud .

May I ask what tempreture the spiral coil gets too?
  • Bravesst
    If I still had the unit, I'd send it to you. It actually had a perfume like smell to it which made me think it was a synthetic. That's a great question on the coil, and one that's kind of easier to answer now that we're hooked up to Evolv's DNA chip. Full battery power and just sitting on the button will produce temps in excess of 500 degrees, but that is clearly not the way to use the unit. With the Escribe software, you can monitor a *puff*, live. Best results are at lower temps of 350 to about 420 max. If using the Elite on wattage mode, I generally operate in the 25 to 27 watt range. If in temp control, from 375 to 420. The Elite also gives you a preheat option, a quick blast of more watts for one second, this allows lower settings overall.
  • UbarDog
    @Bravesst
    Well no publicity is bad publicity I suppose. Just been looking at your web site. :grin:

A couple of questions if I may

-Shipping costs to UK?
    How website is set up I can't check it myself

-What is the Physical Size of Lil and Elite? Elite looks massive .
    Maybe include a banana for scale ;p Or just one in a hand.

-Barebone classic.
    What is not included? One would just purchase a roasting tube ?
    Not sure if Im missing info from site

-Wood's and Grain.
    rs=w:400,cg:true

The grain seem all over the place and alot of the time of different woods. Even the pure Walnut Elites look GOOD but then the bottom corner the grain changes direction. This compeletly spoils it for me.
    Do you make any with full matching grain all the way round ?
    I think I have worked out answer "no it's not possible with the manufacturing processes" but im still asking :D

-Are there any video's of it in actions? (not staring PAM - Sorry)

Thanks
  • SourMalk

Claude, I'm not sure if this is the case here, but woods that have lots of mineral in the grain, tend to seep these minerals out as the wood heats and dries. I've seen it before and it looks eerily like mold.

Again, not saying that is what is happening in this case but it has happened before on other wood vapes and it will most likely happen again. I guess smell is a good determining factor.
  • BestBuds
    While you say LB fans can't get *other* vape manufactures out of their mouths, for a long time, *other* vape manufacture fans couldn't stop talking shit about LB, spreading lots of misinformation.Bravesst
    I haven't heard any shit talking since I've been vaping (2.5 years) from the RBT fan base. Regardless, I have nothing more to say about the shit talking. Hopefully people can be adults and move on.

Do you have any pictures of the heater element used in the Lil bud? If it's proprietary I understand. Also, if I wanted different stems what options do I have? Can it be used easily with a jhook?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment