• VoidOfCourse
    The 22mm depth provides some great versatility and security for trying different stems and I've even had success with all my previously acquired 19mm stems with only a bit more heating or pre-heat than a 22mm stem.

This is a 19mm 7inch cooling stem that sits very securely as the wood 22mm depth really grips like a champ with a little turn.
    IMG-1306.jpg

It's so light that it doesn't feel like it'll snap your j-hook if you accidentally let go momentarily IMG-1407.jpg
    IMG-1414.jpgI'm still getting used to the heater and unregulated nature of the Lil' Bud Classic so the power of this little guy can easily get away from me with the j-hook more so than with a roasting tube/stem, but when I hit it just right it's amazingly tasty.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    So before this all went off topic I was commenting about how good the Lil Bud Elite is. I have a good collection of on demand vapes and in my opinion this is a really luxurious way to vape. You have all the usual DNA settings and the beauty of wood.

Do any of you guys have an Elite yet?
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Clean as whistles. Use whatever makes you happy. These are things that make me happy.yza65lznb1mn9yw8.jpg
    z5zun1to9lcl6bb3.jpg
  • Bravesst
    The Elite is 95 mm tall, 70 wide, 29 thick. About the size of a pack of cigarettes. The grain orientation of the bottom cap isn't just about looks in this instance, but function and fit. I no longer match grain in the bottom cap / switch box. By flipping the grain, I can avoid end grain where I don't want it, forming the joint between the two units. The end grain is at each side, creating a very interesting effect, and a more structurally sound unit.

The tapered hole is a 19/22 female joint, and LB comes with a 19/22 short wood stem. It pairs nicely with appliances with the right adapter.

I'm about to make a bunch of coils and I'll upload some pics.
  • Monk Debate

Both the classic and elite can take 19/19 stems? So I could get a barebones version and use all the stems I’ve got for my Splinter Z?
  • MothChewMoth
    great question. Just got some stems for a Milaana and am interested in trying one of these at some point.
  • VoidOfCourse
    Every thing 19mm that I already was using for my Z has worked in my Lil' Bud Classic. I've yet to try an Elite but I believe it's the same in regards to the dimensions in question.
    There's just the space difference to take into consideration, so in theory slightly more heating is required to account for added space from coil. The Elite would make that so much easier too since you can just set higher temp etc. from the start.

22mm is clearly optimal but in my experience, yes.
  • Monk Debate

Awesome! That makes it more attractive to start with a barebones and add roasting tubes later.
  • Bravesst
    As promised, a pic of the coil (design by Alan Gray)
    20190606-054022.jpg
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    I am able to use my roasting tubes from Alan with a Splinter, Splinter Z and Milaana.
  • VoidOfCourse
    I agree. For future reference here is Alan's webpage to get all kinds of roasting tubes, glass linings etc. I think his e-mail is the only way to order from him. http://toasty-top.com/shop.html
    He's got some awesome vapes on there too!

Cool man, I'll try this since Alan's wooden roasting tubes with those no-rim basket screens they come with safely tucked down in the tube shouldn't pose any harm to the heater.
    Although I would personally be apprehensive to shove a glass 19/22 in a 19/19 sized heater especially with a rimmed (hard or "soft") basket screen as I wouldn't want any damage to the surrounding glass or especially the mesh bottom from unnecessary and unwanted contact.

Gorgeous collection of vapes and roasting tubes by the way, friend!
  • Bravesst
    Alan supplies all of Lil' Bud's tubes for both the Classics and Elites. His website is linked from vapwood to make purchasing extra tube easy. He is a true creative genius, and does a remarkable job.
  • VoidOfCourse
    Lil' Bud Classic and MF Doom.IMG-1647.jpg Cheers
  • VoidOfCourse
    Lil' Bud and Canibus
    IMG-1786.jpg :)
  • Bravesst
    Now that is cool. Just so you guys know, we are running a 15% sale on the Lil' Bud Elite (maple, cherry, walnut, koa) at vapwood.com
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet