• spider
    Had a quick question on the rdk 300 pid, you'll have to excuse me because I've only owned one for a about 1 1/2 weeks so I'm still getting use
    So my question is last night I noticed I set my temp to 665 and it seemed to rest at 660? I then turned it up to 670, then dropped it down to 665 and it stayed?
    Is this kind of inconsistiancy normal and part of the fluctuation of the pid, or is there something possibly wrong? , not really a huge deal I just want to know if anyone noticed it with theres.
  • Baron23
    mine def does not do that.

I would reach out to Auber tech support via their website. They will clear this up for you.

You didn’t happen to go into settings and change anything, did you?

Also, are u using an Auber coil?
  • spider
    hey, I am definitely using the coil for the rdk, I also didn't go into the settings, it was odd, like i said i set it to 665 and it rested on 660, but maybe I possibly didn't give it time to rest, I'm actually gonna turn it on now to see if it does it again, I'll keep an eye on it and if it persist I'll contact the support guys,
    The pid does come with a yr warranty so that's good.
  • spider
    hey baron I just turned it on and tested it out and it seems all good,
    I think what happened was last night at some point after putting it back on the post, it must have just takin awhile to get back to normal temp, I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks.
  • BestBuds
    Do you guys really find that the extra money spent to have a knob on the pid is worth it? Do you really change the temp that much? I'm going to get a vrod set up either on the classifieds or on Black Friday trying to figure it all out now. thanks!
  • LabPong
    Do you guys really find that the extra money spent to have a knob on the pid is worth it? Do you really change the temp that much? I'm going to get a vrod set up either on the classifieds or on Black Friday trying to figure it all out now. thanks!BestBuds

It totally depends on your use needs. If you are using the controller just for 1 vape....or 1 coil I should say.....and it is always at the same temp for use....your needs for the knob might be pretty trivial.

But if you use more than one coil with the controller, or use different temps to vape different stuff with the same coil, the knob is awesome.

And the programmable auto shut off is priceless to me.

The Auber's also use the industry standard connections where as the generic chinese one NV uses has old not common for vaping coil use connection type. So you can't use other coils unless you get the NV one for it.

So that would be a general overview of NV vs Auber.
  • Baron23
    glad it’s all good, Spider.

Mine has been rock solid for about three years. Great basic controller.
  • Terpenetime
    People should learn to auto tune PIDs, and should learn to set and tune PIDs.zancru

Is it necessary to auto tune the (Vapecode / New Vape) PID each time the coil is unplugged from it, or only when a different coil is being plugged into it?

Or, to put it another way, if I always use the same coil but unplug it when I pack the PID away, is it necessary to perform an auto tune when I next use it?

I do not believe so, only if you change heads or coils. Maybe after it has been taken apart to be cleaned and put back together. My Vrod has never been cleaned and after stretching and tightening my coil snug on the diffusers post(and auto tuning it after) I don’t think mine can come apart, lol.
  • Terpenetime
    Thanks @52

Now that I’ve got a Vapecode (New Vape) PID I’m interested in getting a compatible 16mm barrel coil so that I can use it with my elev8r heaters. I understand that a compatible coil needs to have the correct pin layout/wiring although I’m not sure about the precise details. I don’t want to buy the wrong coil and have to find someone that could rewire it, so can anyone direct me towards a seller on dhgate that would be able to supply a compatible coil please?
    Just got a 710 150w coil and learned you need to make an adjustment to Auber controllers. The value for a 250w coil is 100, 150w coil is 67(710 Axial coil) , 100w is 40(Newvape I believe). Also how you adjust or turn off auto shutoff. Proceed at your own risk.
    https://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK%20100W_supplementary.pdf
  • Baron23
    Just got a 710 150w coil and learned you need to make an adjustment to Auber controllers52

Actually, you do not have to make that adjustment. What it does is make more wattage available to be applied to the coil when applying heat.

If you don't make the adjustment, then it just takes a small bit of time more to reach temp.

I did not make this adjustment to my Auber because I run D-nail, 710coils, and Greenlight coils with only the 710coils one suitable for higher wattage.

I did set my auto-shut off to infinity. Auto-shut offs annoy the crap out of me.

Cheers

Good to know! I just learned about it yesterday.
  • Pud
    which I think is awesome it’s running around a third of capacity where others are probably closer to being maxed out at 100w since 100w is their max. So I’m def glad I went with the auber and good to know I can crank it up a little to go with my 710 coil. I love built in flexibility.
    Is there any way to make an Auber RDK-300 come on and heat when power is turned on to the plug? Like from a smart outlet remotely. I never thought of this when deciding on a controller for my enail. If not, what other controllers(I do not need Bluetooth) work like the Newvape but are wired for a 710 coil? Thanks.
  • LabPong
    Is there any way to make an Auber RDK-300 come on and heat when power is turned on to the plug? Like from a smart outlet remotely. I52

nope....it needs to have the physical heat on switch used. Just like the need I have for a dehumidifier in a grow tent......but when power is cut off to unit....it resets and enters a default standby when power it thrown back to it.

I would love to have my Kaza controllers do more things....but there are limitations when plugging in certain electronic devices that do not just start up when power is cut off/on.
  • fatbiker

I have my Flowerpot controller (standard NewVape PID) turned ona nd engaged. I then turn the power off on the outlet with my smart outlet. That is one thing I really like about my NV controller is that I can turn it on or off remotely.

I didn’t realize I couldn’t do that with an Auber controller. That fact alone my change my mind about which email setup I buy. I was almost 100% set on buying an Auber controller but now I’m not so certain.

Yup, I didn’t realize that. I’m picky about the layout I want. Both power and coil must connect in the back, display on front, turns on with ac power, Auber pin layout. Anyone have a link to a vape code style controller with coil connecting on the back?
  • MaxVapor
    We have a few units from our last manufacturing run that have slight cosmetic damage, usually a small dent in the aluminum case somewhere, they would probably be priced around $199 if anyone was interested.

Pm sent
  • MaxVapor
    Thanks guys, I think they would be all spoken for at the moment.
  • spider
    Just wanted to add that if you have an rdk 300 pid and have not tapped into the automatic shutoff system you could be missing out,
    I noticed the last couple of weeks using the rdk that the default time would be set for just an hour and for me it just didn't seem long enough,
    2 hours is what seemed to be more of a suitable time, I'm very happy to have that extra hour, before it seemed like it was always dying on me mid/late session, I highly recommend the rdk 300 as well, having that rotor dial feels effortless✌ ⚓ wru10lsb7jdglyom.jpg
  • LabPong
    I highly recommend the rdk 300 as well, having that rotor dial feels effortless✌ ⚓38spider

Awesome....now you know why Bud and I....and others were not that happy with the pid NV used to only offer.

You can get other coils for different setups and switch back and forth easily. Like a banger type coil for instance. I really like this piece of my vaping equipment....it is something that I feel is long term usage with it's abilities.
  • spider
    yup, I don't have any experience with the NV pid but from what I've heard, kicking out the extra bucks for the rdk was worth it,
    I will admit when I pull the trigger on a vape I always go for the quality over quantity or cheaper,

I dont know if the NV pid has an auto shutoff but being able to customize is very nice, I find my timer at 2hrs is adequate for my sessions, I was going in for a hit a couple nights ago when the default timer was activated and the sonofbitch turned off on me at mid hit, I said never again,lol
    Next day tapped in and gave me an extra hour, no looking back ⚓
    I bought an Auber and i liked everything about it except it has to be manually turned on by pushing a button and can’t be powered on and heat the coil remotely through a smart outlet. Probably not a deal breaker if even a thought to most but important to me. I bought a blemished Maxvapor controller and in a high state of mind sold and shipped the Auber to a member here the next morning, meaning I was out a controller for my new 710 Coils setup until my MV arrived. Waiting wasn’t an option for I have no patience, so about $14 later I was in business. My MV arrived a few hours after I flew out of town (this morning) for a few days and will be waiting for me when I get back Tuesday night. This got me threw a couple days and now I can use either with the NV controller. I’ll probably wire my Vrod to an Auber/Dnail/Maxvapor/DC(every other except High Five?) style connector to at least play with the Vrod heating profile on the MaxVapor controller.
    tkvh8maalqhdp41j.jpeg
    t0rggalrp7fphut4.jpeg
    This thing is unbelievable and so is the support!! I’m a gadget geek but not a computer geek, I know just enough to fuck shit up but @MaxVapor fixed me right up. I’m messing with the temperature offset right now.
    gdfllw6bb15o7pbp.jpeg
  • Other Side
    don't know much about these. What the advantages over some of the other popular controllers like the Pelli's, New Vape, Auber?

It has a bunch of bells and whistles. Uptemp, temp offset, heating profiles, Bluetooth, remote access and others. Works just like any other but can be customized like no other. It’s for gadget geeks like me, lol.
    Newvape coil on left, 710 Coils on right.
    6trags43g80gkn5g.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet