• VapeCritic

This is the stainless steel HVT Sai atomizer (for wax) on an Eleaf Pico 75w mod, I put a little strip of some rosin I just squished on that nutty-lookin coil and took a nice rip, it was delightful :strong: :strong: :ok:
  • Baron23
    Hi Bud - so i get that we have some real fans of the Sai but why won't this ceramic core wrapped with Kanthal coil start to taste just as bad as every other dang exposed coil atomizer (and to me they do NOT stay tasty).
  • VapeCritic

That's a great question and I'm not sure but I'll keep you posted! :sweat: I'm going to keep using this one because of the strong love for it, and because it's good lol

The only issue with my reporting personally is that I'm using my rosin that I squish when I test these pens and atomizers, and rosin doesn't seem to vape off quite as cleanly as other types, I guess there's still plant waxes or something in it right? So anyway all I mean is that my coils might gunk up faster than someone using shatter all the time, for example.

Someone with more Sai experience may be able to weigh in on this :chin:
  • VapeCritic

Yes and I'm also finishing up my Best Pens video which it will be included in as well :up:
  • Gman
    rosin will really gunk up that black ceramic and it'll be foul in a few days/weeks. The new Ti cup and Top Air flow SAI is pretty boss.

For that SAI you have there, I suggest the Triple Ti quartz, especially with waxy rosin.

If you get BHO/PHO or sauce, then the black ceramic coils will provide the biggest hits. The triple Ti Black ceramic will drop you as well as the Kanthal only it'll taste 100 times better.

But you'll want to stick to quartz rods, ceramic donuts or Ti cups with rosin.

I would avoid stainless steal or nickle coils if you can.
  • VapeCritic

Is this the Sai you're talkin about?
  • Gman
    Yes!! And the V2 Poseidon goes really well with it.

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/poseidon-v2-bubbler/

I added some edits to my previous post if you want to re-read it. So you know the other coils to order with it.
  • Gman
    And since you already have the SAI, you can get this when ti's back in stock;

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/top-air-flow-cap-w-sai-top-air-flow-titanium-bucket-coil/

This converts your old SAI into the new version, but it might be a while before it's back in stock. .
  • VapeCritic
    Nobody else really uses Kanthal anymore right?
  • Gman
    No, it's only wattage mode since kanthal won't respond to temperature control. And it's not the best tasting. It does provide the largest hits. Nothing compares to Black ceramic Kanthal for hit strength. It will hit harder than any rig IMO.

But for 99.9% of people, the Ti coils are just fine, and the safest we know of so far.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    +1 for the new(ish) Top Air Flow cap for the OG Saionara. VapeCritic always talks about draw resistance and airflow - if you like if flowing free the TAF is an improvement over the original.

Comes with the Titanium bucket.(When it's in stock). But my fave is the Ceramic Donut ... great for flavor. Sweet spot for donut that I've found is 23 watts @ 300 degrees (resistance reading .64) with the TAF air holes about only 1/4 open. YMMV.

The triple titanium on quartz coil also rips it up.
  • Mc69
    hey Bud,

why didnt u grab this? https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-vaporizer-w-top-air-flow-titanium-bucket-coil-installed-w-two-coils/

Looks like what you ordered but a few dollars cheaper.
  • VapeCritic

LOL WTF! i didn't see that one :roll:
  • MAbud

awesome! Cant wait to see your thoughts on this one
  • JonnyFrontrow
    That was my first post. I like that you trust your community! Lets us know what u think.

Still experimenting (but have went down the r/Saionara rabbithole re Temp Control settings and have found these are a good place to start (using an iStick Pico):
    • Ceramic Donut: in Ni mode 23 watts @ 300 degrees (resistance .64)
    • Ti bucket: in NI mode 22.5w @ 400F (.66 resistance) for super tasty hits; 26w @ 420 for bigger clouds
    • Triple Ti on quartz coil: in Ti mode 20w @ 410F (.29 resistance)

PS - close off the bottom airflow holes when using the Top Air Flow cap.

PPS - Vic sure could use some help w making the website a lil' more friendly and have more info how to use the coils ... but his customer service and products are TIP TOP.
  • VapeCritic

Thanks for the tips man very helpful!! Do you happen to have any input on this thread also? https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2954/best-concentrates-for-best-vape-pen-coils
  • Karec
    those Sai atomisers look sweet and having a triple threat to try them all in different scenarios looks to be the best choice to find out what is best for me, ill wait for more info, my Puffco Plus is delivering Rosin so ...

Thx @Gman i saw your pointers on atomisers for Rosin and others :cool: :wink:
    Cheers
  • Gman
    looking good. I use a heat sink under mine cause the Ti bucket gets hot. The other coils not so much.
  • MAbud
    Awesome! Looking forward to your thoughts on this one
  • Karec
    thx for the info i went for it and got that over the 420 sales, im waiting to arrive in Portugal and hopefully with no extra customs fees... so now im going to buy locally the eleaf pico 75w (1st time using a mod box) and after looking at some threads over at reddit i got overdosed with info :lol: :rofl: :lol: , i am not a coil fan, ceramic for me is closer to vaping than coils, balance between flavour and cloud production is what im seeking to achieve and Rosin and Rso are the only concentrates i usually made/get.

I guess i need to update to firmware using ArticFox to optimize the experience.

How many hits you can expect using the ceramic donut, i read that can be used between .025- .1g max is this correct?

1st i thought the titanium bucket could be used alone but now i guess need to be on top of a coil. i saw some vids with the bucket on top of the ceramic donut, does it work on top of the triple quartz coil?

What the main differences between the using the ceramic alone and with the bucket?

Also on reddit i saw some people (daltesean advice) using a Herc mesh or a crafty mesh on top of the ceramic donut, i guess because of the spills?! and maybe using a mesh can handle more quantity? i have some of the crafty laying around so i will use them if the advice is right :lol: :rofl: :lol:

ja85z1qtnyizkoor.png
    0z1syqr3bao6y0sp.png
    o2nuqszqub699agc.png

Cheers guys thx for the help and sorry for the amount of questions :cool:
  • juxt

If you ordered the Ti bucket atomizer it comes all ready to use in the SAI body. just screw it in you don't have to worry about coil. The second pic in Bud's post above is the Ti bucket, and is fully ready to use. It can hold a lot and doesn't need any mesh or anything, just dump it in there and use :) I think I used as much as a small pea sized wad...not all the time, but sometimes :)

If you order a different atomizer, like the 'donut' as they call it, it can't hold as much natively and the mesh can hold a lot that then seeps down into the atomizer. It's more portable than the cup because it's harder for the goo to seep out the top if it's upside down in your pocket, but more messy overall and the donut atomizer breaks too easy from my experience.
  • Karec
    hey thx for this i was waiting for someone to help im waiting this to arrive Sai Vaporizer w/Top Air-Flow & Titanium Bucket Coil Installed w/Two coils, so i have the ceramic atomiser a the triple titanium coil and a titanium bucket coil, this will work alone?
  • juxt

The 'atomizers' which are the Ti bucket, single coil, dual coil, magic a&b, and some others all fit into the SAI body. The atomizers will eventually wear out, but since you have several types you can just screw them in one at a time and see which you like before you order more.

So once you have the SAI body, you just need atomizers to put in it. The atomizers don't work alone.

Everything else you see on the FC forums are aftermarket mods mostly done by folks chasng the ultimate experience.
  • Karec
    ok thats great so i have 3 different types i can use, if i understood everything ok :rofl: :rofl: :lol: what would be the best settings to start for every single one? i think i need to flush the firmware by the artic one to get the best out of the pico 75W. can't wait to try it
    cheers
  • Karec
    thx for that info mate, i agree HVT site misses info on how to use it and other info... i hope ai get a good manual to learn...
  • Gman
    You need the top air flow cap to use the Bucket coils. Unless you have a poseidon V2.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment